Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Kyorl'solenurn fortress

Chel'el'sussoloth- Kyorl'solenurn fortress

Postby Gelorn » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:57 am

-Description-
The Kyorl'solenurn temple and fortress, the lair of the mysterious and fanatical drowussu clan. This fortress itself is a temple, welcoming the drowussu citizens who wish to pray or ask for wisdom from the wardens. Due to their crusade for purity, nearly only drowussu lurk within these walls, and tainted who go in, never come back alive. This terrible reputation the clan has built is the best protection it could ever hope for.

-Atmosphere-
As you head for the temple you feel belief, belief of the goddess from the templars and priestess inside the temple, belief from the building itself as it was built to honour and worship the goddess, belief. But as you approach the temple its is as if someone is watching over you, you cant describe it but it doesnt feel like drow eyes are watching you though...

Note: To get here you need to go through the gate and wall that surround the Drowssu section of the city. Other then that same story as the Vel'Sharen clan.
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Vergil » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:13 am

A man wearing a black robe walks slowly towards the gate.as he come closer to the gate it amost looked like a shadow floting along the ground came closer and closer then the shadow stoped at the base of the gate and slowly he rose his hand and noaked on the gate three srot sharp raps on the gate then he floted back a few paces and waited
Vergil
Nether Seed

Postby Segzhan » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:15 am

((Vergil, you need to be approved if you want to RP.))
Segzhan
Culinary Genius

Location: The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Gelorn » Sat May 27, 2006 6:21 am

((Comming from the black dragon))

Selun'selessia and Korlin walked towards the gates of the temple deicated to the sharess for the drowssu that also doubled as the Kyorl fortress. However before entering the two looked behind them and looked apon/ waited for the remaining of the templars and wardens that followed them, or should of in any case...
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Alamandorious » Mon May 29, 2006 10:13 pm

OOC: Erm...I'm waiting for Alendra, since I'm technically following her character ^^ Just letting you know I'm still active and watching ^^
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Alendara » Tue May 30, 2006 3:31 am

Through the glittering streets of Chel'el'sussoloth, T'alisania followed in silence. Her eyes poured over the contents of the Demonologist's book, sucking in all the information it had to offer. She would have smiled, if she remembered how. Perhaps it was not much, but any tome of the Vloz'ress's musings were boons to her own grey-skinned brethren. Their scholar could pour over it, relay the information held within to their leaders, and the Goddess would shine down upon them, aid their future endeavors against the heathen. Her mind trailed off into distant thoughts, thoughts that kept her eyes from focusing on the paths before her.

With a soft thump, she collided with Korlin as he came to a sudden halt. She had unconciously begun to follow in his footsteps, subconcious cues from her youth, when her cousin had walked with her as her blade. Guard always in front, to take the blows- the Warden, far too precious. She blinked, stumbled back, mumbled an apology, and looked to Selun'selessia with a rather exasperated expression. She didn't know quite what to say- her skills were in duties, not the spoken word.

She snapped the tome shut, cupped it between her paling fingertips, and shifted to her right side. She leaned on her naginata, using it as support. Both her rescuers were staring at her, because of her silly little error. Had she been anything less than a Warden, she would have blushed and turned away. As it was she stood firm, though her gaze lowered from their own. She glanced back nervously to the others, hoping to use them as a distraction.

"Hurry up, we haven't got all day. The Citadel is so near..." Weak words, but she didn't care. She just wished to hurry inside as swiftly as possible, make her reports, and get her next mission from her mother. Back to the whispers, back to the rumors, back to the sorrow, all because of her past. Oh Goddess, what is your will?
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Postby Alamandorious » Tue May 30, 2006 1:06 pm

OOC: Alright! Let's see if I can get this right...a little rusty ^^;;

Alamandorious was following less than two feet behind and slightly to the left of T'al, his oddly long stride allowing his cloak to billow gently in the artificial breeze created by his motion. The Drowussu's left hand never left his pebble-pouch, his senses fully extended to the area immediately surrounding the party. He had taken up position as rearguard, the Warden's front suitably guarded by others...having no weapon but his magic, the newly minted Templar was at a disadvantage in front-on confrontations...at the very least he could shield the Warden from behind with his body should conflict break out.

However, as they got closer and closer to the temple, it seemed less and less likely that there would be any form of battle...he did not drop his guard, however...and was unfortunately looking the other way moments before T'al collision with another Drowussu. He turned his head sharply forward at the sound of a soft thumb, but was visibly relieved when he saw what had transpired. Alamandorious tried to preserve the Warden's dignity by looking in another direction, as if he had simply stopped when he had heard her halt.

Alamandorious blinked and looked towards T'al when she spoke, nodding once,"I apologize for my tardiness, Warden...I will not be so slow in the future," he replied, bowing his head in apology.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Gelorn » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:46 am

The templar and warden pair looked apon the other pair, Korlin with a bit of an annoyance and Selun trying very hard to not laugh, before turning around again without comment and knocking on the temple doors. However, when they knocked they recieved no announcement asking who it was, just the doors opening for them, allowing them inside.

Without hesitation both Korlin and Selun'selessia entered and lead the way though the temple for the others to follow, leading the group towards an Inquisitors room deep inisde the fortress.
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Alendara » Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:39 am

In truth, T'alisania actually felt a little sorry for snapping at the Templar like that. She shouldn't have tried to divert attention from her by snapping at another- it just wasn't right. As Korlin and Selun began the march again, she lingered for a moment, face wrinkling slightly with a look that said both sorry and thank you, all reserved for Alamandorious. Then, without warning she turned on her heel, and started after the pair leading the way. Torches and bodies past them by, some stopping to salute or bow, whilst others simply smiled and nodded as they walked on by. Templars, Crusaders, Wardens- there was a multitude in the halls of the fortress, and all seemed kind enough to one of their own. She, however, proceeded on with a blank face, not once acknowledging any gesture with more than a nod. Wardens were supposed to be without emotion.

As they wandered, the place seemed to grow intimately more familiar. Deeper and deeper they wandered- the unfamiliar faces of commoners giving more frequently away to noble and familiar faces- men and women that deserved true respect. She did not know where they were travelling, but she followed none the less, figuring Selun had wished to report the day's events to someone more important then they.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

'Tis nothing

Postby Alamandorious » Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:50 pm

The young, newly minted Templar took everything in stride...he had understood the reason for the Warden's snap, and wasn't about to let it bother him. He appreciated the look of apology and thanks, and it showed, but a slight curving of his lips and the slightest shake of his head was his reply; an indication that T'al shouldn't worry about the situation. It truly amazed Alamandorious sometimes how much communication there could be without words.

Then, as T'al turned on her heel, he quietly followed after her, resuming his former position until they were safely inside the fortress gates. As the group entered the fortress....home....the Templar felt a sense of relief, truly grateful that the group was back amongst kin. He stepped past the Warden, moving in front of her a few paces to ensure her path was clear. It wasn't overly difficult a task; most knew well enough to stay clear. However, amongst the crowds there were always a few that would not be paying full attention to their surroundings, but a stern look from the tall Drowussu was enough to move them back.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Gelorn » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:46 am

Finally, the group stopped infront of a door in the dormitories for the inquisitors. However, before going straight in Selun first turned to her comrades before saying "Just a word of warning, we are about ot meet an Inquisitor so just be prepared. Though I dont think either of you should have any problems right?"

As soon as Selun finished speaking, not giving T'al or Alamandorious any time to respond to the carefree warden, Korlin opened the door infront of them and walked in, followed by Selun. Inside, the room was rather bare with the only things in it being a bed, desk and chair, wardrobe and a bookshelf filled with books aout the goddess and the city. However inside the room, sitting on the bed, sat a gril who looked a little younger then Selun dressed in Inquisitor robes, who before T'al even entered the room turned her head to the warden and said "You have something you feel of great importance..."
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Alendara » Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:36 pm

"Of course, it's-" T'al frowned as she was cut off, her words trailing as Korlin pressed open the door. She was not a big speaker, but that was one thing she hated: being interrupted. Even so, she merely clicked her tongue and took it in stride, following them in silence through the doorway. Blue orbs flicked about the bare room, taking it all in, and noting the resemblances to her own room. Simplicity incarnate- one needn't all the fancier things that so lined the rooms of the Drowolath nobles. She snorted at the thought- Arion had been the only one of his kind that she had ever remotely brought herself to "like".

She froze suddenly, the Inquisitor's words echoing through her head. She had heard of the abilities of the Inquisitors before, like anyone else, though she'd never the pleasure of working with one. Nodding, she finally bade herself to speak. "Yes, yes I do Inquisitor." She stepped forward and held out the tome pressed between her elegant digits. "A tome I took from a Noble Vloz'ress Demonologist...apparently his journal and observations and such." She straightened herself into a more calm, and respectable pose.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Hmmm

Postby Alamandorious » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:15 pm

OOC: Didn't know if I was ever going to get to reply; been fighting a trojan all day...managed to kill the sucker, though ^^ Yay me! As it stands, due to work and other annoyances, I only have time to shoot of a quicky.

Alamandorious stepped aside, letting T'al in first. After all, it was her that had the business with the Inquisitor. He himself was completely calm and worry-free; he was loyal, knew his duty, and knew his place. He moved into the room behind T'al and quietly shut the door, doing his best to limit interruption to the proceedings. The Templar stood with his back against the door, more of his attention and senses focused beyond it, alert to any attempts to evesdrop upon the proceedings.

Alamandorious didn't pay too much attention to what was being said, keeping his ear cocked in case he was addressed and nothing more.
Alamandorious
Brother-Captain

Postby Gelorn » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:53 pm

The inquisitor did not move from her seat on the bed when the book was held out to her. Instead, she spoke once again saying "Very well. If you do not mind I wish to give the book to a judicator later this evening when I meet him, unless you ahve some other plans for the book?"The last words said in a tone as if it was a normal conversation, however the feeling of the inquisitor almost testing the wardens loyalty to the clan and goddess...

((Sorry for it being short, after Alendara posts I will post a longer, more interactive psot))
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Alendara » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:49 am

T'al seemed horrified at the mere mention of keeping the book for herself. It was the Goddess' will that guided her to it in the first place, and if the Judicators could use it to advance the cause of the Kyorl'solenurn clan, then she would never hold back from them! She shook her head and thrust the book out once again, as if a sign of her innocence on the matter. No one could accuse her of such things- she was a dilligent Warden, and her family was known for its efficiency in service to the Goddess.

"No of course not, Inquisitor. I have no reason to keep such a thing, when the Judicators could use it for the betterment of our clan- and the weakening of the vile Vloz'ress." The term Vloz'ress tasted of ashes as it rolled across her tongue. So many dead because of that one clan. So many killed because of their demonic path. So many killed before her eyes. Her thoughts flickered back- back to her sister and her blade, warding off the Vloz'ress, that she and the few others might escape. She saw the image of the Berserker rending her blade asunder, and the cold, empty eye-sockets of her sister's body, when it was returned to the citadel.

She felt like retching, for the first time in several years.
Alendara
Nether Spawn

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive