Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Attention all roleplayers!

Attention all roleplayers!

Postby Xian » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:22 am

ATTENTION ALL FUTURE APPLICANTS (and the rest of you):

As far as registration is concerned, the "Weapons" entry has been changed to "Equipment," so that the GMs (and I) can get a better idea of what it is that your character typically carts around. This entry is to include all the items your character would typically carry, and is here to prevent people from whipping out a spare carpentry set or whatever when a wagon axle breaks (unless they are specifically noted as having one).

For those of you who already have approved characters, please take the time to post what equipment your character carries around on this thread. I thought about asking you to edit it into your characters, but then I'd have to sift through 20 pages of registration thread just to see who's done/got what. I apologize that this is extra work for all of you, but it really needs to be done, because it makes life easier for the GMs when they're trying to design plot obstacles and objects.

Note, this equipment includes stuff like poisons, medicines, etc, etc, and their exact effects, and I do reserve the right to nerf/reject stuff, because equipment is a part of your character. This stuff is like weaponry, so please, please, please be reasonable with it.

I'll start badgering people via PMs to get this done after about a week. Thanks, in advance, for the cooperation. I hope I don't have to bug anyone about this.
Xian
Demon

Postby kembaru » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:29 am

do we post it here or PM it to you?
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Xian » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:30 am

I'd prefer if you posted it here, because the GMs of threads (Starlit, Kite, Gelorn, Mat) need to see these things too.
Xian
Demon

Postby kembaru » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:39 am

alright, I should have read the whole thing though because it says to post it here *stupid kembaru*

Hess has:

Clothing/armor
Basic clothes, no spider silk.
A jacket with many pockets hidden about it, usually full of snack foods.

Weapons
3x Daggers
3x fire bombs

Misc
Enough ingredients and materials to make approx 5 more fire bombs.
two dragon fangs chipped out of a dragon (see road to raveran, these will be knives soon enough)
lock pick kit
matches.
Goggles

Current held ada: 42
Current savings: 300

Pets/golems: none
Last edited by kembaru on Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Miburo » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:39 am

Masendriea Beldrobbaen
Equipment: silver dirk, sharp ring (possible weapon), vial with personal bloodpressure medicine.

In the current quest she's on a spare set of clothes and some food might pop up but other then that nothing more.
Did I do it right?
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Xian » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:55 am

Just fine. I'm about to die from sleep deprivation, so I'll post Lanthus' and Athidus' stuff tomorrow, as an example. Kembaru, random things is what we're trying to avoid here. :P Try to be a little more specific?
Xian
Demon

Postby Kite » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:00 am

Kai'to;

Equipment:

He lives a rather nomadic life, so it is normal for him to carry around equipment suitable for a traveller. If he can, he'll rent a pack-lizard to carry things if he expects a long journey. Despite being a wanderer, he does possess a permanant home in Chel'el'sussoloth, which serves little than to store his junk and spoils.

(Weapon)
An aged longsword with a gilded hilt and gem pommel with belted sheath.

(Armor)
Templar's Pauldrons and Gauntlets (gemstone studded),
Replacement arm, shin, and knee plate guards,
Decorated elven chest plate.
A few changes of clothes.

(Accessories)
A coil of rope, backpack, bedroll, flint and steel, a week's worth of food rations, waterskin, a couple of gemstones.
Pen and parchments, log book.

A small exception. Since he's enslaved in his current RP, he doesn't have any possessions other than what he's picked up: Some clothes, a sword and sheath, a light suit of armor, and a few gemstones.

Just a note: Perhaps if you expect your character to be carrying different/new things, and are entering a story-based thread, you could always include it in your initial post and/or notify the thread story-GM.
Kite
Mary Garren

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby kembaru » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:05 am

Edit: no more spam.
Last edited by kembaru on Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Lone_Wolf » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:28 pm

Well this should be easy, Koros doesn't have much.

When I first started RPing Koros he had nothing minus the clothes on his back, but during this RP he has picked up a few things.

Weapons: Two daggers. The first is old and worn, he stole this off of his former master, and has been using it as a personal grooming device (shaving, and cutting his hair) The second he took off of a guard he beat up guarding a slave caravan. While nicer looking that the first, it is still rather plain. Koros really doesn't use these while he fights though, and I doubt they'll even come up in the RP.

Clothes and armor: Koros has ditched the clothes he started with, and is now wareing the clothes of the afore mentioned guard.
Spider silk pants, leather boots, a short cloth trenchcoat, and a pair of adamantum bracers on his forearms.

Misc: a cloth pouch with about 70 ada in it, bottle of dwarven whiskey
Last edited by Lone_Wolf on Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lone_Wolf
Wolf King

Location: Booze for the booze god! Bottles for the bottle throne!

Postby Ravinous » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:52 pm

Weapons

Longsword and Greatsword

Armor
Lizard Hide Vest and Boots, spidersilk shirt pants and cloak.

Equipment
Large Backpack:
-Blanket
-1 Guide to Alchemy (Tome)
-1 Guide to Chemical and Natural Medicine (Tome)
-1 Metal Medical Supply Box (Ingredients)
---- 5 Death Caps
---- 12 Honey Mushrooms
---- 3 Puffballs
---- 5 Artist's Conks
---- 9 Varnish Conks
---- 3 Stinkhorns
---- 6 Red Polypore
---- Medicine Bowl
---- Small measuring devices.
---- Small razor cutting knife
- 3 weeks of rations
- Ada Sack- 120 Ada
- Some obsidean pieces
- a roll of surface leather from market

Within his cloak:
3 pieces of Flint
6 8 ounce Viles of Death Cap pownder.
10 8 ounce Viles of healing solvent.
2 Viles of Death Cap antidote

Within his vest:
Ada bags- 450 Ada

===

I did some research for the medical mushrooms my character would probably pick up from the mushroom forest. I hope that's okay.
Ravinous
Demon

Location: In the wonderful state of Nirvana... quite literally. >.>

Postby Catsohri » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:57 pm

My registration post already include my characters equipment....

For Sharess, for my godess...
Catsohri
Nether Spawn

Postby Izz'la'mar » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:14 pm

Phylia normally just carries around her short sword with her, not a whole lot more. She doesn't even normally walk around in armour really not even spider's silk armour. That's it for normal.

However, she is about to go out in the big bad wilderness and she isn't stupid. She'll get some spider's silk armour, nothing too much. She'll also get some bottles or other such containers of water (aside from the drinking supply) in case they aren't near any when she needs them. Aside from that it's just food and such that she'll be carrying, she isn't head of this expedition so she thinks its not her responsibility to bring such things as medical supplies.

Edit: I just realised I didn't mention how many bottles I'd be taking and didn't want to leave it looking like I had some endless supply. I'll say ten bottles, each bottle being enough for one either two small spells or one larger spell. the bottles have about a pint of water in them.
Izz'la'mar
Vel'akar

Location: Prolly off being amused at some suffering my rp character is undergoing... >.> what?

Postby Sarah » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:29 pm

The weapons and armor are already in Vei's profile, but here is some of her equipment:

Current Ada in a hidden pocket on her pant leg: Around 10 ADA
Vei sometimes carries poisons, but not recently.

......that's it actually. :? She just has ada. Nothing else comes to mind.
I may update this later.
Sarah
Demon

Postby Faithen » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:32 pm

okay.. here goes Vlen'diri's equipment

Two 60inch biceps (circumfrence)
Two 120 inch thighs
Jaws capable of putting out 800lbs of pressure.
and a single advanced tendon and nerve rigging system allowing for Lightning fast swats, Pounces, and reaction time.

does she really need anything else?

currently shes wearing armor but she goes through that stuff quick and doesn't always wear it..
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby Mat » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:30 pm

Hence becoming victim of some Vloz´ress experiments Maths equipment is nil...
Love Like You've Never Been Burned, Work Like You Don't Need Money,Dance Like There's Nobody Watching,Kiss Like Your Tongue Is On Fire, live like there is no tomorrow,Sin Like There's Nobody judging.

Certified Grandpa of the forum
Mat
Vel'akar

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive