Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Vel'sharen fortress

Chel'el'sussoloth- Vel'sharen fortress

Postby Gelorn » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:30 am

-Description-
The majestic and powerful fortress of the Sharen stretches to the cavern ceiling. It is built at the outskirts of the city, against the cavern walls. The fortress has faced many attacks from enemies wanting to overthrow the Imperial family, yet it has always survived. Powerful beasts and outer world demons protect its walls alongside the fearless drow warriors. It is the most ancient fortress in the city.

-Atmosphere-

As soon as you walk even anywhere near the front gate you feel a sense of power comming from the fortress and you imidiately know this place is where it all happens, nothing that happens within the walls of this fortress doesnt affect the rest of the city. Yet you feel uneasy as powerful beasts and heavily tainted male warriors watch you from who knows where...

Note: The Vel'sharen clan fortress is now open. Slaves and workers can eb controled by anyone but dont overdo it but more important NPC's like those who appear in the story are to be controled by GM's or Kern himself (Hopefully Kern for he knows best how the characters act not the GMs...) so if you need someone controled PM a GM and we will hopefully get onto it.
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Ulnan » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:37 pm

Ulnan sat in his study, behind his desk he waited, for the servant in the room across the hall to finish writing out the confessions of the day.

humiliation... he thought, after one-hundred-forty-two years of loyal service and my own clan humiliates me, he leaned back in the iron 'throne' of the inquisition, never again. his sub concious registered public acts of humiliation an offense in the eyes of Sharess.

"milord I have the confession, written and signed" said the servant as he entered Ulnan's study, "also milord, your agent from the wilderness has returned" he placed the heavy, metal-bound tome of heresy and treason, known as the Inquisitorial Record on Ulnan's desk.

"Send him in then."
Ulnan
Tainted

Postby Sehk » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:58 pm

As the servant ushered Sehk into the study of the unquisitor, he sniffed, there was a distinct smell about this one, the smell of well oiled armor and death, burning flesh and smoke, he knew the smell well. Every movement the inquisitor made there was the sound of metal scraping on metal, and the swish of spider silk robes.

for a month Sehk had been in the employ of Ulnan the questioner, working as a scout in the wilderness looking for pockets of rebels and gathering armies, Sehk agreed to the job because he was doing what he loved, wandering, and the inquisition was sanctified by the holy church of Sharess, there was no sin in writing out a report.

With a gentle toss from Sehk, a stoutly made dwarven helmet landed on the stone cut desk in front of the inquisitor, "there is a dwarven encampment along the road controlled by Val'Raveran, it mustn't have attacked the road yet because the Ill'hardro clan patrols would have caught them and wiped them out."

"A small group of mercenaries and nobles were 'spotted' moving off the road to Raveran into the wilderness, they mentioned something about looking for a missing child of the Belddrobaen clan."
Sehk
Tainted

Postby Ulnan » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:16 pm

"I shall send a messenger to Val'Raveran about the dwarves, and the Beldrobbaen can take care of themselves" he said reading over the confession, the page had a small bloodstain in the corner, so there was nothing special about it.

Raising his eyebrow, Ulnan slammed the tome shut, "seems you may be needed, you are not to go out on assignment untill this is cleared up."

Ulnan rose, it was an impressive sight to behold, if there was anyone there who could see it, Ulnan, fully armored in heavy plate, swathed in robes, it gave him a dramatic look, although the only other person in the room would have only heard a few squeaks and rustles.

"I need to talk to captain Ber'Thuzal, meet me tomorrow in the Black Dragon tavern".
Ulnan
Tainted

Postby Sehk » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:25 pm

"Yes, Sir." said Sehk as he 'watched' Ulnan leave, and soon departed the study himself, stopping as he eft the room he opened the door on the other side of the hall, within, the smell of fresh blood and torn flesh, ash and melted skin, the heavy labored breath of some hapless traitor who could quite possibly be strapped to some sort of rack.

A muffled scream could be heard as he left the fortess.

"evil is not always sin." he told himself as he walked away from the great fortress.
Sehk
Tainted

Postby HolyGuard » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:13 am

((alright so whats happening now?))
HolyGuard
Tainted

Location: *sees a map* U R HERE!....thats where i am guys *points*

Postby Ulnan » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:17 am

---later in Ulnan's study---

Ulnan sat behind his desk, his fingers steepled in front of his face, the healer was a good one, he commended the Sharen field medics for it, Ulnan's sealing armor was on a rack behind him, some perts were being repaired at the forge.

Sehk and Phylia sat o one of the stuffed couches that were in the middle of the room, Daeri sitting opposite them, strapped into a rather comfortable recliner, though she couldn't move an inch.

"I have permission forms for a medium squadron and a report on the dwarf, the Nal'Sar'Koth will pay for this, they wont't be lucky again."

Ulnan was pleased, he had secured some funding, though he doubted that the squadron would be approved.

"we will set out once we have questioned this one, and our final member arrives." he had heard of the dwarf coming with them, it suited him fine, many wars were averted by having nobles attacked by 'wild beasts' in the dark, rather than being assassinated.
Ulnan
Tainted

Postby Ulnan » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:20 am

A servant knocked on the door, leading in a drow Ulnan had seen in Klarbol, where he fought the dwarf.

"come in, come in." Ulnan said politely, indicating a spare couch.
Ulnan
Tainted

Postby Ulnan » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:22 am

((thats you HolyGuard, take a seat.))
Ulnan
Tainted

Postby HolyGuard » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:23 am

"Thanks." Akayra said as he walked across the room to sit on the sofa.
HolyGuard
Tainted

Postby Ulnan » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:26 am

"now before we start questioning the Illhardro there, might I ask who you are?" Ulnan asked as the Drow was lead in, "the servant said you followed us from Klarbol"
Ulnan
Tainted

Postby HolyGuard » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:31 am

"um.... well yes. my name is Akayra Kaden....just call me Akayra. Im not really sure whats going on in the world right now. I had fallen into a deeps sleep at the Black Dragon Tavern. It had been about a year of sleep, i had to fight in the arena to pay off my debt. I am a member of the Val'Beldrobbaen clan... although im not really sure of there status right now either."Akayra saw that he was talking to much so he wrapped it up "so pretty much im just a clueless wanderer right now."

((g2g for today be on 2morrow))
HolyGuard
Tainted

Postby Ulnan » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:40 am

"much like the rest of us then" it was a vague and probably deep remark

"well lets just get this one awake, then we'll have to wait for the assassin I've hired to come, then we'll set out."

Ulnan got up and opened a small flask of smelling salts, waving it under Daeri's nose.
Ulnan
Tainted

Postby Sehk » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:46 am

Sehk lounged on the sofa, his spear was in a small thing from the surface called an 'umbrella stand' what an umbrella was, Sehk didn't know, but it was handy to hold your spear.

He could hear someone else come in, they had the same smell as someone who was at the warehouse, Akayra, they were called, and sleeping for a year? he must have been tired, Sehk sighed as he could smell the reek of the salts from across the room.

"what exactly are we hoping to find out from her? sure they were last seen there, but who says they told her."
Sehk
Tainted

Postby Catsohri » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:42 am

Glaring at the tainted warriors and beasts as he walked passed the gate of the Val'Sharen. He scoffed at the failing grace of the imperial clan, he though had recieved a client and would meet the client. Showing the note to the guards at the gate he was allowed through.

Walking among the huge fortress the assasin found his way to a secluded study. He eyed the tainted warrior being questioned by Ulhan. Walking in silently he stood off to the side in the shadows.

"Why does the Sharen require the skills of a Barra'Dalharen?"

For Sharess, for my godess...
Catsohri
Nether Spawn

Next

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive