Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Kyorl'solenurn fortress

Postby Alendara » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:47 am

Where is he?! She skidded to a halt amidst the crowd of moving bodies, eyes flitting to and fro. She had hurried from her mother's room, darting through the crowd without apology- she simply didn't have the time. This was one case she knew she couldn't handle on her own, and Alamandorious was the only Templar she knew of. There were plenty in her own house, but they tended to avoid her, and for good reason. Korlin and Selun were also options...but the other Warden's sister had mentioned she was still recovering, and T'al had no desire to put her through another battle.

Then she spotted him, at an intersection to her left. Hopping up to see over several Templar's shoulders, just to be sure it was him, she then scurried down the corridor, bumping into several people on her way. They would turn to look, frowning- but then most would catch sight of the pendant about her neck, and quickly hurry on their ways. Her house was generally feared to some degree, even within her own clan. At times it was something to be proud of...at others, it was just plain sad.

"Templ- er, Alamandorious! Halt! Stop! Please!" She saw him starting to move again, and called out, hoping he might hear her. She dodged aside of two running children, tripped, and then, just a few feet from the Templar, went sailing onto the floor. Several Templars and Crusaders hurried over to help her up.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:43 pm

Of the Templars and Crusaders that reacted, Alamandorious was the fastest. Having been in the process of turning towards T'al when he heard her calling his name, his eyes caught sight of her just as she began her fall. He spun and closed the distance between the two in a few moments, quickly grabbing onto the neck hole of her robes in the back. Although he could not prevent her from falling completely, he stopped her face from impacting with the ground, and also prvented any injury or further wounding of pride that would occur had she slid a few paces.

Quickly, to avoid further embarassment on her part, he hoisted her to her feet and nodded his thanks to the others that had moved to assist. He once again turned to face the Warden, a look of concern in his eyes,"Are you alright, Warden T’alisania?" he asked, quietly, his tone matching the expression of his eyes.

Alamandorious then realized he was still clutching her robes and quickly released them, his cheeks turning a pale shade of pink,"M-my apologies, I d-did not mean any disrespect..." he murmured, his voice again losing it confidence. Mentally, he cursed himself for becoming so flustered...however, social interaction was not his strong point. Clearing his throat, he regained his composure and asked,"How may I be of service?"
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Alendara » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:09 pm

T'al blinked, staring down at the floor, her face hovering just inches above it. She felt the strong grip on her collar, leaving her to stare for just a moment. Then, she was yanked back, pulled back onto her feet with one great heave. She glanced around, noted all the staring males, and felt like groaning. She, a Warden, had just embarassed herself in front of a whole crowd of her fellow Kyorls- an act that, once she was alone, would be sure to beat herself up over. The others left with little more then nods, but she could still feel the shame boiling up within her. Clumsiness was certainly not a virtue.

Then, she realized it was Alamandorious who'd caught her, and her embarassment only grew. Sighing, she coldly said, "Yes, I'm fine. Only my pride hurts." Shaking her head, she started to turn, but paused, realizing that he was still gripping her. Her lips parted to say something, but he seemed to notice the mistake at the same moment, and quickly recoiled. An apology stumbled out shortly after, and, were she someone lesser, she probably would have laughed. For her, however, laughter was something she simply didn't indulge in...not since Zhin'toro died.

"You can assist, Templar, by accompanying me to Ssussunui. A Scourge was recently spotted there, along with a small accompaniment of Mercenaries. We are to eradicate them, in the name of the Goddess." Her eyes closed, and another small prayer was whispered. She'd always been told to do such, following mention of the Goddess. "Are you all ready, or do you need a short time for preparation?"

A thought crossed her mind then: Hopefully, we can hurry this along. I know mother- she'll probably send another small team to trail us. I don't need protection any more... It was a foul thought, and her face seemed to sour, slightly, as she considered it.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:22 pm

Alamandorious nodded, his face growing serious at this news,"I will accompany you then, Warden. However, as I am currently dressed, I would only be but a moments distraction for whatever forces are arrayed against us. If we take the southern route," he began, indicating the direction with a raised arm and extended finger,"we should arrive at my family halls in short order. It would be a simple and short task for me to fully dress in my armor and retrieve my sword from that point."

He turned his attention back to T'al,"Unless time is absolutely pressing, and it is necessary to leave this instant, it would be prudent for me to be fully equipped," he paused, waiting for her decision on the matter.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Alendara » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:27 pm

"Indeed...we'll go to your halls then, Templar. Get dressed and make it quick- I doubt the Vloz'ress shall linger forever. Such foul creatures simply can not be allowed to wander unchecked about the city." She closed her eyes, picturing images of sweet Chel'el'sussoloth, were the Vloz'ress to ave free reign of it. Fire and brimstone, buildings crumbling down, demons marching unchecked through the streets, and corpes everywhere. Such horrible thoughts plagued her often, but she used them solely to drive her even further on her path, to aid in her dedication to the Goddess. It was her duty to stop that future from happening.

"Let us move, please, lead the way."
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:15 pm

The Templar nodded, turning sharply and with a brisk stride headed south. His cloak whipped behind him for a moment, before simply billowing behind him as his long strides carried him swiftly towards his goal. The stony expression on the male's face was enough to cause most of the crowd to move out of the way; the rest simply moved to avoid being simply knocked aside. Alamandorious didn't look to see if T'al was following; he knew she was.

At the fast pace he moved, it did not take long to reach the entrance to the halls of his family. Much like T'al's home, there were two guards standing at attention at the entrance. Dressed in shiny silver chainmail and wearing enough weapons to supply a small army, they exuded an aura of confidence and danger.

Alamandorious nodded to the two, pausing for a moment to speak to the two guards.

"This is Warden T’alisania; one of you show her to the guest waiting area," he said, turning to the Warden in question,"I will be but a moment," he said, bowing slightly before proceeding through the large, heavy metal doors.

The entrance hall had a high, vaulted cieling, and was actually fairly spartan. It had a few portraits of past family members, long dead, and clean black marble floors that one could actually see their reflection in. At the opposite end of the entrance hall was a set of golden doors, no doubt leading to the main living area, the doors Alamandorious could be seen passing through. However, another entrance to the right was where one of the guards indicated for T'al; a small, cozy little waiting area with two soft brown couches, well maintained, and a small glass coffee table low enough to rest ones feet on. All visible areas were lit by torches, kept alight by mana.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Alendara » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:03 pm

As T'al passed into the entrance hall, she allowed her eyes to wander, gazing up to the portraits of other Drow, long dead. It reminded her somewhat of her own house's halls only they were...much more plain. The golden doors of the living area impressed the woman a fair bit, and she started towards them at first, only to be ushered away into a side room, where she might await Alamandorious's return. She nodded humbly to the guards, then proceeded there, dropping down onto one of the couches.

As her body touched her new seat, she sighed heavily. She hadn't had a seat since the Black Dragon Tavern, and a good rest was needed. Unfortunately, she bore the bad habit of pushing herself too far, usually without even realizing it. Of course, she did so only because she was trying to live up to her house's good name but...even so. Her eyes slid gently shut, and she let the world slip away, if only briefly. She retreated into her own mind, dealign with the various thoughts, emotions, and images plaguing her- one's mind had to be purged before going on a delicate mission such as this.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:02 pm

True to his word, it didn't take Alamandorious long to change into his armor. Daily practicing of the relatively simple act had allowed him to change into it rapidly, his motions very nearly subconcious. The incredibly well-polished and well-maintained armor fit him like a glove...almost to the point where he looked more comfortable in it than his off-duty attire. His pouch belt was secured around the outside of the armor, looking somewhat out of place but not overly so.

He retrieved his longsword from where it securely rested inside of a steel case, the sword having been kept there for security as much as surety in its location. Alamandorious attached the scabbard to his armor, firmly securing it in its place before finally grabbing his armored headband and tying it over his forehead, the symbol of Sharess pefectly aligning with its twim tattooed upon his brow.

The Drowussu quickly left his room, tying his hair into a ponytail as his footsteps echo'd down the hall. There were a few servants here and there, all bowing and stepping aside as he moved...but none of his family. It wasn't surprising; his father and brothers were likely on duty somewhere, his mother attending matters of importance to the house in her study...his older sister was normally busy in the small library further into their home at this hour, sorting and filing daily reports already attended to by their mother.

So it was a great surprise to him when she stepped out into the hallway in front of him from her bedroom, near the top of the stairs leading down to the main living area and exit.

"Well well little brother, where are you heading off to so quickly?" she asked, her lips curved into a soft affectionate smile.

Alamandorious paused his stride, bowing to his sister and returning the smile,"I have a mission to attend...I have been asked by a Warden to assist in the eradication of daemon spawn that have been sighted in the city."

His sister nodded, crossing her arms across her chest,"One of the household servants informed me of this warden in our waiting room...brother, be careful with this one," she began, her smile fading into a stern look,"I have heard of her...although some things are unclear, I believe she has had a somewhat troubled history...some things that have been said of her are most unkind."

He frowned, an action only visible in the depths of his eyes due to the headband blocking view of his forehead,"I...do not believe she is a bad person at all, sister. She is as devout as our family, if not more so, in her duties and belief in the Goddess."

"I...see. You were always a good judge of people, brother...I just hope you are not blinded in this case..."

"What are you implying?"

She smirked, shaking her head slightly,"Nothing, brother, nothing. Go...do not keep her waiting any longer."

Alamandorious nodded, bowing once more to his sister before taking his leave. His pace, which had been brisk before, was now a light jog to make up for the brief interval of conversation with his sister. The tall male's heavy footsteps along with the clanking of his armor filled the immediate area...but such was the quality of the armor that the sounds of metal colliding with metal did not become nearly as loud as it would normally.

She watched him go, a slightly amused look in her eyes,"You've grown well, brother...but you are still young in so many ways..." she murmured to herself, before turning and striding deeper into their home, her long red dress flowing gently in the breeze created by her motion.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Only a few minutes had passed when Alamandorious returned to the entry hall, pausing at the entrance to the waiting room and clearing his throat.

"Warden T’alisania, I am ready."

As he waited for her to stand, Alamandorious pondered what his sister had said briefly, before dismissing it. He really had no idea what she was talking about...he was certain he had not misjudged T'al in the least.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Alendara » Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:05 am

The world was dark, shadows stretched long upon the earth. Shouts echoed in the shadows, bodies rushing here and there. Steel clanged against steel, and the dim light flickered as spells erupted, issuing screams across the cavern. Templar charged into the small mass of Vloz'ress, blades swinging. Sealing gems flashed as Demons arose, summoned forth by a pair of smiling Scourges. Then all was blood and death...laughter in the darkness. In the distance two figures stood alone- her sister and a Nether Summoner, locked in battle. T'al spun about, staring into the blazing eyes of a Berserker, looming over the corpse of her cousin. Zhin'toro...

At the sound of Alamandorious's voice her eyes slid open, blinking a few times before she realized where she was. Her crystal blues shifted towards the Templar, lingered for a moment, and then she rose to her feet, using her Naginata for support. A few steps carried her towards him, at which point she gave him a quick inspection, looking him up and down once. He certainly seemed more respectable then, and quite ready for battle. Hopefully, the assignment would proceed smoothly.

"Very good, Templar. I certainly hope you're ready to aid in purging this land, in the name of the Goddess." She nodded towards him- a quick sign of respect. Then, without waiting for a reply, she passed silently through the doorway, and began heading back into the bustling halls of the Fortress. Her pace was quick, her mind determined- speed, was of the essence.
Last edited by Alendara on Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:43 am

Alamandorious didn't reply to her question of his readiness, instead simply nodding and following after her as she left, assuming a position slightly behind T'al and to her left. The two house guards nodded to the pair as they left his family halls, a slightly proud look in their eyes at the sight of Alamandorious in his gleaming armor...they had served this house for a long, long time, and took pride in its accomplishments.

The tall Drowussu could feel his pulse quickening qith excitement...but he forced it to calm, to even out. Zeal may be its own excuse, but being overconfident and too eager could cause him to make mistakes, or take risks that need not be taken. No...he would do this as perfectly as he did all his duties...for that was what was expected of him, and failure was not an option.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Alendara » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:19 am

Her pace brisk, it did not take a long while for T'al to wind her way through the Citadel halls. Occasionally she would glance back over her shoulder to make sure Alamandorious was still following, though she knew she had no need to. He was a tall man, possessed of a demanding presence, whose strides carried him swiftly in her steps, winding easily through the milling masses. Inwardly, she smiled as she watched him, the fire in his eyes sparking a flurry of memories. They just like her cousin's...so full of life, so determined, so ready and eager to bask in the will of the Goddess. So sad and yet so wonderful- she had to look away.

As they reached the temple gates, however, their path was stayed as a voice called out to them, low and booming.

"T'alisandra!"

She froze, staring ahead for a moment, before turning upon her heel to give their interruptet a look-see. She frowned when she identified him, her grip tightening involuntarily about her Naginata. Such delays were undesirable, especially considering who had come to greet them. It was a rather lofty figure, strong in arm and gruff in face. Long white hair descended his back, swirling continuously into a pony tail, with the end dyed red as blood. A pair of blue orbs rested in his sockets, quite similar to T'al's own. A serrated broadsword was strapped to his back, hidden within a simple sheath, while a fair-sized shield laid strapped to his left arm.

"Zhiel'osos. To what do I owe the pleasure? Do you mind, we're in a hurry."

"That's alright, I'd just one question. Finally find a blade, Warden?" He smirked, but it seemed more a sneer as his gaze shifted over Alamandorious. "I'm sure Mother's quite pleased."

Her eyes narrowed dangerously on her brother, prompting him to back down. "It's not that at all."

"Very well- I suppose I should've expected that. Well then, good luck on your assignment. I hope your...assistant brings you back to us." A light bow, and the man was striding back away, without ever truly having acknowledged Alamandorious. Another frown crossed T'al's face, but then with little more than a huff, she was back to her stride, making for the gates.

(Tentatively, after your next post we can shift this over to the Pillar of Light. If your character has questions and all that though, then we can stay here for a few more posts first. :))
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:35 am

OOC: I think one more post from each of us, counting this one (you'll see why), then the scene shift :)

Alamandorious remained passive on the outside as this...oaf, for lack of better word, regarded him as little more than an insect. On the inside, he couldn't help but feel amused...if this man thought that he was going to be intimidated, he was sorely mistaken. No, Alamandorious had dealt with and seen his kind plenty of times before, and knew that expressing his utter contempt for such behavior would only result in longer delays as, no doubt, such a retort to being looked down upon would only be rightly followed by a punch to the oaf's jaw.

Fortunately for Zhiel'osos, time was pressing.

When he was safely out of earshot, Alamandorious mutter,"It seems to me that that gentleman has a stick up his posterior that has a stick up ITS posterior," he murmured, using polite language in the presence of the Warden,"Did you ever consider using him as a living shield, Warden? I'm sure the density of his head would serve him well in that role."

Amusement was finally allowed to enter his aqua eyes, which had been void of expression during the little chat, and they regarded T'al quietly as he awaited her response to his remarks.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Alendara » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:26 am

They had just passed beyond the citadel's great gates when Alamandorious made his lovely little comments on the snoody Kyorl. Amidst the lessening crowd of others, T'al came to a sudden stop, staring forward for a moment before turning and staring, eyes narrowed on the Templar. It seemed the look of a demon- as if she were about to tear his heart out for saying one wrong thing. This held for a short time, and then a strange new mood began to claim her.

First her lips quivered, her frown threatening to rise up into a smile. Then there came a chuckle, followed by a full-blown laugh. The strange mirth seized her for a short while, and she could do nothing but submit to it. So many years it had been since she had laughed...hell, it was a challenge even to make her smile. The world had grown cold, and the people in it keeping conversations brief, knowing the reputations of both her family, and herself. Yet regardless of the dangers, this Templar seemed more than willing to make his little joking observations, and T'al loved it.

When finally her laughter died down, she shook her head lightly and said, "Quite true, Templar, quite true. You do know that's my brother you speak of though, don't you?" She gazed up into his eyes, gauging how he'd react before continuing. "Not that it matters of course. He's everything my family loves- but he's an ass, and being a sibling just gives me more experience with it." Finally forcing her smile back, and drawing up her veil of emotionlessness, she turned upon her heel and started back into the streets of Chel'el'Sussoloth.

"Thank you for that- most people seem far too worried to go there."

(Now, on to the Pillar of Light...but I will wait 'til tomorrow to post that addition, as I am quite tired, and I think I'm about to drop over the keyboard >.<)
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alendara » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:01 am

There was no gallant entrance, nor bustling celebration waiting for the young pair as they pressed beneath the gates of the mighty Citadel Kyorl'Solenurn. Bodies crowded around them, footsteps echoing through the halls. Some broke off into conversation, making traffic jams of sorts at certain sections of the halls. A few children darted through, but not many- most Drowussu parents seemed to have the good mind to keep their offspring on a tight leash. It was a typical day for the citadel, but T'alisania could ask for nothing more.

Long robes swished with every elegant stride, her eyes locked firmly on the sights before her. She knew exactly where to head: Back to her family halls, and the presence of her mother. That was the person to turn such information in to, given the delicacy of the matter, and the fact that it had been she to assign the initial job in the first place. Despite the fact that all along this lengthy walk not a single soul turned to smile, wave, or exchange a passing word with her, T'al seemed quite unphased. Wardens were trained to control emotion...but this was odd, even for one of their ranks. She did not smile, nor shed a single tear- this was how things had always been, and how they would always be. That was one fate she could not change.

As they drew almost half-way there, however, she finally paused, thinking it best to ask something of her companion. It had been a while since they last talked...though she was glad that she'd already explained the note to him. It was best to get those things out of the way early on. Slowing to a stop, she gently turned and regarded him coolly, her pools of ocean blue staring up into those of the Templar.

"Alamandorious, I am curious about something, before we head back into my family's halls. It's nothing major just...is there anything you need to stop off at your own house's domain for? If you would like to part, and take a break you are more than welcome...your services have been quite wondrous today, and I've no idea whether or not I'll be dispatched again after I inform my mother of what I've found..."
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:39 pm

Alamandorious followed T'al through the halls, his well-tuned armor barely making a sound as he walked through the halls at a slightly reduced stride...after all, his companion was shorter than him, and thus he had to keep at her pace. He didn't begrudge her for it; he was used to making such considerations...there were few that matched his height, and fewer still that surpassed it. His long silver-streaked, well-tended white hair jostled slightly with every step, forcing him to run his fingers through it occasionally. Alamandorious's armored headband helped a great deal in reducing the nuissance of his chosen hairstyle, but was unable to prevent it completely.

When the Warden stopped and turned to regard him, his aqua eyes that had been harder than steel during the battle, returned to their former, warm and expressive state...a tropical breeze to her icy wind. He did not mind the cool tone she used; he just chalked it up to being part of her character.

"I would see my duty through to the end, Warden. Part of that is escorting you back to the halls of your family for you to make your report, and then waiting to see if I am still needed," he said, a warm, almost timid smile gracing his lips before being replaced by a light frown,"That is, of course, unless you wish to dismiss me at this particular time. It is your decision, after all...and whatever you decision may be...I will follow it."
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive