For discussions regarding White Radish animation projects, such as Cutethulhu and Pink Lemonade.

An ongoing Pink Lemonade comic (poll is concluded)

Would you support a Pink Lemonade comic?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:13 am

Yes, even if it is subscription-only.
No votes
Yes, if the latest page is free (and subscribe for archive access)
21%
Only if it's all free, and I would donate occasionally.
79%
Everything should be free! Artists should work for no pay and get real jobs!
No votes
Stay away from comics and focus on the animation!
No votes

Total votes : 19

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:56 pm

shawn your work kicks ass id kill anyone if they said it was crap.kern i love that pic it cool

Postby bikerwolf » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:00 pm

shawn the artwork you do is some of the best ive seen in a long time.i love the pic you got up Kern it would make a kickass tatto
I leave here never to return.with nothing but my bike and gun i ride into the darkness were i shall stay FOREVER
bikerwolf
Tik'tikki

Postby Shawn the Touched » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:20 pm

Anonymous wrote:shawn your work kicks ass id kill anyone if they said it was crap.kern i love that pic it cool

Thanx, both of you!
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Postby Kern » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:50 pm

Which pic are you talking about?
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

comic!

Postby animeking » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:21 pm

well i thought they were good ideas lol :D i think i have an idea!!!!
what i think you should do is incorperate your animation with the comic like maybe one page of the comic is little animaton panels!!!
(a lot of work but ive see it done, looked nice!)
and if not i think that it should be free and then you cannot get any of the older comics, like rerlease it issue by issue, not page by page, display it for a while then at the end of maybe 6-10 issues, put it all together as a pink lemonade comic book and sell it on your site!!!
i think it is a great way for people who dont have much money, to look at it for free for a bit, until you take that issue down, and if they like it alot, that can always buy it from your site so that have it for longer!!!
*sweatdrop*
*breathes*
ohh yea!
hi everuyone, im new! *beer* *beer* *beer* *beer* *beer* *beer*
animeking
Tik'tikki

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:47 pm

oooh! a comic book would be so cool! i'd definately buy it ^ ^~
hi animeking~!
-Cristina

Postby Guest » Sat May 01, 2004 5:08 pm

I have been currently been following your production ever sence I found out about you by your little animation on newgrounds around valentines day. The advice I got to give is not very pleasant. I feel that it should be free. All of it unless you are sending a cd or dvd or anything like that. There are way to many other things people can do on the internet and not pay. I must appologize, this really is to much to break it to you. You, if wanting money, should forget about it, entirly. Theres to much free stuff online already and you would be wasting time. You've got such a wounderful product, but unfortunatly so does almost every other free comic out there, (Penny Arcade, Under Power, ect.) There are to much, to be asking for money. There also so much animations, music, and even movies and videos to be asking for cash. You can try and I would not blame you for trying but I'm afraid you cannot get a cent out of me, only because whatever I want I can find on the internet. True I most likely cannot find your characters because of copywrite but I certainly can find something else in all catagories. I apologize one last time for crushing a dream.

Re: comic!

Postby DemonGirlPixie » Sat May 01, 2004 6:19 pm

animeking wrote:well i thought they were good ideas lol :D i think i have an idea!!!!
what i think you should do is incorperate your animation with the comic like maybe one page of the comic is little animaton panels!!!
(a lot of work but ive see it done, looked nice!)
and if not i think that it should be free and then you cannot get any of the older comics, like rerlease it issue by issue, not page by page, display it for a while then at the end of maybe 6-10 issues, put it all together as a pink lemonade comic book and sell it on your site!!!
i think it is a great way for people who dont have much money, to look at it for free for a bit, until you take that issue down, and if they like it alot, that can always buy it from your site so that have it for longer!!!
*sweatdrop*
*breathes*
ohh yea!

hi everuyone, im new! *beer* *beer* *beer* *beer* *beer* *beer*

welcome to DrowTales,please enjoy your stay^_^
DemonGirlPixie
Vel'akar

Postby Shawn the Touched » Mon May 03, 2004 8:05 pm

Anonymous wrote:There are way to many other things people can do on the internet and not pay. I must appologize, this really is to much to break it to you. You, if wanting money, should forget about it, entirly. Theres to much free stuff online already and you would be wasting time. You've got such a wounderful product, but unfortunatly so does almost every other free comic out there, (Penny Arcade, Under Power, ect.) There are to much, to be asking for money. You can try and I would not blame you for trying but I'm afraid you cannot get a cent out of me, only because whatever I want I can find on the internet. I apologize one last time for crushing a dream.

Sir or madam, this is not a dream, and cannot be crushed. I already have a DVD of my work available, and I get money from it. Yes, I am aware that some people don't think that people should be paid for their hard work, such as yourself, and that does not concern me, because there are enough people who do. Penny Arcade, by the way, is supported by the ads they run on their site (and merchandise). Homestar Runner is supported solely by merchandise. In essence, it is other people, the people who buy the merchandise and the people who visit the sponsors, who allow you to get their content for free. You are freeloading not only off the creators, but off the readers/viewers who *do* shell out well-deserved money for a well-made product. You are a leech, and this means that your opinion does not count in my decision. If you feel I've miscategorised you, I do apologise.
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Postby Kern » Mon May 03, 2004 9:08 pm

Anonymous wrote:I have been currently been following your production ever sence I found out about you by your little animation on newgrounds around valentines day. The advice I got to give is not very pleasant. I feel that it should be free. All of it unless you are sending a cd or dvd or anything like that. There are way to many other things people can do on the internet and not pay. I must appologize, this really is to much to break it to you. You, if wanting money, should forget about it, entirly. Theres to much free stuff online already and you would be wasting time. You've got such a wounderful product, but unfortunatly so does almost every other free comic out there, (Penny Arcade, Under Power, ect.) There are to much, to be asking for money. There also so much animations, music, and even movies and videos to be asking for cash. You can try and I would not blame you for trying but I'm afraid you cannot get a cent out of me, only because whatever I want I can find on the internet. True I most likely cannot find your characters because of copywrite but I certainly can find something else in all catagories. I apologize one last time for crushing a dream.

Funny, daydream and Melknighthood are doing just fine as pay-only online manga.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

My Oppinion

Postby DJShinigami » Sat May 22, 2004 4:14 am

I agree with the earlier post about waiting till the animations are done before moving to the comic strip... The anime will attract people to the comic strip. Your work is great and I would defenately donate )
DJShinigami

Postby Darkvein » Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:08 pm

Of course, there is code to make it so that when you right-click, it gives you a warning about not saving images instead of giving the menu option to save an image.
And so I run, and hide, and tell myself to start again.
Darkvein
Nether Spawn

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Shawn the Touched » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:00 am

Darkvein wrote:Of course, there is code to make it so that when you right-click, it gives you a warning about not saving images instead of giving the menu option to save an image.

Easily foilable by simply turning off Javascript in your browser, or checking your cache, or using the Info panel, or just taking a screenshot of it. There is no such thing as copy protection that can't be worked around. Why should I use it?
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Postby Chinutsu Yamahimi » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:16 am

Shawn, DV, if I may mention.. if the copy protection's done in HTML one only has to browse through the easily obtainable sourcefile to get to the image and then download it into their computer to an "easy-to-find-location"
Chinutsu Yamahimi
Onna Ryuu

Location: Ever stop to think... And then forget to start again?

Postby Shawn the Touched » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:45 am

Titania Lylia wrote:if the copy protection's done in HTML one only has to browse through the easily obtainable sourcefile to get to the image and then download it into their computer to an "easy-to-find-location"

Yes, there's another method I failed to mention. Bottom line is: if it can be displayed (as it must be, if it's a visual work), then it can be saved.
Shawn the Touched
Animator

PreviousNext

Return to White Radish chat