Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Val'Sarghress

Chel'el'sussoloth- Val'Sarghress

Postby Gelorn » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:07 am

-Description-
A dwarven bastion, destroyed by the drow in the past and restored by the mercenary clan Sarghress. It is a plain place without many decorations, unlike the Sharen fortress. Built far from the city, between hills and protected by a forest of great fungus, it is the perfect place for taking care of the huge army of the Sarghress. Several areas were built around it and within to train the soldiers, militia and mercenaries in the art of war. Out of all of the fortresses in the city, this one is the closest to a self sufficient town-state.

-Atmosphere-
As you make your way towards the fortress walls through the small town near it you feel a sense of great pride overcome you. Looking around you see dedicated warriors who take pride in their clan and their weapons. You know taking this fortess down will not be an easy task for anyone even though the fortress looks plain.

Note: Same story as the Vel'Sharen clan.
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby MixedSoul » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:05 am

Starting down the long road to the Sarghress fortress, Alaken doesn't hurry, not that he takes his time. He moves at a steady pace, barely paying attention to the area surrounding him as he does. His mind is lost in thought of what he's agreed to do..on the same day he came back for leave.

As he passes the pools where food is cultivated, he glances towards the workers there and raises his hand in a wave, then returns to his interal musing. He might not be paying much attention, but that's relative. He was still alert to his surroundings, watching for anybody or thing that might prove a problem. "Ah, Sharess...why do I keep getting into things like this?"
MixedSoul
Nether Seed

Postby MixedSoul » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:49 am

Finally Alaken reaches the fortress stronghold of the Shargress, moving swiftly to the portion of the fortress that contains his own rooms. Well..room. Highland Raider or no, he was still just a male, and no longer even an officer.

Moving to the wardrobeish piece of furniture, he opens it, and considers what it contains. First of all, he draws out a sort of holster, that connects to the belt he has on allready and straps to his leg. Woring quickly with the familiar item, he attaches it properly, then draws out a small case. Flipping it open, he counts the bolts inside, then frowns slightly. Seven. He needed to stop by a weapon shop and get those replaced. That thought absently makes him think, for at least the hundreth time over the years, that he should have some weaponry be put into his armor. He fixes it into it's holster anyway, then draws out another.

This one he attaches to his back, adjusting it to just the right slant before tightening it down. Then he draws out a light crossbow. He inspects it carefullly, just as he did before putting it away, to make sure there was no damage, no debris caught in the workings, nothing to cause it to misfire or fail to fire when he needed it. Then he slips it into it's holster, the arms folding in to accomodate it. Next he grabs up a small pack, flipping it open and checking the contents before sliding it on and tightening it.

Finally, he takes up his helmet, and slides it onto his head. He closes and opens it a few times to make sure it's still in proper working order, then closes it finally and considers whether he's forgetting anything. It's probably too soon to be getting geared up, but for all he knew it could happen at any minute. Giving the room one last look, he turns and makes his way out, intent on reaching the weapons shop.
MixedSoul
Nether Seed

Postby Zombomaniac » Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:08 am

About the outskirts of the Fortress a shadowed figure travels throught the Mushroom Forest. He avoids contact with anyone not wanting to be seen yet.
Watchng from this forest he has spent many days like this. Seen Merchants, and Warriors come and go and recently saw a large carvan leave, but dared not follow it for he know who was in it and where it was going.
Many close calls and a few sightings, but he still went unmulested within the forest.
Zombomaniac
Nether Seed

Postby Segzhan » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:47 am

((Oi, Zombomaniac, stop right there. You need to be approved before you start playing.))
Segzhan
Culinary Genius

Location: The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Zombomaniac » Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:06 am

Segzhan wrote:((Oi, Zombomaniac, stop right there. You need to be approved before you start playing.))

Crap. Sorry.
Zombomaniac
Nether Seed

Postby Ssin'urn » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:26 pm

In one of those buildings slightly aside of the main building, a lone warrior lies in his room.

Staring at the ceiling, and twisting a single coin of ada between the fingers of his left hand, Arion seems to be lost in thought.

If anyone were to be in his room, which obviously no one aside him is, they would see a male Drowolath, probably standing as huge as a male Drowolath gets, and rather broad-shouldered, lying on his bed with a forlorn expression, so deep in thoughts he seemed to notice nothing going on.

Even as a slave entered and brought a few changes of clothes from the laundry, he did not react. The slaves were used to him not wishing to be disturbed, and they knew they could enter without knocking first. If the door was locked, they knew they had to come back again later. He was definitely an oddity. If he reacted to a slave, he did so often in a friendly manner, and treated them with respect.

He looked like a rather young Drowolath, probably in his fifties. Nothing gave away that he was in fact over four centuries old, an original member of the Val'Sarghress.

If the centuries of battle had taken his tool on him, it was currently not visible. Not a single scar marred his rather soft facial features. Only two scars were still visible on his body, and they were obscured by the light short he currently wore.

Finally, the coin of ada in his hand came to a rest, and his expression focused slowly.

Sitting up, and shaking his head a bit, he looked around in his room.

It was not small, fitting the needs of an rather high-ranking Sarghress. Nothing fancy, like you would expect in a nobles room. Everything seemed to have practical use. A desk for writing, wardrobe for his clothing, stands for his armors and weapons, and a small area that was rather clear, used for sparring-purposes, should one of the younger warriors decide they needed a bit of tutoring in swordmanship, or should one of the older warriors seek to distract themselves with a little, 'friendly' sparring.

Getting up from the bed, Arion walked towards one of the two doors in the room. It obviously led to a small bathroom, were a small tub filled with water stood.

Looking at his reflection for only a short moment, he began to wash his face, before stepping out of the bathroom again.

He went over to his armors. He gently stroked over the surface of the Highland Raider armor, before turning to the next one. It was quite a mix of different material worked into one armor, to grant good defense but making it relatively comfortable due to the use of relatively much spidersilk.

He began putting it on over the thin layer of clothes he already wore, all the while rather slow, as if he had nothing to hurry. He finished with closing the straps that held his cloak, and fastening both of his weapons.

He looked down on himself. There, on both shoulders, and on a few other spots, was the symbol of the Val'Sarghress. Not the new, black blade, but the old red blade with the red tarantula clawing to it. The one he had worn since the day he swore his fealthy to the course of the Sarghress, no matter what to come.

Nodding again, he grabbed the pouch he was carrying his ada with, and fastened it to his belt. Then, he exited his room without taking a look back, closing the door casually, and walking towards the stables, nodding friendly to whomever crossed his path, paying the proper respect when it was a female Drow.
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Location: In my bombshelter, playing cards with the ghosts of diseased madmen.

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:46 pm

"Arion? Arion is that you?" a female Highland Raider calls out to him. "I haven't seen you in a while."

Walking behind her is a human, wearing a breastplate with the new Sarghress symbol, and a sword at his hip. His black hair covers most of his brown eyes, and he is as tall as Arion. His gaze is kept at the ground.

The female continues. " I've been in Raveran for a while, but I decided to come back. Anything news going around? I picked up little pieces of gossip in Raveran, but I want to make sure everything I hear is true."
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Ssin'urn » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:55 pm

Arion stopped immediately, although he did not freeze. Slowly turning around, Arion nodded lightly, before meeting the females gaze with a slight smile.

"Well, of course you have not seen me in a while." a slight, concentrated frown was visible on his forehead.

"We have not met since I left the Highland Raiders to enjoy a few years in Chel, right?" he questioned, although it sounded as if he did not expect an answer to that question.

His gaze wandered to the human shortly, taking in his appearance with only the slightest of looks. He became adept with noting everything vital within moments. He gave a court nood to the human, before turning his gaze upon the female Drow again.

"Well...it depends on what pieces of gossip you had heared. And how long you were gone. But won't you tell me whom you have brought with you there, first?" he said, still smiling a bit, nodding towards the human.
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:00 pm

"Oh, him?" she said in a flippant tone. "Just some War Meat. Werth was his name I think. He's an okay fighter I must admit though. "

Pulling out a small sack of ada, she says " He won me this in the Sullisen'Rune gladiator arena."
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Postby Ssin'urn » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:14 pm

A slight sneer appeared on his face for a moment, before he hid it again, and shook his head. It would not do to debate with someone about his point of view.

"Well, anyway. The rumors...well, many of us think that the Sarghress will probably go to war with the Sharen. There were certain...incidents. But until now, it would be rash to say something certain. Aside from that, there should be nothing of real interest."

He shrugged his shoulders, and looked over his shoulders for a moment, before turning his attention back to the two individuals before him.
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:20 pm

"Ah ... That's what heard. Well, may Sharess grant us victory over the Sharen scum." She pauses for a moment and says, "I have no use for the human any more, if your going out maybe you should take him. He's like a good luck charm."

With that the Highland Raider walked away, leaving the human behind.
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Postby Ssin'urn » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:27 pm

He raised his eyebrows a bit, as he watched the female go away, before muttering something and turning to the human. He looked at him, quite for some time, before slowly leaning back against a wall and crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"So...you're Warmeat, huh? Well then...Werth?" he questioned, sounding calm.

"I intended to pay the Black Dragon a visit. I usually wanted to ride, but I doubt they will give you a mount, even if you are actually able to ride on of our wolves."

He cocked his head a bit to one side, obviously thinking. That was one of the rare moments when a skilled observant could actually notice his composure being that of a Faern, rather then a Sarghtlin. However, it only lasted for a few seconds.

"Well...on foot then, I quess. And don't keep your head lowered all the time. I don't enjoy talking to a bush of hair." it sounded like an order, however with a slight hint of amusement.
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:31 pm

"Yes, master." Werth pulls his head up. "I don't have to come with you , master. I can go away if it's an inconvience to you to walk."
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Postby Ssin'urn » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:37 pm

Arion laughed, although not mocking, but really cheerfull.

"I've spend centuries on the back of a mount, Werth. I will do my legs a favor by using them to walk for a longer amount of time again."

He slowly walked towards the gates now, before stopping again, and looking over his shoulders.

"Oh, and soldier...do not call me master. Sir or Arion should suffice. Understood?" he said, mock-serious, before resuming his steady pace towards the gates, and obviously waiting for the human to follow.
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive