For discussions regarding White Radish animation projects, such as Cutethulhu and Pink Lemonade.

About donations

About donations

Postby Deglorath » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:21 pm

Heyo,

Just wanted to say I've watched all your assorted animations for Pink Lemonade and I can't wait for when it comes out, btw, just how much do you think you'd need donation-wise? I can't promise anything, but I'd like to see this come about fully.

Anyways, great work you've done here, keep it up, eh?

Deg
Deglorath
Tik'tikki

Postby Shawn the Touched » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:32 pm

Deglorath wrote:just how much do you think you'd need donation-wise? I can't promise anything, but I'd like to see this come about fully.

Funding an animation fully would take thousands of dollars. For a larger studio, Jan Scott-Frazier says:
"It depends on the level of quality. It ranges from $75,000 for really awful stuff up. It's not worth talking about unless we're talking over $125,000. At $250,000 it starts to look good. At $350,000 it can be used as an OVA. For $1.5 million we could do Ghost in the Shell quality feature film animation."

However, I could do a 30-minute OVA for a bare minimum of $10,000. But that would be more of an investment, not a donation. For an individual's donation I can't expect much, but added together, it can help keep a roof over my head and food in my stomach so I can work.

Although any amount is helpful, for any contribution of:
    $5 to $20 or more, you can have your choice of a special desktop wallpaper on the Pink Lemonade site.
    $25 or greater, a wallpaper and I'll list your name in the credits of the current production as a token of appreciation. (Specify how you want to be listed)
    $50 or more will land you a wallpaper, a credit, and a complimentary copy of the video containing the credit (on DVD).
    $75 or more for a wallpaper, a credit, a copy of the DVD, and a sketch of the White Radish character of your choice! (Specify which character, and pose).
For larger amounts, you'll of course get all of the above, plus extra gratitude, and perhaps more if you have a reasonable request. :D For donations, I have 2 Paypal accounts: One personal account radish@clickass.org (which you can use as long as you didn't fund your balance via credit card), and a Premiere account for credit card, paypal@whiteradish.com.
Last edited by Shawn the Touched on Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Postby Shawn the Touched » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:57 pm

Okay, the donation page is now online, along with one new free wallpaper, and one to be given for a donation!
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Postby Kern » Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:05 pm

"It depends on the level of quality. It ranges from $75,000 for really awful stuff up. It's not worth talking about unless we're talking over $125,000. At $250,000 it starts to look good. At $350,000 it can be used as an OVA. For $1.5 million we could do Ghost in the Shell quality feature film animation."

Prices in proffesional domains are always so high
but none of us could ever hope to be paid such amount of money.

A web site devloped by a local company ask for a price with 5 digit or more.
Yet the same site ordered on the internet very rarely go beyond the thousand
same goes for the cartoonists
same for goes for animators.
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Shawn the Touched » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:24 pm

Kern wrote:Prices in proffesional domains are always so high
but none of us could ever hope to be paid such amount of money.

Oh I can hope. I just haven't gotten that much yet!

A major reason those prices are so high is that it typically takes a large number of people to create something like that. Split amongst all the people involved, the price looks a lot more reasonable.
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Bloody Hell!

Postby Deglorath » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:14 am

Well, there goes that idea, anyways, I'll be donating atleast 75 later on, I'll see what else I can do, I really like the idea you have here, and I'd love to see it come to 'life'.
Deglorath
Tik'tikki

Another Question

Postby Deglorath » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:14 am

Just how many people would you need? Voice actors, Animators, Editors, such and such, what would it all come out to?

And which are the most expensive ones?
Deglorath
Tik'tikki

Re: Another Question

Postby Shawn the Touched » Mon May 03, 2004 8:09 pm

Deglorath wrote:Just how many people would you need? Voice actors, Animators, Editors, such and such, what would it all come out to?
And which are the most expensive ones?

Well, I think the most expensive would be animators. But just at the moment I'm in the middle of a very large paying project, and cannot work on PL for about a month. But remember those numbers I was mentioning before in this thread (the one Kern couldn't believe were possible)? He had to eat his words on that one!
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Postby Kern » Mon May 03, 2004 9:05 pm

*sweatdrop*
Kern
Yan Gagne

Clan: Beldrobbaen

other ways

Postby Nammie » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:15 pm

shawn could I get an address so I could send you a donation because I don't have a credit card but I still wanna help with the pink lemonade funding.
MY COMPUTER IS SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Nammie
Nether Seed

Re: other ways

Postby Shawn the Touched » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:46 pm

Nammie wrote:shawn could I get an address so I could send you a donation because I don't have a credit card but I still wanna help with the pink lemonade funding.

White Radish
902 Jackson Dr.
Williamsburg, VA 23185
(This is also on the Ordering page on the main site),

(Hope you don't mine, Nammie, but I'm removing the other thread since this one's here) :)
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Not at all!

Postby Nammie » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:03 pm

I don't mind. Thanks!
MY COMPUTER IS SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Nammie
Nether Seed

WHAAAATT!!!!!

Postby Wizard_of_Shnoz » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:41 am

So U guys are saying that even a short anime done in flash takes a shit load of cash and personnel!? Damn! And here I was thinking that I could make over the summer once I learned how to draw properly and got my hands on some animation software. :P
"Sigh" I even had a backstory all thought up, with characters taking shape.
Well I guess I'll have to moth ball my ideas for a couple of years, and wait till i have the resources.
mean while I gotta study for my IGCSEs *sweatdrop*

BTW if I can spare the cash i'll see if I can make a donation.
Wizard_of_Shnoz
Summoner

Re: WHAAAATT!!!!!

Postby Shawn the Touched » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:11 pm

Wizard_of_Shnoz wrote:So U guys are saying that even a short anime done in flash takes a shit load of cash and personnel!? Damn! And here I was thinking that I could make over the summer once I learned how to draw properly and got my hands on some animation software. :P

No, what it takes is time and skill. To be done quickly, it takes a lot of focus, which means either having several people working on it, or one person working on it as their sole occupation. Naturally, such a person needs income to survive. This wouldn't stop a skilled individual from completing a masterpiece with no money -- but it takes a lot longer that way.
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Re: WHAAAATT!!!!!

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:25 am

Shawn the Touched wrote:No, what it takes is time and skill. To be done quickly, it takes a lot of focus, which means either having several people working on it, or one person working on it as their sole occupation. Naturally, such a person needs income to survive. This wouldn't stop a skilled individual from completing a masterpiece with no money -- but it takes a lot longer that way.

Oh then thats ok. after i'm done with IGCSEs I'll have plenty of time to develope skill, which is really the only thing I need (other than money).
I've dabbled in comics before, my last six panel short was AWFUL, the best drawn character was a megalomaniac sock puppet! *sweatdrop*

Return to White Radish chat