Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel: Secret Passage of The Beldrobbaens (Private)

Postby grfu » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:43 pm

Kyore shrugged and started down the path toward the drider city. He could rest when they got there . . . whereever they were going.

"I must agree with the Lady Innelda. I would rather be as far away from Chel as possible right now. No offense my ladies, it's a beautiful city, even more beautiful than my home of Raveran, but there's just one thing that chafes."

He knew he didn't really have to explain what chafes. They knew what they were running from.

He kept a close eye on Delena. She seemed to be taking the lead, which was just as well. He had heard about the Guardian spiders of the Beldrobbaens. He had seen a few himself at Orthorbbae.

"I bet you're both wondering about all this, about how I could get on the wrong side of a nether summoner."

He was more than willing to tell. It was an amusing story in retrospect.
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Miburo » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:11 pm

They were right, Masendriea hadn't expected them to rest but it just seemed common courtesy so propose it. Delena was now running over the ceiling of the tunnel, being a bit of a clown. When a guardian spider relaxes it's most likely safe to let your guard down.

"It's no great achievement to get on the bad side to a Vloz'ress. It is quite special that she keeps on chasing you, most of theml have a short attention span is it doesn't involve their clan or demons in any shape or form."
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Krystle_dream » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:14 am

Innelda emitted a rude snort.

"Lady Masendriea-you've seen nether summoning techiques in action...so you know that a summoner needs consentration. Franky, if there's a nether summoner on our ass, I'd be worried. No matter how Vel'V'loz'ress seem like a bunch of crazies, nether summoners are so sane that they're insane. Very dangerous."

Her eyes glittered. It didn't seem like she found the idea of fighting a nether summoner all that bad. Then again..she was a Vel'Sharen. They liked all kinds of power.

"So, how did you get on the wrong side of one, Kyore?"

She sent one of the lightballs ahead-it almost appeared she was playing 'catch the light' with the guardian spider.
Where do you go when you're gone...
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby grfu » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:35 am

Kyore knew they would likely find out eventually, so he told his tale.

"It was about six or seven years ago. I had been wandering the underworld for the better part of ten years, learning about other cultures and praticing my craft. I met Uul'Shiana in on of the outlying drow communities. She had taken up residence there to study daemonology without the distractions that other members of her clan provided. We met in the tavern. I had been playing a gig there, and she liked my music. She called me over for conversation. At first I was nervous, but when she removed her mask, it seemed to be love at first sight for both of us. We began seeing each other often. Then we starting living together. It was an interesting life, she would spend much of the day studying daemons, while I practiced and prepared meals for her. On occasion, she tried her hand at cooking, but it usually resulted in an unidentifiable mass and both of us laughing uncontrollably."

He chuckled a bit at the memory. Uul'Shiana never did learn how to cook.

"One thing that always puzzled me through it all was that she never tried to taint me. She asked, but I naturally refused. She never pressed the issue."

One would be able to see the sadness in his eyes as he continued the story.

"We had been living together for about a year when my need to move on struck. I am Ilhar'dro. It is natural for us to keep moving, explore, experience new things. That life could no longer satisfy my thirst for adventure. I had to move on, or I would rot in that backwater town. I thought she would understand, so I went and made a very big mistake. I woke up very early one morning, while she still slept. I left a parting note on the bed we shared, gave one last kiss, and left. In retrospect, I likely should have put more effort into convinving her to let me leave."

"She hounded me for months, but I was always just one step ahead of her. She chased me all the way back to Raveran. It ended in a mad dash to the gate of the Ilhar'dro fortress with her right on my heels. We had to bribe her to not try to kill me and leave me in peace. I had a feeling that she was holding a grudge. It was heart-wrenching, watching her walk away, but I had a feeling we would meet again."

"That is one reason why we could not go to the templars. The templars would have killed her. I can't let that happen because . . . because I still love her."

He gave a resigned sigh.

"I suppose this sounds very silly, doesn't it?"
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:36 am

The first part of Kyores' story felt like a fairytale, a cute and sweet lovestory like in the books and songs. Unfortunatly Masendriea was too old to still believe in fairy tales. Both of them had been foolish, putting way too much emotion into a relationship, especially an inter-clan relationship, godess knows how fragile those are.

Yet it was the mother inside of her that spoke out "A grave misinterpretation, that is all. When both partners aren't on common ground about their feelings, someone is bound to get hurt, emotionally hurt I mean."
She still wonderd how smart it was of him to let that Nethersummoner live. Someone who is able to hold a grudge like that is a dangerous enemy in a race that can live for eternities.

"Do you have any idea how long you are going to stay in the drider hive? I mean, you don't seem to have any possesions with you. I'm not really sure how far the hospitality of the driders is going to get you."
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby grfu » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:58 pm

Kyore shrugs and indicates his guitar case.

"Those ten years I spent wandering the Underworld were paid for with this. Despite my obvious limitations, I am a good player. Even driders appreciate music."

He lets out another resigned sigh.

"To be terribly honest, I hope we actually make it to the Drider Hive. Uul'Shiana is likely right on our tail. Borakna can lead her right to us. Let's just say he is a very talented tracker."

((I will post Uul'Shiana's actions after my meeting.))
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Krystle_dream » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:07 pm

Innelda remained silent throughout the story. Not smart, but it was a Vel"V'Loz'ress and a male they were talking about..they weren't supposed to act smart.

The only part of the tale that struck her was the talk of tainting. She was sorely reminded of Vlen'diri...taken from her twice due to the result of nether summoning.

"I can tell you why she didn't taint you." Her eyes flashed, but she kept her voice quiet. Almost dangerously quiet, as she kept her temper in check.

"She didn't taint you because she loved you and respected your decision. It's the best thing she could have given you. Now if you will excuse me..."

Fingering her katana, she walked ahead of the two drow, keeping her eyes ahead. She refused to let herself get upset in front of these two just because she was reminded of her dead lover.
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby grfu » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:11 pm

Kyore followed Innelda in silence. She was quite serious. He opted not to ask her about it. It was safer that way.

. . . Meanwhile, near the tunnel entrance.

Borakna sniffed the air, then the tracks on the cavern floor.

"They came this way, My Lady." sniff, "Both Kyore and the Beldrobbaen."

Uul'Shiana inspected the wall in front of them and found the spider symbol on the wall.

"Beldrobbaens!"

She punched the wall, activating the entrance to the secret tunnel.

"Interesting."

She motioned for both the scourge and the berserker to follow. After a few steps, Borakna stopped and sniffed the ground.

"They were joined by another, My Lady, a noble, most likely female." sniff, "A Sharen."

Uul'Shiana rubbed her chin under her mask contemplatively.

"What would a Sharen be doing helping Kyore and this Beldrobbaen hag?"

It was quite puzzling, but it got her no where closer to catching Kyore. She wasn't certain what she was going to do when she caught him. Half of her wanted to feed him to a daemon, while the other half wanted just to feel his warm embrace once more. Growling, she stalked off in the direction Borakna indicated.

. . . Back with Kyore

Kyore felt a chill run down his spine.

"I have a feeling that we are being followed, closely. We should pick up the pace."

He emphasizes his point by walking more quickly.
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:33 am

Kyore mught be right, Delena had started to walk closer to the group. Masendriea tired to listen if she could hear anything out of the ordinary but in an abandoned tunnel their won footsteps seemed to overpower any other noise. If she was going to pay attention to every unexpected sound her mind was going to play tricks on her, not something they need right now.

How far was that hive again? it has been years since she last came here and she certainly was in a better physical condition then she is now. Yet she wasn't going to lose face in front of these young nobles, just to show them that even when they get to her age, they would still be capable of anything thay wanted.

Those proud words sounded great in her mind but it was still clear, now that Kyore walked faster, that Masendriea was slowly falling behind. She managed to catch up in short bursts but it was hard to keep that speed constantly.
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Krystle_dream » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:07 pm

Innelda was already walking quickly when when Kyore recommended to pick up the pace. She mentally shrugged at that; if he wanted to go faster, so much the better. Using her energy like this made her feel calmer anyway.

Though, she still used this as an excuse to gather cold air about herself. Besides, it was too dratted hot in the tunnel.

She glanced back to see how everyone was reacting to it-and softly cursed. The ambassor must have gotten soft in all of her years.

"Sharess-Kyore slow down. Lady Masendriea is falling behind..and we don't want that." She had actually stopped when she spoke, though her body was still turned towards the tunnels still farther ahead.

Even if she snapped that out as an order, Innelda seemed to be acting...generous.
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby grfu » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:16 pm

Kyore heard Innelda well and had noticed that Masendriea was having trouble keeping up. He should have taken that into account. He slows up, walking at an easy pace.

"Sorry, I get those feelings sometimes, a feeling of impending doom if you know what I mean."

. . . Speaking of Impending Doom, Meanwhile

"They were here not long ago, Mistress."

Uul'Shiana allowed herself to widen her senses to detect his aura.

"I can feel him. He is close. There are two others with him, but they do not matter. Both of you stay here. I will handle this personally."

Uul'shiana stalked down the tunnel like a hunting cat, stalking her prey. She came very close, her subordinates a fair distance behind. She decided to use a deceptive approach, to lure him into her clutches. She gently called out to him.

"Kyore. Kyore."

. . . Back with the others

Kyore heard her call his name, and it sent chills down his spine. She reminded him of something he had heard from a surfacer. These legendary women called sirens, who lured ships of men to their island only to crash on the rocks. He didn't know what a ship was, or an island, but he was fairly certain the experience wasn't pleasant. He suddenly stopped, unslinging his guitar case.

"You two go on. I'll catch up."

He got his guitar out and began tuning it. This would certainly be interesting.
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:23 pm

Masendriea felt terrible, she should have just gone back to the city after they had caught up with Innelda. She had seemed to know the way too. Masendriea had caught up with the group now when Kyore's attention seemed to shift.

When he started to unpack his guitar, it was clear that he was going to try some spellsong, but why or what she was unsure about. Could music blurr out their tracks? Masendriea doubted this seriously but she respected his wishes and started to move ahead and give his some space.

With a low chittering she asked Delena to stay behind her a bit and keep an eye and ear on the spellsinger while staying out of sight. She looked at Innelda "My sincerest apologies, we must be quite a nuisance, making your business here a lot more complicated."
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Krystle_dream » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:52 pm

Innelda slowly grinned. So the nether summoner was coming, was she? Maybe with some back up. She singilled Msendreia to stop, at the same time as she walked in front of Kyore.

"Oh, not at all, my lady~I haven't had this much fun since we were killing driders. Or, that is to say, I haven't had the fun...yet." She sent a cold blast of air Uul'shiana's way and grinned again.

"The woman is likely bring out the demons. You sure you can face that alone, Kyore?"
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby grfu » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:09 pm

Kyore turned for a moment, still tuning his guitar.

"I wouldn't do that. If you use magic, you'll only make her angry. Well . . . angrier than she already is."

He flashed a roguish grin and winked.

"Trust me. I've faced worse."

He stood, and began strumming the chords.

"You had better get moving. This could get messy."

He began playing a haunting tune. It was calming. He calls out to Uul'Shiana.

"I am coming Shi Shi. Tell me, do you remember this song?"

Uul'Shiana answered.

"How could I forget? It was the song you played the night we met. I remember, I was just about to kill you, just like right now . . ."

Their voices fade as Kyore advances, still playing, and Innelda and Masendriea continue on their way. No matter how far away the two ladies move, they can still hear Kyore's playing.
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Krystle_dream » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:20 pm

...Shi Shi? Ugh. The nickname for the nether summoner left a sour taste in her mouth. At least Innelda's nickname for Vlen'diri-Fuer'yon-had some meaning.

"Sounds like he's going to try to charm himself out of his death..." She batted at an ear as she felt the songs influence settle over her limbs. Her muscles were already starting to lax from the sound.

"Damn spellsingers. I hate feeling that influence."

She turned down the tunnel, sprending the balls of light until they surronded the two nobles in a circle. At least this way they'd have plenthy of light-enough for Kyore to track them down by sight.

"But this wil give us time to catch up without songboy overhearing..don't you think Masendreia?"
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive