Tei'kaliath clan discussion and announcements.

Re: FAQs: Path to Power! Ask your questions here!

Postby Talancir on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:06 am

if I want to sign up for a job, I have to pm the ranked player in charge? or do I have to post in their job thread to apply? am I following this right?
PTP / RH - Eldri'caldeyi - former burgoisie (Press my shirt, lowly prole!), Architect of Ama'varde, Relic Hunter of Sohei Thunder.

Main Archive: Lysire'indris Beli'cadrin - Warden of the Twin Eyes "and Belph'aegor is a hottie!"
Talancir
Vel'akar

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Miburo on Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:26 am

Talancir wrote:if I want to sign up for a job, I have to pm the ranked player in charge? or do I have to post in their job thread to apply? am I following this right?

you can do either, all ranks will be happy to see someone is interested in working with them :)
And if you do it today chances are that they can hire you this turn already. (unless it's the scouts or warriors since they are on the "battlefield")
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Vertigo916 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:14 am

basic questions on affinity, I have been reading drowtales for a while now and if i remember the casting system from the instructors lesson you can have an affinity to more than one element correct? But could also have a negative reaction to an element as well? Ie arial and blood. <forgive if i spelled the name wrong>

Also wanted to put my profile up for review. I'm not very good at story telling. Wanted to make him kinda like me, Tall large frame prefers to brute force things and kinda quiet. The eyes i just like green. But was hoping to get advice to improve my profile ect.

Defined by his height Lyam is easy to pick out in the small tight knit community. In comparison to his stature the medium length hair on his head is of little interest though one lock always seems to try and cover part of his face on the right side. His bright green eyes are much more memorable giving his tall frame a soft and inviting tone. Any one speaking with lyam will notice he is a man of very few words. Preferring instead to go about his tasks as zealously an eagerly as his body would allow him to. A large Scar consisting of 4 gashes define his chest region starting from his right uper pecks going to his lower torso. If asked about it he will tell you the first of the 3 are from a lizard attack on the refugees during the long exodus, The 4th line he will not talk about. These are always unmissable due to the distinct lack of shirt. On his right hand and lower arm are tattoos for the the earth element something of a gift from his parents for doing so well in the affinity class's before the fall. The tattoos symbolize one of the few memories lyam has left of his family and former homeland.
Last edited by Vertigo916 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If we cant force such a simple thing as stone to submit to us how can we ever hope to stem the unending flow of time set against us.
Vertigo916
Nether Spawn

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Thaluka2 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:21 am

I'd just pick a basic affinity that you see listed on the census page. Those are all approved. There's more affinities but they have not been mentioned in canon. If Kern later comes out with some cool new affinities you can always change it, since it doesn't effect the actual PTP game in any way.

Air
Earth
Fire
Blood
Light
Shadow
Water
Pressure
Bone
Metal
Empathy
Sound

Keep in mind empathy and sound are fairly rare and in Chel they are mostly clan-specific.
Ziakas Tei'Kaliath - Scout of Ther'avere
Thaluka2
Vel'akar

Postby Hfar on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:41 pm

Vertigo916 wrote:basic questions on affinity, I have been reading drowtales for a while now and if i remember the casting system from the instructors lesson you can have an affinity to more than one element correct? But could also have a negative reaction to an element as well? Ie arial and blood. <forgive if i spelled the name wrong>

In Path to Power, it tends to be frowned upon if a character has two affinities. Madea tends to like to see characters with only one affinity. Also, negative reactions to elements aren't really factored into the Path to Power 'verse, so don't worry about it.
"I have a theme song?" - Niar'suru

"Wait. I won? How in Sharess' name did I win a tir'ay tournament?" - Fila'sofi

"Goats. Why did it have to be goats?" - Nemea'tari

"Uwaah~" - Merril'lin

Path to Power Wiki
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Thalar on Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:52 pm

Vertigo916 wrote:basic questions on affinity, I have been reading drowtales for a while now and if i remember the casting system from the instructors lesson you can have an affinity to more than one element correct? But could also have a negative reaction to an element as well? Ie arial and blood. <forgive if i spelled the name wrong>

Please keep in mind that for Path to Power the game, your affinity and other abilities don't matter. You are automatically assigned the abilities you need when you are recruited into an assistant position.

If you intend to roleplay, you'll need to write up a character sheet, but it has no bearing on your character's performance in the macro game. :)
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Vertigo916 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:23 pm

Thalar wrote:

Please keep in mind that for Path to Power the game, your affinity and other abilities don't matter. You are automatically assigned the abilities you need when you are recruited into an assistant position.

If you intend to roleplay, you'll need to write up a character sheet, but it has no bearing on your character's performance in the macro game. :)

The only reason i mention the affinity for earth is to lead into the tattoos on his arm. I guess I'm not very good at writing either (^_^)
If we cant force such a simple thing as stone to submit to us how can we ever hope to stem the unending flow of time set against us.
Vertigo916
Nether Spawn

Postby Lt Anders on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:04 am

Is there anyway to make that Avatar bigger?

Like, I can't see it..Help!

(It's the sigining with the Shutup in there)
Loyalty is not bought, but earned.-Me
Vae Victus-Woe to the vanquished.
Best. Song. Ever.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q267 ... s/Maiq.png
Tei'Kaliath: M'aiq(My-eek), Mine Manager
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Thalar on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:08 am

Unfortunately there is a size limit for the profile pictures. You could try rotating it 90 degrees ^^;
That is not dead which may eternal lie, and with aeons even death may die.

Tar'shay Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, on a boat, throwing things on the ground
Elif Nimaraidh Tei'kaliath, Colony Administrator, Tei'kaliath Prime Healer and Phantom Summoner
Thalar
Melon Berserker

Clan: Jaal'darya

Postby Lt Anders on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:13 am

But that Ruins the Picture!(Yes I do know bout the size limit. I just wonder if there's a way to make the text visible...Otherwise I'll just have to get myself signing and lose the Shutup :( that's the best part!
Best. Song. Ever.
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Postby kirio on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:23 am

Lt Anders wrote:But that Ruins the Picture!(Yes I do know bout the size limit. I just wonder if there's a way to make the text visible...Otherwise I'll just have to get myself signing and lose the Shutup :( that's the best part!

Instead of using it as an avatar you could put it in your signature which is more friendly to long narrow images.
Mana allows us to feel our connection to the world through the elements. Become one with that which thou wouldst change and the magic becomes effortless.
Cloudless Mind
kirio
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Nasfors on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:26 am

Awesome idea kirio.
Nasfors
Vel'akar

Postby Lt Anders on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:27 am

hm? yes...but now I gota find an Avatar...sigh!

Well, finding and Avi shouldn't be hard. TEST TIME!(I'll take Kirio's Advice)

NOPE! STILL NOTHING! only allowed 100 high 500 wide.(it's to tall...) Anyhelp by someone with something better than Paint?
Best. Song. Ever.
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

Postby Hfar on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:33 am

Lt Anders wrote:hm? yes...but now I gota find an Avatar...sigh!

Well, finding and Avi shouldn't be hard. TEST TIME!(I'll take Kirio's Advice)

link? She'd probably let you use it if you asked. Or you could go with a Kirby.
"I have a theme song?" - Niar'suru

"Wait. I won? How in Sharess' name did I win a tir'ay tournament?" - Fila'sofi

"Goats. Why did it have to be goats?" - Nemea'tari

"Uwaah~" - Merril'lin

Path to Power Wiki
Hfar
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Lt Anders on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:35 am

Hm? Perhaps I could ask her for non-watermarked file and use it?

But I still can't get it into my sig. 100x500 rule(one it allows tall, the other is long :( )
Best. Song. Ever.
Lt Anders
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Path to power