Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel: Secret Passage of The Beldrobbaens (Private)

Chel: Secret Passage of The Beldrobbaens (Private)

Postby grfu » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:49 pm

It was completely dark, even with Infravision it was difficult to see anything. These tunnels were a Beldrobbaen creation, for moving driders out of the city. It connected to the little known path to the Drider City. It was safe . . . for now.

Kyore notices that Masendriea has fallen. He kneels to help her up, offering his metal hand.

"Are you alright?" He spoke in whispers, low whispers that only a drow could hear.

"I should not have dragged you into this. It's my fault."

He listens intently. Uul'Shiana seems to have given up the chase . . . for now. She would be back, but not without he entourage. He shuddered, thinking about Hileana, the scourge, and Borakna, her berserker tracker. It was Borakna who had kept her on his trail in the first place and likely alerted her to Kyore's presence in the city.

"I think she is gone for the time being. I cannot go to my clan for help in this matter. They have helped me enough already."

He glanced around again.

"Do you think we are really safe on this path? Does anyone else know about these tunnels?"

((KD, I am giving you the opportunity to make a surprise entrance just this once from a secret door or something to that affect. I have set things up, time to knock them down.))
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Krystle_dream » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:02 pm

Just at the words slipped past Kyore's lips, part of the tunnel wall shifted. Then it disappeared, leavign a wide gaping hole, yawning into what seemed to be a void...that is, until the sound of hurried footsteps echoed down the tunnel.

Innelda, dressed modestly for once, burst through the hole, glancing around. And for once, when she saw the male and female drow, her expression became that of surprise. She had completly expected to find this passagway empty-that was the reason she had used this place, and not brought her dragon mount. She wasn't planning on coming upon two people in which she knew the names and faces of.

Especially the old ambassor. Her eyes narrowed slightly; she remembered their last encounter well.

What was she going to do? Sharess and demons.

"Lady Masendriea...Kyore. A pleasure."

What exactly was so pleasurable about it, even she was unsure of.
Where do you go when you're gone...
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Miburo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:50 am

Sma damn hole was there a century ago too, at least that made sure they were in the right tunnel. "Thank you for your concern I'm fine." After Kyore had helped her up she brushed the mold from her robe and looked around a bit more.

After Kyore had made sure that his ex had stopped following them the walls had moved, Masendriea worried that Uul'Shiana might have had found them. A more familiar face appeard. It had been a while since she had last seen Innelda Velsharen and they hadn't parted in the best of circumstances.

"Lady Innelda, it's been a while." She looked over at Kyore who also seemed to recognize Innelda. "What brings you here?"
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby grfu » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:55 am

Kyore glances at Innelda and then to Masendriea.

"I take it you two know each other."

. . . Meanwhile, at the Vloz'ress fortress.

"I WANT HIM! I WANT HIM NOW, AND I WANT HIM ALIVE!"

Uul'shiana was tearing apart the appartments in the fortress. They were the finer guest apartments, but nether summoners were always unpreditable. Breaking furniture were the least of their worries when a nether summoner was in a rage. She had finally caught up with Kyore, and he slipped through her fingers again, this time with some old hag of Beldrobbaen.

"My lady, perhaps we should simply allow him to leave. He seems to be a waste of time."

"SILENCE HILEANA! I'll have him back, make no mistake."

Hileana cowered from her mistress. She didn't understand that some part of Uul'shiana wanted Kyore back and still loved him. She would not rest until she found him and made him apologize.

"BORAKNA."

The berserker grunted. "Yes mistress."

"Find him for me, Borakna. Find him."
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:25 pm

"Long story" Masendriea sighed, who didn't really like to recall it "Innelda and I were part of a group asked to retrieve a ... an artifact" She left out the boy, Vr'ace, the reason she hated remembering the whole event. She shrugged and continued "Eventualy it turned out to be a wild goose chase. Everyone went hir or her own way after we arrived in Raveran."

She looked back at Kyore and then back to Innelda. "You two seem to be acquainted too..."
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Krystle_dream » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:19 pm

"Indeed. But it's more knowing of each other, my lady. He knows me through my teaching capabilites. Not through the means of which we know each other."

She inhiled her head, as the door shifted back. No going back now. With a silent futile curse about that, she decided this was a good time to bring out a ball of light. She wanted to se their expressions better, not just their heated forms and voices.

"There is..something I need to take back from that city." She hated saying that. It made her sound like someones pet, or worse, somone who couldn't keep track of their things.

"I have an agreement with some people there. And I take you two are not on a pleasure visit..?"
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby grfu » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:49 pm

Kyore eyed Innelda cautiously. She was a Vel'Sharen. She might alert Uul'Shiana. Then again, she might not. Either way, there was nothing he could do about it now.

"It's a very long story, and I don't think we have time to explain it. Uul'Shiana might have already gotten Borakna on our trail."

"Lady Masendriea, can you walk well enough?"
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:52 pm

Masendriea waves Kyore's concern away. "I'm alright please don't worry about me." She peered into the distance it now was a lot more clear now Innelda had created a lightsource.

"This tunnel is a natural one, it was used to get to the drider city before the roads were build. Only the oldest of clans still know of it's existance and even then I assume the younger generation don't even know about tt anymore." She smiled at Innelda, she was impressed that she knew the tunnel and even had a personal passage into it.

"I wouldn't be a bad idea to go in group, the driders aren't really aware that we are coming. Who knows how they might react especially if we take this road, bypassing most of their guards. Can't blame them for thinking it a bit suspicious."
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Krystle_dream » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:12 pm

Uul'Shiana? Must be some noble not of the spellsingers or the spider lovers clan. Why else would they be running from the unknown woman?

She bowed her head at Masendriea at the flattery. Perhaps the older drow wanted to make sure she stayed sweet. True, she did have a temper, but she didn't just charge in with katana swinging.

"Most don't know of this, lady Masendriea. That's what made me decide to use this in the first place...being a historian has its uses." She smiled suddenly, more baring her teeth then an actual grin.

"And I agree. It would be best for all of us to stick together; our...nobility combined could make them pause for a moment or two. At least long enough for us to get a word in."

She turned, creating more balls of light as she did so.

"Oh and..lady Masendriea? I don't bear a grudge againest you."
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby grfu » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:51 am

Kyore could feel the tension in the tunnel. He began to wonder if he was not better off in Uul'Shiana's hands. At least then he would know exactly what she was going to do to him. He made a poor attempt at being cheerful.

"Right, we're all friends then, and as friends, we should be moving."

He started down the tunnel, keeping an eye on Masendriea and Innelda, should they point out that he was going the wrong way. He wasn't sure where he was going, and he did not really care, as long as it was away from Uul'Shiana.

As they continued down the tunnel, Kyore unconciously tripped the mechanism to allow his wristblade to extend. *sssshing* He wasn't sure what awaited him in the tunnel, but he was ready to face it.

. . . Meanwhile at the Vloz'ress fortress

"But my lady, we need to get supplies. We don't even know where he's headed."

Uul'Shiana fixed Hileana with a firery glare.

"You can eat mushrooms for all I care. We are going to find him, and we are leaving NOW!"

Borakna stood in silence. He knew better than to talk back to Uul'Shiana. He could take her in a fight, that was certain, but Uul'Shiana had saved his life twice. He wasn't about to shatter their friendship. He was curious about Kyore as well. He liked the young musician, but in a way, hated him as well. He liked him because he was a fine lad and very likeable person. He hated him because he had caught the eye of Uul'Shiana. Borakna did not think of himself as jealous, but in a way he was.

"Borakna, can you find him for me?"

"Yes mistress. All you have to do is take me to where you last saw him. I can track him from there."

He briefly considered leading them astray, but that would not do. It was one thing to be jealous, but entirely another to risk the wrath of Uul'Shiana.
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo » Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:23 pm

Masendriea followed behind Kyore, she had responded to Innelda with a small nod and smile. She didn't want past events to interfere with current happenings, something she had tried to do in her jod as wellas well as her private life now.

Her eyes had adapted to the darkness a bit better, all looked and sounded pretty quiet now. The silence was broken by the retractable blade sliding out.
"I don't think we are being followed at the moment and it might take a while before we reach any life on the other end of the tunnel. I doubt the driders still patrol it after so many years."
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Krystle_dream » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:52 pm

She snorted a little. Friends? Not quite. It took a long time for anyone to become her friend. She was a Vel'Sharen after all. Still silent expecting for the sound of her boots on the cavern floor. And if he brought out a blade..Innleda grinned. It sounded like they were going to have an exciting time.

"I doubt it as well. Likely, the biggest thing we find..well, we'll be able to make it into part of a meal and quick."

She rubbed the handle of her katana, still grinning a little.

"So this means we have plenthy of time to talk, hm?"
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby grfu » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:04 pm

Kyore allowed his blade to retract back into his arm. He needed to relax, but it was hard to relax when your one greatest fear has recently shown up and nearly killed you.

"Driders? I've heard rumors about a drider colony, but I thought it was just that, rumors. Yes, there's now way she could find me there. She wouldn't go near the driders. She's a little afraid of them, slightly arachnaphobic if you get my drift."

Kyore really had no idea where he was going, so he motions for someone else to take the lead.

"If you don't mind, I have no idea where I'm going. You both likely know the way, so I will concede leadership to you."
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:50 pm

"nonono" Masendriea shook her head "The drider society is very real. A haven created after the hunt against them began. It's a mystery how they managed to reproduce but from what I heard their birthrate is terribly slow. That's why they still hide away."

She bit her lip a little "There might ofcourse be a bit of a problem, I'm not sure they like company very much. I'll so my best to concine them to let you stay there for a while but you never know."

One thing was still a big guess, if they refused to let Kyore stay there would they trust him enough to keep the location of the hive a secret. Masendriea's guardian spider Delena had taken the role of leader and scittered in front of the group but came to a halt when the road split in two directions.

A gust of warm air gave away the locatin they were. "That branch end up in the middle of the rift, a nice space if you want to rest for a while but the drider city is that way."
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Krystle_dream » Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:15 pm

"Indeed."

Innelda had seen the spider move around before during the trip to the Raveran, but not on the cavern floor. It really was quite something to watch, out of the respect for history of the spider lover clan-for the first few mintues. Since it didn't do anything specially different from other spiders, the novelty soon wore off.

"It's pleasant to sit by when one needs to rest, but if I recall correctly..we don't have time for such nicetices."
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive