Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Drider Hive: Wu'suul markets.

Postby BlueDragoness » Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:02 pm

Imsen looked up, continuing her climb. "I never did climb much, it's still slightly new to me, especially vertical ascents." She stated simply, but made an effort to be a tad bit faster than before.

((Last post for about a month...))
Well what do you know...it CAN be set on fire! ~Daniel Ti'Fiona
BlueDragoness
Tainted

Postby Big P » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:06 pm

The waelinder nodded his understanding and approached Imsen with an extended hand. His seven eyes betrayed a willingness to help her but only if she wished it.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby BlueDragoness » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:15 am

Imsen's lilac eyes glanced up at the semi-sudden cease of movement, and smiled slightly at the offered hand. Switching hands on her bag, she reached up her now free hand to grasp not his hand, but his wrist in hopes of a better hold. She still lent foward slightly, the hand now carrying the bag grazing against the wall often. She tried not to use the kind support too much, but it gave her an added confidence which showed in her renewed climb.
BlueDragoness
Tainted

Postby Big P » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:38 am

The waelinder was mildly suprised when a slight grin crossed his features. He didn't smile often. The faern actually found himself trying to recall the last time he had as she helped the nekal'saider. His plate armor clinked lightly as the two of them moved slowly upwards.

"You will gain the hang of it soon enough," he reassured her as she gained her bearings. "It comes naturally to our kind."
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby BlueDragoness » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:25 pm

"That's nice to know..." Imsen said, concentrating too hard on not falling to possible doom to notice his smile. Looking up at him, she asked, "Do you know if many driders at the Markets take apprentices?"
BlueDragoness
Tainted

Postby Big P » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:37 am

"One thing you will realize," explained the tainted. "Is that here in the Hive families control the differant aspects of society."

"My master Ushdu's family consists of all the cities' faerns, who are trained magic users," he continued as he kept an eye on Imsen's progress upwards. "Ylwa's family rules the markets."

"While there are some exceptions to the rule," he said as he extended his bladed limbs upward. "The majority of driders working in these various areas are all of common blood."
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby BlueDragoness » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:34 pm

Imsen was ascending faster now, nature kicking in after 20 long years of disuse. She still kept a firm grip on the faern's wrist. Her voice, however, was filled with defeat. "So there is practically no way that I'll be able to be a merchant?"
BlueDragoness
Tainted

Postby Big P » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:16 pm

"I could attempt to pull some strings," said the waelinder. "But I wouldn't hold out on a favorable outcome."

Isto's own speed upwards was increasing at a pace to match the accompanying nekal'saider's and he was pleased to see her natual instincts take over. He kept his torso turned at an angle so as to allow the young drider a comfortable grip.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby BlueDragoness » Fri Aug 04, 2006 7:50 pm

Imsen didn't even realize that it was much easier to climb now. She was too busy thinking. "Well that kind of makes things harder...since I don't really belong to a family. Do you know of any area of work that isn't run by drider families? You said most so..." Imsen said, leaving her sentence hanging, hope in her voice once again.
BlueDragoness
Tainted

Postby Big P » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:20 pm

Isto'uss thought for a moment as his keen legs continued upward. There really wasn't any kind of work she could get into without being accepted into one of the drider families within the Hive. Unless... He looked the young nekal'saider over in appraisal.

"What do you know of magic?" he asked simply.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby BlueDragoness » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:45 pm

"Not much. It's fascinating though." Imsen said, her face lighting up slightly. "Father said that it was evil, but a drow that I met when I was younger said that it could be used for either good or bad. It makes sense...it all depends on the person using it, right? Why do you ask?"
BlueDragoness
Tainted

Postby Big P » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:06 am

Isto'uss simply extended his off hand and willed a pillar of flame a foot high into existence. The flame itself seemed to literally dance and it slowly took the form of a lithe female figure.

"Magic," said the tainted Waelinder as he continued upwards. "Is simply magic. And this drow you spoke of is right. It is not the magic that makes the wielder, it is the wielder that makes the magic"

He then dismissed the flame invocation, the figure dissapearing into a curling wisp of smoke.

"The reason I ask is because I am more or less part of Ushdu's family," he explained. "And I may be able to see that you become trained as a faern. But only if you are willing however."
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby BlueDragoness » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:22 am

Imsen's legs seemed to stick to the rock as her body pretty much refused to move. The flame danced in her seven wide eyes, which currently took up most of her forehead. As the flame disappearred, her eyes slowly traced over to the Waelinider.
"How did you do that?"
She might have asked the question, but truly what she was thinking was 'How can I do that?'
BlueDragoness
Tainted

Postby Big P » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:30 am

The waelinder's eyes narrowed in amusement and Isto grinned once more.

"I'll take that as a yes," he said.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby BlueDragoness » Sat Aug 05, 2006 12:29 pm

"No, really. How did you do that?" Imsen gently dislodged her grip from him, regarding him in a new light. It was as though she had never seen him before, and was once again slightly wary of him. "I thought that only full drow could cast magic...are you a waelinider? That would make sense then..."
BlueDragoness
Tainted

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive