Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Menvis d' chath lu' su'aco (Trail to the Drider Hive)

Postby Big P » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:28 am

Isto'uss and some of the other faerns fanned out into the tree-like mushrooms that rose from the cavern floor, keeping within each other's vision. The waelinder couldn't feel the presence of the summoner yet, but he imagined he would soon. The tainted had a way of standing out in places such as this.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby kembaru » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:34 am

Ushduin moved with haste through the fungi and moss, he didn't care to keep quiet, he just cared to keep out of line of sight, in fact he was being quite noisy when it got down to it, now and then when a large mushroom just got in his way he would swing his axe around and cleave it in one clean swipe.

"If they chase after us then Zezhuan and the others can drop down behind them, once we get to the tunnel I want you all to hold them off while I redirect the rift." Ushduin said still moving at a flat run.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Big P » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:50 am

Isto'uss was by no means keeping stealthy. The tainted waelinder slashed the occasional mushroom in his path down and strode hastily nearly side-by-side with the Elder.

"Very well then," he responded.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby grfu » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:19 pm

Uul'Shiana was now looking directly in the direction of Isto'uss, her eyes glowing red behind her daemonic mask.

"I know you are there. Come out and face me. I wish to speak with you. It is a very important matter, a matter of lost property."

She was battle ready, as was Borokna and Hileana. However, the half a dozen mercenaries she had brought were seated in a circle, playing a game of dice involving five dice and a cup each.

"Four fours . . ."

"Five fours . . ."

The other three with the group included Borokna's brother Faron, a soulseeker. The other two were scourges. Faron was leaning against a stalagmite, seemingly relaxed, while the scourges watched the dice game, betting on who would win.
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Big P » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:41 am

Isto'uss simply continued moving. His eyes flashed red as he looked in the direction of the summoner and he could feel his seeds' presence keenly. Bearing his teeth and beating it back angrily, he continued to move hastily through the tall, capped fungi.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby kembaru » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:44 am

looking in the direction of the driders, all she would see would be tall mushrooms, but she would hear a din as they all went off towards the tunnel. If she wanted to speak with them then she'd have to go after them, if she wanted to use some nether summoning, fine, they were all already tainted and thus immune, but that didn't stop everything...

"Shields." Ushduin hissed as another mushroom fell to his axe and his body became encased in a shell of solid mana.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Big P » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:14 pm

Isto'uss continued to move through the capped fungi relatively unhindered and with good speed. He would save his own shield enchantments for when the battle was joined. As he wove and slashed forward, he mercilessly beat at the seed that harbored itself within him. He'd have destroyed it if he could.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby grfu » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:50 pm

"My lady, they are moving away from us. Shall we pursue?"

Uul'Shiana could sense them, tainted and few of them.

"No, they are likely only a diversion to draw us off and then surround us. We will remain here. If they will not speak with us, we shall hold our position until they are more willing. Foolhardy pursuit will gain us nothing."
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby kembaru » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:29 pm

"They do not wish to follow? Fine..." Ushduin said, slowing his pace a little, and now going aound mushrooms rather than leaving a messy and obvious trail of destruction, the cavern walls were near now so it didn't matter too much anyway.

"Isto'uss, you and half the faern guard the entrance whilst we fix this breach in security." he said, stepping into the tunnel that was still guarded by three of the militia beastmasters, watching over the streekaider that lounged about outside the tunnel.

A short while later one of the faerns re-emerged from the tunnel long enough to blast a boulder down from the cavern cieling so that it could be used to block up the last portion of the tunnel and wards were set up, the tunnel was not a problem anymore...

"Now we just have to wipe out these invaders." Ushduin said, he hadn't even broken a sweat.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby grfu » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:57 pm

The crashing of the boulders certainly drew the attention of the Vloz'ress party.

"Obviously they want a fight. We will not give them the self-satisfaction of taking our heads. We will withdraw. Speak of this to no one, or I will given you to Kharla'ggen myself. I'm sorry Kyore, my love, but you will have to get yourself out of this one."

Faron had been in these tunnels before as part of a Vloz'ress hunting party.

"My lady, I recognize this cavern. The way we came may be blocked, but there is still the path through the rift if you are willing to take it."

Uul'Shiana considered this alternative.

"Very well. Borokna, Faron, take point with Hileana. Mercenaries will cover the rear with the two scourges. Let's move, people."

The party made their way in the direction of the Rift in an attempt to abandon this seemingly hopeless quest.

((I have further plans for this cast. I would prefer if they lived. the named ones at least. the nameless are more than capable of dying. in fact I would encourage it.))
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Big P » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:38 am

Isto'uss had held his position and was currently next to Ushduin in a formation meant to split the Vloz'ress forces and dispense them quickly. The group encountered the Vloz in a differant place then before, heading intothe rift pass.

Wasting no time, Isto'uss blasted one of the straggling mercenaries with a stroke of lightning, killing him instantly.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby kembaru » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:49 am

The driders didn't take too long to catch up, they knew this cavern and they knew it better than the Vloz'ress who hadn't been here much, the faern circled around and caught this Vloz'ress force just where the mushroom fields met the vast stone flats of the rift area.

The air was hot as the faern caught up to them, many unleashing a volley of simple mana projectiles upon the mercenaries and assorted Vloz'ress scum, Ushduin however was always the showman in these cases, he took a while to cast his spells, there was heat here, there was air, there was... metal.

Magically infusing these three things one of the mercenaries died as his armor exploded off of him, shrapnel from this killing him instantly however a few more were cut as flying chunks of jagged and superheated metal scythed through the air, Ushduin was a master of the high arts, metal magic was well within his sphere of power.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Big P » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:58 am

Isto'uss added some extra heat to the conflict and blasted another mercenary with a burst of flame, superheating the man's armor and roasting him alive. His screams where loud, but they only added to the cacophany that was echoing through the cavern.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby kembaru » Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:50 pm

((And to speed through this...))

The onslaught from the faern persisted much along the path to the rift, the VLoz'ress party would take heavy casualties, many being blown apart, and more still falling into the rift as the path of wind and fire lived up to its name.

Ushduin at the end of it cursed and proceeded to work still more magic to reshape the entire labynthine honeycomb network of caves so that this Vloz'ress group could not come back with reinforcements.

"Good job. Let's go home" He said bitterly, heading back towards the cool air of the lake.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Big P » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:00 am

Having lit up and incinerated many opponents and rending a few that he chased down in the confusion, Isto'uss was ready to call it a day as well.

Inclining his head in agreement, the waelinder followed Ushduin back to the route leading to the Hive.
Big P
Vel'akar

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive