Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Vloz'ress fortress

Postby Miburo » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:31 am

Uul'shiana was right, the Shaghress had been a clan longer then the Vloz'ress, but still everyone called them peasants, or at least thats what Borakna had told her. He was the biggest reason she knew all about the Cliché insults to throw at the various clans. Peasants for the Shagress, eight-legged-freaks for the Beldrobbaen ,....

Fame shuffeled her feet around a bit uneasy, partly because she knew she had said something stupid again without thinking, partly because these golem floors had the tendancy to grab your feet when you stood still for too long.

"I understand miss Uul'shiana."She answered polite, she was also a bit sad that her mentor was only back for picking up Kyore. She liked the singer, he made beautifull music but when he was around her teacher payed less attention to her. Not to mention the fit Uul'shiana threw when he suddenly vanished without a word.
"Well, you wouldn't want to keep Kyore waiting I guess. Tell him I said hi and let me know when he's back I would like to hear his music again."
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Miburo » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:37 am

((OOC: Sorry to cut this short, but I feel like spooking some drowussu at the black dragon tavern. >:3 Grfu, try to keep Masendriea in one piece, and Uul'shiana too, I'm starting to grow fond of her))

Fame'nidea suddenly noticed the time, she would be late for the fight to start. "I really have to get going, Miss Uul'shiana, or my dad will be mad at me, my sincere apologies." She made a bow as she walked backwards to the exit of the tower. "Bye Miss Uul'shiana, bye Borakna, byebye Hileana. Please let me know when you are near the city again, then I can come over!" She waved cheerfully and then dashed for the door.
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Raeklore » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:42 pm

E'apoe travelled through Chel, as stealthily as she could.

"I so do not want to be seen, cause then I'll have some explaining to do." She shuddered at the thought.

She'd be sneaking in and out of the fortress for years. She lived there, so she really didn't need to. She just prefered to travel without being monitored. The closer she got, the more she paid attention for mana signatures. "Definately don't want any of the clans many demons to spot me."

She doesn't take the direct route to the fortress, but she doesn't take the long way either. Just enough out of the way, that if she is seen, they won't know where she's going.

Eventually the fortress comes into view, and a familier shudder passes through her.

"I'll be glad when I'm away from here for good...""
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Raeklore » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:03 pm

E'apoe wonders if maybe "she" should just forget about her things, and just move on. It's the idea of making that long trek back, empty handed that eventually prods her to move forward.

It's slow and painstaking work to make her way towards the fortress undetected. Not to mention treacherous. She has to take a route that those with two feet just can't or won't take. But, it's a familiar route. One that she took many times over the years, back when she used to slip out in order to catch a glimps of Lahr’e’sah. "Demons take her soul! It's all your fault Lahr’e’sah that I'm a drowess now...If not for you, I never would've gone to the Vloz'ress, looking for a cure for being a drider."

She continues on that line of thought, as she sneaks inside the fortress.
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Raeklore » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:32 pm

"My Ilhar....I hated you as a child, but, THANK YOU for having me schooled in Earth magic." E'apoe mumbles to herself as uses those skills to hide herself while moving through the fortress. A new wall here, a lower ceiling there or just plane old passing through walls.

It's slow going, but E'apoe finally reaches her room, without incident. "Seems more like a cell now...", Poe mutters to no-one, as she looks around. It's been months since she's been here and alot of dust has gathered about the room.
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Raeklore » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:56 pm

E'apoe went about the task of packing up her things; which were little more then her golem tools, art supplies and some clothes.

"Almost ready to kiss this place good-by forever...", she thinks. That's followed up by a loud smashing sound . The cause, her door exploding inwardly!

Turning with a start, "What the... ?!?" E'apoe sees one of the clans artificial naga's, come crawling/slithering in. E'apoe quickly grabs her spear, as the naga rises up to face her, with a two pronged trident in hand.

"Talab’Vesz...?"*, she whispers/mutters, as she stares at the mindless "things" face.

"Ah...E'apoe...you're home..." E'apoe hears a familiar sorceress's voice from the hall.

A Ver'Drowendar enters the doorway. The tips of her silvery hair, look like they've been dipped in fresh blood. They area around her eyes has been tattooed to look like it's on fire. And most members of the clan are wll aware that yes, her leather robe is made from the flesh of Drowolaths.

"You seem surprised to see me waelinder. Though not as surprised as we were that you didn't check in, when you got...home. You were gone a rather long time."

"Yeah...well...I had run into some complications..."

Looking about the room, Nalynrae says, "It looks like you're running alright... And after all I've done for you." She grins wickedly.

"It's not what you think...", E'apoe lies.

"Spare me freak. Talab’Vesz...kill E'apoe...NOW!"

*Talab’Vesz is one of the corrupted because of E'apoe. See her background link
Last edited by Raeklore on Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Raeklore » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:57 pm

Talab’Vesz as the golem-creature that he has become, has no choice but to obey. If he could comprehend who his foe was, he would attack with extreme gusto. Alas, his conscious mind is gone, numbed by the mind-control venom injected into him by the mechanical snake, that consumed his lower half.

He rises up higher and then lunges downward, military fork leading the way. Thus beginning the pairs dance of life and death.

Nalynrae leans back against the doorway, thoroughly enjoying the spectacle. The drider bounces off of the walls and ceiling trying to gain vantage shots, while the tireless naga darts about the room.

The sounds of battle draw the attention of other guards. They draw closer, but, most quickly leave upon seeing the sorceress.
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Raeklore » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:28 pm

E'apoe has taken several hits, and is beginning to tire. Her foe is also wounded, but doesn't suffer the effects of fatigue or pain.

"I've gotta think of something." She thinks to herself. " I'm not only am I not going to be able to keep this up forever, but, what is that sorcerous witch going to do, if I beat him? 'Cause I can't beat her and those mercenaries too... "

An idea strikes and she maneuvers her way to the opposite side of the room from the door; where her work table is. Once there, she calls up her manareserves which are already low, from reaching her room. She the thrusts her left arm, up at the ceiling and the stone floor responds. To those at the door, it looks like she's raised a barrier wall, but, in actaullity, the floor rose up like a trap door. This opens a hole to the floor below.

The naga is already coming around the "wall", as E'apoe grabs her satchel from the table and leaps down.

E'apoe lands, with the corrupted Talab’Vesz 'leaping' through after her. The drider wastes no time in dispelling her own last spell. The Earthen wall/trap door, intantly resumes it's previous form. In doing so, it severs Talab’Vesz's tail; leaving part of it above flopping around and the rest of him hit's the ground.

E'apoe while watching the maimed naga, leak it's lifes-blood upon the floor; realizes where she is. In one of the berserker pens!

The naga is still squirming about, as E'apoe says, "This is not good..." All 9 eyes glance about the room, looking for the creatures that lives in this pen.

===================================

Meanwhile...
A surprised, and then angry sorceress exlaims to the remaining soldiers, "They're in the berserker pens! Get them!"

The soldiers run without question.

While running down the halls, many come to the conclusion that the sorceress was paying more attention to the fight then them. So, she couldn't be sure of exactly which soldiers were present. They've also decided that, it was just safer hoping she won't remember who was there, then going to the beresrker pits. That being the case, four of the seven soldiers take "a short cut" to go below, and 'accidently' go the wrong way.
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Raeklore » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:16 pm

(OoC: Okay folks...I'm not much of a writter and I've flatlined on ideas.

Anyway...the idea is that there's a merry old chase about the fortress, and she'll eventually get away (Well, she is my character...why would I kill here here?) There would have been some sort of unpleasantry there, but, nothing fatal. She's gonna end up on the lamb and maybe a price on her head... but maybe not, she was only a mercenary, so, why would they pay anything to get her?

So..on with group gaming and if I ever get inspired I'll finish this? Doubt anyone was reading this anyway... )
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Re: Chel'el'sussoloth- Vloz'ress fortress

Postby Cira » Sat May 24, 2008 8:38 pm

Endelion stalked through the twisted halls of the Vloz'ress fortress in a mood that mimicked the burning fires of the Rift deep below the structure. It was outrageous to think he had spent the better part of a year worming his way through the power chain of this so called "clan" and was still little more than an errand boy. True he had recently been given the Title Scourge and apprenticed to a Nether Summoner, but his actual duties had changed very little. Fetch scrolls from the library, bring a slave for demonic possession, feed the mistresses demons. He was willing to serve the Velnari for the sake of learning summoning, but why couldn't they give him duties more suited to his skills? Why couldn't something Interesting happen!?

(OOC: "why couldn't something interesting happen!?" *Hint* *Hint* first post, let the mayhem commence.*heehee*)
Cira
Nether Seed

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby django » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:03 pm

(Django dusts this place off before playing.)

It was a quite day for Brogen. Dragging a pair of dead slaves that were found dead inside the tower with their livers missing, leaving a pair of long blood trails as he walked towards a snake pit. Brogen was told by his boss to feed them to the snakes before they stunk up the place even more. "Food for the snakes! Come out, come out where every you are!" Brogen called out to the a pit, with some very large snakes, coiled up and resting.

They stired by his call. So Brogen with his mighty strength pulled the slaves limbs out of their sockets and tossed them into the pits, one by one. "This one for you, this one for you. Hay you had your share!" He scalded at the snake that didn't want to share with the other. Pointing and shaking his Clawed sausage finger.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Reeds » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:48 pm

Another day another group of desperates. Why did Maki have to be the one to train them? "Oh that's right! I've got a bit of a long track record, guess that qualifies me to train these miserable sods." She exhumed with a frustrated sigh as she looked around at the five or six scum bags that crawled their way here, looking for a place to either hide or just work. Truth is, Maki didn't mind training them it gave her something to do even though she'd love to slack off right now, she was being paid to do this and as anyone knew, Money took priority over slacking and getting drunk.

"That's good, arms straight. No no no you're doing it wrong! keep your wrists stiff when using a sword. It adds strength and solidity to the blows. Only use the wrist as the pivotal point for maces, as it keeps the mace from recoiling. Sharess be damned, you people are hopeless." She sighed with frustration, as she took a seat against a stack of banged up and beat up armor. This whole ordeal had her annoyed, and she could certainly do with letting off some steam. But what could she do around here? Then she started having one of her conversations again. "No. I said no. I'm not going to send another recruit to go slap Brogen on the back, it was only funny the first time. And last I checked, that poor bastard is still recovering. Brogen broke his jaw in six places and gave him one nasty concussion."

Maki knew Brogen, had seen him around quite a few times, doing some heavy duty jobs with other berserkers. It wasn't all that thrilling really. She just recalled the name, because she had overheard it so many times before. But enough about that, she wanted to know where in the name of Sharess Tan was. She was in reality waiting for him to show up. At least, he was a better conversationalist then these chuckle headed morons. Even if he didn't talk much. "Sharess be damned. Where is he?" If anyone couldn't tell, Maki was in a foul mood today. Normally, she was somewhat jovial, but being stuck on training duty was pretty shitty work and she absolutely loathed it.
Reeds
Tainted

Postby Draquadarb » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:47 pm

Garr'eth the Redless, known around for both his lack of tainting and his active bedroom, sauntered up the main road leading to Vloz'ress tower. He hummed to himself, swinging the burlap sack he carried. Blood leaked from it's weave and splattered the ground as he did so. Some of the other mercenaries called out to him.

"Oh just another Kyorl scout's head. No big deal."
Garr yelled in reply. They all laughed and whooped before going on about thier business. Garr set himself to looking for a Berseker or Scourge who could compensate him the bounty on the Kyorl. Not a bad way to keep food in one's belly, hunting the sycophants.

Garr'eth paused to observe some training exercises. He didn't know why they bothere with this, the men would be sent unprepared to thier deaths any which way. Might as well pit them against each other as the Scourge applicants were. Whistling he carried on, pointedly not looking at the officer ordering the recruits. She was not unknown to him, a reclined woman yet stubborn. He'd pushed her too far last week, and had barely escaped with his life.

He then spotted a Berserker feeding the snake-mounts. Garr put on his business face and approached cautiously and loudly. He saluted, keeping a respectful distance.
"Kyorl head for bounty, Berserker. Mercenary Garr'eth presenting." he barked. It was all a touch unnecessary, but it was sometimes fun to play the soldier. The Bersekers usually appreciated it, anyway. Keeping the Berserkers happy with him was high on Garr'eth's list of priorities. Happy Berserkers meant breathing Mercenaries. Named Garr.

The Berserker seemed to ignore him at first. Garr kept his face smooth and said nothing.
Draquadarb
Nether Seed

Location: Glowering down at you from above. With dissaproval.

Postby Zickman » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:56 am

Alderic Rosharak glared around, making an effort to look as singularly angry and unapproachable as possible as he walked. This time he didn’t have to try very hard as he wasn’t very happy to begin with, then again he couldn’t think of anyone who would be happy under the circumstances. The Vel’Vloz’ress fortress was a godessforsaken dump infested with goddessforsaken people. As if to emphasize his point a dead eye Nagra glided beside him, bringing with him a stench that was enough to make even his hardened stomach clench. Alderic cursed and pressed a hand to his nose, fighting off the urge to draw his blade and lop the abomination’s head from its body.

The Drow took a deep breath, steadying himself. He was here for a reason, slicing down the people he was charged to bargain with wouldn’t get him any closer to his goal. But he couldn’t deny that now, he was completely and utterly last. Alderic grounded his teeth in frustration, it had come to his worst fear. He would have to speak to someone. Just the thought was enough to make him groan. But desperate times called for desperate measures. Alderic looked around.

He was in front of the main tower, in some type of courtyard. All around him was activity, there seemed to be a training activity of some sort to one corner. The snake pit was off to another corner. Alderic looked around then choose a duo standing in front of the Snake Pit, what looked like a mercenary holding a bloody sack and one of the infamous Berserkers. With a sigh Alderic approached the duo.
“Oi,” he called when he was within hearing range. “You two. I’m looking for Nether Summoner Selune. Where can I find her?” Alderic waited, he didn’t really expect to get a sensible answer but he could hope, the Drow placed a hand on his hilt just for reassurance.
Zickman
Summoner

Postby django » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:31 am

"Hmm!?" Brogen grunted as he turned to face the mercenary. "Hey that's pretty cool, hur hur hur." Brogen chuckled looking at the dripping bag. "Burt doesn't deal with bounties and I'm not allowed to handle money because I have bad math." Brogen said to the merc. "You wanna talked to Verna, shes that way." Brogen pointed to a stall that had a bit of a line up, with his plate size hand. The snakes finished their meal and coiled back up, large lumps dot along their bodies.

"OH!" Brogen shouted at the new drow "You startled me." He sure is getting a lot of attention, most people are scared and don't usually talk to him. "Ummm." Brogen had to think on that one "Nether Summoner Selune. Maki!!!!, were is Nether summoner Selune!" He shouted.

"OH, If you turn that frown up side down. Your blood rushes to your head and you fall down. I wouldn't try it." Brogen advised the frowning man.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive