Private forum for Relic Hunter players.

Questions!

Re: Questions!

Postby Tamo Shua » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:53 pm

I want to make an empathic blood sorcerer, but will that unbalance the RH game? Will that make the critter too powerful for relic hunters?
Magnetic finder of strange glitches.
Tamo Shua
Shard of the Old God

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Writer » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:45 pm

Tamo Shua wrote:I want to make an empathic blood sorcerer, but will that unbalance the RH game? Will that make the critter too powerful for relic hunters?

I think you'll have to choose one or the other. See the character sheet info Madea put up for more official details.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby Madea » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:42 pm

>_> I am not sure how I missed Finish's question.

Finish: Char isn't allowed, because the impression is that it is not a very well-known city and extraordinarily far from any of the underworld population centers; it was actually cut off during the war. As for other cities, short anwers; yes, you don't have to be from Chel, but you should probably refrain from actually mentioning the name of the city since there is limited information about them.

Tamo Shua: Empathy is considered an affinity for game purposes, but it overrides all other traits. If you are an empath, that is all you can be. Further, if we're talking about regular affinities, two separate affinities manifesting in the same person either result in those affinities being so weak that they are worthless, or as a High Sorcery; needless to say, both of those options - being extremely rare and unbalancing - are not allowed for the game.
In Memoriam of Ceres'thiel.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Aerisa » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:28 pm

Hello, question here! A friend of mine, an old PTP player, recently came back from 'sick leave' and might be interested in joining Relic Hunter. However, he isn't interested in paying just to be left in the waiting list. So I was wondering, with the new 'bot merc' option that was recently installed, what's the minimum number of persons needed to create an all new squad? Thank you!
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13359

More to come! *cross fingers*
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi I'm Django, Im a new to the relic hunter and I'm a little lost were to start.

Im currently working on a charator and I was wondering if I need to get him approved like in the drowtales roleplay?
Tripping out from a bad coke.

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Aerisa » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:41 pm

django wrote:Hi I'm Django, Im a new to the relic hunter and I'm a little lost were to start.

Im currently working on a charator and I was wondering if I need to get him approved like in the drowtales roleplay?

There is a certain template you are strongly advised to follow, right here

viewtopic.php?f=60&t=14518

Other than that, there isn't any need for approval or anything like that =3
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:57 pm

As for your second (backup) weapon, Could sling be ok for a choice even if its not on the list?

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Aerisa » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:15 pm

django wrote:As for your second (backup) weapon, Could sling be ok for a choice even if its not on the list?

As far as I know the backup weapon is the same for everyone. If you want a different main weapon however you'll have to wait for Madea to approve it or not.
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby django » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:21 pm

Do I ask for approval here or somewhere else?

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Aerisa » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:38 pm

django wrote:Do I ask for approval here or somewhere else?

Preferably on the thread I linked you to earlier. That's where character-related question go, to my knowledge.
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)

Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Madea » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:22 am

Aerisa wrote:Hello, question here! A friend of mine, an old PTP player, recently came back from 'sick leave' and might be interested in joining Relic Hunter. However, he isn't interested in paying just to be left in the waiting list. So I was wondering, with the new 'bot merc' option that was recently installed, what's the minimum number of persons needed to create an all new squad? Thank you!

Ideally, five. If four mercs are available and no fifth shows up for a week or so, we can ask Kern for an exception and form a squad early.

As an aside, it appears that your friend isn't the only one doing that, as gaps are usually filled quickly once it looks like a new squad will be formed soon or when squad gaps appear.

EDIT: Also, there is a reduced subscription that will allow people to just view the comics.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Postby django » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:24 am

Ok I just finished my Character Arthin and I was wondering what steps are needed to do from here?

Do I join a group or do I have to wait for an invite?

When I play were do i go?

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Madea » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:38 am

You've done all the steps, mate, just hang tight and wait for the rest of a new squad to show up.

Play in the shoutbox, chat here and get to know others; you never know when new people will show up. Once there's enough for a squad, we'll step in and help nudge people towards forming a new squad.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Postby django » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:01 pm

The Roleplay at the top is that what happens in the Comics or is that more like the drowtales RPG? (Like off screen stuff)

PM for Rping help
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Jethel » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:19 am

It's off screen stuff, it's unrelated to what's shown in the comics.

If you do want something to do what I might suggest (if you haven't done this already) is to make a second character and make it of the other clan. One thing about squads is that all members must be of the same clan and so having a character of each gives you the flexibility of fitting in with whatever squad has an opening, whether it's an existing squad or a new one being formed.

You may have noticed in your character page you have the option of making your character active/inactive. Basically the active character is the one you're "playing" at any given time and there can only be one. But say you're a Sarg and a spot opens in a Nal squad. Turn your Sarg inactive and turn your Nal character active and you can qualify for the spot.
Jethel
Summoner

PreviousNext

Return to Relic hunters