Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Vloz'ress fortress

Postby Bamawing » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:42 am

Orina was surprised by Soban's laughter. She hadn't meant to be amusing, but it felt good to see him laughing. From what she had seen, he did not do it often, or least had not in a long time. What would drive a Drow to withdraw from others? Had his family died, leaving only him and his sister? Orina was curious, but not nosy enough to inquire.

She finished eating, and tried to remember anything else about "Old Uncle Y'barrse." Perhaps seeing Kyore later would jar her memory.

Orina stood, collected her plate, and waited patiently for Soban to finish eating. Before he could protest she took his plate for him to the kitchen. "It's only fair, master. You cooked, I clean." She smiled. "Do you think Tergan is finished with my laundry? I expect it will dry quickly in this heat..."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Razdrez » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:27 pm

Soban neither argued, nor said anytihng at all once he'd finished, he was thinking over something, standing up silently from that point onwards, he walked over and unlocked his workshop.

"I'll hang up your clothes, I'm going downstairs for a bit..." he said, and went downstairs, first hanging up the clothes that Tergan had washed rather effectively on a line that he used to dry his own clothes.

He opened one of the long metal drawers, the middle one, the contents were a series of damp sacks, fresh components extracted or bought, most to experiment with, but he didn't touch them, he removed a small leather-bound book, and put it down on thelong table, not far fromt he dragon's snout, and began to write, his dead arm movin to write in a neat script.

He kept many such books, most on research and such, though those were on a shelf in the living area, this was a private journal, he was taking notes so that he could work something out from what Orina had told him, his knowledge in the matter was limited, so it was more or less that he would be going along simply to watch over Orina as the mess got handled by those who knew what was going on.

I've never been so useless, yet crucial at the same time... he wrote, before kicking back and taking a seat, Tergan curled up in a gruesome likeness of a cat at his feet, where he sat on a simple wooden chair in the dim red lights of his home.
I wanted to shoot every panda that wouldn't mate to save its own species, I wanted to tip oil tankers to choke all those spanish beaches I would never see, I wanted to breath smoke, I wanted to destroy something beautiful
Razdrez
Tainted

Postby Bamawing » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:15 pm

Orina was a little taken aback by Soban's silence. She feared she had said something to offend him. However, she knew - well - the importance of respecting people's wishes for privacy. When Sel'suna wanted to be left alone, she didn't want even Orina to talk to her. So, she was in Soban's kitchen, letting the warm soapy water cascade over her hands and the dirty dishes.

Sel'suna. It seemed so strange, so surreal... now that she was reasonably safe, it felt like Sel'suna had simply gone to visit the compound and would return in a few hours. She half expected to see Sel'suna sitting at Orthrobbe, waiting placidly for Orina to hand her back her harp. She wondered what Sel'suna would think of her new outfit and hair.

Hair. She had forgotten her hair. Orina doused the water, dried her hands, and becan glancing through drawers. It wasn't long before she found what she had been looking for: a multi-pronged fork, designed for serving large cuts of meat. She promised herself to wash it throughly when finished, and began de-tangling her hair.

She was nearly finished when a gentle bump brought her attention back to matters in the kitchen. Shoulia looked up at her.

"Oh! I'm sorry, darling, I've got a lot on my mind. Here..." She scooped Shoulia up and set her on the counter, so they could talk face-to-face while Orina finished the dishes. "I... had a good friend, a beautiful lady. She is gone, now. Her soul is with Sharess... or maybe with some frightening but harmless deamon, like Tergan. Or perhaps it is here in this very room, watching us now. I wish I could be certain."

Orina glanced at the dirty hair-fork, and set it aside. But she continued to talk as she scrubbed the other dishes, rinsed them, and set them on a towel to dry. "I've heard of fairies... perhaps Sel'suna is like a fairy now. Flitting about unseen... or at least I can't see her. Perhaps you can?" she smiled at the golem. Shoulia, predictably, made no response. "Well, don't feel bad. Perhaps she is not meant to be seen. After all, music doesn't have to be seen to be felt, does it?" This thought made her feel better. She realized she was smiling.

The dishes finished, she lifted Shoulia off the counter and took her hand. "Come on. We'll go back to my room, and I'll braid your hair. I bet you'll like that." She tucked the fork into a pocket, and headed for her quarters, humming a joyful ditty about morning in the compound.

She imagined Soban would look for her when he was ready. When he did, he would find them both sitting on the bed. Orina would look much like he found her, with the blue dress and matching barette. Shoulia sat cross-legged in front of her, cuddling the plushie. Her hair was expertly braided back, and topped with the spiky barette. Just in case the scene wasn't odd enough, the human was laughing and singing, and brushing the golem's hair with a serving fork...

((I PMed grfu, asking him if we needed to kill some more time. I'll let you know his response.))
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Khorne » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:45 am

Khorne walks on the road to the Vloz'ress fortress. He can see the red light from the rift, and know that there isn’t far to his clan. Getting inspired of the red light he starts to sing, in a low voice. A song normally used by warriors, but Khorne still liked it.

“Feel the darkness red with fire
Feel the light soon it is gone
Feel the raging need to expand
The Clan must grow no matter the cost

Still we march though wars are over
Still we fight against no enemy
We are now shadows in the horizon
Buried in the glorious times

See the signs out on the hill tops
Lighting the signals of war they now do
We come marching through the shadows
Now we hear the call to arms… Oh finallyâ€
Khorne
Tainted

Postby Razdrez » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:03 pm

Finishing his entry, Soban stood up and donned a leather apron, brandishing his dagger a few seconds, then dropping it, seemed like a waste of energy, there was no bet that what he was planning wasn't dangerous, and the dragon golem could wait for a while.

he turned and deactivated Tergan, he'd fprgotten to do so before, so the skeletal golem had wasted a bit of power that needed to be recharged.

Removing the apron and going back upstairs, Soban walked into his room and grabbed his robes, just the outer robe, though, no sense getting changed, and if there was trouble, robes were hard to move around in, slipping on his boots as well, he walked out to the kitchen, to find Orina had finished, next he checked the living room and finally, the human's room, were he found her in an odd activity with Shou'lia, the golem girl.

he was sliding the gauntlet over his dead arm as he spoke, "I need to head upstairs to the summoner's quarters, I have to speak with my sister, if you want to stay, the guard golem controls are on the table." he said, turning and heading for the door.
I wanted to shoot every panda that wouldn't mate to save its own species, I wanted to tip oil tankers to choke all those spanish beaches I would never see, I wanted to breath smoke, I wanted to destroy something beautiful
Razdrez
Tainted

Postby Bamawing » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:14 pm

Orina bounced up. "I will come, Master, unless you think my dress might cause trouble within the compound. Hm..." At that thought, she glanced around quickly. Within a few seconds she had found what she was looking for - the makeshift sling. A few seconds later she had draped it around her shoulders.

Aside from the fact that it had no hem, it looked passibly like a short wrap-cape. It didn't hide her dress completely, but from the waist upwards she looked like any other Vloz'ress slave, except for the dyed hair and perhaps the generally cheerful disposition.

"Shoulia, darling, we're going on a quick errand. We'll be back soon, and then we can take you out so everyone can see your pretty hair." She gave the golem a quick kiss on the forehead, and followed Soban out the door.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Razdrez » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:27 am

[[we need to kill time, lets run the obstacle course, that's what I figure.]]

'Your apparel is fine, it may cause attention, but most slaves int his place are stolen anyway, the clan isn't willing to pay for new clothes either, so you're alright, just so long as you stick with me."

Closing the front door behind him, Soban walked, turning down the labrynthine corridors, and eventually coming to the main entrance hall where a small army of mercenaries loitered around in general.

"we're heading into the fortress major, the basements are reasonably safe, not like up there, so be on your toes, if something grabs you, you're in for a world of pain."

Here was where Soban took something from inside his robes, he didn't like wearing it at all, but the mercenaries were less inclined to mess with him when he did, it was a mask, made of steel, in the shape of a grinning face, sliced and stitched back together with wire, a Vloz'ress adept mask.

putting on the mask, he headed through the crowd towards the main stairs.
Razdrez
Tainted

Postby Khorne » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:07 pm

Khorne walks trough the main gate. Most of the mercenaries take a closer short look at him, but none of them stops him. Khorne can’t hold back a smile when he enters the fortress.

“Ah...home at last.â€
Khorne
Tainted

Postby Bamawing » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:07 pm

[[Works for me. I havn't had a reply yet. And hey, what better place to kill time than the Vlozress fortress? :) ]]

Orina liked the mask. It suited the surrounding area. Although it somehow didn't suit Soban. She wondered where she could get materials to create a mask based on Tergan's looks... skeletal, with golem gemstones. Then he could enchant the gemstones to make the same eerie clicking noises Tergan did. She promised herself that once this mess was over, and Sel'suna's name was cleared, she would make him that mask in appreciation.

She resisted the urge to grasp Soban's robe, although she would have felt more comfortable if they had been physically connected. When travelling through a dangerous area, Sel'suna wore robes with a train for this very reason. A chain attached to her collar would work, too... she made a mental note to mention this to Soban. She also mentally rehersed the martial arts Sel'suna had taught her. As she did so, it felt to her like Sel'suna was at her side, on her shoulder, flitting about unseen...

It was just as well that Orina was thinking pleasant thoughts, because the mercenaries were spending a great amount of time leering at her. Most appeared to be halted only by her master's frightening appearance. One, however, drunker or more foolish than the rest, grabbed her wrist. Orina reacted exactly as she had been taught.

"Leave me, male!" she hollared with a sneer. "Can you not see that I accompany my noble master on matters of importance?!" Actually, Orina was uncertain if Soban was a noble or not... his hair was long, but Kyore had addressed him as a commoner. The Vloz'ress were certainly different. Perhaps they allowed their commoners to have long hair. But it didn't really matter. Even if he was a commoner, Soban was noble enough, and this disgusting, untrained underling was messing with his property.

The startled mercinary loosened his grip just enough for Orina to pull free. She yanked her wrist back with a snort, and returned her attention to Soban. Her facial expression was that of an annoyed woman, but Soban would notice that she was slightly pale. "Twas a breif interruption, master. Shall we continue?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Razdrez » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:34 pm

"yes, it was breif, now these worthless slabs of meat are going to do something bad to us." Soban grumbled from under the mask, talking quietly enough so that only Orina could hear him over the gathering crowd of mercenaries "the Vloz'ress mercenaries have a habit of raping the cleaning slaves to death, so if you don't mind..."

He turned turned to face Orina, and spoke loudly enough so the mercenaries who were gathering around to teach the slave a lesson could hear him.

"Insolence." was what he said, bringing his good hand around to meet Orina's face with a clean backhanded slap, it wasn't any sort of play tap either, he'd put his shoulder into it and everything in an attempt to bear the slave to the ground.

He reached out and grabbed Orina's face, turning her to look him in the eye, through the mask, she'd feel the same sensation as when he had found her in the markets, when he'd been gripping her wrist so tightly as to leave bruises, only for him to heal them before they even showed, he was preventing any lasting pain from hitting her this time as well.

"you'll speak when spoken to." he said, this made a few of the mercenaries laugh, which was when he turned on them, the one that grabbed her, specifically.

"and you, you'll never touch my property again!" he roared, his aura glowing red around his right hand as the mercenary fell to the ground, clutching his face in pain, Soban had ruptured the blood vessels in his eyes, which was painful for anyone, and would leave the mercenary blind until it healed.

Grabbing Orina by the arm, Soban made a faster pace through the crowd of mercenaries this time.
Razdrez
Tainted

Postby Khorne » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:22 pm

Khorne enters his room. Luckily it looks just as he left it, but he can’t be sure that anyone else has used the room while he was gone. He has been away for years by now. He takes of his cloak and throws it on the bed with his staff, and backpack.

“Oh well…better unpack right away, it can’t be long before someone comes to se me.â€
Khorne
Tainted

Postby Bamawing » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:23 pm

Orina was left slightly bemused by the expierence... it had happened so fast that she hadn't had time to be surprised or frightened until it was over. Her knee stung from where she had fallen, and she wondered if the skin had been broken. There was no time to look... but her face didn't hurt. She was more than somewhat impressed by Soban's acting ability. It also occurred to her that it woudl look natural if she brought her hand up to her face, keeping her other wrist from being a target.

Not that she needed to worry. After seeing the mercenary howl in pain, all of the others left them alone. A few even stumbled over each other in an attempt to get out of Soban's way. They passed through the crowd without incident, and headed up the stairs.

There were no mercinaries on the stairs; just a few Vloz'ress Drow headed other places.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Razdrez » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:48 pm

After they climbed the main stairs Soban took Orina to the side, the worst that could happen was that someone would think he was trying to bully a servant, so he didn't bother with looking tough.

"I'm so sorry, but it was neccessary, I don't want to see you hurt, if I can at all prevent it. I see to many corpses of servants just lying about to want to add yours to the pile."
Razdrez
Tainted

Postby Bamawing » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:43 pm

"That's all right," she replied simply. "With your acting abilities, you would fit in well in the Ill'hardro theatre." She flashed him a quick smile, although it looked more like a grimace. As she bent to examine her knee, she kept talking: "In fact, it might be better if we traveled in such a manner from here on. My biggest fear was getting separated from you, and that grip on my wrist would make that an impossibility."

Her knee was only slighlty injured. Still, in the manner of knee injuries, it was oozing large red drops and stinging. Wincing slighlty, she ripped a small amount of fabric from her overrobe - an easy task, as it wasn't hemmed and already fraying - and applied it to the wound. It stuck fast.

Something in the action teased at her memory. Her new robe sleaves, and the smell of a bulbous orc-like thing... "there is a need to mess about with mana," Soban had said, "when under normal circumstances the wound will never stop bleeding."

She glanced around, as if she was trying to see the odd, indefinate oppressive feeling of the fortress. With a gulp she spoke. "Master, my bandage would work in most places. But if there's something at this fortress that prevents blood flow from stopping, I may require your assistance."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Razdrez » Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:10 pm

Soban raised a questioning eyebrow at Orina's statement of his acting ability, the Illhardro were excellent golem makers, though he'd never thought of himself as a member of their clan, let alone acting for nobles there, somehow it didn't seem right in his mind, it also sounded strange that she wanted him to keep a hand on her.

"As you wish..." he said eventually to this, his cold golem hand grabbing the human's wrist, he pulled Orina's hand away from her knee to get a better look at it.

"there's nothing that I know of that stops blood from clotting here, I could possibly make such a device, but it would be pointless, anything that bleeds here is usually torn to shreds shortly after, if you're referring to me, I was born unable to heal properly..."

He had placed his good hand on Orina's knee, it would sting, as it would when anyone clapped their hand on a fresh graze, but it stopped bleeding almost immediately, Soban rebandaging it after that.
Razdrez
Tainted

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive