Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Raveran||The ruins of Kem´Shandar [[PRIVATE]]

Postby Mat » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:01 pm

Math sniffed a moment on the bars and gives then a look with what someone could say as puppy eyes, accompanied with a noise that comes closest tio a deep dissapointed meow, it walking around the cage again.
Open... Open... pack says open... The bars are very stable.. and it would need a considerable amount of strength to break them.. maybe more than he had. But the drowlings must have somehow put it into there aswell. With a noise he jumped onto the cage... and there was it.. a hatch with a lock. The lock was secured by a gemstone, filled with mana for a spell. Math sniffed slightly on the stone, dark mist floating over the gemstone, drifting down from the cages side... the gemstone being drained, he was hungrry anyway. To be exactly.. he was always hungry... just the extend was different. Then appeared a faint crack as the lock gives in to the demons brute force, as a jaw encloses around the bar. The head of Math raising with a lock in its teeth lowering the head slightly and dropping the heavy lock in front of Vlos feet, hopping down again from the cage. A half curious half cautious gaze falls onto Thorgir... the first thought of course running through Maths mind.. "Fodder?"...

The small dragon instead... for that is what it was... didnt move... or made no try to escape the cage... its eyes fixed constantly on the beasts body it squealing faintly and being always as far away from it as possible...
Love Like You've Never Been Burned, Work Like You Don't Need Money,Dance Like There's Nobody Watching,Kiss Like Your Tongue Is On Fire, live like there is no tomorrow,Sin Like There's Nobody judging.

Certified Grandpa of the forum
Mat
Vel'akar

Postby Jer'tai Wraithblade » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:16 pm

Thorgir hesitantly rounded the corner, coming out into the open.

"I'm sorry I left. It was wrong of me to do so, and I knew it. Ah well... it seems my morals and ethics have gotten in the way of my common sense once again," he chuckled, "because I decided to come back."

Taking a closer look at Math, Thorgir said, somewhat confusedly, "Isn't that the Beast you were describing to me earlier?"
Jer'tai Wraithblade
Vel'akar

Location: cos (n) * theta radiaans rotation away from the center of your gravity in the z plane.

Postby Krystle_dream » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:16 pm

Not fodder yet pack. Try break stone. Weak point. She kept her eyes on Mat as she said this, breaking her gaze only when she went that the message was clear.

Her eyes were cool, if not a bit unfocused when she turned in Thorgir's direction. Simply enough, she was listening to every thought within the cavern, and it took a great deal of consentration to sort them thourgth in prefect order.

"Thorgir...Thorgir Thorgir Thorgir. I don't know why you went....but you never owned any alliance to me. If you did...you broke it....if I was more like my sister, I would hurt you, and badly."

She closed her eyes, rubbing her forehead as if she had a headache.

"As for this beast...he is someone changed, someone I care for. No more, no less."
Where do you go when you're gone...
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Jer'tai Wraithblade » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:31 pm

Thorgir nodded. "Allright. If you wish to speak in riddles, that's fine with me."

Smacking his forehead, he said,

"Oh! I just remembered. I found something thin you might find it useful."

Fiddling around in a pouch for a second, he extracted the controll gem and gave it to Vlos.
Jer'tai Wraithblade
Vel'akar

Location: cos (n) * theta radiaans rotation away from the center of your gravity in the z plane.

Postby Mat » Mon Mar 14, 2005 11:36 pm

The beast eyes the gem for a long time... and slowely it approached Thorgir. The darkness starting to float over the ground reaching out floating around Vlos feet covering her legs in it as the beast passes VLos. The tide of darkness drifting slowely to Thorgir... The beast moved slowely nearly lazily past Vlos and towards the mercenary. Its snout opened slightly a low noise excaping its throat. By now it was in distance to pounce at the drowling... But it was pack... The first bits of the dark mist reaching Thorgirs feet.

The dragonling instead stared at the beast... its thoughts.. merely basic... the mind not fully developed.. like a small child it depends on the very basic needs... Looking for care... and safety... and it was afraid... the thoughts compared to the beasts and Thorgirs quite weak... yet.. there is a strong mind out there... overwhelming... far away still compared to the others.. yet already feelable.. and it reacted to Vlos senses... like it knew that someone touched it...

And there were many thoughts of different nature at the cavernceiling.. or maybe... in a close cavern above them?
Love Like You've Never Been Burned, Work Like You Don't Need Money,Dance Like There's Nobody Watching,Kiss Like Your Tongue Is On Fire, live like there is no tomorrow,Sin Like There's Nobody judging.

Mat
Vel'akar

Postby Jer'tai Wraithblade » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:22 am

Thogir gasped.

"Those eyes... they're like those of the other male who was with you, m'lady."
Jer'tai Wraithblade
Vel'akar

Postby Mat » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:09 pm

The beast approeached Thorhir until it stands right in front of him... eying the mercenary up.. out of is nostrils shooting hot and moist air that smells from the last lunch it head. Considering the last lunch was drow in armor... not a pleasent smell. It eying Thorgir... then the gem.. then Thorgir again... the darkness floating around Thorgirs legs reaching up for his knees, he standing already deep in the sea of black mists....

Mat
Vel'akar

Postby Jer'tai Wraithblade » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:18 pm

Thorgir's ees bulged comically, and he windmiled his arms some before saying,

"Okay!Okay! I'll give you the gem! just let me go!"

He throws the gem beween Math's front legs.
Jer'tai Wraithblade
Vel'akar

Postby Krystle_dream » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:47 pm

"Looks like you solved one riddle..." She stifled the urge to insult Thorgir, but at her current state, she wasn't much for defending or offending anyone. She could barely keep up a normal conversion with her mind open like this.

She then sent a tentrail of warmth and compassion to the mind of the dragonling. It wasn't as fully devloped in the mind, which made it easier to hear its thoughts. No conflicting thoughts...simple minded...much better to talk with the dragonling.

"Don't overreact. If he wanted to kill you, he would've done so already. Keep yourself calm, or I won't be able to do what I have to."
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby Mat » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:14 pm

He couldnt destroy it... the beast stepped back a little... eying the gem more closely. Letting go of Thorgir as such... yet the dark mists still floating like water around his feet. Something held Math from destroying the little thing.. it was connected with pain... but where to keep it? Out of reach? Out of touch from anyone... Oh... the answer was straight ahead...

The beast pulled down its head and in a fluid move it swallowed the gem it vanishing in the beasts body.. It raising its head again eying Thorgir.. then turning around to stroll to somewhere close both resting down and resting its head on its paws with perked ears closing its eyes...

The small dragonling calmed.. a little... still having the beast in sight it was still afraid. But it didnt press itself into a corner of the cage. But sniffing carefully around eying suspicially the open hatch on the cage roof. And aswell with a mov it climbed up the cage sitting on its top free now... looking down to Vlos and Thorgir.

Mat
Vel'akar

Postby Mat » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:17 pm

Then the small beign jumped down from the cage, sniffing faintly into Vlos direction... then it snarled a light and throatrhy noise, revealing a few finger long teeth and running towarsd Vlos. The next thing that could be heared a roar from the beasts throat, it raised its heaad snarling at the young dragonling. And in the same instance the young dragon was sitting again on the cage in a blink... Twinkling angrily down to the cat which doesnt seem to be bothered...

Yet.. soemthing is bothersome.. its head turning slowely to the huge exit of the cavern... that the earth quivers by now from time to time.. he was used to... yet.. with the last quiver.. there was something else.. a noise...

With perked ears the beast eyes the entrance.. there it was again... a slight quiver.... accompanied with a deep sound, like a grumble.. a growl.. or an endless howl. Something was close... something... tall.

The noise hearable by beast and drow alike..

Mat
Vel'akar

Postby Mat » Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:25 am

And the cavern shaking again, the beast raising by now eying Vlos with bigger eyes... The howl... roar.. it was clearly there.. and the shakes grew stronger with every passing minute...

Hurry... smell... predator...

In the beasts eyes mirrors concern, it starting to eyes the caverns exit and for now only way to flee more and more often.

Another quiver going through the cavern... as something seems to break through a cavernswall far away... and yet already now too close.. a loud roar resounding from every wall.... thundering through the cavern the small dragonling seeming to answer with its screams.

Mat
Vel'akar

Postby Mat » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:23 am

As the ground shook one more time by now violantly.. the others freezed and seeming somehow not to act the beast decided to do the onlything that its insticnt told him to do. Flee....

It jumped near Vlos... the small dragon hopping down from the cage and running to the exit.. as fast as its small feet can carry it. the beast had no other intention aswell. darkness enveloped Vlos pickign her up since the beast lacks of arms. Pressing the small drow being close to its back. Then it turned around and ran aswell. Fear it forgot maybe... but to stay longer without acting was careless... With huge pounces the beaqst crossed the tunnel downwards even running past the dragons. Steelen doors flew by left and right.. most closed locked and barred. The tunnel had to lead somewhere.

The ground shook even stronger boulders crashing down from the cavern ceiling. And a loud roar was now clearly hearable. Ice started to melt around.. and a warm breeze comes from up ahead.

They were running towards their doom the cave behind.. the dragon ahead. Water rushing already in small streams where the ice melts...

A cavern an exit.. somewhere.. simply something! The beasts emotions rushed... the urge to flee becoming stronger... and the slight feeling of panik arising.

The air became truly hot by now... for those who stayed in the ice... it was already nearly burning.
And then they were there... the beast stopped and eyed the tunnel... and two eyes... as large as cartwheels.. stared back. Out of the darkness... nearly near the caverns ceiling... red like fire.... and a growl that made the whole cavern shiver resounded from the walls.

That made it.. with a roar the beast turned around and fled.. just away.. somewhere... It hasted again up the tunnel... a flood of fire following its heels.. the air becoming blurry because of the heat in the air.

And then there was it... a small tunnel... where it lead to who cared? The cat just jumped into there and ran along the tunnel as fast as it could vanishing in the darkness. As the sound of the dragon became more silent.. the chanting of females was hearable.
They were running upwards and came out at the shores of a lake. The cavern above the one with the cage... So the hatch was... under the lakes ground? Wasnt important.. the beast ran on... looking only from time to time to the sides to see if everything that was pack was with it.

Anotehr tunnel.. the breath going already ragged the lungs of it burning... long runs werent its thing.. sprints yes but no long distance sprints. And still the panik drove it on faster and faster. The females would have to deal with an angry dragon who has no need anymroe to step into a trap anymore anyway. A crossing... and an icy tunnel upwards.. water running already down the stones and the path. The claws of the beast buried itself in teh ice as it started to climb... leaving a rough and climbable path for drow even... small pieces of ice breaking out... at the top of the tunnel.. was another way.
The creature fled for long minutes.. maybe an hour... and lost its path.
Finally.. in a cavern.. it broke down... completely exhausted it just collapsed where it stood.

Around only wild nature.. and cold stone...

Mat
Vel'akar

Postby Jer'tai Wraithblade » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:43 pm

Panting, Thorgir slid off of the cat's back and crumpled to the floor with a crash. He had chased after the cat when it had fled, and by a stroke of luck was able to jump onto it's back, whereas he had ridden Math like a horse up untill this point.

"Leave me behind, would you?"
Jer'tai Wraithblade
Vel'akar

Postby Krystle_dream » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:40 am

Vlos looked behind her, her eyes dulled from trying to hold on, and the strain of keeping her thought sheilds up from the louder thoughts outside.

"He hasn't accepted you as pack yet..."
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive