Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Vel'sharen fortress

Postby Krystle_dream » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:36 am

Innelda turned her head, and confided her fuming into the silence of her mind. It didn't mean she was any less annoyed then before.

"I am. I'm in need of some supplies, as it seems the slaves have already cleaned away my personal stash of stationaries."
Where do you go when you're gone...
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Faithen » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:42 am

With this, the darkly garbed drow stood up from his resting position, looking down the hall in the direction of his chambers If it is Paper and ink you require, I have my fair share in my chambers, Between my Diplomatic work and ever continuing studies as a Faern.. well I can NEVER be without paper.

This was ofcourse, never mind the book hanging from his side, bound in black stained leather and paged in black spider silk. it brought a question as to how it was inked. she'd have to ask that. Now if you don't mind, I was going there any how, I could spare you some of my own ink and paper, for as little cost as some pleasant conversation.. if thats not to much to ask.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby Krystle_dream » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:46 am

Pleasant conversion? That was it? He must have known how much she despited talking to males. But still, she could use the free supplies...and it was very easy to pretend to listen to verbal vomit afterall.

"Very well. Lead the way."
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby Faithen » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:55 am

He raised an eyebrow, he did indeed know, but he also knew she as him served the Orthabbae as a teacher. with this he gripped the spin of the book hanging from his waist and brought it up, letting it open at a random page to a black page, visually without mark

Rather then bore you with small talk, Perhaps You'd like to talk of Magic as a Scholarly persuit. I understand you are a Sorceress, Ice i believe.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Location: sitting in the corner, well within sight even though you'd rather him be elsewhere

Postby Krystle_dream » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:01 am

She raised an eyebrow of her own. A faern, no matter how minor he was, did not talk easily of such matters. Or when they did, they nervously droned on and on, like they did to bore thier little male students. If he could very well keep up, he might score some points.

"I am. It has its uses..." She let her voice drift off. She wanted to see what he would say to fill in the gaps.
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby Faithen » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:11 am

He continued on with the walk, not keeping her to long just for the sake of conversation. Ahh yes, Some uses.. something as powerful and versatile as magic though, shouldn't it have more uses then some? we make it into a highly specialized tool, like gate's winch. when we could use it as more all purpose.. like the rope used with the winch. Don't you agree?
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Postby Krystle_dream » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:23 am

One mental point for him. L'tuain't seemed to know what he was talking about.

"Agreed. You could even go as far to say that it wasn't just relgion that split drow into clans, but methods and uses for inventions. The Beldrobean use darkness for for scare tactics, assasinations, and safe travel...even the Sarghress, brutes that they are, use small golems to make hidden weaponary appear. The only problem, as with anything, is becoming too dependent on magic..mana can only last so long without renewal."
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby Faithen » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:32 am

He nodded, this little walk wouldn't last to much longer, so he decided to keep the indepth debates out of it.
Ofcourse, but still it has more uses. We use it to power thing, when we could use it to create more permenant things. we use it to cover things, when we could be improving things. We Sharen above all else should understand that, but still we are no less guilty of this, we waste all of our efforts into summoning. we could easily excel in craftsmanship, enchantments, and other things.. even more subtle arts that can't be erased.

Would you like to look in my book?
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Postby Krystle_dream » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:39 am

"Indeed, we do try to make things last forever, but so far, the only thing that we've been able to keep mana in for longer periods of time are glass, crystals, and various gemstones. And even these can fade with time."

She sighed, and her eyes flickered over to the book. It was dark...perhaps it was Beldrobbean? No, that was just sterotypical of her. It could very well have been made in the market.

"I am curious about the craftsmenship...if I may?"

She gestured, asking rather then demanding. She ususally was this polite when she was distracted by something.
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby Faithen » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:43 am

He just smiled, it for a moment seemed like that of a predator's. but she'd ofcourse realise it wasn't that. it was the smile of a person who planned, and the satisfaction of a plan going well.

Ofcourse, though this book holds no craftsmanship, only those subtle things I Spoke of. If you want to see whats written.. infuse a bit of mana into the pages, not much.. it doesn't take much.
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Postby Krystle_dream » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:51 am

She had to eye him for not a few moments- L'tuain't had reminded her of another person oh tended to smile that way: her mother. Usually afterwards there would be csome sort of calmity of some sort...but he wouldn't dare. Would he?

She didn't bother to answer-she just like her mana infuse the pages. And slowly, as if expecting the book to bite, she opened the book.
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby Faithen » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:01 am

as she opened the book, the black ink on black pages began to glow, illuminating the complicated writing. That is my journal of my.. Special High Art. It is very Specialized.. can you decipher what it does?
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Postby Krystle_dream » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:04 am

She frowned a little as she concentrated on the pages.

"Unless it's encoded...my best guess is it's a biological one, which carries psychological results. It's almost like empathy...but not."
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby Faithen » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:12 am

You could of Been a Faern my dear, one of the best. Thats exactly like it is. What it loses in over all effectiveness, it gains in sheer pervasiveness.. when empathy ends, it feels fake, may anger the person.. this acts as the real mind is, once it is over it is just that, over, emotions don't stay for ever, memories of them do. in there I have compiled many individuals and their behaviors, responces.. aswell as the biological.. things linked to each and every emotion i have observed and pinned down. It's suprising that to most the body hasn't even been linked to the mind, yet here i have a magic that takes advantage of it.[/u]
Faithen
Melnarch's Assasssin

Postby Krystle_dream » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:19 am

She ingored the bit of flattery and focused on the informative part of his speech.

"It is very interesting, and a rare gift..I'm reminded of pressure socercy. Truely, if my cousins and sisters knew you had such magic, you would have been put to stud."

She closed the book, and after dispelling what mana she could, she handed his book back.

"Thankfully for yourself, I've never had a taste for studs. Or giving studs, for that matter."
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive