Private forum for Relic Hunter players.

Relic hunter 2 bug report thread

Re: Relic hunter 2 bug report thread

Postby Taruna » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:21 pm

A back link from the Relic Hunters Main page to the Drowtales Mainpage would be nice
Taruna Tei'kaliath - Former Warmaster - 2nd Tir'ay Champ (Warr.)
Family
Nimaraidh
Because inside of everyone of us is a warrior
Whose courage is like a sword
But the biggest weapon is his heart
(Silbermond - Krieger des Lichts)
Taruna
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Exate » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:21 am

NovaMouy17 currently has two characters in squads- Nova in Crossroads, marked as inactive, and Amilyse is Fang Division, marked as active.

No idea how that happened, but it's probably not good.
Exate
Demon

Postby Vilx- » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:30 am

I guess someone fixed it up already? I don't see the problem.

Perhaps Nova asked the GMs for help with something? The GM control panel allows them to modify anything in any way (without sanity checks) so maybe a GM was editing her characters and this was an intermediate state you saw.

Added: Then again, maybe not... Really, this shouldn't happen. I guess invites are to blame (they were a bit tricky to implement), maybe I've left some edge case wrongly implemented. If anyone could find out how to reproduce this, I'd be very grateful.
Vilx-
Summoner

Clan: Valley'gurl

Postby Jethel » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:25 pm

More of a forum bug than a game bug, but I tried uploading a new sig image and got the error "Cannot determine dimensions of the image" or something. Can't change my sig. I even tried 'submit' using my current sig image to see if it only recognizes certain sizes (the new one I wanted is slightly bigger) but sure enough, it can't detect the size on the image I got.
Jethel
Summoner

Postby Vilx- » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:33 pm

Wild guess, but try using a different image format? Like PNG or JPG, or something. :P
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby Jethel » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:28 pm

The new image I want is a .gif, but the current image is .jpg and it won't let me 'change' to that either. I put the .jpg into the sig and hit submit, get the same error message.

I could try .png, but is there a file size limit?
Jethel
Summoner

Postby Vilx- » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:15 am

There definately is, but you shouldn't strike it for an image of this size (it was 2MB or something). If you are trying to upload a big picture and then rely on the forum engine to downsize it, that could be the problem then. I'd advise changing the picture size yourself to the correct one and then uploading.
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby Jethel » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:40 pm

No, that is not the problem. My current sig image is the correct size on its own but when I used it as a test, I got the same error message. It can't detect images that are the correct size.

As for the one I'm trying to change too, it's not 'big', it's only a few pixels bigger than the current one in one direction. There are sigs of other people who have images that size, I'm not trying to make the forum resize the image for me because I know the forum doesn't have that ability.

Does anyone else have this problem? Even when using your current signature image and clicking 'submit' does it give the error message about not being able to detect the image's dimensions? I'd post about this in a more appropriate place but apparently the forums don't have a bugs area, this is the only bugs-related thing the forums have. :c
Jethel
Summoner

Postby Writer » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:21 am

Not bugs per se, but I thought I'd point out that a couple of the relic hunter dates and pages seem to be listed incorrectly in the drop-down list in the archives. There may be more.

Chapter 3 page of Sat, 27th of February, 2010, is listed as "Page 038", when it's clearly page 008.

Chapter 5 page c5p016 of Thu, 4th of November, 2010, is listed as "c5p016", when it probably should be "Page 016". As indicated by the red, the page header also has an odd addition to its normal name.

The latest page is named "Chapter 5 page of Tue, 26th of October, 2010", which I'm sure is wrong, and listed as "Page 016" when it probably should be "Page 017", since the last page was 016.
Due'gar Tolmen Tei'Kaliath - A busy builder.

A day at work. - "I wish...Um. Nevermind."

Thoughts are like arrows: once released, they strike their mark. Guard them well or one day you may be your own victim. - Navajo proverb.
Writer
Vel'akar

Postby Vilx- » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:26 am

Well, those do count as bugs in my book. :P I'll check.
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby Vilx- » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:43 pm

Alright, fixed it. Actually all the problems you mentioned were simply wrong data entered in the DB when uploading a page. Not a bug indeed. However I did accidentally find an actual bug while fixing it. So thanks! :)
Vilx-
Summoner

Postby Jethel » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:25 am

I see the following text above the Drowtales Forum header graphic when I look at topics. This happened both when looking at the Vendor list topic and the bug report topic and I assume it happens for all topic viewing but not the topic lists.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate() [function.getdate]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/New_York' for 'EST/-5.0/no DST' instead

Also got text during the successful posting page. I'll edit this and try to catch it again...

Hm, I didn't see the text when I edited it. Maybe it's only if the post is a fresh new post. Anyway, weird text showing up in the forum.
Jethel
Summoner

Postby Vilx- » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:27 am

Yeah, we're aware of this. It might be cropping up in many places. We'll try fixing it, but for the time being, you can just ignore it. It's harmless. :)
Vilx-
Summoner

Previous

Return to Relic hunters