Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Val'Sarghress

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:45 pm

"Yes, Arion." Despite having to say master and mistress for a long time, he was used to saying the person's name.

He seems like a nice guy, he thinks, not the only nice Drow around, but one of the few. He runs a little to catch up to Arion, then begins to walk at the Drow's pace.
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Ssin'urn » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:54 pm

Arion walked past the guards, nodding towards them, and continuing at his steady pace.

He was not necessarily nice, and he could be quite terrifying if angered, but Arion simply judged people by individual, rather than because of their race or affilitation. That sometimes spelled trouble, however, if he somehow got to like someone he should not like, an enemy of the clan, because he was absolutely loyal to the clan, but he would not sacrifice his way of life.

"So...what lead you to our nice little city? Were you breed underground, or were you taken by one of the slavers from the surface?" he asked after they were at a bit distance from the fortress.
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Location: In my bombshelter, playing cards with the ghosts of diseased madmen.

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:58 pm

"I lived on the surface. I , and my whole village, was captured in a raid by the Highland Raiders." he says.
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Postby Ssin'urn » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:10 pm

"Oh?" honest surprise could be heard in the Drowolath's voice.

"That's strange...must've been after my time as a Highland Raiders, or by another diffision of Highland Raiders.." he said, slowly stroking his chin while walking.

"Still...a whole village? Must've been a small peasant village, huh? It's unusual to capture a whole village."

He turned his gaze upon the human, but still managed to go on without stumbling over something.

"And you do not hate us? Or have you simply learned to hide it?" he smirked amused. He had met many humans who had spit insults upon him. Maybe Werth's will was just already broken. Some slavers could do this to their slaves pretty easily.

"Anyway...known the Black Dragon already? It's quite nice, since it's in our hands, and no longer in those of that filthy weaklings protected by the Sharen."
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:21 pm

"Yes, I've been to the Black Dragon. Not often though. Usually I'm in the fortress training, or in my superiors ... chambers."
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Postby Ssin'urn » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:30 pm

Arion nodded slowly.

"You know, I am not one of those who are absolutely strict and stuff, and it's rather easy to get on my good side, but I would prefer all questions I ask be answered." he said, sounding serious, although more like a bidding than an order.

"Anyway...you fight as a gladiator sometimes?" he said, raising an eyebrow.

They were slowly approaching the main gates of Chel'el'sussoloth already, the City of Light within the Darkness.
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:37 pm

"Sorry," he said, "But those questions can be, some what dangerous if I answer them incorrectly." Sighing, he continues. " Yes, I sometime work as a gladiator. Not by choice, but, it makes the people who get the money happy."
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Postby Ssin'urn » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:53 pm

Arion sighed.

"Well, dangerous. What is not dangerous? How can I know there is not an assassin watching me now, hired by some noble who sees me as a thorn in his side? You have to learn to life with the danger." he said, although more in a tutorous tone.

"No one really works as gladiator by choice, I think. After all, the only possibility to get out alive is drawing the attention and favour of a noble who might buy you." he shrugged his shoulders, nodding only casually to the guards in Chel, and stopping before a the steps leading to the Black Dragon Tavern.

"However, you must really be a good fighter...after all, you are still alive." he said, smirking.

"Humans are most often those who are at a disadvantage in the Arena. You have nearly no natural weapons, like the brute strength of orcs, the poison and claws and enhanced strength of driders, things like that. However, some manage to surprise the spectators..." he said, sounding amused.

"Well, stay close to me in there. Even though it belongs to us now, there may still be many people in there who do not look kindly upon humans."

With that, he headed up the steps and entered the tavern...

(Off to the Black Dragon after your next post)
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:01 pm

Following Arion up the steps, he too enters the Black Dragon Tavern.

(going to Black Dragon tavern)
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Postby Pinhead » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:11 am

Runeinn walks up to the gate of the fortress, having led Xarell through the city to his clan's residence. The gaurds open the gate, and soon the inner walls of the fortress are exposed. Duels abound, animals walking about, whether for excersise or training, soldiers off duty sitting and laughing around fires or sleeping, wherever you look, something is going on. There was no alcohol, but there was a lot of food and drink, regardless. Runeinn pauses, stretches his arms out in front of him, and begins to speak to Xarell.

"Sad is the soul who has never breathed the sweet stench of the Sarghress Fortress," Runeinn declares with a smile on his face. The Sharen fortress was never this lively, even before the Nidrachaal War, and inside there was allies, instead of drunken crowds of Fae and Goblin alike drunk and looking for a fight as was the case in Raveran.

"We honestly should have come here earlier. We may have had some luck. Well, we can rest and regroup here. I've still got frost bite from that ice blooded Sharen bitch." He could only have imagined the beating his old commander would have given him had she heard that. Scary woman.
Pinhead
Demon

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby kembaru » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:12 am

((As a note, Gelorn is still missing, I'm substitute GM for Chel'el'sussoloth as such any NPCs here shall be played by me.

Don't worry.

I won't bite unless you metagame or do anything otherwise very stupid.))
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Earthenflame » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:26 am

Xarell looked around the fortress, the spoke back to Runeinn "it seems the sarghess troops are having a good time. despite their reputation, is it always like this?"
Earthenflame
Tainted

Postby Pinhead » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:08 am

"It comes and it goes. Outside we try to keep up with the image of the other clans, but we're not nearly as boring inside our walls. There's shifts and assignments so the guys in here are just trying to find something to do before they sub out for someone in the city or on the outskirts."
Pinhead
Demon

Postby Earthenflame » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:36 am

"the sarghess seems like a nice place to be, even for the grunts" xarell looks around thoughtfully, then asks "you know this place better than i do. where should we go?
Earthenflame
Tainted

Postby Pinhead » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:25 am

"Well, let's go to the barracks first. They've got food in there and places to sleep for a while. I'm not sure about you, but I'm in need of both."

((Computer issues are a frequent problem with me. But I refuse to abandon this!))
Pinhead
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive