Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Kyorl'solenurn fortress

Re: Chel'el'sussoloth- Kyorl'solenurn fortress

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:42 am

"May Sharess bless our fallen, they fought for a worthy cause. Though easily preventable, it was not due to some mistakes from the leadership. But it was not too long ago since Raveran's former Judicator was deposed of. It is good though, and a miracle, for this tainted plight to halt before it reaches the Surface. If anything we must keep the demon spawn below the stone, both in Chel'el'sussoloth and all the Underworld." Her eyes flashed dangerously as memories stirred in her from the Nidraa'chal war.

Wae'rah listened patiently to Gaul's story, it was a familiar one. The same template for many other Kyorls, different names, but usually the same place and time. That fated Nidraa'chal war robbed many. A note of surprise crossed her face, three children with one longterm mate? The soft surprise faded and Wae'rah paused a little to let the information soak into the air.

But at the mention of Dutan'vir...Wae'rah instinctively twitched, her eyes widening slightly. Of all the chance and fate of this world, Sharess be blessed. Clearing her throat and adopting a softer tone, Wae'rah spoke in her silvery tones.

"Sharess has surely blessed you Templar Gaul by guiding me to you. I am the head tutor of most of the former Dutan'vir children that were absorbed into our clan. And coincidentally, I acted as ambassador for our clan to the Dutan'vir for nearly 50 years up until Sannindi's death. I know of Morrigan Dutan'vir but I was not aware she was with child."

She looked curiously at the male in front of her. She continued, her tone and expression softening even more, her gaze drifting to the sights above the wall guarding the fortress, keen not to meet Gaul's eyes.

"The children that came were adjusted by our empaths...cleansed from any impurity or terrible memory they may have gathered. They are given a new identity, a new start from the flames that scarred their life." Memories...Wae'rah walking into the Dutan'vir fortress, selecting the children to be saved.... "It would be difficult to find your daughter if she made it here. As for Morrigan...I can not say, many of the noble Dutan'vir blood did not survive to defend their fortress. Many perished on the field of battle, others were enslaved, many have faded to the shadows of Chel'el'sussoloth."

Pausing for breath, Wae'rah continued to avoid his eyes, they were too familiar. She had stared at a pair much like them in the mirror sixteen years before. Est'ok. A haunting image.

"Perhaps Sharess has saved her if her pride carried her away from us. She may be with the Sarghress, there are rumors that the Sarghress have taken to scooping up our tainted and corrupted as well as fallen Dutan'vir."
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby django » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:00 pm

He couldn't believe his luck today, the former tutor of the Dutan'vir child and the former ambassador to the Dutan'vir sitting across from him. Thank you Goddess, maybe there is hope yet. He listened quietly as this poor woman talked about what is no doubt a painful subject for her... and it showed. He felt terrible for her and blamed himself for bringing up terrible memories she has to relive.

Wae'rah even heard of Morrigan! What were the odds. It felt like everything was lining up for him, until she told him she wasn't aware of her being with child. Gaul thought about the Morrigan... maybe the child was a still born or a miscarriage. That troubled him deeply.

He remembered looking for her a after the war but didn't find anything and was too emotional to stay focus at the time. If she didn't get here after the war, he may never see her again or the child. "I didn't expect to find Morrigan... I tried that and if she didn't get here on her own..." he paused for a second and could bear to say it himself that shes gone too. "I wouldn't know what I would do or say if I did find the child... I dont even know her name, I..." Gaul let out a slow sigh.

After a moment of silence, Gaul nudged Wae'rah with his elbow. "You wanna grab a coffee* and talk about some good memories?" He said with a small smile, trying to brighten her mood... and his.

*Or what ever they drink in the underground.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Pariel » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:34 pm

"Hm, the same demon infested dump as the last time." the shaven-headed templar muttered upon walking once more the path towards the fortress of Chel'el'sussuloth. It was bigger than his native Raveran outpost, and better decorated, but it seemed that the grime of the city of lights had rubbed on said institution.

Dumah fumbled on his armor, rereading the letter. Yup. It seemed that -someone- had answered his request for a partner. This could be interesting, in a very horrible way of sorts. Given his reputation, only a newbie warden or an extremely desperate one would normally call the services of... someone like Dumah. The elders rarely liked his attitude whatsoever. That's why they had kept him bouncing from place to place. He scratched his head as he furrowed, before nodding to the scowling guards, and entering.

Maybe some refreshment was needed. He strode towards a suitable place, although he wished this was downtown, full of cheeky lath's who were much more lively than these lot. Although, this wasn't bereft of benefit. He wouldn't be milked out of his dimished ada for once.

"Now where's that ...woman?" He pondered, taking a seat.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:38 pm

Wae'rah heaved a heavy sigh. She went through wardens like flies; obviously the ones that had served beside her lacked the necessary faith and so involved themselves in a matter of accidents. Templars were being gathered left and right, however, and the clan was recalling its forces in Chel. Once Shimi'lande withdrew the Kyorl'solenurn clan from Greater Chel'el'sussoloth, issues with the Sharen have been brewing ever since. As she walked, Wae'rah tensely rubbed her temples.

"Not yet sixteen years, and another war dawns upon us all."

Being without a templar was out of the question...yet to find a templar tough enough to deal with Wae'rah was near impossible. She had put in a request at the earliest convenience, not noting the snickering as she got her message. Dumah. Was he at the gates? No his physical description would have...ah. Wae'rah's eyes found the male lounging around.

Marching up to him, Wae'rah circled the table facing him.

"Templar Dumah?"
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Pariel » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:49 pm

Dumah shifted in his chair, rubbing his scalp as he heard the feminine voice on his back. He rose his sight slowly, scanning the source of said call, maybe lingering a little too much in the robes around her figure. Heh, not half bad, not half bad. It doesn't like a newbie or a brat. He thought as he stared in her eyes.

"That'd be me, Warden. Are you the one who called for my presence?" He asked, a hint of cynism in his voice. Maybe she's the all encompassing controlling bitch type? The type that tears through templars like ragged toys? He then added. "Given my service record I do have to warn you. Are you sure you do want me? You could probably get some of them younger, or more...scarless." He chuckled.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby django » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:45 pm

'Its almost time to go home.' the more he kept telling himself that, the more it bothered him that he was leaving his daughter. 'Why should it bother him? Hes just a male, nobody expects him to do anything about raising. They just met two weeks ago, she did not need him around...

Earlier that week Gaul asked Wae'rah if they could cut their temporary partnership off earlier then planned. He wanted to spend what time he had here with his daughter. Goddess bless her Wae'rah's soul that she allowed him to. Had things been different Gaul may have stayed here in Chel and taken Wae as a more permanent warden but Raven is his new home.

As he exited the room and walked down the stairs, he saw Wae'rah meeting another Templar. Probably the new guy she requested. "Greetings Wae'rah, It's good to see you again." He nodded and touched his tattoo on his fore head. "Greetings Templar."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:26 pm

"Young,....scarless?"

Wae'rah gave a little mirthless chuckle as she sized him up and down with her eyes before pulling up a seat in front of him. She gestured for drinks for the both of them and then turned over back to him.

"Your track record precedes you Templar Dumah, as does most templars of Val'Raveran. I have come to a utmost preference for them, less fanatical in many respects...they keep their goals in mind without unnecessarily distractions like mixed bloods. They know truth, they have but a better understanding of the will of Sharess. But yes, templar, it was I that called you to service."

The tankards of mushroom beer were set before them and Wae'rah took a gratuitous swig.

"We are centralizing our forces....calling back our forces slowly but surely. You would have been put to service regardless."

Before Dumah could reply, Gaul made his presence known, a smile flitted over her face.

"Greetings templar, I trust your daughter is both safe and in good health? My lack of a Blade is troubling at times...a new request practically every moon turn." She sighed before continuing. "This is my new templar, perhaps my permanent one if Sharess blesses, Templar Gaul meet Templar Dumah. I trust you two know each other alrady."
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Pariel » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:04 pm

"I do wonder about that... it's rather odd to have asked for someone who has killed his last warden because of heresy to be labelled less than fanatical. Although on the matter of halfbreeds I might have sired them." Dumah mused, taking a generous swig for his ale. "But I do see your point, you're trying to label yourself as the lesser evil."

He gave a chuckle as he raised his ale to the warden. "And I like that kind of person. Straight to the point without unnecesary babble about the holy nature of Sharess bosoms... And inviting me to beer... it looks certainly a bit too good to be true." He smirked.

He then casted a sideglance to the newcomer, he was expected to answer him, wasn't he? He made a half assed attempt to touch his own forehead and simply replied. "hey. No, I don't think i've ever met him." He then addressed Wae'rah. "Well i think we have a self-demonstrating example, warden. Someone is trying to get on your side."

He paused. "I don't mind, but if you're going to go lovey dovey, might as well order another ale."
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby django » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:10 am

"A little shaken up from her first time with blood shed but shes doing well and has continued her training." Gaul smiled back at Wae'rah glad to see doing well since they departed a few days ago. "I see, well I am glad you've found someone. Now I don't have to feel so guilty about leaving you without a partner."

Gaul thought on that for a moment "Dumah... Dumah. No I don't think we have meet." he said as he turned to Durham. Gaul cant say he really liked the attitude he gave him.

Times like this Gaul was glad he wasn't in his seventies or he might have had something rude to say, "Sure why not, I'm not due to meet my kid in a couple of hours any how."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:37 am

Wae'rah looked pointedly at her new warden, the shadow of a grin playing across her face.

"Lesser evil? I rather be labeled as the greater one when it comes to our precious tainted..."

Chugging down the rest of her beer (in a very unladylike manner), Wae'rah slammed the tankard back down on the table and her face hardened slightly. She cast an appraising look over Dumah, as she began calculating the risks and benefits of having such a temperamental templar at her side.

"How aware are you of the escalating tensions in Chel'el'sussoloth? You are no longer in Val'Raveran where the pure Illhar'dro wield dominance. Here, the tainted Vel'Sharen control this city...or at least are trying to. War is on the lips of everyone, a purge is inevitable. How much are you willing to risk templar?"
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Pariel » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:25 pm

"I did mean both of you alone. I've no need of socializing right now, you're not my friend, not even acquaintance, templar" was Dumah's answer to the butting in templar. He seemed a bit dense, like most. Although something else caught his attention. The warden's speech.

Dumah stood still, his eyes fixed on the warden before her. His eyes narrowed so slightly upon hearing the boast of "greater evil" from the warden. Was she no different from the much accursed fanatics within his own clan he despised? He chose to keep his lips closed, not because he didn't want to importunate his warden, but because he was torn between shouting at her or just waiting to see if it had been a jest.

Her gaze become more stern as she met with his own piercing one. Not breaking eye contact he drank all of his remaining beer, before saying anything.

"It is in your right to call me a country bumpkin with such veiled words, however... I have not been always a Templar. Sixteen years ago, I fought in this very own city, as Holy Lance. I waded through the blood of demons, and I relentlessly executed those infected of our sister clan, the Dutan'vir, down to little children who couldn't defend theirselves. " He paused. "There's a reason why I'm no longer a lance after all, and I resumed the most pious way. And that is to spit NETHER IN THE FACE and bring the peace of sharess to the dark corners of the land even if I become a fiend myself."

He crossed his hands, his gesture still piercing his would be pair. "Does the answer satisfy you, Warden?"
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby django » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:57 pm

"Sweet, Holy Sharess." Gaul grinned as watch Wae'rah chug her beer like it was water. "I think I'm in love." He teased her, wishing she would give a belch if only just to complete the scene.

His fun and humour didn't last long thou. Durham seemed to have a chip on his shoulder, "I'm sorry, am I getting in your damn way Templar?" Gaul gave a mirthless grin as he rose from the table. "I should go, Sarani waiting on me." He grunted as a thought came to his head. As he passed Wae'rah "Lady Wae'rah, if things don't work out with Durham and I'll come back and stay as your Templar."

Gaul liked working with Wae'rah, she was a pleasant partner and somebody he felt he could trust behind his back. He thought she would get a decent Templar to replace him, but this Durham guys looks of trouble.
He wasn't sure if she'll take his offer thou but it open for her.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive