Private forum for Relic Hunter players.

Operation Felde: general HQ

Re: Operation Felde: general HQ

Postby SoulCode » Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:13 pm

Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:
Dalvyserran wrote:Have we determined who is going to take Ariel?

I think the Cloud Seekers are taking her...So lucky :S

Actually, due to CS's surprising filled ranks, I don't think she's going with us.
SoulCode
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:14 am

SoulCode wrote:
Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:
Dalvyserran wrote:Have we determined who is going to take Ariel?

I think the Cloud Seekers are taking her...So lucky :S

Actually, due to CS's surprising filled ranks, I don't think she's going with us.

The air team will take her if no one else will :3
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:16 am

Durlyn Val'Sarghress wrote:The air team will take her if no one else will :3

Ariel would be a natural for the air team, with her air affinity...I can see her taking out enemy floaters like Maverick in Top Gun..."I'll hit the brakes, he'll fly right by me!"

I want war gliders...with at least two automatic crossbows in the nose, with elongated mana-powered hoppers with a capacity for several dozen bolts. With air sorcery, we'd be wolf-fighting to get on their six...*CLACK*CLACK*CLACK*CLACK*CLACK*..."Aaargh!"...scratch one floater

Another idea is a wolfrider assault glider. Built for one drow and one wolf, the wolf located below the cockpit, with the glider pilot riding the wolf instead of sitting on a seat (both would be strapped down with safety belts with quick-release buckles, natch). As soon as the glider lands and comes to a halt, the rider yanks on a ripcord and the entire nose of the glider splits apart like a nutshell, taking the safety belts with it. Wolf and rider charge into action unhindered in two seconds (manual backup in case of emergencies like flipping after landing shouldn't take more than five seconds tops)

One more idea: undrowed gliders carrying explosive/flammable/nether payloads, controlled by a two-drow glider with the DIB (drow in back) using air sorcery to fly and guide the undrowed glider. The command glider stays out of range of enemy fire/empathy, and guides the undrowed glider into a collision course with the target. The undrowed glider would be immune to empathy attacks, and would have some maneuverability to avoid incoming fire as well as track mobile targets. Undrowed gliders could come in various sizes, the smallest for ground targets like infantry formations, mounted cavalry, and weapons emplacements. The largest could be used to fly into a window on a building and take out a floor, or drop bridge spans, or torpedo an airship
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: What do you mean "they cut the power"? They're just animals!

Op Felde: How I stopped worrying and learnt to love the Pant

Postby Disestablish » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:44 pm

Well, that's 6 pages of planning all but throw out the window... Much like the panties attacking Marauders and Stormfront
Now comes the REAL PLAN.
The Main road is not lost to us! We have everything we need, fire, lights, an audience, all our beautiful faces. Time to break into a song and dance, a few select members of our team finding whatever they can use as instruments as two of us, I would suggest Die'tra and Turgeis break into a song about their bloody, sexy adventures. The rest of our team shall be back up dancers as we attempt to distract and whip the watching crowd into a mosh pit frenzy and beat a retreat further into the city well they're distracted.
Disestablish
Dark Chibi Demon

Re: Op Felde: How I stopped worrying and learnt to love the

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:23 pm

Disestablish wrote:Well, that's 6 pages of planning all but throw out the window... Much like the panties attacking Marauders and Stormfront
Now comes the REAL PLAN.
The Main road is not lost to us! We have everything we need, fire, lights, an audience, all our beautiful faces. Time to break into a song and dance, a few select members of our team finding whatever they can use as instruments as two of us, I would suggest Die'tra and Turgeis break into a song about their bloody, sexy adventures. The rest of our team shall be back up dancers as we attempt to distract and whip the watching crowd into a mosh pit frenzy and beat a retreat further into the city well they're distracted.

O_O....Drow warfare is WEIRD man...XD
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Alric » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:05 am

Nice for fun and games, but I've a more effective idea :D

The Marauders will quickly proceed onward with Stormfront and fight our way past the roadblock, using the abilities at our disposal including earth sorcery. Flaming panties be damned. We will move quickly as possible, using cover to shield us from the cannons, in case they use something more dangerous than underwear next time! Jak'iaah will use her earth sorcery to make cover as we advance and to cover chokepoints behind us with spike walls in order to prevent enemies from attacking us from behind. We will close any gates behind us we pass and use earth sorcery to help bar them if needed.

Very preliminary idea, we should ask Kern about roadblock details and the like. Marauders and Stormfront need to keep moving forward and we need some of the mountain guys to fly over and disable the cannon(s) before they decide to use something deadlier than dirty laundry.
Tur'geis Am'saag Sarghress - Leader of Melfina's Marauders Squad in Relic Hunters and all around hard-ass.

DTRP Character Reviewer
Wiki Editor and Writer
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Basileus_Ioannis » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:56 am

Since it takes both hands to hold onto the glider's controls, perhaps we can all fly over the tower naked, and pee on it? Recommend lots and lots of beer for breakfast, for ammo as well as antifreeze (hey it's cold up there...) and morale booster. Speaking of boost, if you add a side of beans, we could use thrust augmentation for quick getaways (if someone has fire affinity, we could invent afterburners). Ah, who needs to run away? We could fly over the Feldian defenses, and lay down a cloying fog of noxious fumes *wee*
Basileus_Ioannis
Vel'akar

Location: What do you mean "they cut the power"? They're just animals!

Postby Kami-Kahzy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:29 am

So Cloudseekers! Any ideas on how you want to cross the marketplace? We could try and be sneaky or just waltz on in. Hell, we might not even meet any resistance if we try not to look threatening.
Kami-Kahzy
Nether Spawn

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:11 am

What are the mountain teams planning to do? Crossroads wants to take the boat, and currently Basilisk is undecided. We also need to figure out how to deal with the cannon trained on us.
Height Chart for various races
Cameo appearances catalog

Beldrobbaen San'dellora Dizen'ralith House
Kyorl'solenurn Shinhwa
Sullisin'rune Min'issya - Ash'mita
Sharen Daksha'yani - Chigusa
Illhar'dro Mersedeh - Sasarai
Sarghress Awdri
Nal'sarkoth Kane'ohe
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby AthenAltena » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:08 am

Dalvyserran wrote:What are the mountain teams planning to do? Crossroads wants to take the boat, and currently Basilisk is undecided. We also need to figure out how to deal with the cannon trained on us.

Well one idea my squad has floated is possibly trying to drop a stalactite from the ceiling onto the tower by planting explosives, but it could also work for the cannon.
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:42 am

Have any teams considered gliding towards the cannon and overtaking its operators with bombs? Maybe even using the cannon to fire on enemy targets.

Kyorl'solenurn Shinhwa
Sarghress Awdri
Nal'sarkoth Kane'ohe
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby AthenAltena » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:13 am

Dalvyserran wrote:Have any teams considered gliding towards the cannon and overtaking its operators with bombs? Maybe even using the cannon to fire on enemy targets.

My concern about that would be anyone who hijacked the cannon possibly dealing the airship.

Speaking of which, what are we going to do about that thing? I, as usual, suggest dropping a rock on it in a surprise attack to take it out before it knows about us because the second it sees us and starts firing on us we're sitting ducks.
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Dalvyserran » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:29 am

Well, our general plan was to board the ship and disable it/turtle from within, while other teams move forward to Snadhya. I'm not sure if other squads are aiming for the ship, but we do intend to commandeer it if possible. If not, well no one will misuse Nega'fanea's property ever again! As far as I know, we can only see it's location so part of my action was to try getting a detailed look before moving forward.

However, presently it's not ideal to fly directly to the ship or the tower, because the loyal nobles are aware of the mountain team's presence. We may end up going with Crossroads to the boats, but if Fen Wolves or anybody has a plan to get in the vicinity of the ship, I'm all ears.

The cannon I'm sure can be taken out with smoke bombs and explosives, but there may be more hanging out nearby.

Kyorl'solenurn Shinhwa
Sarghress Awdri
Nal'sarkoth Kane'ohe
Dalvyserran
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Brakham » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:42 am

Since it's a little vague whether sohei thunder has any (reliable) gliding equipment we plan to jump into the lake and make our way to the boats. From there we could help the city squads, keep holding to the boats or make our way to the tower by boat/bridge.

A direct flight to the ship or tower is likely to hit hard defences. Making our way to the boats could provide us with choice of path.
Brakham
Nether Spawn

Postby Kami-Kahzy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:06 pm

Ok, so I think it might be possible to sneak past the marketplace if we cover ourselves in filth and make it so we look like we've been working in the wastes for a while. If anybody asks we'll just say we're heading home after a long day of hauling waste. Hopefully the stench will be enough to keep nosy folks away, but if we need to we can get all indignant and start flailing our arms, throwing flakes of nastiness every which way to get the inquisitive ones to drop it. If things really start to get dicey we can have Sharorvir use his empathy to calm down and help confuse the guards. But if worse comes to worse we'll just fight our way out, like ya do.
Kami-Kahzy
Nether Spawn

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

PreviousNext

Return to Relic hunters