Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth: Val' Beldrobbaen Fortress [Public]

Postby kembaru » Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:11 pm

"I don't know about you..." Dee placed his new armor neatly back into the crate, "But I wouldn't really call these gifts. Ritual scarring by summoners I used to know, abuse from those who found me at times of vulnerability, battle scars, tests at Orthorbbae..."

"It's all relevant, only map of our memories I suppose... People have likely gotten to where I am with less scars but then they didn't all start out as a messenger or kitchenboy..." Maybe he was drunk. Under normal circumstances there was no way he'd be going on about this. "I don't know where you started from but I know I fighted... heh... killed for where I am now..." For emphasis there was now a dagger stuck into the bartop, shaking from he force of him driving it into the valuable woodwork as he stood and walked over to the drider in his company, standing so close his face was bare inches from hers.

"But... Where I am now is here with you... Having a drink... Can't say I regret much..."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Kalandrin » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:22 pm

Kalandrin smirked ironlically, hearing Dee's very first words. This story was so much similar to her own - one that had to be told, again, someday - and yet, so radically different. "At least you did not have the 'honour' of being bound in chains and treated like a rabid animal or pet-worker" Kalandrin muttered from inside her teeth, barely heard at all, as she feared to admit her past and recall it in her mind. The similarities were clear - in the end, they appeared to match, in personality and past alike. Perhaps a divine sign, or perhaps a big coincidence? She would have to find out.

As she was approached by Dee, Kalandrin raised her head and gaze to meet the drow's, making space for him by slightly adjusting her front pair of legs. She could sense the very precise emotion Dee must have been feeling now; she knew it better than anybody in this arrogant, elitist, yet so warm clan. As he spoke again, she couldn't help yet another ironic smirk, as she lowered her gaze towards his chest - the floor was no longer there. The scent of alcohol was reaching her nostrils, but she barely understood it, as a result of her own near-drunken state. She was, however, logical and sentient enough, even after such a strong dose of 'poison.'

In less than a second, the drider's entire mental state seemed to be changing, as her mind was becoming overrun by raw insticts and emotions she had never felt before. She could not explain this change - but it was a combination of the moist, closed atmosphere, the practically non-existent lighting, and perhaps, the drink. Her many eyes explored the ver'drowendar summoner before us in milliseconds, as her mouth opened the very slightest, revealing her fangs in a manner betraying she was about to storm her prey. And suddenly, she ascended with a near-ceremonial manner, reaching the taller drow's neck and tilting her head to the left, as she bit it playfully, not even penetrating the flesh or delivering poison.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby kembaru » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:05 pm

"At least you can say a valuable animal kept in chains is fed each day... Fighting for your life is easier than fighting for honor." Dee mumbled, eyes still fixed upon the drider before him, some say that she might have had it tough, some say he might have, truth being that both had. It wasn't fair to judge on the same scale for different values of horror.

And then, she bit him, and Dee didn't like that. He'd suffered her bite before and whether or not it was slow and gentle his reaction was less than amused, he'd endured the kind of people who liked to bite and whip and cut him in the name of pleasure, and he didn't relish the idea of enduring much of that again now that he was in a position to refuse. However, he couldn't bring himself to scold her...

"...I think you may have had too much to drink..."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Kalandrin » Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:58 pm

Lowering her head and returning in her typically standing height, Kalandrin bit her lower lip and thought carefully. What had happened, and most importantly, why? It felt like she had utterly lost control of her body and mind for a second, as though alcohol had gotten control of her motions for a second, or, perhaps more accurately, a long history of suppression and ignoring of her emotions had probably done that. She was too stubborn to understand and admit it, however.

"I did not mean to awaken memories of pain in your mind" the Ne'kalsaider apologised, looking up in a serious, perhaps courageous manner. She was referring directly to 'her' bite mark on Dee'nias' neck, a memory carved on her own memory just as well it was carved on Dee's, if not more. Her face was brought to a zero-degree position as she looked forward for a second, with a smile drawn with her lips. "But, nay... I am pretty certain it was me that did it, and not the alcohol" she added, not looking back up as of yet.

A few alternative theories had come in her mind, but Kalandrin's logic could not yet link them to facts - among them, her very own race. But why would that be an issue, taking into account what had already been done and said? On the other hand, she had, perhaps, crossed a barrier of logic or acceptability. As her heart pounded loudly, Kalandrin's many eyes looked back up, towards the face of the - much taller - ver'drowendar, with a shade of emotion visible within them. She now waited for a word - any word - since she felt utterly incapable of beginning a discussion, or even doing a single move due to her current, extraordinary psychology.
Hostis humani generis ad infinitum. Compos mentis ad MCMXXCIX.

[The Good | The Bad | The Ass | The Badass]
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby kembaru » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:19 am

As far as women and romance in the underworld went, Dee was rather new to situations such as this. Kalandrin was not only sweet but she didn't seem to be sure in what she wanted, or at least that was as far as he could tell. Most women he knew in that situation would have continued after admitting they were in their right mind in such actions. Kalandrin was far from assertive.

"I haven't felt pain in years, no memories of it." He said beneath his breath, reaching up and feeling his neck, checking his fingers for blood. None there. But he had to wonder.

"Why so flustered?"
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Kalandrin » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:55 am

What was happening to her? What was wrong with her mind, emotions, and current mental state? For as long as she could recall, Kalandrin had never felt like that before - perhaps similarly when her imagination was aroused by a select few who had managed to catch her attention, but that was it. And yet, despite the similarity, it was so radically different - an unclear, unfamiliar mix of well-known and easily recognised emotions, symptoms that let her only guess what could be happening.

Without realizing it, the drider had adopted a slight blushy colour on her cheeks, still immobile, just staring at the summoner without realy 'seeing' as she was lost in her sea of thoughts. The serenity would be broken silently, as her instincts managed to overcome her logic; she took a few steps backwards, looking towards the floor, and simply thinking once again. The phrase 'now or never' came in her mind in the blink of an eye, even though she failed to understand its purpose - it seemed random, perhaps even irrational.

Kalandrin looked back up, recovering the distance she had created between her and Dee'nias, and stopping only once her arms and front legs had gently grabbed his torso and legs, with her head and shut eyes relaxing on his chest. It was not like she had lost her aggressive, predatory nature, it was just the fact she had no clue what else to do. "You might be lucky..." muttered the Ne'kalsaider, her words barely audible from her position. For a reason, she could distinguish a little healthy envy among the chaos of emotions; perhaps the relief from feeling so much pain would be welcomed on her as well.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby kembaru » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:05 pm

This was... confusing to say the least, quite contrary to most past experiences, Dee would have expected Kalandrin to have at least forced her tongue down his throat by now, but... the biting? The hug? Quite odd to say the least by drow standards. This wasn't to say he didn't return it, rather he did, however armor didn't much favour hugs and all it resulted in was probably a slight pressure on the drider's back beneath layer upon layer of metal and silk and the great demons know what else.

"Mixed blessings and curses, like just about everything else..."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Kalandrin » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:22 pm

Kalandrin held the male as though both of them were extraordinarily fragile, with her body language betraying the fact that she was afraid of actually touching Dee'nias at all. To many residents of the Beldrobbaen fortress, she was known as somebody who practically hunted to get what she sought - and yet, the tainted drow summoner had seen beneath her armour and skin - or exoskeleton - deep into her heart.

Why did she feel so weak and vulnerable? The summoner's incorporeal touch had truly grabbed her heart and even soul, as things could show this far. The drider felt a second of rage within her mind, as her older, truly crazed personality tried to take over. She could feel its mental sting - a sting that brought poison of courage and certainty in a manner difficult to understand, or resist whatsoever.

"It is difficult to find someone who respects you, if you are so... radically different, in this city" said the Ne'kalsaider. "I was often given the impression I was a violent aberration out there, for twenty-six continuous years no less. But I was found by a person that made me feel as though I am a woman with a soul once again..." Smiling gently and genuinely, but not having moved an inch, Kalandrin Fre'ana Val'Beldrobbaen felt original warmness she had not perceived or been touched by in decades.

Kalandrin felt the new-familiar, neutralizing mental sting again. Why did she feel ill towards Dee, even if for a single tenth of a second? She couldn't explain, nor could she understand, but all out of a sudden, she found herself jumping at the hight of Dee's neck once again. She looked at the drow with trembling eyes for a second, and then she launched her attack; only she bit not this time - she merely planted a gentle, warm kiss on his lips, before she let him go and took a few steps backwards, ashamed.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby kembaru » Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:42 pm

As this, admittedly not so unexpected action happened, Dee's eyes opened slightly, such an occurance wasn't so uncommong, a century old it had happened plenty of times over the ages and ages. However this was something he'd never felt or thought of at a moment like this, it was new to him and... rather than stopping to analyse it he merely did what he thought was best and acted.

As Kalandrin drew back she would find that quite simply she couldn't, in the skinny and gaunt form was a formidable strength as the frail didn't live long in this world, he didn't let her leave or express shame, rather he held this kiss for longer, a grip on her shoulder to keep her from backng off and an arm around her waist, this went on untill he finally broke it when he guessed he needed breath and even then he didn't let go.

"Nothing is gained through timidity."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Kalandrin » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:21 am

The following morning...
    Feeling as though every inch of her body was as frail as it never was and opening her four sets of eyes, Kalandrin Fre'ana Val'Beldrobbaen faced things from a bizzare point of view, in a manner she could not recall; she blinked, only to realize she was lying on top of Dee'nias and having rested on his chest all night long, in his private quarters of the mighty clan fortress. Details from the past night made her blush a little, in a gentle and timid manner, however her eyes and smile denoted she was happy things had taken this sharp turn.

"Nothing is gained through timidity" smiled the Ne'kalsaider, recalling the moments of lust she had lived but a few hours ago, and recalling the new, braver self she had discovered and never expected that could exist so easily or be formed so quickly. Not moving the slightest bit as she enjoyed the feeling of Dee's naked flesh touching her own, her eyes played with the surroundings she could see, which partly were the rooms furnishing and partly Dee's scars, his body marks that made him, in her mind, so special.

Moving her arms beneath his back, Kalandrin shut her eyes and hugged him, wishing this moment could last forever. It was the first time she could admit such feelings to anybody, and perhaps the first time she had resorted into doing such things; she could not recall past similar encounters, but there was always a high chance her memory deceived her. She had yet to notice if Dee was awake, but coming to think of it, she adjusted her head and looked at his face with a slight smile, as though something mischievous had happened.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby kembaru » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:38 am

"And nothing is lost through action, only in the consequences of action will we find loss." Dee was awake, he'd hardly slept just like every night, his eyes just barely open with their faint red glow. Of course this lack of sleep was utterly more pleasant, even if such actions would make others recoil, he didn't care.

As Kalandrin hugged him, she would note his heart was beating as if he'd run a marathon and for a moment his hands were cold as ice before they warmed from mere contact with her flesh, as if without her he'd freeze. But his face didn't move, he just lay there for a moment with his arms around her, his eyes closed and a faint smile drawn on his face.

Admittedly this was the first time he'd used the bed in a long while, normally he' just sleep at his desk, but now he had shared it the sheets didn't seem so much like a comfort he couldn't feel. And somehow acting for someone else seemed like something he had missed in the past few years.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Kalandrin » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:13 pm

Looking towards Dee's face after he spoke, Kalandrin could not resist a gentle smile, followed by a barely suppressed giggle. This phrase should become a motto of hers, marking a passage from past nightmares to future dreams, as she wanted to believe. Lately, her condition had only been improving, and as such she was pretty much very hopeful for the future that waited for her in the days, months and years to come. "How long have you been awake for?" asked the Ne'kalsaider shortly after she completed her thoughts.

Kalandrin was too reluctant to stand up just like that, for a variety of reasons; did she really want to? Did Dee'nias want to? Perhaps she was still a little-bit ashamed as well - and even though she was lying on the summoner with her elven torso in a perfect line with her arachnid body, she felt hints of her reluctance about more things. Her breasts were completely free from bandages for the first time in ages when she was with someone else, and now they were pressing against Dee's own body; was this alright? She didn't care, in the end.

The heartbeat of the biped was pretty much matched by the drider's, although she could not realise. She could understand, however, that she was feeling, acting, and even looking different. "I want this moment to last for ever" she thought, not realising that it would, at least in memory. Only then did she remember that both of them had a day ahead; Dee'nias had just come in control of an entire House as well, making him both by far superior and busier than her.
Hostis humani generis ad infinitum. Compos mentis ad MCMXXCIX.

[The Good | The Bad | The Ass | The Badass]
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby kembaru » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:19 pm

Dee opened his eyes fully and took a deep breath, trying to calm his heart down, keep himself under control and count, he had the distinct feeling that his head would be pounding if he could feel it... no matter. "Some hours... I suppose. I don't keep time..."

He raised a hand towards the cieling, there was only dim light here, not the faint red of his apartments in the lower fortress but a deep blue, this room decorated with black onyx and carved obsidian, more attention paid to craftsmanship than quality materials, the walls lined with bookshelves, mostly empty as all the books had accumulated around the desk, each flanked with statues of black stone, plush worn furniture lay under a coat of dust all over the single large room.

"Did I disturb you?" He asked, bringing his hand back down running it along her back, not across the scars but down the natural line of her spine, his fingers once more somehow icy.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Kalandrin » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:14 pm

The Ne'kalsaider knight felt complimented by the summoner's response, somehow feeling special for one more time. Dee'nias certainly knew how to use language - whether he was doing it honestly or deliberately, Kalandrin could not tell and as such she retained her defences high, although she could now admit she was falling for him at a pace she could have never before imagined.

It was ironic that if this relationship went too far, Beldrobbaen customs could avoid being enforced; any child, if the Goddess would decide to bless them with one, would not actually need a drider protector since it would already have one. The drider smiled gently as she finished her thoughts and scouted Dee's face with her four pairs of purple-sapphire eyes. She just could not resist doing that as much as she could, and his bare sight made her feel as though her heart was about to explode.

"No..." Kalandrin whispered as she once again felt the thrill of being touched. Perhaps her skin had grown more sensitive over time - it had been twenty six years since somebody last behaved her humanely in the long term, after all. Lady Masendriaea could count as well, but since they didn't really have too many relations, she figured that could not count.

Kalandrin considered a few things for a second before explaining herself. "I just thought that you have a busy day ahead... I do not want to cause you trouble" she added, realising she cared about Dee'nias enough to put aside selfishness and all. She rested her head on his chest again and shut her eyes, trying to enhance the feeling of being touched even more as she waited for a sign that she should disappear and make space for his day to begin; however, the desire to remain close to him was burning.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby kembaru » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:10 pm

"I have... to meet with a Sharen diplomat... then talk to the Illhars of the allied houses, make some arrangements for my sister... Maybe a few hours work, then it's all a matter of sitting around on a large fancy chair and looking important." There was no small amount of sarcasm or contempt in his voice, Dee knew full well that his position was only for show, only temporary untill his sister grew older.

She'd been too young to attend the school, avoided the incident, but now was a different matter, once she had grown she would take his place, for now the Illhars expected him to soak up the glory of it and listen to their advice. Til'naum was a small house anyway... But then no matter how many centuries you'd lived, and no matter how much better your gender was, Dee couldn't really be depended on to not act for the greater good of his house and clan.

"Messengers will come and slaves will sweep the quarter's main hall and I'll have to throw some robes on and trot out there and look important. As is politics." He arched his head down and kissed Kalandrin softly for a moment, "It's not like more important people haven't 'wasted' their time like this in the past."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive