Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Sullisin'rune Fortress

Postby Kenji » Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:56 pm

Kenji blinked
O-k, What was all that about?
Kenji took a pause to look at the others
Uh - Actually i got my reasons for Despising My Ex-Mistress, Nothing to do with you though Kenji said calmly trying to explain Wait - Thats not an issue anymore is it?

Kenji lifted his arms behind his head and put on a fake grin.
I kinda lost everybody when we came in - so i was going to go play my flute somewhere, Get some cash for Mushroom Beer.
Kenji
Demon

Postby Bamawing » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:33 pm

Orina's steady gaze at Kyore had not even been broken by Soban's approach... although this was due mostly to her shame in having disobeyed him. Upon hearing his voice her cheeks reddened but her shoulders relaxed... worst come to worst, they could flee, and she knew that even though he was angry, he would protect her.

Kenji's response, however, caused her to waver. She blinked, hesitated, and then drooped her head slighly to address Soban. While she was talking, however, her eyes kept darting to Kyore, as if she expected him to run away at any second.

"You did, master. I am sorry. I only saw the human... and I wanted some answers," she said simply, blushing and not meeting his eyes. "I did not mean to attract the attention of the Illhardro."

Then she turned to Kenji, perhaps to stall for some time. Her rage had evaporated, and she regarded him curiously. "I thought you were talking about Sel'Suna. I do not know your mistress.

"Human do not wear collars on the surface? The ones - the humans, I mean - in the farm nursery all had trouble keeping their necks up," she added frankly.

"You don't have to play for ada here," she continued. "Everything is free for the taking. Even for humans. But if he's not your Master" - she indicated Kyore - "then why are you here with him, and not on your way to Raveran?"

Upon mention of such a strange and lawless place, Orina instincively glanced around. But everyone within sight seemed to be too occupied with merrymaking to notice her, except for a large slave behind Soban. He looked like a fighter, but did not look like he was about to attack Soban, so she returned her gaze to alternate between Kyore and Kenji. She had managed to get herself into more than she had barganed for to get these answers, and she did not want to leave without them.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:47 pm

(Description:
Werth’s black hair covers his eyes a bit; he doesn’t cut his hair till it’s too hard to see. Build: 6'0, short and lanky, he can be quite quick on his feet.
Scars, jewelry, etc. : Has a scar on his right foot where he dropped his sword once, earring pierce hole on his right ear ( stolen), some on his back from getting whipped.
Eyes : Brown. Normal text when he is speaking is Drow, red is human.)

Werth assesed the situation. The female human must belong to the healer. The other, collarless human and Illhardo must be the ones having the disagreement with him.

Hearing the comment about humans and collars he chuckled and said, " No, humans don't wear collars on the surface. I think I would know. Are these men in a disagreement with you and your master? "

"As for you," he said turning to face Kenji, "I wouldn't walk around without a collar, good way to get thrown into the arena, like me... And I doubt you have enough skill with a weapon to survive either."
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Kenji » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:56 pm

I'm not going to pretend to be something i'm not, Kenji gave the Unknown Man a Glare... At least not all the time

I'm from Chel' and i'm not about to abandon the place because theres some fairytale land to run off to. Kenji stated switching his attension to Orina Your lucky to have had a mistress like the one you did, My mistress killed my parents.

Kenji put on a Hateful and Sadistic Smile...

Oh.. and my reason for hanging out with my friend the Master Bard here is that he Invited me to this party, Thought i might Get some leads for a job i'm on here so i came along - Also Theres food here and i'm freakin' Starving!
Kenji
Demon

Postby grfu » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:13 am

Kyore regards Werth coldly. He speaks to him in the guttural tongue of humans.

"There is no disagreement. Slaves should know when to hold their tongues in any language."

Kyore speaks in drow again.

"This human is under my protection, though he is in more danger than he realizes."

Kyore offered Soban and Orina a war smile.

"Do not be too hard on her, Soban. Young humans can be inquisitive."

Kyore turns away and pulls Kenji along with his mechanical arm. His grip is firm and cold.

"Come Kenji, let us find a place where we might speak in private, and I may tell you of your plight."

He pulls Kenji away from the crowds, towards the secluded rooms. He finds an empty one, pulls Kenji in after him, and closes the door.

"Sit down." He says, regarding the chair.
grfu
Vel'akar

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Bamawing » Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:30 pm

Orina was feeling slightly confused to the point of being bemused. It had never occured to her that humans had parents. Marian, the gnome who had raised her during childhood, had always told her that human babies were found under large mushrooms.

She didn't have the courage - yet - to face her master and the strange human he was with, but he seemed to be actually from the surface, and perfectly well civilized. Furthermore, he spoke strange words... almost like a different language. It sounded, to her, a bit like the grunts of an orc. But the Ill'hardro noble was able to speak it as well.

Speaking of the Ill'hardro, he seemed to be less interested in her than in the fate of the collarless human. She wondered what they were talking about. She also wondered how much time had passed. If the hour was up, they must return. She had a mushroom wristlet to bestow upon Shou'lia.

She turned to face Soban, and guiltily offered an explanation. "I'm so sorry master... I just wanted to know how the collarless human kept his head up. How did you deal with the pleasure slave?"
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Kenji » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:41 pm

Kenji sat down on the offered seat.
Well if your going to pull me away like that its got to be important. Kenji said grudgingly

Kenji rubbed at his chin and then said inquisitively
So, what can i do for you Kyore?
Kenji
Demon

Postby grfu » Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:20 pm

"More important than you could possibly know. You know that I am an Ilhar'dro noble, and this implies that I know many things, particularly about music and musical instruments."

"That flute that you carry, only the finest Ilhar'dro musicians are given such instruments. The Ilhar'dro would die before relinquishing it. Which leads me to the conclusion that you either stole that flute or that you killed one of my cousins and looted his body. Both of these situations carry a heavy punishment, so which one is it, and please, don't lie to me again."
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Kenji » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:37 pm

Kenji's heart froze,
Eh-Heh Kenji managed his scarred eye twitching slightly
Your joking right? Kenji recongised that this apporach wouldn't work

A flash of spite crossed Kenji's face
Look "Pal", Sometimes a guy makes a good haul by acciden't. Now if you wanted to steal my Earnings, why didn't you just mug me like a normal theif? With this comment Kenji began to stand up.
Kenji
Demon

Postby grfu » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:54 pm

"Sit down." This said with much greater force. Kenji should get the impression that his life expectancy would be vastly shorted if he did not obey.

"You are truly a fool if you think I intend to take that flute. It would place even greater suspicion on me to have an instrument that I do not play. As for the instrument itself, you may keep it, but keep it out of sight. My cousins from Chel are not as forgiving as I am."

"I brought you here so that you may understand the gravity of your situation. You are a collarless human, with stolen goods and potentially the blood of a drow on your hands. They will kill you without a second thought. If you do manage to live, you will be returned to the collar and forced to fight in the arenas. I assure you, that you would not last long. I can prevent that. The truth is, that you need me to keep you alive. You are bound to me. Trust that you do not forget it."
grfu
Vel'akar

Postby Razdrez » Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:43 pm

As they left, Soban let out a sigh of relief, they were going, though they knew that they were there, seemed pointless to stick around where they could find them, more the point that if they called the guards Soban could be thrown out for simply being affiliated with his clan.

"Okay, that wasn't so bad as I thought it could have been, thank you" he turned to Werth, "you can come with us and get your writ, you'll need it if your master sobers up."

he didn't actually talk to Orina until they had gotten back to the main arena, he opened the door to the morgue, there was a large beldrobbaen drider laying outside the door.

"If you'll wait inside Werth, I'll write out your writ once I'm done with this."

he removed the device he'd taken form the drawers inside and flicked a small switch on it, letting the spidery legs clamp around the drider's head.

"Curiousity gets the best of us all, but you did ruin our chances of hoping to listen in on them if they get raging drunk and start talking about your predicament..."

as he spoke the drider got to its many feet and walked into the morgue by itself, the little invention meaning it wasn't necessary to drag in the fully armored drider manually, leaving Soban and Orina alone outside.

"As for the slave, there's this thing you can do with your tongue..." he said vaguely.
I wanted to shoot every panda that wouldn't mate to save its own species, I wanted to tip oil tankers to choke all those spanish beaches I would never see, I wanted to breath smoke, I wanted to destroy something beautiful
Razdrez
Tainted

Postby Bamawing » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:09 pm

Orina shivered slightly at the drider. She had seen a few of them, and had seen several pictures. But this was the first drider she had ever seen close up, and it bloody from several wounds, two of them potentally fatal. She wondered vaguely which one had killed the creature, but with a second shudder decided not to think about it.

She watched with interest as Soban animated the creature, and nodded sorrowfully as he mentioned her mistake. When he mentioned the pleasure slave, she just giggled. Few if any Drow are completely prudish by nature, and Sel'Suna was no exception. Just then, a faraway female screamed with pleasure. "It sounds like she is still enjoying your tongue, Master," Orina commented with a grin, as she followed the drider into the morgue.

Once inside, Orina addressed the little child golem standing in the corner. "Shoulia, darling, look what your human got you! A pretty mushroom wristlet, see?" She knelt beside the golem and transfered the wristlet onto the child's wrist. "I won it dancing, just like you danced for me." After a quick huggle, she added, "The human over there is someone who has business with Master Soban. I don't know his name, though..." She turned to Werth. "I'm Orina. And this is Shoulia. She's a puppet, but her soul comes out to play a little."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:18 pm

Turning around to face Orina, Werth said, " Hi, I'm Werth... She's a golem isn't she? First one I've seen..." He reached out to touch the golem. It felt cold. He pulled his hand back and shivered. "I suppose you saw the drider? Bastard, gave me a cut, wasn't that difficult to kill him though."
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Big P » Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:27 am

Pharaun continued to walk amongst the crowds, seeing if he could catch pieces of interesting information as he walked along.
Big P
Vel'akar

Postby Kenji » Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:24 am

Kenji decided to sit down

I see your point, But before you go getting the wrong idea- i'm no murderer, Knowing my profession that'll change soon - but for now - no i've not killed Man Nor Drow. Kenji quickly explained

Although i have no reason to trust you - I'll tell you that i simpley swiped the instrament because i needed to earn some cash to buy food - The thing looks cheap With this said Kenji sighed I got free earlier today - the guard at the stall fell asleep on duty, Managed to get a job working for a... "Anonymous" source - need to find some fowk that free slaves - or something like that - what a job i tell you - so far i think there related to attacks on slavers and one of those Demon-Drow who had a slave. Kenji stopped - trying not to ramble.

If you got any leads for me it'ld help - In the mean time i'll pawn off this piece to some music lover. Unless you have other plans for me. Kenji finished waiting to see what Kyore had to say about this.
Kenji
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive