Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Vloz'ress fortress

Postby Gelorn » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:53 am

The room Nota entered was about as dark and gloomy as the rest of the fortress, except bigger and had books scattered all around it. Inside the Neither summoner that ordered Nota to go off in the first place was standing at a shelf of unorganised books reading one of them.

Hearing Nota enter the summoner looked up and started speaking, saying "I heard the zealots that supposably serve the Val'sharess made a bit of a mess in the markets, correct?" At this point however the summoner in the room just snapped the book she was holding closed and continued talking, not allowing a word from Nota, saying "What news of the Summoner I sent you to find, did you find her in time, what happened. Tell me everything that happened, and dont lie..." The last words comming out of her mouth having a rather dark and cold tone to them.
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Ravinous » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:50 pm

Nota kept a stern monotonous voice as he spoke, something he learned to use when he taught as a Faern.

"When I arrived, the Summoner was entering some sort of transformation," he said. "And then effectively broke up into pieces, combusted if you will. I did wait till the crowed was partially in disarray before jumping in and grabbing the two halves of the distorted head, but soon the Kyorl were in pursuit."

"I lead them down an ally, shutting off the tip when their warden came through. Effectively I was not going to be killed before I returned, and after getting into a little tuff, I was able to manipulate the warden into letting me free."

"As to not lead them directly here, I headed to a local tavern and hid once again among the crowed. Luckily some Sharen had arrived, and I could hide among their own seed Aura's. After waiting for excitement to die down, I headed to the market, replaced my cloak and shirt which were damaged in the fight with the Kyorl, and took a twisted and chaotic path back here as to not be followed. Thus here I am before you now."
Ravinous
Demon

Location: In the wonderful state of Nirvana... quite literally. >.>
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Gelorn » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:49 am

Ciliri listened intently to the story, but showed signs of loosing interest as Nota described how he got away. When Nota finally finished the Summoner sighed lightly before saying "When I asked what happened I didnt want a recount of what happened to you but rather what happened to the summoner I sent you to bring back. Why did she allow deamons to freely enter her body to gain power? She wouldnt of done so unless she was threatened by something, and judging by your story it seems it wasnt the zealots that forced her but someone else. Who was it?"
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Ravinous » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:07 am

Nota thought for a second.

"The only others in the area were a few Sharen as I remember. However," he said taking the arrows from his belt pouch that he had found on the corpse. "These arrows were most likely the thing that killed the summoner in the end."

He held them out to the summoner.

((If you look back, Nota strangely never dropped them, even I almost forgot about them.))
Ravinous
Demon

Postby Gelorn » Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:06 am

((Probably just saved your ass.))

The neither summoner put the book back onto the shelf that she was holding before walking up to Nota and snatching the arrows from his hand. She then turned her back on Nota whilst inspecting the arrows whilst saying to him "I doubt the Sharen did this, they arnt the kind to use long range projectiles to kill someone... or wodden ones at that... interesting..."

After a couple more seconds at staring at the arrows the summoner once again turned to face Nota, pointing one of the arrow tips at Nota's face before saying "Find out who did this and eliminate them if you can. Having such an enemy that could knock down one of our Neither Summoners is both dangerous and humiliating to us and thus must be stopped. If you need help come back here and we will organise something. I suggest you start with the Vel'Sharen, they seem to know something about whats happening and since we are 'allies' they should talk when asked to. Now go." With saying the last two words she pointed at the door with the arrow in her hand, indicating for Nota to leave.
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Cleric of Gorin » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:41 am

"Hmm... very inresting story," Sezaru said as he stepped through the door, into the room. "Please forgive me, but as I was walking in, i couldn't help but pause to listen to your account in the market," the scourge bowed in appology. "If I may say, it might be unwise to send one man to find these... fiends. They seemed to have no problem destroying a summoner, while staying hidden, none-the-less. Unless you have any objection, I will go along, as backup. Yes?"

Under his skull-like mask, Sezaru bit his lip in anticipation. For the last few weeks, life had been dull, and he needed something to do, not only that, but he had just admitted to easdropping on one of his superiors and then rudely interupted a seemingly private conversation.

(I hope this is a some-what suitable entrance into the FFRPG *sweatdrop*)
The Cleric of Gorin
Cleric of Gorin
Tainted

Postby Gelorn » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:51 am

As soon as Sezaru finished one of the arrows that was in Ciliri's hand flew out and went right past Sezaru's head before impacting into the ground. The summoner retracting her arm afer throwing it turned then to Nota before saing "Take him if you with Nota, he has a point. If not Ill find some toehr menial task for him..."
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Ravinous » Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:57 pm

Nota was also not happy about the others arrival, his flint fingered gloves ready to snap under the cloak. He looked over at the young drow with an eyebrow raised under his mask(young being relative term, as he is sure he is the oldest in the room).

"He may come if he stays out of the way and out of trouble," Nota said. "The Sharen are not going to welcome us if we sneak up on them."

Nota himself was not very pleased about the mission, as he did not want to return to the Sharen fortress after what happened over a decade prior when he was among them.

He returned his attention to the summoner, bowing.

"I will do as you wish mistress," he said. "I will gather my supplies from my room and begin my investigation. Is there anything else you wish of me before I go?"
Ravinous
Demon

Postby Cleric of Gorin » Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:49 pm

Sezaru bowed to Nota, then more deepy to Ciliri. "Thank you both. I have to go pack a few things. I will meet you at the front gates when you are ready," he said to Nota. "I apologise again for my bluntness," he said to Ciliri. Then he bowed again and left the room.

Sezaru walked throught the dark, cold halls of the fortress, until he found his cell-like room. The door opened silently, and he went around his room gathering his supplies, then made his way tothe front gates.
The Cleric of Gorin
Cleric of Gorin
Tainted

Postby Ravinous » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:05 pm

"I will return when I have found something," Nota said and left to his room.

At a blank wall, he opened the rock to a room within, as he did not like others going through his research.

He gathered together a mask, some more flint, salves, bandages, rations, ada, and whetstones for his daggers and hooked staff. When everything was set, he placed the blank mask over his face and everything else on his belt pouches.

He headed out the arch way, closing it into a blank wall again, and headed to the main gate to meet the other scourge.
Ravinous
Demon

Postby Gelorn » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:10 am

As soon as Nota and Sezaru left the room the Summoner went back to her reading quietly...
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Cleric of Gorin » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:39 am

Sezaru pulled his grey cloak around his body to ward off the cold. He had arrived a few moments before Nota, but when the other drow walked up, he said, "This is a very dangerous mission, I wouldn't have let anyone go off on thier own. I'll follow any orders you give me, but i wold like to know everything that is going to go on. First, what is our plan of action?"
The Cleric of Gorin
Cleric of Gorin
Tainted

Postby Ravinous » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:53 am

"It works like this young one," he began. "When asked to find a summoner at the market I arrived upon her distorted by demon magic and shot through be arrows."

"Currently I noticed a few Sharen at the scene and Kyorls. After talking with leader of the Kyorl patrol in combat, I could best summarize they are not the plausible cause of the summoners death, or rather that group of them in the least."

"Our current goal is to investigate the matter further and have a discussion with the Sharen," he continued, now moving down the trail that lead back towards the city. "As we move remember to blend with the crowd and avoid the eyes of the grey skins."

((Edit: Spelling and some clarification fixes. :P))
Ravinous
Demon

Postby Cleric of Gorin » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:24 am

Before Sezaru attempted to catch up with Nota, he slid off his white mask, and exchanged it with his dark gray one. When he did reach the other drow, he said, "I guess we are just going to walk up to the Sharen Fortress, and demand an audience then?"
The Cleric of Gorin
Cleric of Gorin
Tainted

Postby Ravinous » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:09 am

"More likely we walk up and ask," Nota said. "They are hierarchal and dislike other clans 'demanding' anything of them. It would be better if we use polite actions while staying stern on our position."
Ravinous
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive