Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth: Val' Beldrobbaen Fortress [Public]

Postby Yeo » Fri May 13, 2005 9:23 pm

((Oh. Then I must apologise for acting out of character, if you had said treat in the first place my character would have ran off. So maybe that is a positive mistake.))

“See?â€
Yeo
Nether Spawn

Postby Kalandrin » Fri May 13, 2005 10:41 pm

((Hehe, this gets interesting :-P ))

Kalandrin looked with apathy, yet she felt guilty for some reason. "What are you two staring at?" she shouted at the guards. "Back to work!"

She spinned around some times, thinking hastily, as Gosser approached her. "Let's go inside... I have to change your collar first. This mammoth is definitely not suitable for someone like you. Then, we will go for a walk downtown." she smiled, and went to the slaves section again, where she changed Gosser's collar with a smaller and lighter one, a lot more easy to carry. For the moment Gosser was without a collar, he felt a lot differently than he possibly ever had. "How do you feel the new one? Lighter eh?" smiled Kalandrin, looking at Gosser as if he was her doll, as if she was admiring him. "My first slave ever!" she thought, without talking. She then moved towards the gatehouse again, picking her weapons and searching for the blind woman who had...visited them not long ago, hoping to catch her before she disappeared in Chel'el'sussoloth's crowds.

"You did explore the fortress a bit I see" she said to Gosser while they were leaving the fort. "Did you have any...weird encounters? I bet you did, don't hide it" she smiled. "This fortress is full of crazy stuff. Driders, tainted, golems, whatever you can imagine... And it is like a graveyard, for Sharess' sake." Kalandrin's voice had now taken a melancholic tune. She was not in the clan when the accident in the Orthobbae school took place, but she spoke with great concern. "But that is another story. A long and old one, like the slavery I suffered."
Hostis humani generis ad infinitum. Compos mentis ad MCMXXCIX.

[The Good | The Bad | The Ass | The Badass]
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Gosser » Sat May 14, 2005 2:58 am

He followed her about once more as if filling the role of a charished pet or 'doll'. Sitting still as she removed his collor he stared a bit towards her, before letting his vision blur and getting the thousand mile away stare.

There was something for a moment, of a look that could tell how happy she was for a moment. Once they both started moving back towards the exit he told he of his brief encounter with the golem and tainted that earlyer wandered by.

Getting along with the pace, his feet kept up her movement. Once she picked up her weapons he stopped and stared at them. The swords seemed so much different then the crude steel ones he had gotten used to before.

"...Master... where is it that we head to...?" he asked curiously. Almost on eye level. His movements kept with hers and when she'd turn to look to him he made sure his eyes locked with hers.
In my defense, he had it coming to him.
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Location: Remember that dark little corner of your mind which you tired to close off? I live next door...

Postby Kalandrin » Sat May 14, 2005 10:40 am

"Ah, tainted. Freaks. They have a demon seed or something like that inside them..." she muttered. "My original master was one of them. Many years ago there was a war between a tainted clan and the Sharen, and my master was one of them. The tainted went bezerk in the city and started slaying everyone. I so hate them for that. A few years later, in the school, an accident with our summoners took place, which killed or tainted most of the females of our clan. Children among them. I was not yet free, I still was a gladiator, but the fortress must have been a lot better back then. The old ones say that those who survived the accident did not survive the greyskin blades" she said a bit more loudly and quickly than usual, with a sad look. She was very loyal to that clan, and apparently the issue did bother her. "As for the other thing... its a golem. An animated body and nothing more. We have plenty of them, many of them were killed by the greyskins I think. Our numbers are low now, and golems scare the hell out of ambassadors, so..." she smiled with the same sad look. "Now, I am looking to find that woman she...visited us before, I think you saw her. Not that I have something to do, but I'd like to talk to her a bit more" she spoke. Perhaps she was way too kind for a "drowoid" but this didn't bother her, nor she was like that all of the times. By questioning the fortress guards you could hear all sorts of stories.

"So, young human, you have not yet told me your story. How did you end up here, you are supposed to be from the surface, and your skin agrees to that. Most humans we have have a lot whiter skin than you do."

They moved inside the city, and Kalandrin was looking carefully and was questioning for the blind woman they had seen in the fortress. The answers led them to the Black Dragon Tavern.

((OOC: Going to the Black Dragon Tavern.))

Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Gosser » Wed May 25, 2005 3:49 am

Walking side by side, Gosser kept a look about... but what worried him was this 'weaving' they spoke of. He had never done such a thing... and had only heard of it through others. He knew it envoled making clothing but had rarely if ever thought twice of it.

Yet her wording from before...'suffer' a lesson in it, only made him think of his first masters of the underground and all the lessons which ranged from painful to simply disgusting and wrong. Shuttering at that point he shook the memorys from his mind.

"...Master, as long as I can show I can be of worth to you... I shall not stop trying..." he smiled looking to her.
"...As for before... memorys are there to help one feel strength... and learn from past mistakes... I have memorys embeded within my body as do you... I know you are an ex-slave... but ..."

He trailed off looking to the guards at the gates, lowering his voice to a whisper. "... to be serious about your worry of your legs and body... I find it a wonder that such a ... stunning being as yourself exists... pardon me if my words are not correctly used... yet from time to time I have to look away... to keep from seeming ... odd" he gave a half grin before coming right up to the main gate.

His tongue came lightly as his words began the moment the doors closed behind them. "... This weaving... what is involved...? " He spoke lightly. "...I know it's end product is clothing but... " he stopped and shrugged.
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Location: Remember that dark little corner of your mind which you tired to close off? I live next door...

Postby Kalandrin » Wed May 25, 2005 1:34 pm

"Shh!" she told Gosser having heard the word 'ex-slave'. "Not everyone knows around here, especially the other slaves. They make jokes about me already, and I would not like to be humiliated in the future because they know my... past..." she lowered her head. "I learn from my experiences, especially the ones my back hides... You will see what I mean tomorrow..."

As they crossed the gates, Kalandrin left her two swords in the gatehouse's armoury, and continued towards the main hall, the round thing with the many doors, gates, stairs and hallways, where they had been not very long ago. She heard, disturbed, two slaves giggling as they saw her and Gosser, but she did not punish them... not now at least. She heard very well what they had said, those two kept saying jokes about her, but she had gotten used to it. Were they... "public slaves" she would have punished them already, but as they were some noble's personal slaves she could not touch them without that noble's permission.

"You will see in time... Don't tell me that my little... 'suffer' joke scared you, ha? Once you wake up tomorrow, come and find me in my room. I showed you before, didn't I?" said Kalandrin with a smile and yawned. Never since she left the Hive had she a... weaving partner, not to mention a... 'student', so she felt a thrill she had not felt for over 26 years. "No, if you excuse me, I am like a corpse... sooo tired..." she said and moved towards her room, waving at Gosser. "See you tomorrow young human"

Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Gosser » Wed May 25, 2005 3:11 pm

He stood still as he watched her walk away. "...Good night, master..." Blinking he found that simply staying still for a moment felt like the best thing in his intrest.
Because once Kalandrin left a few mindless tainted scurried around with one another. He stood confused about his master's hatred, and disgust for the tainted only to live in a place that lets them litterally run wild.

Once he was alone he turned and began to move back to his courters. It was the one place he seemed 'grounded'. As he came in he remembered that it was a large room with several slaves living together. He wasn't tired but knew that getting up earlyer for tomorrow's events was needed.

He searched for an empty bed... and found a rolled up bed roll in the corner. Letting it loose he stuck his feet under the roll, before sitting with his back ot the wall. His head hung forward slightly so it'd be harder telling if he was awake or asleep.

Master... what am I for... I have yet to learn... my new purpose... am I a toy? No, I'm treated better then such cases... Am I ... a body guard? ... No they have weapons to protect their masters... I shall learn ... and become better...

His thoughts wandered as he sat oddly driftting off to sleep. Most people would have payeda bit more attention to the fact that when he came in, not to many slaves where within the beds... as if he was sleeping during the wrong time of the day...
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Postby Kalandrin » Wed May 25, 2005 6:58 pm

Kalandrin moved silently towards her room, the specific section of the fortress was one of the most quiet - and to some, the spookiest. She unlocked her door, got inside, and locked it well once again - three times; you could say she was paranoid for some reason. Not that her lock was hard to break through, or that was immune to magic, but, heh, if that made her feel comfortable...

In the total darkness of her room - in which she had no problem seeing, obviously - she took off her clothes, and put on a soft dress-like cloth from spidersilk, not as thick as clothes, possibly her... pyjama. All it served, obviously, was some additional protection against cold, and nothing more. She went to her wide hammok, wide enough to fit a creature of her dimensions, and lied to it. She stared at the small spider not far from her head, on the ceiling, for a minute, without speaking. "Life is so simple for you, G'eld, isn't it? At least you have found a 'harbour' in which you can stay, safe from the storms. What am I thinking anyway. I have never seen either of them, only heard about them in the old stories about Gosser's world... And him... such a weird slave. He reminded me my old days, heh. I still do not know why I bought him but... well, a bodyguard could be good..." She yawned again, tied from today, turned around, and slept. Her... pyjama... could hardly hide her body, and her back's scars could be seen very easily. They were not many anymore - the lighter ones had disappeared through the 26 years since she became a slave; but some deep ones, where you could say that even small bits of her flesh were missing, would never be properly healed.

A few hours later, she yawned and woke up. She had not slept for much - only 6 hours - but she was fine. She did not bother to change, yet she prepare setting up her weaving equipment. She had not done that for a few days, yet it seemed an eternity. Alone, in the darkness of her room, she started preparing some spidersilk for today's work, in her usual boredom and silence.

Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Gosser » Thu May 26, 2005 3:45 am

Sitting there he was gone to the world, sleep was his one time which was actually his. He treasured it more then his first owners did gold. Yet his dreams not always as precious as he hoped.

The same re-occuring dream came to him, the night he had been casted down from the surface world and to the dark undergound. The screams of the off-guard females as they where slained... the sounds of quick and raw battles. Then as the images finally started to match with his memorys and sounds... came the crisp smell of scenes.

Within the waking world many other slaves heard him grunt and mumble in his surface tongue. A few within the slave's quarter's watched as he twisted and struggled with an un-seen force... the low moans of pain came next from his sleeping body.

At that point of his dream he was ina sence being herded with the other gladiators to the nearby caves... he had fought proudly against the invaders of his gladitor ranch and remembered, as well as feeling the handle of the sword within the calus ridden hands of his... striking down every person considered an enemy as he came to the caves...

Then the events that made him stay below the surface played out... following orders as usual ... he stayed in the depths of the caves before the invaders lit the 'black powder' chargers.

When the thundering explosion echoed though his mind he shot forward from his bed roll and looked around. His sudden movement had knocked down another slave that had been coming to check if not try and wake him. Apologizing he stood over the person before lifting her up. It had been a light elf slave... he felt worse for she was freshly beaten from her master.

Getting himself together rather quickly he washed his face and hands before taking to his feet and moving through the corridors of the castle like home.

He needed to find his master and needed purpose... As the halls got darker he lost the ability of sight. But sound as well as touch guided him. He remembered the paces and counted the steps. His arm stook out so his fingertips could follow the wall closest to him.

Once coming to what he could think to be a door to his master... He gavea light knock, while standing still and stiff. The slight shiver of hearing that echoing blast remained. Now and then a random limb shook on it's own. Flexing the muscle before letting the tenseness out helpped.. yet... he still felt ...nervous...
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Postby Kalandrin » Thu May 26, 2005 7:22 am

The total silence inside the room was broken as a knock was heard. Kalandrin was still a bit sleepy and grumpy, and she went behind the door, asking for the name of (s)he who dared disturb her at this... sacred time of hers. Gosser spoke in response to her question, and as she yawned, she told him to wait a little bit until she wore something more proper.

A few minutes later, having lighted some candles in her room and now wearing her clothes, she opened the door, blinking and yawning once again. Someone could say she had been disturbed from a great sleep but this wasn't true. It was, anyway, the first time for a long time since someone visited her in her room.

"Oh, come in Gos..." she said as her arm was removed from the open door to allow the (taller) slave inside. Finally, a good look inside her room... Clearly unconventional. Now that Gosser could see the hammok from closer he realized it could fit two, if not three, humans, because of its width. Kalandrin noticed his look and tried to break the ice a little bit. "Huge eh? At least it can fit my huge ass on it..." she smiled. She took a folded wooden chair she had in a corner (as if she was always prepared for guests) and she took a seat in her own... "chair" not far from him, continuing to concentrate some spidersilk.

Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Gosser » Thu May 26, 2005 3:04 pm

A worried look crossed his face once his attention shifted from the hammock to her words. "... Please don't speak of yourself in such a manner master... everyone is their own being... being yourself is all that you can do..." he smiled before moving near the area of intrest.

The word 'lofty' came to mind with the large room, the dim candle light allowed him to see clearly within the area. Not realizing his still carried the signs of a nightmare, he moved to sit in the chair offered. The suttle smell of cold sweat and the stains that ran from the covers of his eyes...

Yet he hid it well... "...Master... This place is incrediable.... " he muttered trying not to disturb the silence.

Noticing a look on her face... he tilted his head. "...Are you alright master? Are you hungry and need food? "
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Postby Kalandrin » Thu May 26, 2005 5:29 pm

"Ahh, chill young human" laughed Kalandrin, "I was merely joking. You look... worried. Is something going on, a weird encounted perhaps?" she asked, seeing Gosser in sweat. Hearing Gosser's comments about her room she smiled. "The slaves say this is the spookiest section of the fortress, even before I came. They say that something lurks, but I guess they must have been scared by the golems and the tainted who hover in these hallways. I like it because it is the darkest. I hate too much light, that's why I moved in here when I arrived. A looong story..."

She sighed, remembering the thrill she felt when she heard her chains slamming the ground, a few years ago. She had just been bought by a noble of the fortress, and she had set her free. Not long later she was joining the clan. Full of tainted, perhaps, but also the only place that accepted her species. She shook her head quickly once or twice and then finished rolling her spidersilk, preparing it for weaving.

"Fresh spidersilk, still warm and a bit sticky" she changed the subject hastily. "It will take several hours, if not days, until its stickyness is completely gone, but it can be worn right after it is woven anyway. I have some exta spidersilk today, for you. But anyway, that can wait. Thank you for asking, but I rarely have breakfast. It does not matter anyway, it became a habit during my years of imprisonment. I can live with less food than others now. Although I would not mind a juicy drow" she laughed, with another small joke. She had awaken in a good mood today. "No, really, especially when the blood is still warm" she smiled, trying to scare Gosser a bit by making him believe it. "Well, if you insist though, I would not refuse eating a snack."

Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Gosser » Fri May 27, 2005 5:26 am

He stood still for a moment looking to her, and his face changed with matching the wanted reactions she put forth.

A bit of red on his face when she discribed the silk, the blank stare at her mutterings of her past... and finally as he was about to explain witha blush why he was upset...
He looked to her once more witha wide eyed stare... wondering what he should say, the thought came to mind of simply going and capturing a drow and bringing it back for his master...

Collecting himself he spoke the best he could from one topic to the next.
"...Master, I have still disturbing dreams...that show me my past... I find it's a weakness of mine... " he explained his slightly shakened self.

"...As for the silk, I wish to be shown how my master creates clothing... it is a gift of skill I don't posses ...yet..." he smiled to her.

"...As for your hunger... I can 'fetch' a stray of your liking and bring it back here... give you time for what steps you need to feed... and then return... " his thoughts where broken about such things, but his time with the underground showed that the strong survie through basicly eatting the weak... in one instance... literally.

"...And I ... um... sticky?" he asked with a rather strong blush realizing that such a product came from her body...
And it'd be treated as if only a material. Many things that come from a person's body are usually used only when needed...
The closest he could think of for that instant was when he had to use his hair for fires and warmth...
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Postby Kalandrin » Fri May 27, 2005 9:21 am

Kalandrin giggled a bit, with a tear coming from one of her eyes, yet she took it away as soon as she felt it. "Are you hungry? Do you want some mushrooms? Stuffed mushrooms perhaps? Some fruit? I heard they brought some from the surface. Do not bother bringing me drow, I was teasing you. I like to scare and tease people, that's why many slaves of this fortress fear me, while others call me weird and insane. Have you heard the jokes about your master yet?" she laughed. "But still, you have my warning, much of the meat we eat here is from our own species... Cannibalism you might say, but we do not have much of a choice. But such menus are rare anyway. Plus, things like.... how do you call it? Ah yes, chicken. Well, that thing is scarce around here. I ate once when I bought some from a merchantman from Raveran. Tasty I must say, but I wonder how it fills your tummy since it is so small."

As Gosser explained his problem, her look changed to a serious one. "What happened to you, that is so bad to haunt you in your sleep? I sometimes see my battles in the arena, or my family... Speaking of who, I have not seen for twenty-six whole years." She then looked at Gosser as he was changing colours with a smile, trying not to laugh. "Sticky, yes, fresh and warm too. You see, my ass is huge but it also is useful, hehe... So, should we go eat something first, and then come for your... lesson?" she grinned.
Last edited by Kalandrin on Fri May 27, 2005 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby Gosser » Fri May 27, 2005 2:57 pm

His eyes stayed locked upon hers as he stood there wanting to do something but his mind reeled on what exactly that would be. He wasn't afriad, to terribly hungry, or even feeling lonely.
Yet as the dream's sounds echoed at the brim of his conciousness, he showed nervousness, a sense of need... Something to hold on to and keep focused on.

That would be serving, being a better slave... That's what kept him grounded. As she spoke of food, he gave a bow before standing back up.
"...I shall gain food of your liking master... Just ask and I shall go obtain it..." Straightening himself out both physically and mentally. He showed better resolve then before.

Standing still his being had calmed and yet his mind had turned to a sort of 'auto-pilot'.
Gosser
Nether Spawn

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive