Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

RAVERAN||The ivory path of trade to the realms borders

Postby Jer'tai Wraithblade » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:17 pm

Nath was young, but he wasn't stupid.

'nothing more you WANT to share about yourself,' you mean, Nath hought to himself, but tactfully did not say out loud. This person obviously didn't want to talk about his past, and pestering him about it wouldn't be a wise idea.

Out loud, he merely said,

"Of course. I understand completely."
Jer'tai Wraithblade
Vel'akar

Location: cos (n) * theta radiaans rotation away from the center of your gravity in the z plane.

Postby Ravinous » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:48 am

((Must I start the thread every-time it dies? XD))

"So now that introductions are done," Nota said. "Can we continue? It's best not to stay in the wilderness alone for so long, dangerous things lurk out here and we best hurry our pace before those dangers find us."
Ravinous
Demon

Location: In the wonderful state of Nirvana... quite literally. >.>
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Segzhan » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:57 am

((Ugh, cerebral activity to zero... End of the schoolyear parties... St-Jean-Batiste (french canadian celebration) party.... I'll do an elaborate post tomarrow, I swear.))
Segzhan
Culinary Genius

Location: The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:45 pm

(Alright I got an RP to get to so I'm just going to leave. You guys don't have to enter Chel though.)

"Eemsorr Vith? Eemsorr Vith? I have a message for Eemsorr Vith!" A human slave was running acrros the road, carrying what looked like a message. Stopping in front of the group she said, "One of you is Eemsorr Vith right?"

Eemsorr took the message and looked it over. "Alright, I'll be there. Sorry guys, but I have more fun things to do. Here Nota, take your collar. I was starting to get a rash. Taking off his collar, he through it at Nota's feet, and started along the road. " Maybe I'll see you guys again!"
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Ravinous » Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:19 am

Nota, tired of waiting for the others headed off on his own...

((Sorry gotta get Nota back into action here :P))
Ravinous
Demon

Location: In the wonderful state of Nirvana... quite literally. >.>

Postby Nyrath » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:09 pm

(Now on to Chel)

Nyrath comes out on the road to Chel with Mal'sherren in tow. Traffic isn't much at the time, not that it ever really is. When he gets out of sight of the city he unsheats his blade, screws of what seems to have been a layer of the handle and then inserts it into a slot at one end of his staff. As he channels mana into the golem lock he recites what seem to a saying translated from another language.

"Never walk
away from home
ahead of your axe and sword.
You can't feel a battle
in your bones
or forsee a fight."

He turns to his companion and smiles.

"Out of curiosity, how good are you in a fight? It'll be good to know in case we get ambushed."
Nyrath
Summoner

Postby Baeraad » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:20 pm

Mal'sherren had to admit that this smooth, broad street kind of had the tunnels through which he had travelled last beat. When he had travelled to Val'Raveran, he had spent a week bumping whatever it was Driders had instead of toes into rocks...

He watched with interest as Nyrath worked some strange form of magic. He had never seen the likes before. There was magic in the Hive, but not especially much; his people were intelligent, but they weren't exactly sophisticated.

"In a fight?" he said.

He hesitated. To be honest, he didn't have a clue. He could sing fear, yes, but he didn't think he could make anyone flee in panic... and wouldn't they figure out that he was the one making them feel frightened, and go for him first and foremost?

"I could be helpful," he finally said. "But not as helpful as a big guy with a sharp sword would be."

He quickly changed the subject.

"What did you do with that, er, axe thing just now? Does it stay together by magic?" He considered that. "I think someone told me once that a spell that you keep going can be interrupted all too easily...?" he suggested, as humbly as possible.
Baeraad
Nether Seed

Postby Nyrath » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:34 pm

"That's true, a spell can be dispelled by almost anyone who has an aura. But this is here isn't something that I keep up, I simply use the mana to move a lock inside the socket. So if anyone dispels it the lock's simply stuck until I charge it up again. As for how good you'll be in a fight, I wasn't expecting to much out of a ministrel. Your fine playing wouldn't be as fine if you've practiced a lot with a blade as well. At least at your age, you don't seem very old."

As evident Nyrath talked a lot, and knew a little about most things. A fairly long and aware life did leave its mark. His interest in philosophy had taken him into the path of many new sayings and languages. He does keep walking through it all, standing still and talking won't get you anywhere.

"Would you care for a guessing game? We try guessing each others rough age until we get as close as possible. If you don't mind I'll have first go, my first guess is early forthies."

(And it's a naginata that I have now, not something like a halberd. And I'm wondering if you're fine with of the next posts being a major time skipper with us arrive in Chel? )
Nyrath
Summoner

Postby Baeraad » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:25 pm

(oh, sorry, should have read more carefully. And yes, perfectly fine)

"Oh."

Mal'sherren had to admit that that sounded clever. If you moved a rock with magic, you couldn't dispell the rock back to where it had been before it moved. There was probably all sorts of clever things you could do to get around limitations like that.

Something I should probably keep in mind the next time I get the urge to show off or take advantage...

"Early forties?" he said. "Mmm, no... though you're in the right area. Now it's my turn. I'll say... seventy?"
Baeraad
Nether Seed

Postby Nyrath » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:07 pm

"Seventy? No but you're closer to my age than my birth. Now let's see, mid forties?"

{Time lapse sequence}
(We're lazy, and avoiding fights)

A rather more tired pair of travellers with considerably less supplies make it out into sight of Chel'El'Sussoloth. The great Sharess fortress and the great rift are prominent, but so are many things in this great city and Nyrath points out each of the clan holds as they approach. He had already spent quite some time during the journey about various things in Chel, such as the clans and the general attitude concerning the various races as well as the commercial district.

"And up there is the Beldrobaen stronghold, it's a bit hard to see at times but it's a beautiful place in its own way. If you're in trouble at some time you can probably find some help up there, at least more likely than in most of the city."

As they approach the city itself Nyrath disasembles his naginata while they walk. He wonders where to go next, but he decides to at least ask his companion first.

"Where to now? The market or one of the taverns?"
Nyrath
Summoner

Postby Baeraad » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:26 pm

Mal'sherren looked around, wide-eyed, as they approached the great city. He felt awed, excited, and more of a little out of his depth.

If I can make it here, I can make it anywhere. So to speak.

He considered the question.

"Well, so far I've mostly tried inns, as far as money-making ventures goes," he said. "But I'm kind of new at making my way with my singing. Would the market be an option?"

He lifted a leg and looked at the somewhat cracked and dusty claw at the end of it.

"Mind you, an inn might have the benefit of a room with a footbath," he admitted. "I could go for that right now. I swear, once I'm rich and famous I'll hire some big, strong goons to carry me where I want to go."
Baeraad
Nether Seed

Postby Nyrath » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:01 pm

Nyrath smiles at comment from his companion, he had become slightly more accustomed to the drider's ways while on the road and he felt that the ministrel made a fine companion. And now to see if some of the things he'd heard where true.

"Then let us head to the Black Dragon Tavern. I heard that the Sargress recently took it over from the Sharen so it should be a good place to start. The Sargress don't like trouble around their customers and they can certainly back up pretty much any treats they are forced to make so it should be orderly. And anyone who can pay is welcome and entertainment comes in several ways, you'll see when we get there."

With that he leads the way to the Black Dragon Tavern.

(unless you have any objections we'll head straight to said tavern)
Nyrath
Summoner

Postby Baeraad » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:04 pm

(right you are)

"Okay," Mal'sherren said confidently. "Might as well start somewhere that makes sense to me. This city looks kind of big and intimidating, but I'm sure taverns holds no surprises for me anymore."

He followed Nyrath towards the Black Dragon.
Baeraad
Nether Seed

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive