For discussions regarding White Radish animation projects, such as Cutethulhu and Pink Lemonade.

Pink Lemonade

Postby Diana Artemis » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:58 pm

Shawn, just a question. I noticed that Pepper and Pickle are "Resvians" - in the Japanese language, "R" and "V" also read as "L" and "B" to make "Resvians" the word Lesbians.

Is that a deliberate joke that you added in, Shawn? If it is, that's quite clever how you worked it out.
Moonlight Maiden by Night, Hunter by Day, Crazy romantic the rest of the time!
Diana Artemis
Nether Spawn

Postby Shawn the Touched » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:25 pm

Ah, she's a fair cop, she done sussed it!
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Postby Diana Artemis » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:00 pm

I've had an interest in the Japanese language for quite some time - I didn't get it straight off, but then, all of a sudden it hit me, what with PL's subject matter and all.

Have you any other hidden gags or references like that in PL? I know you have them in the other White Radish productions (eg "Please pass the milk, please!" in Cutethulhu).
Diana Artemis
Nether Spawn

Postby starburst98 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:51 pm

"please pass the milk please"???? i dont get it?
starburst98
Vel'akar

Postby Diana Artemis » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:20 pm

I think Shawn said it was a They May Be Giants reference - in Cutethulhu, the character of Jeanette says it during the tea party with the Cthulhu plushie doll.

Is that right, Shawn? :?
Diana Artemis
Nether Spawn

Postby Shawn the Touched » Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:27 am

I make little jokes all over the place, but I'd rather let people have the satisfaction of discovering them on their own than discuss them publicly. Privately, feel free to ask. I usually do them in such a way that it doesn't matter if people get it or not -- it doesn't interfere with the narrative if they don't, but if they do, they get a little bonus.

But yes, I've said publicly before that the "please pass the milk, please" line was a reference to one of the "Fingertips" mini-songs on TMBG's Apollo 18 CD (that and Flood are my two faves of theirs.)
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Previous

Return to White Radish chat