Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Re: Census table of clan Tei'kaliath

Postby kirio on Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:09 pm

Loss of detail wasn't an issue that came up until much later when the character count got up over 50. Hetros (5' 7") and Ys'sa (6' 9") have been around since P2P started. War Master Shiir (5' 9") is supposed to be shorter than his lovers Head nurse Il'rae (6' 3") and Healer Elif (6' 1") not half a foot taller. :S Khan'zalika was a 'tall' (5' 10") because Miburo thought the average height for a drowess was the same as for a human male which is why drawing her as 6' 6" is actually correct to the intent of the player. That was the same mistake I made when I designed Ves'xilé as 6' 4" intending her to be quite tall rather than just barely above average. Again they are all characters that have been around since P2P started in 2007.

The average height for drow is 6' 0" for females and 5' 8" for males (i.e. the males are average human height). You can check it out in the Wiki if you like. Due to rampant height inflation among character submissions Madea set Tei'kaliath averages a bit taller at 6' 2" for females and 5' 10" for males to keep things more or less sane in the RP section.

Only Reza knows why he insists on ignoring heights in character descriptions or the world setting requirements when drawing faceless and Chellians and drawing them as if everyone was human. :U
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:28 pm

Loss of detail wasn't an issue that came up until much later when the character count got up over 50. Hetros (5' 7") and Ys'sa (6' 9") have been around since P2P started. War Master Shiir (5' 9") is supposed to be shorter than his lovers Head nurse Il'rae (6' 3") and Healer Elif (6' 1") not half a foot taller. Khan'zalika was a 'tall' (5' 10") because Miburo thought the average height for a drowess was the same as for a human male which is why drawing her as 6' 6" is actually correct to the intent of the player. That was the same mistake I made when I designed Ves'xilé as 6' 4" intending her to be quite tall rather than just barely above average. Again they are all characters that have been around since P2P started in 2007.

The average height for drow is 6' 0" for females and 5' 8" for males (i.e. the males are average human height). You can check it out in the Wiki if you like. Due to rampant height inflation among character submissions Madea set Tei'kaliath averages a bit taller at 6' 2" for females and 5' 10" for males to keep things more or less sane in the RP section.

Only Reza knows why he insists on ignoring heights in character descriptions or the world setting requirements when drawing faceless and Chellians and drawing them as if everyone was human.

Yeah, I can see why that would be annoying in most cases, especially when a character is supposed to be MUCH taller and not look short at all. (though since Shiir's our Warmaster I like the idea of him being taller so that our enemies won't laugh when they see this short guy leading the charge against them, XD ).
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Thaluka2 on Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:50 am

Probably just easier for him to imagine them as humans with pointy ears and grey skin.
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Idunyken on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:36 pm

kirio wrote:...his lovers Head nurse Il'rae (6' 3") and Healer Elif (6' 1")...

Uhm... :B
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby kirio on Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:59 pm

Idunyken wrote:
kirio wrote:...his lovers: Head nurse Il'rae (6' 3") and Healer Elif (6' 1")...

That's what the little triangle links next to the gender in the Census are. See this thread. And, yes, that's correct, War Master Shiir is in a happy threesome. :3
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Kiro Kiemi on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:40 am

I always laugh when Renn gets drawn with muscles... Of course, I have pointedly designed all my characters with meager physiques... Just a personal preference, really. :3

It's difficult adapting to different heights when we're so used to our ethnocentric view (sorry, taking sociology currently). Even I slipped up by making Renn'lir 5'9" on his profile, when he's actually on the short side, closer to 5'6". ^^;

But, hey, live and learn.
Renn'lir Joural Tei'kaliath: Miner, Enemy of ceak, continuously on "Odd-duty"
Kiro Kiemi
Summoner

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Idunyken on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:52 pm

kirio wrote:
Idunyken wrote:
kirio wrote:...his lovers: Head nurse Il'rae (6' 3") and Healer Elif (6' 1")...

That's what the little triangle links next to the gender in the Census are. See this thread. And, yes, that's correct, War Master Shiir is in a happy threesome. :3

It's not that, it's just that their job titles are mixed up ^^;
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby kirio on Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:07 am

Idunyken wrote:
kirio wrote:
Idunyken wrote:

It's not that, it's just that their job titles are mixed up ^^;

No, they are correct. The title of the ranked position is "Healer" and she is Elif'rafaat (Thalar's character). Her second in command is Ilrae'selyir (Runes' character) whose title is "Head Nurse".
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Idunyken on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:09 am

See, I knew I was going to be wrong...but posted anyway *hmmm*

Guess I should just trust your know-ledge completely from now on :3
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:09 am

Idunyken wrote:See, I knew I was going to be wrong...but posted anyway *hmmm*

Guess I should just trust your know-ledge completely from now on :3

*eek* No! Really, I rely on you guys to catch my errors. Please, if you see something that looks odd, post it.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby kirio on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:43 am

Chrulanm by missile59
Macrie'gaez by Craziemage
&
Mazik by feita132
added to the inactive list. *tear*
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Thaluka2 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:53 am

How can you tell these are inactive?
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:02 am

The player accounts no longer appear in the refugee list on the P2P main page. Those 3 have been missing from the list for a while (over 2 months in fact). I finally got around to putting a * on the names and moving them from the "yet to be hired" list in the assistants' tables to the inactive table.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby kirio on Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:40 am

Edited in Thorn and Writer's change of status.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Nagimalice on Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:07 am

Added in the (current)forge team breakdown in first post on the forge Thread, I'll try to keep it updated... ^^;
I don't wanna work.. I wanna sit around and bang on the forge all day."
Nagimalice
Vel'akar

Clan: Beldrobbaen

PreviousNext

Return to Path to Power