Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Vloz'ress fortress

Postby Bamawing » Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:29 pm

"Thank you, master." Her knee was stiff, but not painful and most importantly, not bleeding. "I have no wish to be torn to shreds." At this she gingerly shook her skirts over the wound and offered her arm to Soban. She shot him a quick grin before hiding her face in her other hand. She felt far more secure this way... not only were her arms more difficult to grab in this position, but chances were nil that she and Soban would be seperated. She felt safe as long as he was around, with his ability to heal and his talent for fooling others into thinking he was a horrifying violent bully toward his human slave. It was the thought of getting separated in a crowd that terrified her. She doubted she would last 15 mintues alone in a place like this.

It was odd to have a Drow protecting her, rather than the other way around. She promised herself to play most beautifully for him when they returned to his quarters. But then, there were also long-haired commoners, overgrown orc-like pets, and violent, theving servants. What a crazy clan.

Orina was not a fast thinker by nature, so it would take her several seconds to analyze Soban's words about healing. They would be on thier way through the upper layers of the fortress before she decided that Soban was born with some sort of problem, and that this probably was why he had honed his skill in blood magic. It might also have something to do with his bad arm. She accepted this as easily and readily as she had accepted the idea that humans were a breed of mushroom. She had still to work out the humans-have-parents theory...
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Razdrez » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:33 am

The next hallway went along in silence, Soban thinking it akwared that he needed to keep a grip on Orina, even when the halls went completely empty, though of course, sometimes an empty hall would be the most dangerous in this place...

At some point, Soban deliberately hugged the wall of one of the hallways, moving Orina likewise to do so as a multitude of golems burst from the opposite wall, their fingers just brushing their faces and clothes.

"I designed and installed these... I don't know why we have them everywhere, but it's pointless and childish if you ask me, though they did pay me well..." he said in a matter-of-fact voice as they cleared Soban's golem wall and moved on.

Of course, Soban only got to go a few inches before he was jerked back, his long hair had been grabbed, the golems dragging him backwards into their grip, all they were doing was holding him to the wall, and pulling his clothing and hair, he'd let go of Orina specifically so they wouldn't grab him too.

"damn..." he muttered, trying to reach for his dagger with his good arm.
I wanted to shoot every panda that wouldn't mate to save its own species, I wanted to tip oil tankers to choke all those spanish beaches I would never see, I wanted to breath smoke, I wanted to destroy something beautiful
Razdrez
Tainted

Postby Bamawing » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:11 pm

[[pardon the slight delay... back to a weekday schedule :P ]]

Orina had been momentarily startled by the golems, but the undead bothered her signifigantly less than the living. The living were, in her expierence, more unpredictable and more dangerous.

...Until Soban was grabbed.

Orina's first instinct was to smack the golems' arms and hands. This, predictably, had no effect.

When she heard Soban mutter, she instantly abandoned her position and ran to his other side. it was pretty obvious that he was trying to reach his daggar, and it was no problem for her to pull it out and hand it to him with a hurried, "here!"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Razdrez » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:36 am

Soban took the dagger quickly, it was a strange dagger admittedly, he'd had it modified for use as a tool, rather than for fighting with, but it was still a pointy object, which he jabbed into the wall at a seemingly random, though specific point.

The wall was fleshy, though was held behind a weak illusion that made it appear to be stone, reaching into the fresh wall-wound Soban tapped a gem with his good hand and the golem arms slackened, leting him down to the ground unceremoniously.

"Thank you..." he said, sheathing the dagger once more and removing a comb from his back pocket, they'd messed up his long hair.

"some of those walls are worse, that was just my golems, some have claws or tentacles or teeth, so I suggest that we take a different route so as to avoid them..."
I wanted to shoot every panda that wouldn't mate to save its own species, I wanted to tip oil tankers to choke all those spanish beaches I would never see, I wanted to breath smoke, I wanted to destroy something beautiful
Razdrez
Tainted

Postby Bamawing » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:18 pm

Orina simply nodded, wide-eyed. "They attack... anything walking past?"

She did note the comb with some envy, although the fork had certainly been sufficiant.

She didn't bother with offering him her arm this time, as she was too involved in watching the walls for any twiching. She was tense but content as she followed him wordlessly through the halls of the fortress.

[[sorry... I'm sick... not feeling particularly creative right now. :cough: :blows nose: Good news: Grfu replied and promised to post something "profound" tonight! :grin: :blows nose again: feel free to fill in any gaps as you wish. Just remember that Orina needs to change first. :sniffle: ]]
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Razdrez » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:07 am

The rest of the trip through the fortress went reasonably well, Orina hadn't offered a hand to be held, but Soban took one anyway, she'd asked to be kept at arm's length, and Soban preferred their safety to much else.

Avoiding other traps, a wandering demon, more mercenaries and artificial nagas, it would appear soon after that Soban's tour of the fortress was over as he found himself at the door of the summoner's quarters, instructing Orina to wait outside, Soben entered, a very loud shouting match began inside, it was seemingly about clan matters, or something along those lines.

Soban emerged later, looking a little worse for wear, his clothing was messed up and his hair a little singed, but other than that, he was fine.

The return trip was uneventful, Soban avoiding the traps and demons, the entrance hall was empty, the mercenaries elsewhere, and back down to the basements, around the whiplash corridors to Soban's apartments, where he began preparations for what may come, taking a tool kit to examine Kyore's arm, as he had asked, a second dagger in case things got ugly and slipped on a thick spider silk cloak, which was the closest thing to armor he had.

Leaving Orina to change, he gave Shou'lia a brief check of her mana gems whilst he waited, which didn't take too long, and the three left the apartments and the fortress with haste, they didn't really have any specified time to be at the Black Dragon, so it was better to get there quickly.

[[And we're off.]]
Razdrez
Tainted

Postby Bamawing » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:28 pm

[[Thanks. I'm feeling a bit better today. :sniffle: :) ]]

Orina was mildly bewildered at the sheer number of strange beings in the fortress. The demon had interested her, as had the artificial nagas. She was vaguely curious about the goings-on in the summoner's room, but a servant's place was not to ask.

Her new robes were warm and dry, just as she had predicted. She left the blue barette on... but covered it with the hat. She also grabbed the overcloak, in case she would need to disguse her hair. With a breif flash of inspiration, she put the overcloak (such as it was, anyway) into the satchel instead of the harp. The harp would be far safer here. While she was at it, she added the needle and thread and ada that Shoulia had been holding when she woke up. Orina wasn't sure if this ada was hers or her master's, but either way it might come in handy.

She found Soban and Shoulia waiting for her, and then they were off.

[[see you at the Black Dragon Tavern!]]
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Gelorn » Thu May 04, 2006 3:07 am

--Comming from the Black Dragon--

Two mercinaries hobbled up to the entrance of the fortress, both of them had an arm slung over their shoulder of what looked like a Vloz'ress noble who was already lightly bandaged to slow down, or even stop some of his wounds. Ofcourse this took time to do as the had stopped in hopes the beserker that was with them would catch up to them. However, it seems that the beserker still made no indication of catching up and the two mercinaries feared the worst.

However, first things first. Moving up to the gates the two opened the doors themselves to the fortress before heading in and carrying the injured noble to the infirmary. Apon reaching it they placed the noble on one of the beds whilst one of the mercinaries started talking to one of the staff there about what happened and what they had already done to help him. The staff member nodded finally after getting the full story and signalled for them to leave, which the mercinaries did.

The same staff member then started to finish off treating the wounds of the noble so they didnt infect, however some would leave small scars unfortunately.

((Feel free to wake up at any time))
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Khorne » Fri May 05, 2006 12:16 pm

About 30 minutes after the staff had finished putting on the bandages on Khornes wounds he finally awakes. He looks around the room with empty eyes, and it takes him a few minutes of thinking before he recognizes his surroundings. "I'm home?" He can't hold back a small smile. The stubborn Warden had lost her great catch. Suddenly he sits up in his bed, looking extremely pale, even for a Drow. "My journal!" Khorne looks around in the chamber but can't see his backpack anywhere. "Oh crap, the Drowhiir bitch still got my journal!" Khorne is yelling very loud, and with a lot of trouble he manages to get on his feet.
Khorne
Tainted

Postby Gelorn » Tue May 09, 2006 12:22 pm

The male staff member who was currently in the sick room noticed his patient wake up and quickly moved around to stop him getting anywhere in a hurry, saying as he lried to get Khorne to sit back down on the bed "You shouldnt be moving right now. Your body is still weak and if you weaken it anymore, the demon inside of you will take control of you. It is best to rest for now and recoperate otherwise you have more to lose then just your journal."
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Laisenna » Sun May 28, 2006 4:21 am

"My my my, home sweet home I guess. It is nice to be back."

With a small grin, Lai'Senna strolled up the single pathway to the Vloz'ress fortress. Many hated the location that was picked out, or the fact that the place was in such a dissaray, that many guards had even become lost, but not Lai'Senna, she enjoyed it. She loved the fact that she could look over into the rift, which for many, was thought to be where demons came from. That idea usually made her laugh right in thier face as she passed them bye.

Her mental wanderings were brought to a end as she neared the door. The large heavy door creaked open, as the mercanaries the clan hired made sure to open the door for her. With a small chuckle, Lai'Senna passed the two, petting her braid that rested on her shoulder. Her eyes roamed the structure of the fortress as she stood at the closed gates. With a deep breath, she gave another of her trademark disturbing grins, before she moved off to her room. Of course she felt the dark aurora that now surrounded the entire fortress, but just chalked it up to the Ill'Haress. It was a shame she had never met the girl before she had been thrust into the position of leadership. She could have made a good pet.

It was a while later that she finally arrived at her room. With a small sigh, Lai rested her dual sided naginata on the wall next to her door, and moved to her bed. With a small huff, she fell face first into the bed, and just relaxed. The journey home had been a touch strenous, and she had to find a way to release the tension soon.
Laisenna
Tik'tikki

Postby Miburo » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:45 am

A heavy slap in the face woke Fame'nidea from her sleep, she jerked into a sitting position and looked around her bedroom. Everything was normal as it should be slightly messy but no sigh of any attack.
She then felt the heavy weight on her lap, the scaley tail of her naga pet. She grubled a few comments as she pushed it back to the floor. Secu had been sleeping restlessly again, the scientists had told her it was normal, while sleeping the level of toxins in the brain reduces and so their previous memories start to play up now and then.

Fame got out of bed and petted the artificial naga on the head "Wake up sleepyhead. you must be dreaming again." While the young summoner started washing herself and dressing up Secu started with his routine of making up his mistress bed.
By the time Fame was fully dressed and did her hair, Secu was already waiting for the next instruction. With a short hand gesture she asked him to follow her to the next room.

They both entered the main living area of her family, her mother Ganrida was busy setting the table for breakfast, her father was nowhere to be seen. As usual she tought, her mom had just placed two plates on the table. "Goodmorning mother, I hope you have slept well today."
no response, Fame took another plate and a knife from the cubboard, jumped aside as her mother almost ran into her and placed the plate infront of an empty chair.

Ganrida stopped humming as the door opened and Metzen walked in carrying a serving tray with food. "Here you go dearest" he kissed Ganrida has he handed the tray to his wife. "AH, I see my little princess is up too." The golem maker ruffles his daughters hair and gave her a peck on the forehead. "Dad, stop calling me that, I'm a grownup already" she said smilingly.
The family enjoyed a quiet breakfast and after feeding the scraps of tikitikimeat and mushrooms to Secu, Fame'nidea was ready to start the day. She ordered Secu to stay within the family chambers and help her mother out when she needed it. The girl then left to wander the tower a bit.

((OOC: nether-summoner in training looking for an RP to join.))
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby grfu » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:23 am

((Time for a meeting of teacher and student. Fame would obviously not be joining the expedition, but it's always nice to have old friends run into each other.))

Uul'Shiana was storming down the hall, once again dressed in the flowing robes and sealing armor of a high ranking nether summoner. Her daemonic mask fits her mood, snarling and angry. She grips her trident to the point where her knuckles turn white, which is very difficult for a drow. Borakna and Hileana follow in her wake, keeping silent, making no move to calm their mistress. They know it is futile. Uul'Shiana is in such anger that she just barely avoids running over Fame'nidea. When she sees who it is, she is instantly calmed. Her former student was always a pleasant sight.

"Good morning, child. I trust you have been keeping up with your training since you left me, or have you gotten soft over the years?"

Hileana removes her mask and greets Fame with a warm smile. Borakna grins widely and ruffles the young drow's hair, the huge berserker dwarfing the young drow.

"Hey kiddo, long time, no see. What have you been up to?"
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Miburo » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:47 am

Fame'nidea had been preoccupied by following a small snake that was slithering down the hallway to notice the slaves and mercenaries who tried to get out of this hallway as fast as they could. That was normally a clear sign of a nethersummoner with PMS arriving.
From the corner of her eye Fame saw something coming her way and she was able to jump aside just in time. SHe looked up ready to apologize for standing in the way but then she noticed the familiar face.

"Miss Uul'shiana !!" she called out and quickly grabbed hold of her teacher, it had been a couple of years since they had last seen eachother. She quickly let go, Fame knew her teacher didn't like to be held especially where slaves or other could see it. She waved at Hileana and as Borakna was ruffling her hair she held on to the berserkers hand, being lifted a few inches into the air as he pulled his hand back.

As the teacher asked about her pupils training, Fame had to try her best not to turn red. She recalled what happened when she didn't do her work when she was younger... it had taken months for the hair to grow back ...
"No, I mean yes, I have been working really hard Miss Uul'shiana. I really got stronger and my dad found a soulseeker for me he is also really strong and very cute ..."
The girl quickly clasped her hands in front of her mouth she had been babbling again and made a fool of herself, Fame could already see Borakna smirking.

Even more red then she already was the young summoner started fixing her tails back, the berserker had pulled some hair loose and Fame tried to casually pretend she never said anything foolish.
"I'm on my way to the tavern now, ... I think it's important we keep an eye on it now the ownership has shifted from the Sharen to the Sarghress peasants. Just to make sure they keep their neutrality and don't give in to the greyskins too much."
A lovely excuse but actualy she was going because of her father. The golemmaker had put a lot of money on the fifth battle today and he has asked his little girl to go and make sure the fight wasn't going to be rigged. At least not in the way that he would loose his money.

She remained silent for a second and then looked up to her teacher with a glimmer of hope in her eyes. "Are you back in Chel'el'sussoloth for good again?"
Miburo
Vel'akar

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby grfu » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:10 am

Borakna gave a hearty laugh at Fame's comment about her soulseeker.

"I am sure you have him wrapped 'round your finger. Do you remember when we were that young Hileana?"

Hileana chuckled lightly.

"Quite vividly. I remember that young empath that sought to steal you away. If I remember correctly, you were equally infatuated . . . that is, until I was through with you."

Uul'Shiana shared a laugh with her retainers as they recalled amusing events.

Uul'Shiana was perhaps one of the more level headed nether summoners, aside from her love life, that is. She was pragmatic, yet proud of her roots and confident in her abilities. She also had a healthy respect for a clan such as the Sarghess. Quian'tana deserved respect for holding that clan together.

"Peasants? Remember child, that you should respect the strength of your foes and to never forget our own beginnings. We were once little more than peasants. Do not let a little taste of influence go to your head."

"I am afraid that I will not be staying in Chel for long, child. Kyore has shown himself again. I intend to take him back."
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive