Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Illhar'do Fortress

Postby Vajra » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:16 am

Illurius angrily tossed a loose lock of his silver hair over his shoulder, too impatient to properly re-tie his ponytail. The Ill'har'dro was not known for their sellswords and indeed, such as himself are often scoffed at, elders of the clan knowing that travelling martial artists hired as companions for independent travellers amounted to potential saboteurs of the Clan's good and neutral reputation...

Seeking a suitable party to sell his services too was amounting to looking for a needle in a haystack, and worse, there was no formal recruitment site for those seeking travelling guides and guardians. Don't even mention the professional soldiers who actively denied the Ill'har'dro sellswords' existence.

Perhaps in a past era the travelling swordsman was a popular icon of folklore. Today the Illharess might proclaim about the wonders of travelling the realm, but only her daughters had free will to do so.

But what else could he do other than behaving like some peasant whore? His family, and that of his former mistress did not wish to retain his services, nor was he conditioned to do much else besides executing the will of another. Fae'chaersuul Vae'yall represented more than just Illurius's superior; she had become, over time, a critical component in his life. It was her will, and Illurius was happy to follow.

And now she was gone.
Vajra
Tainted

Postby Gelorn » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:59 am

((Comming from the Metal Heaven armoury))

Even though she walked briskly from the armoury it still took a bit of time for Mal'lisa and her companions to reach the top of the hill that the Illhar'do fortress rested on. Though the climb wasnt easy Mal'lisa looked almost fine after climbing up it. Without waisting time or checking on the rest of the comrades that she traveled with she imidiately went up to the gates of the fortress before directing her slave to knock on the doors, which she did, before waiting, not even looking at the Val'shagress warriors with her.
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Big P » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:05 am

Pharaun simply paid a passing glance at the Ilhar'dro fortress. He considered art rather useless. The fine edge of a blade could accomplish more then an ornate piece of sculpture. That philosophy served him well enough in his four decades of existence.

The drowolath warrior was content to hold his ground ten paces from his employer, alert and patient as always.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby Ssin'urn » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:22 am

Arion himself was trailing closely behind, about a few steps behind the younger Drowolath. He looked up at the fortress, his eyes devoid of all emotion that could betray his thoughts. He just hoped the noble would hurry up and get on with it. His patience was running dry, really.

He sighed, shaking his head. He was off similar mindset than Pharaun when it came to art, only that he could appreciate it if it was something truly beautiful. But he wouldn't waste his time creating or gazing at something other's called art, and his understanding of art differed greatly from the show-off of luxury that was the Illhar'dro fortress.

Slowly he lowered his gaze again, coming to rest on the noble. Instead of stopping when her slae knocked on the doors, he proceeded to walk towards her, stopping only a few steps behind her. There was no sense waiting at a distance only to enter a door a few moments later, and he was also quite intent to show he wasn't playing servant for the noble, but instead collecting payment for a task he said to fullfill and that he had fullfilled now.
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Location: In my bombshelter, playing cards with the ghosts of diseased madmen.

Postby Gelorn » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:42 am

((You have all permission to blow up my work at any time... no please, do so.))

Checking for a split second to see if her guards were still there Mal'lisa sighed a bit and looked like she loosened up a bit before looking at her clans fortress'es doors once more and riase her hand again to knock again. At that very moment the doors opened, showing behind it two Illhardro soldiers looking as if they were ready to attack anyone outside.

Without even taking a second to acnowledge Mal'lisa the two warriors quickly ran outside past the noble and the two Val'shagress warriors before standing behind them with their backs to the fortress walls, looking out to check if no-one else was comming. At the same time Mal'lisa entered inside the fortress, saying "Dont mind them, they are just double checking nothing followed us. Come, Ill take you to my room." before doing what she said.

((One post from each before reaching the room))
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Big P » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:10 pm

Pharaun's first instinct was to grab his sword hilt when the guards came forward but he resisted it. Given the circumstances that course of action would be extremely unwise.

Once the guards had passed and Mal'lisa had spoken her piece, the Sarghress nodded and followed.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby Ssin'urn » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:45 am

Arion didn't even blink when the guards emerged, contrary to his companion, he just stood there, his eyes fixed on what was before him. He sighed once as the Illhar'dro noble told them to follow her, shaking his head and throwing a glance over his shoulder at the two guards. Wouldn't it have been visible had someone followed them?

Slowly, purposefully, he strode forward, trailing behind the noble as well as Pharaun this time. To her room...great, she should just get it over with. Arion's patience was wearing thin, and he had no intention to waste any more time with senseless pleasantries. However, he had enough restraint to keep quiet and follow, for now...
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Postby Gelorn » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:43 pm

At the entrance to Mal'lisa's room the three drow stood whilst Mal'lisa's slave started to unlock the door and open it for everyone.Once open Mal'lisa did not waist a second before stepping in, nearl shoving her slave out of the way, her room. The room itself, was a mess. Pages everywhere and books both closed and open everywhere, on the bed, desks, everywhere imaginable. Yet as she entered the slave made no attempt to tidy up in the slightest way as she stood aside to let the two warriors into the room.

Inside the room, Mal'lisa was quickly lookingthrough draws and shelves for something, trying not to touch the mess in the room at the same time.
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Big P » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:52 am

Pharaun frowned slightly at the disorderly mess this noble had for a room. Despite his displeasure, he knew better then to voice and simply waited for the Ilhar'dro to fetch whatever it was she was looking for.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby Ssin'urn » Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:10 am

Arion stepped forward gingerly, and like Pharaun, a frown began to form on his features, too. He looked around, his eyebrows rising until they nearly disappeared into his hairline, and he shook his head ever so slightly. It looked a right mess, yeah, but it didn't look as if the noble was simply a messy person. No, to Arion's trained eyes, it looked as if someone had been looking for something, and was not so subtle about it.

After he had completed his scanning of the room, he looked towards Pharaun. He didn't say anything, but his eyes clearly said that he hoped this wouldn't mean another errand for the noble. He just wanted to get back to the fortress and take a rest.
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Postby Gelorn » Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:04 pm

((Late reply again. Work is having a 'customer appretiation' week where all the staff get to work rediculous amounts for no extra pay... speaking of which, you probably wont see me till monday the earliest since it also drags through the weekend... which means I get to spend my weekend at work... fun.))

After a couple more minutes of scrumaging and cursing Mal'lisa finally stood up and proclaimed "Found it" in a loudish voice, to which the human female tried very hard nto to laugh at, before heading over to the two Val'Shagress warriors holding a pouch in her hand.

Stopping a tep or two away from them she held out the pouch with her right arm, fully streching it so that the pouch was easily within reach of them. She then said to both of the warriors, in her usual noble tone, "This should cover what you did for me today. Its jems."

Yet. Before either warrior could move to take the pouch, a voice behind them spoke out, saying "Dont tell me you were attack again? How many times this month does this make?"
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Ssin'urn » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:14 pm

Arion was still left wondering what the mess in that room implied. Either way, it seemed out of place, especially as one would expect the slaves to clean it and tidy things up, instead of leaving such a mess. However, the old Faern didn't really care much why exactly everything was a mess. At another point he might have, but today has been exciting enough. He had a minor wound that he should better have looked at by a healer, he was pretty much drained, mana-wise, even though admittedly, being in the middle of a fortress helped, with all those auras around.

As she held the pouch, Arion had not even intended to make a move for it, leaving it to his younger companion to take it, but then the voice put an end to his thoughts, anyway. He looked over his shoulder, before looking towards the noble again, slightly raising his eyebrows. "I wonder..." he exclaimed, paying no further attention to whomever was behind him.

"If that was not the first time, I doubt it'll be last." he mumbled, stretching a bit, ignoring etiquette for now. His curiousity, as well as his dismay for assassins(as long as they didn't belong to the Fallen Legion), would likely spell further trouble in the form of trying to further help out the noble, even though he should better get rest. He only hoped that the time he spent simply re-charging his aura, so to say, was enough. He was a competent fighter without his magic, after all.

"Well, I can't speak for Pharaun...but I don't think our job is done. After all, our job was ensuring you are safe, and as I already said, if this wasn't the first time, it's unlikely it will be the last." the Faern stated, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "So your safety is in jeopardy. I myself usually see a job to it's end."
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Postby Big P » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:54 pm

Pharaun had no such qualms about taking that which was rewarded to him and did so without dwelling on the subject. He then listened silently to Arion's observations and nodded in agreement.

"I shall see this through as well," he said simply. It was not that he held any love for the Ilhar'dro or that he felt an obligation toward this particular one. It was simply because he had agreed to do this task.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby Ssin'urn » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:58 pm

(~prods thread~ <-<)
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Postby Ssin'urn » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:15 pm

(Alrighty. Since Gelorn still isn't anywhere in sight, I shall abort this RP. I only hope he's okay, but really, we've been waiting far too long. My character is also officially retired by now.)
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive