Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Re: Census table of clan Tei'kaliath

Postby Katharos Ombre on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:31 pm

Matriarchal society... thus male harems.

Sausage fest?

The Sullissinrunes surely have a few of those.
vagabondage... nothing interesting yet.

Ombr'eh Totolo Tei'kaliath on Path to Power 1-2-3
Katharos Ombre
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Idunyken on Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:52 pm

Katharos Ombre wrote:Matriarchal society... thus male harems.

Sausage fest?

The Sullissinrune clan is just one big harem to ashie XD
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Writer on Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:14 am

Idunyken wrote:
Katharos Ombre wrote:Matriarchal society... thus male harems.

Sausage fest?

The Sullissinrune clan is just one big harem to ashie XD

Well, they're certainly not a powerful political remnant of a great kingdom that fell thousands of years ago. That would be utterly ridiculous. :B
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:08 am

Idunyken wrote:
Katharos Ombre wrote:
Matriarchal society... thus male harems.

Sausage fest?

The Sullissinrune clan is just one big harem to ashie

Well, they're certainly not a powerful political remnant of a great kingdom that fell thousands of years ago. That would be utterly ridiculous.

Exactly! Why, thats almost as crazy as saying that Diva'ratrika, Empress of Chel, was killed sixteen years ago during the Nidraa'chal War by her own evil daughters who now rule over the Sharen with an iron fist, completely pulling the spider silk over the eyes of their own people and fellow Vals alike! RIDICULOUS I SAY! ;)
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby kirio on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:22 am

We did at one point have an exact 1:1 ratio of male to female characters. If players paid more attention to the world setting when designing their characters we would see far more female characters as players desiring to play warriors (the overwhelming majority) would opt for females as they are not only socially dominant but physically bigger and stronger. :S

Unfortunately, the majority of players begin their character design before looking at the world setting and then try to hack their background to justify the human qualities in their design (weak, passive female or strong aggressive male). Take a look at the character designs and jobs choices among the assistants, the trends are very stereotypical of human, even male chauvinist, attitudes. *rolleyes*
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Thaluka2 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:24 am

A lot of people aren't actively role playing. Your drow might look a bit different but he's basically you, if you aren't rping. I wouldn't even know how to rp a female except to giggle and hug everyone :D
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Idunyken on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:48 am

The PtP art style make males look bigger and stronger, which probably throws a few off.
PtP - Iduken'di the hoodie-wearing brickie!
"Badai lost his arm intentionally, to give the rest of the world half a chance"
Idunyken
Vel'akar

Location: In a log cabin with beers cooling in the snow outside...livin' the dream!

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:55 am

Yeah, I've noticed that too, female Tei'kaliaths don't tend to tower over or out muscle males by leaps and bounds like in the main comic (is it because Tei'kaliath males are bigger than normal drowolath males? The females are still bigger of course but the two genders get along better than they do in other chelian clans i think, or at least they have more of the same opportunities).
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby kirio on Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:42 pm

The art work does not follow the character descriptions according to height. Reza has been asked repeatedly by Kern to draw the females (especially the faceless females) as taller than the males. Even when the character heights are appropriate to the world setting the characters are not drawn that way. The biggest loser in that mess is Ys'sa the berserker (6' 9") who is actually supposed to be taller than Khan'zalika. ^^;
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Lt Anders on Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:14 pm

kirio wrote:The art work does not follow the character descriptions according to height. Reza has been asked repeatedly by Kern to draw the females (especially the faceless females) as taller than the males. Even when the character heights are appropriate to the world setting the characters are not drawn that way. The biggest loser in that mess is Ys'sa the berserker (6' 9") who is actually supposed to be taller than Khan'zalika. ^^;

He also draw's certain professions as slightly more muscled than others... ^^;

But, You have a 3:8 male:female ranked ratio. I know the miners have a 14:3 M/F ratio too...Any ladies want to join us? We could use ya *ooo*
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Taruna on Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Error-post. My Apologizes.
Taruna Tei'kaliath - Former Warmaster - 2nd Tir'ay Champ (Warr.)
Family
Nimaraidh
Because inside of everyone of us is a warrior
Whose courage is like a sword
But the biggest weapon is his heart
(Silbermond - Krieger des Lichts)
Taruna
Vel'akar

Postby Katharos Ombre on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:26 pm

Well, as long Reza draws me smaller than the big females, I'm not complaining. I wanted a drow able to work during long periods of time (endurance) not a muscle brute like that guy leading us.
vagabondage... nothing interesting yet.

Ombr'eh Totolo Tei'kaliath on Path to Power 1-2-3
Katharos Ombre
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:54 pm

He also draw's certain professions as slightly more muscled than others...

But, You have a 3:8 male:female ranked ratio. I know the miners have a 14:3 M/F ratio too...Any ladies want to join us? We could use ya

Anders has a point there, average size and height aside, a male drow who serves as a professional soldier is going to be more powerfully built than a female drow who's never picked up a weapon in her entire life (though he still should be shorter, unless they're one of those lucky males who were born gigantic like my fave highland raider, Valo Yurunhir Sarghress, mahahaha! ;) ). Also, I imagine Reza doesn't want to draw player characters as weakly looking, especially if there are more male players than females (I too encourage more ladies to join, Tei'kaliath needs all the help it can get! THESE CHELIANS ARE BLOOMING CRAZY!!! *omfg* )
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby kirio on Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:58 am

In spite of appearances, I expect that Mari'ceil would be the Tei'kaliath arm wrestling champion. :P She's supposed to be taller than Hetros (the beefiest clan member) who is supposed to be short for a drow male. ^^;
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress on Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:08 pm

In spite of appearances, I expect that Mari'ceil would be the Tei'kaliath arm wrestling champion. She's supposed to be taller than Hetros (the beefiest clan member) who is supposed to be short for a drow male.

oh, so you're saying the art is disregarding the character profiles? hhhmmm, well, my guy was supposed to be wearing a bandana like mask over his face, I just brushed it off as being too much of a hassle for the artist to draw each time (though what you said is peculiar).
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Path to Power