For discussions regarding White Radish animation projects, such as Cutethulhu and Pink Lemonade.

Welcome to the forum!

Postby Nikey » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:32 pm

How long will the full episodes of PL last?
And the Shorts?

BTW, I love your work!
Keep it up!
But I dont think you can buy the DVD her in The Netherlands...
And if I order it, then the shipment costs(?) will be very high...

I dont really knew how I had to write this all,
But I hope I didnt confuse you and that you dont understand me...
Just tell me if you dont understand and I will try to type it on another way...
Nikey
Tik'tikki

Postby Shawn the Touched » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:49 am

Your English was well enough to understand. I estimate the short to be around 5 or 6 minutes long. The full episodes should be at least 30 minutes, more likely 40, and possibly longer.

Shipping to The Netherlands would be no problem, but you may be right about the shipping cost. Still, a padded envelope DVD-sized shouldn't be too outrageous. Alternatively, I may release a downloadable version after the DVD has been out for a while.
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Postby Kudis » Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:13 am

Few things. First, I think what you are doing is unimaginably awesome and you must be living a dream. Second, I realize you have mentioned the whole blue numbers deal but you think you could give a rough, too-early-to-be-accurate estimate on when you think the DVD release will be available? I suppose that would be assuming you have a few people helping. Im sure you can get people to help. Hell, if *I* could help in any way other than donating I know I would. As you know many would love to help your cause, as it is the righteous crusade that must be finished to satisfy the ever-growing hunger of anime. Godspeed my friend. :wink:
Kudis
Tik'tikki

Postby Shawn the Touched » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:45 am

No, I don't have anyone helping with the animation. To be honest, I've tried that in the past, and it doesn't work out very well.

I love how so many of the reviews on Newgrounds who must not have even glanced at the web site say things to the effect of "You should make something longer, with a story." Oh, what an idea! Maybe I should. I'll think about it.
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:37 pm

hellow!!!!!!!! IM the DREAD 666. iv been a fan of manga ever since i first saw it... so... i hav a few questions 4 shawn... how do u get ur animations to be soo frikin awesome!!!! :shock: .......... i envy ur talents

Postby dread 666 » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:hellow!!!!!!!! IM the DREAD 666. iv been a fan of manga ever since i first saw it... so... i hav a few questions 4 shawn... how do u get ur animations to be soo frikin awesome!!!! :shock: .......... i envy ur talents

:oops: (srry forgot to log in lol...) :oops:
dread 666
Nether Seed

Location: im a visiter from space... so dont mind me...im just here....kind of..

Postby Shawn the Touched » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:47 pm

Well, I don't know how to answer such a compliment, but I appreciate the sentiment. ^^
Shawn the Touched
Animator

well.. wut program

Postby dread 666 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:10 am

i was just wondering... wut program u use to get your animations so...umm... how can i put this.......... :P

how do u get them to be "perfect" compared to other animations?
i was wondering this because its not like u use a standered flash maker thing....

if u do...do u some how save pictures and paste them over the curent animiations?
dread 666
Nether Seed

Location: im a visiter from space... so dont mind me...im just here....kind of..

Postby Shawn the Touched » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:36 am

The animations you see on Newgrounds and for Kern, yes, I used the standard Flash MX (6) -- no extras, no other software (except for the sound, of course). I've explained this in several other places on this forum.

I think probably the difference you're seeing is that I very rarely use motion tweens for characters. I don't know what you mean by your last sentence there.
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Postby starburst98 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:54 am

that reminds me of this"the tween motion"
starburst98
Vel'akar

Postby Wizard_of_Shnoz » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:13 am

:shock: Must use tween motions.....
Wizard_of_Shnoz
Summoner

Postby Shawn the Touched » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:16 pm

starburst98 wrote:that reminds me of this"the tween motion"

That's pretty funny. I hadn't seen that before, but I agree with the artist's sentiments. The abuse of motion tweening is why Flash animation has such low expectations from the audience, when in fact is is completely possible to do traditional cel animation in Flash, and some artists more talented than me indeed do so.
Shawn the Touched
Animator

Postby dread 666 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:35 pm

i meant....uhhh.... did u save a previous picture, then your stared another picture on ur flash... then your flash went back to the first pictur...when you did this.. did u repost the saved picture then continued the flash???

:shock: god im still envying your talents.... *sweatdrop*
dread 666
Nether Seed

Postby Wizard_of_Shnoz » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:03 am

Jealously begets hatred my freind, lets keep those emotions in check shall we. 8)
Wizard_of_Shnoz
Summoner

Postby dread 666 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:54 pm

................... :evil: .......i hate u shawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 :evil:

my envy has manifseted into hate :evil: :evil: :twisted: :evil:

just kidding.............lol
dread 666
Nether Seed

PreviousNext

Return to White Radish chat