Private forum for Relic Hunter players.

Relic hunter 2 bug report thread

Relic hunter 2 bug report thread

Postby Kern » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:44 pm

The site is going online. Because it wasn't tested beforehand and many new features are being implemented, it is likely you'll encounter problems. For this reason we made this thread. Post the bug you've encountered in this thread for the programmer to see. He will work on fixing them. Don't ask question from the programmer though, he is busy enough.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Re: Relic hunter 2 bug report thread

Postby Vilx- » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:06 pm

It's up! I await your bug reports! :)
Vilx-
Summoner

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Pariel » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:19 pm

I don't think this is a bug, but I think it's worth reporting.

I use firefox 3.0.15 for ubuntu, with a resolution of 1600x 900 and the page image appears at the bottom, and the page selection is unaccesible because the login panel covers it once you put the mouse there.
"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one." - Marcus Aurelius.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Vilx- » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:20 pm

Sorry, I was in the middle of fixing some stuff when my laptop broke down and you were left with a half-complete update. All fixed now.
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby Robert_Frazer » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:28 pm

I'm having some trouble with the shoutboxes in both the main RH Index and the EIS squad page. Namely, clicking "Submit" does not cause a message to be posted - a hand for a mouse pointer appears as normal, and the button depresses when I click it, but no actual action follows that.

I am currently using IE8 on Windows Vista.
A clerk thought that Curzon's memorandum was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he wrote faintly in the margin "Round Objects". Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Robert_Frazer
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby AthenAltena » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:29 pm

The shoutbox doesn't seem to like me since I put in my character name, and none of what I submit shows up. Could be that the name is too long, so I'll try altering that and see what happens. I'm on Firefox on Windows 7.
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Vilx- » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:33 pm

Hmm... for me the shoutbox is just slow. Sometimes it can take up to a minute for your shout to appear. But, yes, twice it has also swallowed my shouts. Both times however I was impatient and either posted the next shout or refreshed the page before the first shout had appeared.

Still, I see that this is a bigger problem than I initially thought, so fixing shoutbox will now be on my priority list.

Oh, and BTW - your name length has nothing to do with it. Even the contents of the shout have nothing to do with it (yes, you can have any characters there). There is a length limit for the shouts, but it will disable the "Submit" button if you go too long - try it yourself. Silent swallowing of shouts is definately a bug.
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby AthenAltena » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:38 pm

I wonder about the name since it seemed to choke up on me after I mentioned it, but now it's not working at all. Hopefully it's a fairly simple issue to fix.
AthenAltena
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Vilx- » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:22 am

Have you tried being reeeeeeealy patient? :D

Actually, I think this will not be trivial. Performance issues rarely are. But this is pretty serious, and I already have a few ideas in which direction to investigate, so there should be some progress soon.
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby Vilx- » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:33 am

Is it better now? I changed one thing, it might help. It's still slow for me, but it could be because I'm halfway across the world form Drowtales servers. Drowtales site has never been very quick for me.
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby Aerisa » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:37 am

I don't know if this count as a Relic Hunter 2 bug, but we can no longer see a few Relic Hunter 1 adventures, namely Chapter 1 of the second adventure and adventure 3.
Stories about Lae'ryza:
Demonic Bond(finished)
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=13359

More to come! *cross fingers*
Aerisa
Vel'akar

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 am

Hi Vilx, I recently just created my first character BUT the problem is I can't seem to post anything in the shoutbox...can ya fix it so I can chat with people again? Hope its not because my name is too long or something...
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Vilx- » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:52 am

No, no, no! Where do you people get the idea that the name length is to blame? That has NOTHING to do with it!

As for the missing chapters - The Campaign 2 Chapter 1 should be visible now. Sorry, my mistake. As for Campaign 3 - Kern decided that it wasn't really good enough for Relic Hunters so it was removed from the new site. It still exists in a backup, but I'll have to ask Kern about how to make it viewable.
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby Vilx- » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:19 am

Shoutbox all fixed now! :)
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby Durlyn Val'Sarghress » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Sorry Vilx, but I still can't post anything in the shoutbox, and this problem didn't start for me until after i created my character...not sure whats up, but no matter how many times I press the submit button none of my messages get through :(

My name's Izz'ril Noa'muth Sarghress...ya sure that its not length thats doing this? I tried to edit it to just Izz'ril but no luck ^^;
Durlyn Val'Sarghress
Dark Chibi Demon

Clan: Sarghress

Next

Return to Relic hunters