The heart of Ther'avare! Join in the conversations and make yourself known amongst your clan, and participate in its life, culture, and art!

Postby Kail'odian on Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:51 pm

EA updated. Very cool, and informative too.
Kail'odian
Vel'akar

Clan: Sharen

Postby Lady Tenkage on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:03 pm

We have pokies! Hurrah!
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Nagimalice on Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:14 pm

A pokie, but more are sure to come ^.^
Nagimalice
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Frost Indri on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:21 am

Mushrooms just lack the fiber for the most part. I can think of one fungus that MAY have the fiber to be paper, and most of the time it's mistaken for wood.

Me, I'm on the side of using the moss and (whatever) rag made from old clothes. Do you know how long you have to work pulp this stuff? and how hard? Lets start with smaller fibers. Of course, the real problem is going to be producing a screen to pull the paper on. I don't know if we have the cloth that would be good for that. :/ Unless our blacksmiths can make wire mesh?

(Yeah, I've made paper too in real life. Fortunately, I've been able to buy my pulp and haven't had to make my own.)
Frost Indri
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Madea on Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:02 am

I think the moss would make a decent pulp, although we hope it won't poison us through use. But don't over think that too much. Hmm... that reminds me, and I think this idea was brought up before... when we start making arrows, we should see if we can't boil the moss and see how poisonous it really is.

We could just as easily have made "paper" out of silk or hide, and there have been hints of using bone, stone or metal plates linked together as a kind of scroll. It will be easier to get more paper through trade than try to make it, in my opinion.

We can assume that some of the sentimental items we kept were some books and papers, and I think it's better if we avoid drawing attention to a detail unless we're prepared to handle it; at this stage, we're not.

And yay for pokies!
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Lordof??? on Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:12 am

Oh you mean pokies as in things that can poke people

Not as in pokies the gambling machines
Lordof???
Summoner

Postby Tamo Shua on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:17 am

There is a couple of movies I know of that may help in getting the grove on for caves. One by nova is called the Mysterious life of caves. Talks about how life in a deep cave goes on. The other. The blue planet shows how life is deep down where no light is. Both are pretty good. This planet has different life so these are just for reference.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Postby Hetros on Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:29 am

Poison sounds like a good idea, dip all our weapons in it, hehehe, even if someone escapes they'll still die... which will be nice... though it looks like it's fast acting (the results of the poison were immediate in the comic, the tester was still holding a spoon)...

and also... POKIES!!!! Time to go poke people!

oh, and:
Jaibyrd wrote:(and sometimes a banana in pajamas, but only on Tuesdays, never on Sundays)

and here I thought I was the only one who remembered that old show... they still playing it? is Samurai Pizza Cats still playing before it? and if so what channel?
Hetros
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Lordof??? on Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:12 pm

oh yes Bananas in Pyjamas is still being made.

Its quite the little export from us down here.
Lordof???
Summoner

Postby kirio on Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:15 pm

Actually, by the time we'll need any significant supply of writing material (paper or parchment), we'll be able to trade for/buy it. Imagine our surprise at our first sight of high quality wood pulp-cotton fiber paper! I'd be willing to bet the Nal'Sarkoth make a nice profit selling it or the raw materials to make it.
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Lady Tenkage on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:04 pm

Neeeeeeew Paaaaaaaaaage!!!

Okay, with that out of th way, I'd have to say that with that last statement made by the Ill'Haress, it's clear that the Ill'Haress is feeling useless, with everything going on around her. May I suggest, for our next, um, suggestion (no pun intended) that we put up something that will not only have her feeling useful, but also dignified as an Ill'Haress??

I'd say, maybe start discussing the plans for the ruins raid with Shiir?
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby Q on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:33 pm

She should talk with Quel, Quel doesn't speak much cause he listens more. He's at the forge right now.
Q
Demon

Postby Dhal on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:52 pm

We know she is a diplomate maybe she could write an ultimatum we could send to the slaves by a little groupe like I suggested in shiir's thread?

Somekind of subtile: join us or die who could make it done faster if they accept the resiliation?
Dhal
Nether Spawn

Postby Lady Tenkage on Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:13 am

Any kind of inspirational speech or diplomatic motion is kinda pointless, until we move, I think. Besides, for our first real fight, she should honestly be there, watching. Having your Ill'Haress watching your battle is amazingly inspirational to troops, like how Queen Elizabeth would watch her armies to spur them on.
Lady Tenkage
Demon

Postby Andreas on Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:49 am

Beyond what she's already done, there doesn't seem like there's much for the Ilharess to do until the clan has moved to the ruins. Perhaps instead of trying to help plan the raid itself, she could begin to organize the civilian population for the move.
Andreas
Nether Spawn

PreviousNext

Return to Community Centre