Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Illhar'do Fortress

Re: Chel'el'sussoloth- Illhar'do Fortress

Postby Rilla Treespirit » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:42 pm

Rilla'me after aimlessly wandering the streets of Chel for some time had decided that she should find work, preferably something involving plants. Since she'd wandered close to the Illhar'dro fortress she'd climbed the hill and looked around at the hustle and bustle around her.
"Beautiful, just... beautiful" she murmured in response to the art all around her.

Not knowing where to go she walked over to the nearest person and said "Excuse me, could you help me? I-"

The woman glanced at her and waved her away. "Sorry girl I'm in a hurry got to get this lot packed." she picked up a crate and hurried away. The next few people reacted in much the same way.

Rilla'me hesitated, looking around and sighed. This was going to be a long long day.

a few weeks later

After failing to get a job with the Illhar'dro and every other major clan she tried (with the notable exception of the Sharen and Vloz'ress, that tainted scum *shudder*) She set off for Val'Raveran, hoping she would find more luck there.
Rilla Treespirit
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:37 am

((Note that I'm reusing a character from a different thread here. Word of Thalar says this is permissible. Anyone I am RPing with can assume that this is post-current timeline))

Well. After that fiasco involving a drider who may or may not have been insane and said drider's tendencies to be overly clingy, Detir'nah Itar'nae Illhar'dro was glad to have finally reached his clan's fortress. It appeared to be slightly less than busy, however.

"YO!!" he shouted. "ANYONE WANT TO GET HIGH?!!" He pointed (for no reason) at the cart of hallucinogenic mushrooms behind him. This, of course, assumed that anybody in the Illhar'dro (or anyone over there for no reason whatsoever) wanted to get high.
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Pariel » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:21 pm

Shamsha's gesture turned into a deep frown. Illhar'dro were renowned for their craft and materials, impeccable manners and straightforward attitude, which was one of the things that she had considered when picking a place to go out shopping for some plushie dolls. The towering, plate clad female folded her arms as she shook her head upon noticing a tall male acting all brash and loud.

Impeccable manners her ass, she cursed mentally in repressed formality. That male was trying to sell his poison in the loudest way possible. This kind of commodities were something that she loathed, as they could turn hazy the sharpest of the senses, and expose hidden depths of people, leaving then defenceless against the trickery of others, specially the males. That was a lesson she once learnt with the Sullisin'rune.

She advanced a couple of slow, heavy steps towards the male, hoping her presence would not be unnoticed. And she would most likely not, a giant Beldrobbaen Val outside her own fortress of shadow corridors was something that would not go amiss in the lit surroundings of the Illhar'dro fortress.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:10 am

Detir did indeed see said Beldrobbean female advancing toward him in a fairly menacing way.

Hm. Drug hater. Running might be a good plan here.

Regardless, it would probably be best to try and NOT get killed, as running would likely (given the temper of many Drow) get him killed. Unfortunately, his interactions with Beldrobbean Val were pitifully small (ie: none), but politeness was always a good plan, right?

"Hello, honorable Val!" he said, maintaining decorum while being cheerful but subtly edging back towards the cart and getting ready to run. "How can I help you?"

((Isn't it Sillusinrune that are supposed to be impeccably polite?))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Pariel » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:48 am

((What makes you think it? Illhar'dro are much more adept at being friendly with everyone.))

Shamshayid smiled inwardly. The male seemed to get the message as he seemed to be ready to jump at a moment's notice. Good. There wouldn't be stupid questions about what she was going to ask. "Well, Illhar'dro, if you would be so kind to give me some directions to one of the Illhar'dro plushmakers I will leave you and your poison selling be. Illhar'dro crafts well deserve a trip outside our fortress."

She stood upright, in a utmost neutral stance, although she felt now confident enough that she stopped frowning and scowling at the male, instead assuming a neutral expression while awaiting an answer.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:21 pm

"Um, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure where they would be anymore," said Detir, scratching his head sheepishly. "The last time I was here, they were over in section 3 in the big building labeled "Plushy Guild" ((I have no idea what I'm doing, by the way)), but given the lack of activity-" Detir waved at the completely empty square "-I wouldn't be surprised if everyone decided to go party at the Sillusinrune dome...."
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Sonor Val'Illhar'dro » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:51 am

"Detir!"

The melodious voice of a Illhar'dro female swept from the tops of some stairs. Just returning from a trip to Val'Raveran with some Sullisin'rune companions, Suru'sunduiri barely had time to prop her feet and lounge in her wealth before she heard the distant cries of a shroom seller. The Illhar'dro did trade in many fields, drugs one of them, but for the respectability and face of the clan.... Still dressed in her traveling clothes, her dark blue cloak fluttering behind her and her ponytail following in the waft of warm breeze, Suru approached the Beldrobbaen and her fellow Illhar'dro. Snatching his arm in the harshest manner possible, Suru leaned in imperceptibly and cloaked in spell song, whispered in his ear.

"The drug market is at the south end."

She gave an appraising look over his cart and added.

"Don't mix your wares with the chocolate."

Unleashing her vice like grip on the male's arm, she turned with surprising sweetness and swiftness to the Bel. The Beldrobbaen was, needless to say, a pariah in this Illhar'dro fortress that glitter, gleamed, sparkled and glowed in many more ways than thought of. But Suru dealt with the Beldrobbaen on a daily basis, afterall, her silk investments heavily depended on good drider relations. Looking up (and oh boy did she really look up), Suru adopted the most honey suckled tone she could muster.

"Welcome Lady Val Beldrobbaen. The office of textiles and fabrics is located at the west end...or perhaps you have come for another reason?"

She peered up quizzically.
Sonor Val'Illhar'dro
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:40 am

Detir flushed. Oh Goddess, of all the mistakes to make. He KNEW the market seemed a bit quiet. However, discretion was the better part of valor and he now needed to find a way to extricate himself without embarrassing the clan or the nice lady anymore.

....foreman!!

"Excuse me, ladies," he said, and ran to a nearby NPC who happened to be walking by. Some whispered conversation and a subtle exchange of ada later and Detir's cart was being trundled off to the south wing. For now, in storage, but he'd reclaim and sell them later.

Detir paused, unsure if the ladies were going to continue and whether or not he was welcome....
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby Pariel » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Shamsa's expression became a deep frown when the male mentioned the parties.Damned cats, they always managed to spread their decadence further and further, and they were liked by it. She had resigned to go elsewhere to look when a second voice noticed her attention. Directly staring at the newcomer's actions, she saw her lecturing the male and then addressing her. At last someone more palatable than a low key drug dealing spermbag. Her frown disappeared quickly, her face regaining a neutral stance with no particular emotion.

"I thank you for your welcome, Illhar'dro. I have known of your clan's mastery of arts and crafts, and I am here for the latter. I do not deal in the silk business, as my attire can testify." She rapped a couple of fingers in her full plate."But I could use a few toys and plushies for my own descendants. And It is only befitting of me that I give them something of quality." She added. "Would you be so kind to point me in the right direction that is not a Sullisin'rune party?" She casted a side glance at the male, expressing her disatisfaction upon his answer.

They were useless for the most part, save for siring kids. There were exceptions, but that male didn't look like one.
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:08 pm

((I feel so discriminated against o_O I suppose I'll wait here for awhile? ))
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:38 pm

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:((I feel so discriminated against o_O I suppose I'll wait here for awhile? ))

((*invites to Sul party* :3 ))
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby DeadPigeonGolem » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:44 pm

blackshade10 wrote:
DeadPigeonGolem wrote:((I feel so discriminated against o_O I suppose I'll wait here for awhile? ))

((Where? *blush* :3 )
DeadPigeonGolem
Vel'akar

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:53 pm

DeadPigeonGolem wrote:
blackshade10 wrote:

((Where? *blush* :3 )

((Dome of course. :D ))
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Pariel » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:07 pm

((blackshade, I would rather appreciate that you didn't spam the roleplay thread with OOC comments if you're not playing a character.))
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:11 pm

((I really did mean it actually. : P If anyone wants to jump IC at the dome.))
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive