Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Kyorl'solenurn fortress

Postby Alendara » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:43 pm

"I see." Though no smile crossed her face, a slight kindness seemed to glitter in T'als eyes. "Then let us press on, Templar. I've no desire to dismiss a fellow servant of Sharess, if they have no desire to be dismissed. Come along." Straightening somewhat, she quickly turned upon her heel and resumed her glide down the halls, seeming now a bit more casual in her walk, as if some great stress had been stripped from atop her shoulders.

The trip was a fairly lengthy one, but in time they found themselves nearing the halls of the Shinidal family. However, unlike their first trip here, they now would fine the glittering entry to the place closed tight, barring the way to any further progression. T'al was unconcerned, though. Stepping softly towards the door, she levied three knocks upon its surface, waiting for some unknown recourse. A voice could be heard just barely whispering on the other side, and then a small slit opened up at just a little over eye level with the woman, and a pair of cold green eyes stared out.

"Name and b- oh, lady T'alisania. My apologies." The slit slid quickly shut once more, followed by a massive creaking. The doors squeaked as they were drawn apart, a guard standing at full attention to either side. Glancing back to Alamandorious, T'al motioned for him to follow once more, then passed within her family's halls.

A number of closed doors passed them by, before she turned a corner to stride on down another long corridor. There was just one room to either side of them the whole length down...and at the end, three guards waited before a third door, though it seemed no more elegant than any other. It was the family Matron's room: T'als mother, the head of the house. However, as she drew near, the guards bore a much less kindly reaction than those at the entrance.

One of the men turned to meet them, eyes sliding up and down the both of them, before locking his cold gaze solely upon her. "Business, milady T'alisania? The matron is quite busy. Perhaps now would not be the best time to...vex her?"

"It's urgent, Fa'kant'iel- regarding the Vloz'ress. Now move aside." Two glares met in the dim light of the hall, as fingers paled around a Naginata. There was a small bout of silence, and then with a sigh the man stepped aside, gesturing to the door.

"Please, be my guest, milady..."
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:45 pm

He bowed and nodded once,"I am at your service as always, Warden," he replied, before following her to her halls. He was moderately impressed with the security as they passed the double doors, although he would have had the slits be a bit narrower to prevent swords from sliding through.

Alamandorious passed through the halls with T'al, staying slightly behind her as a sign of respect. His thoughts wandered as they walked down the long corridors...too long, for his tastes...it would take a long time for staff and family to rally together to defend each other should the unthinkable occur...but, he supposed that such things were mean't to impress...and thanked Sharess that his family stayed out of politics as much as possible.

He found the guard at the entrance to the matrons chambers to be rude, his condensending tone towards T'al inexplicably raising the tall male's ire...although he quickly mastered and calmed his emotions. It would not do to speak his mind in the halls of someone else...nor would it be forgiveable if he re-arranged some of the facial features of the subject of his anger.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Alendara » Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:42 am

"And for that I...thank you, Templar." The whisper came out just under her breath, more meant as a note for her own mind, than as an uttered statement for him to hear. Such kind statements were things she was simply taught never to express. Afterall, emotion is just distraction. Those who are distracted can not be effective servants of the Goddess. Those who aren't effective in their duties...die. It was a simple ideal her house held quite dear to heart.

With little else as prelude, the wooden door to the house's matron was pushed open, shifting with a loud creak. T'al slid cautiously into the room, stopping as her eyes settled on the form of an elderly, though none-the-less beautiful elder of her household. The woman was bent over her simple desk as she normally was, scribbling away with her ornate quill.

"Hold on just a moment young ones- I'm just about done with something here." The old Drow called over her shoulder, seemingly unconcerned as to just who had wandered into her chambers. A few moments passed in which she continued to write...until at last she turned and rose, blue eyes warmly roaming over her guests. They lingered, however, upon Alamandorious rather than T'al. A smile played from cheek to cheek, and she bowed ever so slightly towards the male.

"Welcome to the halls of the Shinidal, young Templar. I understand you've been accompanying my daughter." Blue orbs shifted to meet another pair, one twinkling as the other dulled. T'al stood in silent respect before the woman, holding her naginata to herself in uniform order. Turning back to Alamandorious once more, the Matron folded her hands before her, seeming to exude an air of kindness. "My name is Eili'san'ara, Matron of Shinidal."
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:18 pm

Alamandorious followed T'al into the chamber, noting the wooden door with a bit of surprise...it must have cost quite a sum to have one this well-built...he'd seen relatively shoddy pieces of work going for a large amount. He took in his surroundings, and the woman at the desk...and was impressed at the simplicity of where she worked. Less distractions, and no need to demonstrate wealth...the Templar admired practicality.

As he was addressed by the Matron, he came to attention, a polite smile on his face in response to the kind words and expression the older woman wore. As she finished he bowed deeply, granting her the utmost respect as was her right. Out of the corner of his eye he noted T'al's posture, and was unable to read the Warden for the first time in awhile. Then, straightening, he nodded once in acknowledgement.

"I thank you for your kind welcome, Matron. Yes, it has been my privilege to work with your daughter. I am Alamandorious, and it is my honour to meet you, Matron," he replied, his deep voice respectful and kind,"She does your house much credit, in my opinion...she tirelessly works to enforce the will of the Goddess, and fulfill her duties as a Warden."

There was no lack of admiration in his tone, and clearly he believed every word he spoke.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Alendara » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:41 pm

The matron nodded slowly. "As it should be, Templar. As it should be. The Goddess is the light in a world of shadow...and it is always good to have such eager torch bearers." Then, with a friendly wink to Alamandorious, she levelled a bit of information that would probably surprise. "Oh, and I thank you for the respectful greeting Templar, but I already knew your name. Your house as well." T'al seemed unimpressed, her face as blank as ever.

Finally, the matron turned to her daughter, regarding her inquisitively. "I presume the mission is done, then?"

"Yes, mother matron." She addressed the woman in the proper manner required when visitors were present. The elderly Drowussu seemed unconcerned with such things though...her eyes, they seemed to pierce far deeper than a normal woman's.

"You found something, yes? Please, give me the full report." At that, Warden T'alisania immediately and respectfully started into a full descrption of the events that had transpired. Various expressions played across her mother's face- from smiles to frowns, wrinkles and pursed lips. Not once did she seem displeased or angry, though at times there were almost hints of...disappointment. When at last the story came to its end, she seemed to withdraw within herself for a moment, eyes closing that she might reflect on all the information given. T'al reached out to hand her the note taken from the Vloz'ress's corpse.

"This was the note I spoke of, mother matron. It indicates a plot to assassinate a Songstress noble, which has been already carried out."

The matron's sweet eyes opened, and she gently took the parchment in one delicate hand. "I see. This is dark news you've uncovered, though I am proud of your work. Truly, both of you are credits to the Lady Sharess." There was a pause at the Goddess's name, followed by a soft whisper of "Sharess bless them." Behind her, torches flickered, the only source of light within the dark room...aside from one solitary window on the east wall. A desk, an armoire, and a bed, this was all the furniture she held...or likely, she would have asked her guests to have a seat. The Templar had been right, this was certainly the home of simplicity, and practicality.

"And you, Templar Alamandorious," she said, turning to meet the boy's gaze, "have you anything to add to this report, or any questions on your mind?" Her piercing eyes seemed to burrow into the depths of his orbs, though it was not a truly invasive feeling.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:26 pm

Alamandorious blushed slightly. Of course, it was more than likely word had gotten back to the Matron and if she hadn't already known of him and his house, she would have made discreet inquiries. After all, it did well to know who the members of your House were dealing with.

He stood straight but slightly at ease as T'al recounted the events, not taking too much of an interest as he had bore witness and, indeed, had been a part of them himself. The only interest that -was- present was in hearing her perception of the battle and what followed. It was pretty much the same as his, except for small, unimportant inconsistancies that would come from not seeing exactly how his portion of the battle went. After all, T'al was paying more attention to the foe she had been facing at the time.

When he was addressed, he blinked and almost came to attention, so suddenly startled by a demand for his account of the events. Alamandorious had expected that the Matron would be satisfied with the recounting her daughter had given, but then he remembered that assuming things was generally a bad practice. Clearing his throat, he shook his head lightly as his warm orbs of aqua returned the Matron's inquisitive gaze without flinching...he had nothing to hide, nothing to worry about.

"I have nothing of significance to add, Matron," he replied, again bowing respectfully,"Only that I would hope never to anger your daughter and be on the wrong end of her naginata," he added, his lips quirking upwards slightly in silent humour.

Humour was part of his nature...it only dawned on him after he spoke that, perhaps, humour was not called for in this situation.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Alendara » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:46 pm

There was a dramatic lull in spoken word for a moment...and then a smile spread once more across the matron's face. The smile parted, and sweet, song-like laughter fluttered from between her lips. It was gone swift enough, but it had the lovely after effect of disarming any intensity to the air. This was not an interrogation, after all- it was a pleasent conversation between members of the Kyorl'Solenurn.

"No, I suppose not. She always was vicious with it, but then she learned from one of the best our house had to offer." T'al's stare seemed to harden somewhat at this remark, becoming somewhat cold, opposed to emotionless. Her mother did not seem to notice. "But this too is the will of the Goddess. We can not defend her if we can not fight. We all live by that ideal, correct?" It was a question she did not really intend to have answered. Turning on her heel, she turned her backs to her guests and proceeded casually back to her desk, scooping up a piece of parchment. Gently she rolled it, and pressed it with her house's seal, before turning back to the pair.

"The note you collected, and the information gathered I shall report to my fellow Matrons, and to the Judicators. Until then...I do think you two should get some rest. I'm sure you're weary after such a long day." Smiling once more, she stepped forward and to Alamandorious, extending the hand with the note in it, out to the boy. "Please Templar, take this to your Matron. I'm sure she'll be pleased to see it." With that, and nothing more, she turned to her daughter. The young warden seemed displeased to be dismissed so readily. "Something wrong, T'alisania?"

"I would much prefer another mission, mother mat-"

"I'm afraid that's just not possible. I can understand your frustration," she shook her head, stepping softly towards her daughter, "but we all need our rest. The mind is strong, but the flesh is soft. It can only endure so much in a day."
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:01 pm

Alamandorious was a bit relieved when his humour was recieved as it was intended. He blinked suddenly when the note was handed to him, his expression turning grim,"I will see that she gets it the moment I return to my family halls," he said, bowing once to the Matron.

He didn't looks surprised when T'al expressed her desire to go on another mission, and didn't seem overly surprised that her mother disallowed her. He felt a bit...disappointed, that his time with T'al was coming to an end. Although he had left it open for her to call upon him, he wondered if she would. Still, that was something to think about another time. Almost as if by magic, Alamandorious felt the weight of the day crash down upon him. The adrenaline that had been keeping him going finally left his system, leaving him feeling more than a little tired.

"With the permission of the Warden and the Matron, I will take my leave and carry out the final part of the days mission," he said, reaching a hand up to his eyes and softly rubbing them with his thumb and index finger, his eyes closed for the moment,"Your words are wise, Matron...I feel mentally alert, but I am afraid my body is taxed at the moment."
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Alendara » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:10 pm

With a curt nod of her head, the elderly Kyorl gave Alamandorious his parting words. "You are excused, Templar. I trust your matron will very much enjoy the contents of that note." Then, with a wink she added, "No peeking, now." For such a wise, mature member of the clan's upper echelon, the woman was surprisingly kind and caring, seeming to surge with the motherly qualities her house was greatly unknown for. After all, there house were followers of the fanatical Ky'ovaerde...they were killers, not lovers.

T'al glanced to Alamandorious, somewhat wishing him to stay...but she would say nothing of it. It was his choice to leave, and besides, she was being sent off to bed anyways. She was being treated like a child. Turning her gaze back to her mother, her blue eyes narrowed somewhat, though in truth she wasn't really angered with her mother. The other woman knew it, too.

"I will take my leave as well then, mother matron."

"Very well T'alisania...but check back here when you awaken. I'm sure my fellows will have gotten back to me on the note by then."

A little smalltalk- parting words- followed this, but for all purposes the conversation was at an end. Heading out the door a few moments later, T'al proceeded to the end of the hall, heading after a departing Alamandorious. Behind her, the guards at her mother's door began to whisper.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:22 pm

Alamandorious felt the weight of his armor; he still had the energy to move, but without the adrenaline he had had earlier combat was very nearly out of the question. Still, he didn't let it show; his movements were still filled with purpose as ever. He still had one last duty to perform, before he could finally rest...not that he minded the reason why he had been denied rest thus far.

His ears seemed to twitch of their own accord when he heard the approach of a familiar pair of feet behind him. Pausing in mid stride, nearly 3/4's of the way back to the entrance now, he turned to face the approaching T'al with a bit of curiousity. He stood up straighter as well, and signs of fatigue disappeared from his expression...although the strain this caused was somewhat visible behind his aqua eyes...far too used to showing his moods to provide adequate cover.

"Can I be of further service, Warden T’alisania?" he asked once she caught up. He wasn't certain if she was approaching him with a purpose or not, but the question was a neutral and perhaps expected one.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Alendara » Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:11 am

Blue eyes studied the Templar's weary face. His lack of adrenaline was more than apparent, and he even seemed to be gathering some bags beneath his eyes. That was of little concern to her though. He had truly earned this break, for he had fought hard through the day's battles. Three Vloz'ress had fallen to his blade alone...and that was definitely a commendable feat. Finally coming to a halt a few feet from him, the girl bowed ever-so-slightly, in respect for him.

"No, not really Templar. I just wanted to thank you for your assistance today. You did fine work." She rose back up to her full height, which of course had little effect here, given how Alamandorious towered over her. "I just wanted you to know that, and that if I've ever any need of further assistance on a mission I...know who to call on. Now, I suppose I'll let you get back to your own halls now. Farewell Alamandorious, may the Sharess bless your dreams." Another tip of the head, and she was wandering off, pausing only to hear the man's replies, and to respond with any further farewells.

After leaving Alamandorious, T'al casually strode back to her personal quarters, shedding her armor as she stepped through the room. She would clean the mess up in the morning. Her naginata, however, she laid gently beside her bed, along with her bag of sealing gems. From there she collapsed into her bed, soon vanishing beneath her heavy sheets. From there, it was just a matter of time before dreams claimed her.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:09 am

Alamandorious nodded once, clearly pleased with the Warden's words. It seemed to revitalize him a little bit as he returned her bow, a tad more deeply than her own had been,"I thank you, Warden. If you need me, I will ever be ready to fight by your side," he murmured, straightening and smiling down at the female,"May Sharess bless yours in turn, Warden T’alisania."

Then, turning back to the exit, he made his way out. No further words were truly needed...small talk could wait for another day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The household guards opened the doors for him, greeting Alamandorious with a slight nod. He returned the gesture, offering them a slight smile as he passed through the doorway. His armored footsteps echo'd lightly along the floor, the main entry hall as silent as ever. The torches were dimmer than the last time he had come in through, bringing it to home just how long he'd been out today.

To think, he had been out for some relaxation only to get caught up in two different events. Such was the busy life of a Templar, he guessed...at least, one that did not try to escape duty when it called. Still, he did not mind...it was infinitely fulfilling to do the work of the goddess, something that would never change.

When he went through the large doorway into the main living area of his halls, he wasn't the least bit surprised to see his older sister dressed in her red silk night dress (her one extravagence) leaning against a wall, waiting for him. Her eyes sparkled a tad mischievously as he approached, and he mentally braced himself.

"My my my, aren't we coming back late? Perhaps you spent a little extra time with the Warden after your mission, brother dear?" she said, her voice containing the same mischief as her expression.

Alamandorious shook his head, turning more than a tad red in the cheek. He had expected a remark, but nothing like that,"N-no, sister! It was just a lengthy mission, that's all!" he said, stumbling a bit over his words, mentally groaning as that made him sound even -more- guilty.

His sister gave a slight chuckle, shaking your head,"Relax, brother dear. I know nothing of the sort happened...you'd more than likely faint if someone showed that level of interest in you," she teased, making him groan a bit with annoyance. Then, all humour left her,"How did the mission proceed?"

"It went well. I slew three Vloz'ress Mercenaries while the Warden dealt with a Scourge. She wields her weapon well, and she carries her duty with conviction."

A light smile briefly passed over the female's lips for a moment, but it passed quickly,"I assume, then, you're done for the day?"

Alamandorious nodded slightly,"I have only to deliver a note to our Mother concerning a recent discovery. Do you know where she is, sister?"

"She's currently in her study, although she asked not to be disturbed unless it was an emergency."

Alamandorious sighed a bit,"Still in her study...she was there when I left. Sometimes I think she works too hard...but it must be something urgent if she's spending so much time with it."

"I will take the note to her. She's more likely to answer the door if it is me than you, little brother. And she's not likely to punish me for an interruption," she murmured, holding her hand out to accept the note.

Without hesitation he handed the note to his older sister, knowing full well that she was perfectly trustworthy when it came to serious matters. He just wished that she wouldn't tease him so much when it came to more...personal matters,"Very well...I thank you, sister."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alamandorious watched his sister knock on the door at the very end of the upstairs hall before slipping inside his own room. This was the way it always was; his mother was always busy with one task or another, and he never really got to see her. T'alisania's mother had been so...different. It was unusual to the male to see a Matron that was so warm...but it wasn't an unpleasent thing.

His room, painted dark colours, was as neat and tidy as ever. He removed his armor and sword and placed them in their storage cabinets, switching into a loose black silk shirt and matching pants. Pulling back the simple white sheets of his rather plain bed, he lied down on the mattress and lied his head down on his pillow.

Briefly, just before sleep claimed him, his sisters greeting words passed through his mind, this time his brain providing a brief mental image. Blushing fiercely, he practically cucooned himself in his blankets.

"Stupid sister..." he muttered, just as sleep overcame him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the study, his older sister stood before their mother, waiting as the Matron read over the note with a light scowl. With a slightly sour look, the serious-looking drowussu woman went over to her plain wooden desk and quickly wrote down a note.

"In the morning, get Alamandorious to take this reply to House Shindal (OOC: hoping I get that part right). Tell him that he is to make himself available for whatever course of action is to be taken concerning this event."

"Yes mother Matron," replied the younger female, her face and tone serious.

Wearily, the older woman light rubbed the bridge of her nose, a long sigh escaping her,"How is the boy doing, anyway, Sinis'tral?"

"He is doing very well...although I think his interest in the Warden he worked with is a little more than a professional one."

A small smirk briefly passed over the Matron's lips,"Oh really? It's about time...the boy is so far behind socially it's sad. Although I doubt it will go further than interest; he's like his father in that regard...or rather, how he was when he was young."

Sinis'tral smiled a small smile, happy that her mother found as much amusement in the situation as her. The moment was brief, however, and a few moments later the Matron sat back down at her desk and resumed her work.

"You may leave, daughter. Thank you for bringing the note."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Gelorn » Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:39 pm

((I dont know why people go on holidays as much as they do... they are such a pain to organise for... 1 week down the drain just keeping the house in line whilst my parents away and Ill be going up to meet them tomorow and wont be back until the followign tuesday... which means no me for that time... which shouldnt make too much of a difference to what I do normally...))

As the two followers of the Sharess slept the dreams that normally visit them did not come, nor the unconsiousness that normally comes when ones body shuts down. Instead both felt themselfs in an empty space with nothing around that could be seen, not even their fellow servant. Then, the sound of a birds song singing out thorughout the void. Suddenly before the two a beutiful bird appeared singing its song happily throughout the darkness.

This went on for a bit, until something that all warriors that fight in the name of the goddess know all too well. Swarms of demons came, slowly dessending on the bird as it sang. However, the bird noticed what approached it and started to change the tune of its song, yet nothing happened. The bird then once again changed the tune of its song, yet still had no effect on the slow movving mass of demons approaching it.

The bird changed the tune of its song several more times, still getting no results, until the bird started looking exsaugsted. Just then, a pair of drow hands reached out to the birds beak and grabbed both parts of its beack with its hands, clamping the birds mouth shut. Ofcourse the bird tried to resist the hands and tried to get away so that it could sing again, but tried in vain. All this time the demons continued to decend on the bird.

However, a couple of seconds before the demons reached the bird, the hands holding the birds mouth closed suddenly let go of the beak, freeing the bird. Almost an instant after ths happened two wolves materialised out of the darkness, both of them sinking their teeth into the the arms, one wolf on one arm, and looked as if they were fighting with the arms as to prevent them to once again close the birds mouth.

Yet the bird took this chance and once again sang out again, once again using a different tune then before, yet this time the demons were effected. Stopping suddenly the demons all suddenly shaking and shkreaming out in pain as the bird continued to sing its song. Then, the demons dissapeared leaving drow in their place.

After all that, the void started to become bright again as the two servants started to awake, leaving the image of the two wolves and the bird behind. Yet, just before returning to full consiousness a voice could be heard yelling "Mal'lisa Illhardro... are you alright... MAL'LISA!!!"
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Alendara » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:25 am

T'al woke with a start, bolting upright in bed. Covers flew and hair went wild, but soon she held a curved dagger close at hand, her bloodshot eyes roaming the darkness for any sign of attack. Almost at once she realized where she was, however- the citadel of her clan, far from the dangers of the outside world. She would find no Demons here, nor rebels to the Sharess's teaching. Blade lowering, she breathed a soft sigh of relief.

What the dream meant? What was it's purpose? Why had the Goddess sent it to her? There were many questions one could ask at such a time, and hers was swiftly racing to cover them all. Then, suddenly, the dreams parting word came fluttering through her mind. Mal'lisa. Mal'lisa Illhardro...the spellsong dead by the Vloz'ress' hands. She felt a small shudder run up her spine. For whatever reason, this was obviously very important. She would have to ask her mother about it later. For now, she merely sat, staring at the world through heavy eyes.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:10 pm

Alamandorious woke up with a start, his eyes wide as he sat up suddenly in his bed. A thin sheen of sweat soaked his brow, causing him to reach up and wipe it with the back of his hand. Then, rubbing the bridge of his nose, he blinked a few times to clear away the cobwebs of sleep so he could think clearly.

"That dream...that dream had meaning," he murmured, stumbling to his feet and walking over to a small study table. Waving his hand to ignite the small wax candle on the corner of the desk, he sat down and pulled out a piece of parchment and dipped his quill in a nearby ink well.

He wrote out the exact details of the dream as he could remember them, his long flowing script as precise as the way he wielded his blade. His black silk clothes clung to his body in places because of the sweat, the feel of the fabric sometimes peeling away from his skin causing him a minor annoyance.

Finally, after a few minutes, he finished his account of the dream...perhaps vision. It could be nothing; it could simply be something his unconcious mind had come up with because of the events detailed in the note...however, it felt like something more. Deciding he would consult someone in the morning, he slipped back into his bed to try to recover as much sleep as he could, idly waving at the candle on the table to extinguish it.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive