Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Menvis d' chath lu' su'aco (Trail to the Drider Hive)

Postby kembaru » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:03 pm

The Streekaider closed in quickly, apparently words didn't mean too much to them, it was the part where they struck, but then normally streekaider wouldn't merely mob someone and grab them, usually their attacks involved more claws and biting, these ones were just grabbing on to whatever limb they could get to, climbing over each other, the reason why?

If any of the three gathered were observant they would note about six other driders, each one carrying a long, thin staff that ended in a metal hook, they just stared at the streekaider mob and chatted amongst themselves.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Krystle_dream » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:17 am

At this display, Innelda simply grolwed and started to release her sorcery. Frost started to coat the floor, much to the dislike of the bare legged people around her.

"I hate these tests. I really...really hate these tests." Oddly even, even with your talent 'warming up' she had not made one agressive move. In fact, other then folding her arms, she had not moved at all.
Where do you go when you're gone...
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby grfu » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:19 am

Kyore made no effort to resist. He made note of the driders behind the streekaider and the fact that the streekaider were not being particularly violent. He spoke reassuringly to his comrades.

"Do not struggle. All will be well."
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby kembaru » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:01 am

Kyore would find that he was right, as he more or less surrendered he would find himself brought away from the others in the group and held in place by three of the streekaider, whilst a third went ahead and did the fairly impressively complex task of frisking him, his guitar and one by one his throwing knives were taken and placed rather roughly on the ground in front of the six driders, or five as there were now.

There were five because the six had a brief exchange.

"There's frost." Said one.

"Never get frost here, too close to the rift." Said a second, looking over them, the male had given up, and the first woman looked rather too nervous, which left the other who stood there looking rather annoyed.

"Ice sorceress." Said a third as Innelda would find her sorcery dispelled with the sort of ease that comes about when four driders dispel it at once.

"She's got red eyes..." Said the second once more, "Like the Vloz'ress hunters..." this one spat as she said the word.

The first gave a snort and gave a long stream of loud chittering commands, Masendriea might recognise it as the language of spiders, but it was highly bastardised and not clear, however the general idea of the message would get through, something about permission to feed.

Kyore was pulled closer after the command was issued and a polearm was positioned under his chin, the hook on the end was made of bone, but it was very sharp as he would understand when he would feel a telltale warm trickle run down his neck as it pierced the skin of his chin.

"Now, we were told not to kill you, however we were never told not to hurt you. Are you going to cooperate?" This drider was a female, wearing a heavy jacket which was standard amongst the group and with short hair dyed dark purple.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Krystle_dream » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:46 pm

Her eyebrow rose as she felt her socrery dispelled, but otherwise she didn't move.She wanted to keep her temper in check and didn't want to show the others that she was aggressive.

"I'll cooperate as I came here on business. I would like to clear one thing up though:I'm no V'loz'ress. My tainting was not done with my well being in mind."
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby grfu » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:33 am

Kyore did his best to not talk too quickly, to prevent the spear from piercing his neck more than it had to.

"Ah, yes, mistress. You won't get any trouble from me."

He glanced at his pile of knives, but more importantly, his guitar. He made a pleading glance at his guitar.

"Please, please tell them to be careful with my guitar."
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby kembaru » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:40 am

At Innelda's point two of the driders, a male with iron grey hair and a female who was up untill this point absently flicking the end of her polearm looked to each other.

"Taint?" Asked the male.

"Dunno what she's talking about." Said the female as she gave an experimental swipe with her hooked weapon, the haft was extremely flexible and it gave a menacing whipping noise.

Innelda would find herself grabbed and searched, disarmed like Kyore and brought before the six as the purple haired drider shifted her polearm and gave Kyore a bop on the top of the head, stating 'The guitar is the least of your worries.' before she walked over to Innelda.

"What is your business here then?" She asked.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Krystle_dream » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:09 am

She kept the same, if stoic expression on her face even when she was grabbed in the rudest of places. Even though she hated to be touched, especially by male hands, acting as if it bothered her would have been too much of a victory for the driders. She was a Sharen for sharess sake! She had some pride. She also wasn't too stupid when she kept her temper in check.

As she folded her arms across her chest, she kept her gaze on the female who questioned her. She was the leader, no doubt about it.

"One Mic'helle Kwann'tan of the drider hive told me that he he held a copy that spoke of a naga's tribe history. I had sources that comfirmed this to be fact, so I hope to barter for the book; or at least the chance to copy it. I also understand the hive has the best silk in the underdark."
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby kembaru » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:56 am

As a matter of fact a good number of the Streekaider were female, they were driders, and admittedly they were driders for a reason, females were more worth saving than males as such there were more females saved in just the manner as would create a drider than there were males, however the purple haired woman narrowed all her eyes.

"And what do you have to barter with exactly?" She asked the most obvious question, as simply they didn't appear to be carrying anything of note that would be worth bartering a rare book for.

While the Purple haired one questioned Innelda, the male with grey hair skittered towards Kyore and looked him over, Streekaider weren't very bright, but he knew perfectly well about golems. "Remove your arm please." He stated simply, hefting his polearm to be able to deal a painful and messy strike at a moments notice.

Not far away, another drider appeared, a male in heavy plate armor that obscured all his features.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby grfu » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:34 pm

Kyore nodded in a resigned fashion. He really did not want to remove his arm. It made him feel like even more of a cripple.

"Alright, but it's not a pretty sight."

He removed his coat and rolled up his sleeve, revealing the full extent of the prosthetic. He went to work on the mechanism to release the prosthetic from the stump of his arm. After a few moments he had released it and removed the arm, revealing the grisly stump just above the elbow. The stump was heavily scarred, and there were probes extending from the flesh to transfer the motion of his muscles. He quickly allowed his sleeve to cover the wound, hiding his shame. He then offered his prosthetic to the male drider who had questioned him.

"Please be careful with it. It just had a tune-up and oiling."
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Miburo » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:01 pm

Masendriea had been keeping silent the entire time, she actually whished she could have just disapeard on the spot. Delena who was still clinging to her back was agitated but a soft hiss from her mistress made clear that she wasn't allowed to move at the moment.

It seemed like there wasn't going to be any better time to speak up then now, she just hoped she wasn't going to make anything worse.
"Excuse me" she spoke these frist words in an accentless amateuristic version of the spider language, she continued in her native tongue to avoid any misunderstandings "We apologize for intruding so far without sending a message of our arrival ahead. We had to leave our city quite fast and unexpected and are willing to cooperate in any way possible."

By the time she was done speaking she had taken out her dagger slowly so the driders could see her every move and now presented it, the blade pointed towards herself. "Please" she spoke the spider language again and bowed her head.
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Krystle_dream » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:50 pm

Innelda mentally sighed. The drider better not get the idea to strip her of her money too as a 'fee'.

"I have ada. I also Have information that any willing historican would be wanting to hear. I didn't bring the books only because I don't know what would appeal to Mic'helle. Besides, most of the information is in my mind." She tapped her temple to indicite where, then displayecd the backs of her wrists. On them, they seemed to have bright red stones sewn onto the material.

"I'm also willing to part with these."

She strifled a mental groan as Messandria held out her dagger. The fool! She might get us all killed with that stunt!
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby kembaru » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:21 am

The purple haired drider smirked, and rested a little on her polearm.

"Your stories do not match up." She said, looking over her shoulder to see the new arrival. The streekaider surrounded the small goup once more, they were outnumbered by them at least ten to one, but the purple haired woman went over to talk to the armored one before giving them an order to do anything.

One of the Streekaider made to lunge at them but a hooked polearm was swiped across its back leaving a long and deep cut, and it was reprimanded harshly by one of the tamers in the streekaider tongue.

After a short while the purple haired woman and the armored male stepped into the ring of streekaider to talk to their captives. The male spoke first.

"Tak has informed me that you are here under either business or duress. We don't have time to play games here so I will make this simple, you will tell me what has happened to bring you here, and if I am not satisfied I will take something away from you that I am certain you will miss." Beside him, the female known as Tak gave a meaningful glance towards Kyore's missing arm. The male took out his sword.

"Now, why are you here?"
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Krystle_dream » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:40 am

Innelda heavily sighed.

"I'm here on business; the other two came under duress. We know each other of old, and happened to meet up farther in the tunnels by fate. That's all."

Innelda for one didn't want to die in this fashion, so the truth seemed the best bet.
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby kembaru » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:18 am

The large male sighed and prodded Tak, who in turn gave a few chittering orders and the Streekaider closed in around Innelda slowly.

"Now, please tell me under what sort of duress."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive