Private forum for Relic Hunter players.

New Nal'Sarkoth Squad Leader

New Nal'Sarkoth Squad Leader

Postby Nathaniel Faustus » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:28 am

Okay, so I know it's preemptive, but I figure since most of us are here already and are merely waiting for one more, that we should tackle this now so as to get it done and out of the way so that we can hit the ground running. So, if you're interested in the position of group leader, then simple post here with an example of what you would have us do in order to catch up with the other teams. Person with the best idea/tactics and most votes, wins.
Nathaniel Faustus
Nether Seed

Re: New Nal'Sarkoth Squad Leader

Postby Kasso » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:46 am

Well, being the arrogant nooblette that I am, I will volunteer for leadership first and foremost I suppose!

Kynal's strategies would revolve around efficiency and taking calculated risks. How I would have our group catch up would depend and vary greatly when putting variables into the mix, however generally speaking as a player I have tenancies to take initiative and get something done when others are indecisive, by the same token I'm happy to listen to my squad mates strategies to best formulate an optimal plan of action in any chosen setting. Catching up will depend on what obstacles are put in our path on the way to the goal, so I can't really present any strategies as we likely won't be simply placed in the rear of one of the other groups.
"Camouflage is the colour of fear... I have no need to hide from my foes... I have no fear of death. My colours I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live - I am proud to die".
Kasso
Nether Seed

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Jethel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:15 am

For the most recently-made Sarg squad, the way leadership was chosen was each candidate picked a campaign and an existing squad and posted what action they would take if they were in that position. That can be used to give an example of the kind of action and leadership you are offering.

You may decide not to do this, it's just a suggestion. But since your squad doesn't have an obstacle yet you can pick one of the other squad's obstacles and post your ideas.

And for all you new Nals, the way a leader was decided was by posting votes into the leader-picking thread. That would be this one. Once all candidates have said their bit, post your vote here. :3
Jethel
Summoner

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Nathaniel Faustus » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:01 am

And on that note I would like place my name in the ring for nomination as well. So, let's settle this little dispute with the time tested. "What would you do?" scenario. I feel it's safe to say that we will be going into Campaign 2. So, to all contestants give a short answer as to what you would have our team do. We shall then vote on the best one. Winner gets the leadership. And so, I hand it to Kasso to go first.
Nathaniel Faustus
Nether Seed

Postby Kasso » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:17 am

Well, given the scenario say, which the Sarghress squad Cloud Piercers was confronted with a group of individuals whom feared them greatly be reputation alone. I likely would have pushed to exploit the situation and played on their fears through threats, non-lethal force and intimidation, to coax more out of them in the way of supplies and information. Given that the situation could ignite and backfire, but that's why we'd go in shields raised (Not literally) and be fully prepared for things to go sour!

When opportunity knocks, you knock harder.
"Camouflage is the colour of fear... I have no need to hide from my foes... I have no fear of death. My colours I wear openly, they proclaim louder than any words, "I am proud to live - I am proud to die".
Kasso
Nether Seed

Postby Nathaniel Faustus » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:22 am

Hmmm, good one Kasso. Now, let's hand it off to Kama aka Snip3y. Alright then, time for them to take a swing at things and see what they have to say.
Nathaniel Faustus
Nether Seed

Postby Nathaniel Faustus » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:34 am

It appears that Snip3y has forfeited their applicability to be leader. Which means that we now move on to the next in the chain...*reads note card* Are you sure? Okay then. It appears to be me. Alright then, here I go.

For starters, it says we are traders, but so was the British East India Tea Company. Which to me means that we can be as ruthless as we like, while maintaining good relations where we need them. Swiftness and efficiency are key for any party under my command. For instance, let us take the Cloud Piercers for instance. I know that Kasso stated that he would exploit the mercenaries by forcing information and supplies out of them. But what he neglected to realize is that there is far more to be had from the mercs than simple information. They are a weapon that if utilized properly, could be used to slow down and maybe even halt our competition. Push them in the right direction, use a combination of threats and bribery, and you now have information and a road block. After all, Napolean himself stated, "There are two levers by which to control man; fear, and greed."
Nathaniel Faustus
Nether Seed

Postby Kasso » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:44 am

Hah! I hadn't even considered the prospect of slowing the other groups down, you underhanded Drowussu you.
Kasso
Nether Seed

Postby Nathaniel Faustus » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:51 am

Heh, what can I say, I just do what I can to make sure we win. Simple as that. But then again it doesn't hurt that I've been role playing for roughly 9 years now, not mention DM some of my own games irl. So what can I say, I'm a devious bastard. ;)
Nathaniel Faustus
Nether Seed

Postby Kasso » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:27 am

For the sake of further direction, I withdraw from candidacy as squad leader and put my vote forward to Nathaniel.
Kasso
Nether Seed

Postby Kern » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:06 am

not much involvement in this squad, i forsee much problems in the future unless the others get more active. Regardless. I'll go give you squad leadership nathaniel.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Nathaniel Faustus » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:50 am

And now for a dignified and restrained comment from our winner. "W00T! Yes, Hahahahahahaha! Yeah baby Yeah!" *Ahem* I said "dignified and RESTRAINED". "What? Oh, riiigghhtt. Sorry about that. Well then, thank you all for your support in this issue. I will be sure to seek out your advice on the various decisions that I will have to make as team leader in order to insure our success and future. So, to all those who supported me, thank you for your support, your loyalty will not go unnoticed. Now then, LET'S PARTAYH!!!!" *Commences victory celebration* See, was that so hard? Now then, we return you to your regularly programmed relic hunting. This has been a public service announcement.
Nathaniel Faustus
Nether Seed

Return to Relic Hunters