Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

RAVERAN||The ivory path of trade to the realms borders

RAVERAN||The ivory path of trade to the realms borders

Postby Mat » Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:00 am

Slaves, artisans and workers built up this jewel in the underworld. A broad street chiseled out of the stone. Faerns ensured that the street is everywhere usable for carts and wide slow ridingbeasts, shaping the stone with their minds. The street can be travelled for more than a week. Magical lights ensure the safety even for travellers who cannot see in teh darkness. Raiders found it hard to dispel those surprisingly. Something keeping them in place. At the end of each day of travel with a ridinganimal at a moderate speed, someone can reach either a smaller settlement, a mine, a tradingpost, or a garrisson of the Val Ilhar´dro soldiers.

Constant patrols on llizards ensure the safety for travels. Val Ilhar´dro knights and Faerns in groups of at least twenty constantly travelling up and down the road, wiping any sort of raiders and other disturbances.
The maintained street of the Val´Ilhar´Dro ends at the borders to the lands of Chel´El´Sussoloth. From there The rulers of Chel´El´Sussoloth keep the road safe if there is something like that...

A safe way of travel for those who have nothing more in mind that to reach the city of Val´Reveran.
Love Like You've Never Been Burned, Work Like You Don't Need Money,Dance Like There's Nobody Watching,Kiss Like Your Tongue Is On Fire, live like there is no tomorrow,Sin Like There's Nobody judging.

Certified Grandpa of the forum
Mat
Vel'akar

Postby Ronyo » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:12 am

I saw this thread a few days ago, and now that I’m accepted was wondering if I can use this thread to go from Chel´el´sussoloth to Val´Reveran. It seems in order for me to get into a RP I need to be in Reveran. Should I use this thread or just go to the thread I want to be in and give a story of why I’m there?
Ronyo
Nether Seed

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Sun May 15, 2005 11:14 am

(sing song voice) Off to Chel go, off to Chel we go, off off off we go to Chel, off we go!"
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Segzhan » Sun May 15, 2005 2:23 pm

Vis rubbed her scruff.

"Heh. I feel it is going to be entertaining."

The young woman climbed on a rock nearby, looking at the distance toward Chel'El'Sussoloth.

From there, she could see all the lights coming from the various clan's fortress. And, in the middle of all thoses countless glitters, there was the tower of light.

Vis smiled happily. How many times during her childhood did she passed hours just admiring the beauty of that source of blue light? She couldn't remember. But just at the thought of if, a warm flow of comfort filled her body.

"Are you all ready to go, Nota?" the Vloz'Ress asked to her travelling partner.
Segzhan
Culinary Genius

Location: The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Sun May 15, 2005 2:56 pm

" Breathtaking isn't it? I've never seen this before. You guys make some nice stuff for a race of evil overlords."
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Postby Segzhan » Sun May 15, 2005 4:07 pm

Vis'Àvis jumped off her rock and landed with grace.

"Tell me, do you think I'm evil?" she asked to the human slave.

"Us drows aren't "evil". In fact, what do you call evil? Drowussus considers the tainted that way. So does the tainted toward them. We are a society that had to go through a lot of things to survive. Us who came from the surface world survived in the underworld, modeling everything around us to fill our need. Yes, the way our society works can be considered as evil for surface dwellers. But this is the way we survived. You can't live the same way on the surface and in the underworld. Yes, it may be harsh. But it works." she explained.
Segzhan
Culinary Genius

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Sun May 15, 2005 4:09 pm

"Heh,I don't think the gladiators feel the same way as you..."
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Postby Segzhan » Sun May 15, 2005 4:14 pm

She shrugged.

"Yes, this is rather stupid. I never said I agreed with that. But do I have to remind your that you're the one who was planning to go and slay driders? Isn't THAT evil?"

She poked his forehead.

"Everything is relative, dear. Evil and good are simply beliefs."
Segzhan
Culinary Genius

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Sun May 15, 2005 4:16 pm

"Slay the driders? Perish the thought! If you do need to know, I was going to stop the murderers, but, I decided to come with you two fine fellows."
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Postby Ravinous » Sun May 15, 2005 5:29 pm

"I'm ready," Nota said, waiting for the conversation that had erupted between the other two to die down. "Shall we continue?"

With that he started down the road.
Ravinous
Demon

Location: In the wonderful state of Nirvana... quite literally. >.>

Postby Segzhan » Sun May 15, 2005 5:33 pm

"Sure! Let's go!"

She ran after Nota to catch up on him.

"Tell me, Nota... What happened in Chel to makes you hate that place so much?"
Segzhan
Culinary Genius

Postby Ravinous » Sun May 15, 2005 5:36 pm

"I rather not talk about it to much," He said in his usual dreary monotone. "Let's just say I cannot return to my own home any longer."
Ravinous
Demon

Postby Segzhan » Sun May 15, 2005 5:45 pm

Vis looked sad.

"I see..."

She patted his shoulder.

"Well, anyway, if one day you feel like talking about it, I'm the first to be interested."

She walked away, letting him some space. She started playing with the pommel of her sword, disracted.

She had great trouble figuring how it was not to have a loving family. As far as she remembered, her parents never let her down.

"You know... we accepted a lot of renegades in the past. Maybe I can try to make you a Volz'Ress, if you're interested."
Segzhan
Culinary Genius

Postby Ravinous » Sun May 15, 2005 5:56 pm

Nota was a bit surprised by the offer, though having a lack of expression did not really allow him to show it. He had been a wanderer since he had escaped from the Vel' Sharen, his parents now empty shells mutilated into demonic animals for the other nobles to use. He had never forgotten those memories. The Vlozz might not be so different though, he had heard the rumors, but still that knowledge they had was still there and he intended to learn it.

"Alright," he said with a smile. "We will see when we get there, for now let us concentrate on traversing the road to Chel'el'sussoloth."
Ravinous
Demon

Postby Segzhan » Sun May 15, 2005 6:03 pm

Vis jumped with joy.

"Aye-aye, chief!"

The idea of making Nota happy putted the Vloz'Ress into a good mood.

Nota was always so.. emotionless. Vis'Àvis couldn't even remember him being happy. She always thought he was strange. How was it possible to never smile? Oh well. She would do anything possible to make him laugh.

"I'm starting to think leaving Raveran was the best idea I ever had!" she claimed, laughing.
Segzhan
Culinary Genius

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive