Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Vloz'ress fortress

Chel'el'sussoloth- Vloz'ress fortress

Postby Gelorn » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:29 am

-Description-
Built on the cliff of the rift, this fortress truly shows the madness of the Vloz'ress clan. The heat of the rift makes it a very warm place, and the rift itself prevents enemy invasions from most directions. To see the inside of this fortress will make one realize that drow architecture is not always exceptional. From good, to plan bade taste, the buildings stand in disorder. An assassin would have a hard time finding his way to his prey within these walls...

-Atmosphere-
Even as you look at the fortress from a distance you just shake yet your not 100% sure why. Yet every step is getting harder and harder and you dont know if its just the rift thats causing it or the fortress. But as far as you know if you dont have ties with this clan you dont want to be here long AT ALL!

Note: Guess. Yep, you guessed right. Same story as the Vel'Sharen fortress thread. You know you love it.
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Raeklore » Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:16 pm

(O.o.G: Is this thread open for business?)
Raeklore
Chibi of Doom

Postby Ravinous » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:27 am

Nota Solen, now of the Vloz, sat in his messy and unorganized room scattered with books. The faint glow of lamp casted an orange glow in the room as he pined through the parchment.

Though he had the knowledge, he lacked the technique in controlling the powers to summon. He knew it wasn't going to be easy, but with his centuries of focusing study in high arts, demonology was a completely different field. At the rate he was going, it would be a century or two before he would be successful at anything useful.

Though he was of the scourge by name, his work mostly consisted of doing work around the fortress for the neither summoner Ssivah.

His vast knowledge of the high arts and abilities did have some use for her, but soon he was forgotten like many of the others, able to do his studies in the unorganized books that scatter the fortress.

Sometimes he was called on to do a job, but it was becoming sparse. The tedium of day by day study, along with patrolling the area around the fort was tedious. He remembered the days in slight memory when he still held strong his false hope of curing tainting, but now he embraced it.

Tired from his reading, Nota stood up, he decided a walk would do good, not wanting to weaken his body by lazing about all the time. He headed out the door, taking a stroll, or if anyone asked, a patrol, around the fortress.
Ravinous
Demon

Location: In the wonderful state of Nirvana... quite literally. >.>
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Gelorn » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:16 am

Just as Nota was leaving the fortress a Neither Summoner approached him rather quickly, almost as if waiting for him. Apon reaching him she automatically started speaking, ignoring anything Nota was going to say, saying herself "Nota, we need you to go into the city and find one of our summoners and her slave in the market. She was suppost to be back here by now but she isnt... and the longer she is gone the more angry Sene'kha is going to be when she does turn up... SO GO ALREADY!" before walking off, almost as if passing on a job to Nota that she didnt want to do herself...
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Ravinous » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:49 am

He wasn't even given time to bow in obedience, which could be bad or good, but would rather not anger the summoner.

"Yes mistress," he said, talking to the vacant darkness, turning heel and walking towards the closest exit of the fortress.

'Ah,' he thought to himself. 'Yet another errand for me... but it will be nice to get out and stretch a bit.'

He headed out of the fortress towards Chel.
Ravinous
Demon

Postby Jer'tai Wraithblade » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:32 am

A lizard-drawn cart pulled into the Vloz'Ress fortress, the drow sitting up top with reins in hand, chuckling to himself.

"Ahhh, home sweet home, at last," he said derisively.

He grinned and waved to the mercenaries guarding the main gate, causing them to sweat and move aside for the well-known, unpredictable, and dangerous young alchemist and his cart.

"Mind opening the door for your betters?" he laughed.

"Uhh, no sir!"
"Yeah, don't worry, we'll have the gate open milord!

He laughed all the harder, watching them scramble frantically to open the heavy main gate, and strode through, leading Be'lal and his cart.
Jer'tai Wraithblade
Vel'akar

Location: cos (n) * theta radiaans rotation away from the center of your gravity in the z plane.

Postby grfu » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:50 pm

((ummm jer'tai, there's a problem with this. see, you can have both of your characters in the same city at the same time.))
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Ravinous » Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:56 pm

((Same here, but he is not in the same area, it's tricky but as long as they don't interact or exist in the same thread, it is fine. He can, at any time, make his character leave and disappear into a limbo state how ever, leaving one thread, but not returning on any other to put a character out of play.))
Ravinous
Demon

Postby grfu » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:15 pm

((touche))
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Ravinous » Sat Sep 24, 2005 8:31 pm

((How so? I was trying to help? *Is now confused* O_o))
Ravinous
Demon

Postby Gelorn » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:42 am

((Actually, GFRU is correct here Rav. A person are restricted to one character per city. Kern himself ade this rule believing that people might take advantage of the fact they have 2 characters in a city and exploit it. Now Jer, you may have not had this in mind at all when posting this. However, if one person is allowed two characters in one city then others might start complaining and wanting more then one aswell, and they might be people to exploit the fact of having two characters in the same city. Thus Jer I am regretably asking you to submit one of your characters into a "sleep" mode where you cannot RP with them or transfer one of the characters to Raveran, the choise is yours. Please tell me what your desition is so I can make sure you are doing it. If you send one of your characters to sleep then you can switch back to the other character by telling myself at any time within boundries, which are you dont switch constantly (ie switch between them once a day or week to keep both active so only one character can really be active...))

Nothing personal but rules are rules and as a GM I have to enforce them...
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Jer'tai Wraithblade » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:08 pm

((I understand. But it makes things difficult, since I have 3 characters and none of them would heave business in the drider city, that means one of them always has to be in such a state of limbo...))
Jer'tai Wraithblade
Vel'akar

Location: cos (n) * theta radiaans rotation away from the center of your gravity in the z plane.

Postby Gelorn » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:21 am

((AS I said you can switch between them aslong as the active character isnt in the middile of something and you dont do it on a regular basis. We will continue this conversation through PM if you dont mind however so that this thread isnt clogged up with our OOC posts.))
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Razdrez » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:57 am

Soban's return at the Vloz'ress fortress was almost completely unnoticed, the mercenaries hardly looked at him, those higher up were completely ignoring him as if he didn't exist, he headed downstairs into the lower depths of the fortress, rasing his artificial arm and making a small light for the sake of Orina to see, it was pitch black here, no lights shone with the amount of demonic activity.

Even Orina would feel the impact of the monstrous aura of the Illharess, which encapsulated the whole fortress at this time. After what would seem like an eternity walking in the twisting tunnels and turning corners which could cause whiplash if taken at the run Soban stopped in front of a section of wall with a ruby mounted on a small plaque, to this he removed a gem from his artificial arm and touched it to the lock which slid open with a groan.

Soban's rooms were a great deal more inviting than the rest of the fortress, though there were no windows, there were large blown glass mana lights that gave the place a warm glow, several comfortable sofas were arranged around the main room.

In this part of his apartments were a kitchen, which Soban took the fish in to and placed it in the ice box, there was two bedrooms, one containing a large wardrobe, an enormous bed that may have slept six people at once, the master's bedroom, there was also a room for slaves, by no means as grand, but he'd had it fitted with a more comfortable bed, mirrors, basic furniture which indicated it was more directed for guests than slaves.

to this room Soban took Orina, "it may not be the grandeur of the Illhardro, but it has every necessity and a few more, I've actually replaced everything in there so that it is actually inhabitable, feel free to make yourself at home here."

The lounge was also a dining room, a large table with seats for six was set, there was also, beyond that, a large door of rusted iron, bolted and locked with three mana locks, this led down to his workshop, a veritable butcher's shop that was not lit more than the lights Soban made himself, to this place he went now, relieving Orina of the mysterious sack which he took down and there was a sound akin to a metallic drawer opening and closing, after this he returned and locked the door.

"Now, I'll make us a snack, if you wouldn't mind playing a tune, or it might be more practical if you tell me of your dilemma, if you want to clear your mistress' name we'll have to know of the circumstances so that we may rectify them."
I wanted to shoot every panda that wouldn't mate to save its own species, I wanted to tip oil tankers to choke all those spanish beaches I would never see, I wanted to breath smoke, I wanted to destroy something beautiful
Razdrez
Tainted

Postby Bamawing » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:34 pm

The Vlaz'ress fortress was a strange place, Orina decided. She could not put her finger on why, but something about it made her very nervous. She supposed the dark and the twisty suroundings had something to do with this, but it seemed like there was something more...

It was not until she saw Soban's quarters that she began to realx. They were a little darker than the living conditions she was used to, but she knew her eyes would soon adjust. She imagined these would be easier to wake up to than the dazzling lights of the Ill'hardro compound; a definate bonus.

Her new room was certainly as comfortable as her old room had been. It was darker, true, but the bed was huge! She paused briefly to stack her old clothes neatly on the dresser, and followed Soban back out into the main room.

While he was depositing his sack into the locked room, Orina took the liberty of sitting on the sofas and glancing around. No demon skeleton. She was both disappointed and relieved. It was probably in Master's workshop.

At the mention of her mistress, Orina grew quiet. The sinking feeling she had when she realized she had run away, the relief of meeting the kind puppet-maker, the fear of the Ill'hardro noble and the bewilderment at his offer to help, the thrill of hair dye and the oppressive eerieness of the Vloz'ress fortress had all driven Sel'Suna from her mind. She was disgusted with herself for neglecting the memory for so long. It was time to rectify that.

"I shall do both, sir. In reverse order, because it is always good to follow sorrow with a joyful tune.

"Sel'Suna grew up in the compound, as so many do. I was assigned to her when she turned five. She was very little for her age, and some older girls began picking on her: Suissul, Rache'ril and Claidra. They are mean-spirited, and three years older than my mistress. One day when she was seven, they stole her favorite plushie... I was angry. She loved that plushie... we had made it together. It was a tikitiki...

"Anyway, I charged them all. I grabbed a stone from the ground and chased them away like a flock of scared rats. They dropped the plushie, I retrieved it and returned it to my mistress. They never bothered her after that."

Orina blushed deeply. She was proud of herself for defending her mistress, but knew full well what happened to humans that forgot their place. She dared not check master's expression, so instead picked up the harp to check its tune.

"They pretended to be her friend at Orthorbbae. I never trusted them. Sel'Suna forgave them, although I told her, many times, that there was hatred in their eyes.

"The four of them were together, and Sel'Suna asked me to sell some of her textbooks to the younger students. I didn't want to leave her... but I didn't want the others to think she was not in control of her own human. I sold the books as fast as I could, but when I came back..."

Orina shuddered and began playing the song of sadness that she was first playing when Soban saw her. "She was not recognizable. Her body, I mean..." For a few seconds, Orina let the harp speak while she regained her composure. "The three girls were saying that this human-loving fool challenged them to a three-on-one dual, but Sel'Suna would have never fought them - she thought they were her friends! And the look of triumph
Rache'ril shot me..." Orina shook her head in fury, and played a little louder on the strings. Again, she was able to continue in a moment. "That's all I know, master. I should have been there, to protect her..."

Orina fell silent, and the only sound filling the space was the sorrowful music.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive