Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth: Val' Beldrobbaen Fortress [Public]

Postby Jer'tai Wraithblade » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:41 am

Veldrin wrote:"Five thousand is a larger sum than one thousand...I expect the rest when my work is done, if we're captured, I will do my own negotiating"

Vel'khai leaned back again, eying the Ada before grabbing a pouch for it off his belt and sweeping the coins from the table. He frowned at the Dwarf's short speech, he knew they weren't as good with words as several Drow so such a thing surprised him, but he smiled at the end of the speech. He stood and turned to look out the ledge, gazing across the glimmering lights that made up the Underworld.

"There is no such thing as heroism, or villainy, Dwarf...I harbour ill will towards the Sharen because they have no respect for any other names in this city, Sillice was right to leave them, even if she was dull enough to join the Sarghress...I can't know whether or not you're trustworthy, you're asking me to gamble my life on your worth...that's the game I enjoy playing the most! But remember, I count betrayal as disrespect, betray me and I will get out of it alive, and I'll come for you Dwarf...even a creature so adapted to this terrain cannot run from me..."

Durin nods.

"When this is over and done with, I will see to it personally that you are given three times over the amount of that bounty.

Now, I see we have somewht of an accord. Meet me as soon as you can, at the front of the Sharen fortress. I'll be going as Thorrim Mjolnir. you might want to become another person for this mission yourself."

The dwarf grabs his weapons off the table and strides out through the servant's door, as the main one is sealed. Before he dissapears from view, he says,

"Oh, and idle threats are of no matter to me. Any oaf can say he can take five underworld dragons. Actions, my good drow, speak louder than words."

With that, he is gone from view.

((Headed to Val'sharen fortress))
Jer'tai Wraithblade
Vel'akar

Location: cos (n) * theta radiaans rotation away from the center of your gravity in the z plane.

Postby Najah » Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:48 am

Zakkysha peers over the rail of the many tiered entrance hall of the
fortress, eyes glowing in darkness "I request you keep your noise down.
. . . male"
Do me a favor, friends of the DT Forums, visit THIS site and tell me honestly if you laughed, didn't laugh, get confused, or if your brain hurt! kthnksbye ;)
Najah
Vel'akar

Clan: Sarghress

Postby Sehk » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:10 am

((I think you'll find that everyone has gone out Najah, you're free to join, but continuity issues may occur if you don't join quickly, though I'm sure I can fit it in somehow))
Sehk
Tainted

Postby Najah » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:36 am

(( Umm . . I was talking to Veldrin . . ))
Do me a favor, friends of the DT Forums, visit THIS site and tell me honestly if you laughed, didn't laugh, get confused, or if your brain hurt! kthnksbye ;)
Najah
Vel'akar

Postby Najah » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:48 am

(( heh, poor Zakk hasn't had any attention since I made Yrael XDD So
here goes miss Beldrobbaen bent on pain and revenge ))

Zakkysha was talking to one of the guards about any movement in the
grey skin section of the city . . but there hadn't been so defeated for
now she headed down to the main hall . .
Najah
Vel'akar

Postby Najah » Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:02 am

Zakk glanced down the halls as she remembered a time where the halls
were not so deserted, when it was populated by members of a proud and
powerful clan, but that had since faded away, If the members weren't killed
in the Orthrobbae accident, they were 'cleansed' but the grey skins
Najah
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Mon May 09, 2005 12:16 pm

From the darkest areas of the fortress, a drider left its room -- quite spacious, so that it can at least fit inside -- and headed directly for the gates. Kalandrin could see some tainted occasionally but she kept her temper and avoided provoking anyone. What she suffered from the tainted (well, a tainted to be precise) years ago would hardly be erased from her memory.

She moved with slow and steady steps inside the gatehouse, picked her two longswords, and left the fortress for the market, hoping she could find something fun to do, or adventure a little bit; and hopefully not hear jokes about her spiderlegs by arrogant males.

(OOC: Kalandrin goes to the market)
Last edited by Kalandrin on Fri May 13, 2005 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Gosser » Thu May 12, 2005 4:22 am

As Kalandrin tugged lightly on his chains, he moved rather swiftly behind her. At first when the first command came he found it rather difficult to keep up. Now he was simply staying either to her right back portion of her flank, or simply directly behind her.

He remember her words she had commanded before they left the market place. Yet so many questions came as they rushed along alone. He stayed quiet knowing the rules she laid out all to well. In a sense... what he was used to all his life...

He kept quiet all the way up to the gates. "...Master... is... that...home?" his words where spaced as his eyes seemed to look all the way up to the ceiling. "...unncanny..." he muttered. his eyes widened before he realized he needed to keep himself stupid in everyone's eyes. "...um... wow..." he spoke a little louder then before almost as if to talk over his last comment.

As they stopped before the guards he stood still watching Kalandrin for what to do.

"...Who - " the guard stopped his sentance rather suddenly, before coughing nervously. "... Welcome back M'lady... "

Turning to the other guard he muttered rather quickly. "... Get the gate you fool... " The second guard ran as told and opened it for her.

Blinking lightly Gosser looked up to his master wondering just how important she was.
In my defense, he had it coming to him.
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Location: Remember that dark little corner of your mind which you tired to close off? I live next door...

Postby Najah » Thu May 12, 2005 7:24 am

Zakkysha blinked as she heard the door open to the fortress and she
walked out of her room and looked down from one of the higher levels of
the circula

(( the one showed in the Beldrobbaen scene in Chapter 11 ))
Najah
Vel'akar

Postby Yeo » Thu May 12, 2005 8:44 am

Tap, tap, tap.

…

Tap, tap, tap.

Xinran had been following a lawn green sent for a while now. Slowly the sent was getting thicker and denser moving back, it was clawing and unpleasant now and had a soft gurgling sound attributed to it. Xinran still followed it, either out of boredom or maybe she was just drunk.

Those who were not blind could tell that Xinran was heading strait towards an entrance of the Val' Beldrobbaen Fortress.

CLANG!

The harsh metal sound ahead of Xinran caused her to stop.

“No further unless you are a member of the clan.â€
Yeo
Nether Spawn

Postby Najah » Thu May 12, 2005 9:33 am

Zakkysha heard another sound and went to invewstigate "Is there a
problem" came her cold and shivver inducing voice "I don't like noise"
Najah
Vel'akar

Postby Kalandrin » Thu May 12, 2005 10:41 am

Kalandrin left her swords, as the rules of the place demanded, and moved inside the building but stopped.

"This is what I call home, Gosser. How do you find it?" she said, looking upwards through the circular. "Huge, and... Never mind. Beware for golems, they can be annoying." Then, her eye noticed Zakkysha in the higher levels, as a small figure near the very end of the circular, creating a smile in her face. Without moving, she then looked around, the countless hallways and doors, and pointed at one: "This is our way" she said, "To my room. I will show you where you will sleep too, but since you are a personal slave, I'd like you to wake up earlier and come into my room. If you have any questions about any suject, tell me, since you are new here you should start learning Chel'el'sussoloth aside from your masters' desires."

"Yes, master" replied Gosser, trying to memorize which way was which. Kalandrin removed most of his chains, leaving him with his collar, and made him signal to follow her. After a while, walking in the dark halls of the Baldrobbaen fortress, she showed him her room. Quite spacious, to fit her inside probably, but the content was not as impressive as someone would have expected. A hammok of spidersilk used as a bed in a corner, big enough to fit her, a desk with a weird thing probably used as chair, with a mirror, a closet, and various other stuff, but in general the content was far different from a usual room's. "I know what you might be thinking. Living in this city creates problems" she muttered. "The hammok is not bad though, plus it is quite spacious." she laughed. Gosser noticed a small spiderweb with a tiny, conventional spider, not far over the hammok. "I will usually be here, or around the fortress. Come here tomorrow morning and every morning, okay?" told him the drider, and Gosser nodded.

Kalandrin changed her route and returned to the main hall, and from there she went to another way. After some walking, she showed Gosser his 'place'. With the other slaves, actually. "There you are. If you have any problems with someone do not hesitate to tell me. I will leave you here now, wear some proper clothes and wash yourself, then come and find me in my room. If I am not there, wait for me or follow the noise, because it seems I have a problem with some guards" she continued, bothered by all the noise the guards were making. "And again, if you want to know something, ask me, and when you have proposals, feel free to tell me. I want my first slave ever to be smart and as educated as possible. You seem a trustworthy person, don't betray me... Oh, and ask one of the other slaves to give you a proper haircut." she said, saying that last sentence a lot louder for the others to hear.

Kalandrin left with a wide smile on her face, for a reason she didn't know. She had now noticed, though, that she spoke extraordinarily much. She had spent days when she had hardly spoken with one or two persons, and that for a tiny amount of time. But today she had spent hours of talking. But she had no time to think these, the 'Kingdom of Silence' was being bothered by some noisy guards, and like Zakkysha, she wanted to find out what was going on.
Hostis humani generis ad infinitum. Compos mentis ad MCMXXCIX.

[The Good | The Bad | The Ass | The Badass]
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Yeo » Thu May 12, 2005 12:29 pm

“So, in other words you don’t have very much to do.â€
Yeo
Nether Spawn

Postby Gosser » Thu May 12, 2005 2:39 pm

Moving along briskly with Kalandrin, he kept him mind to absorbing as much information as possible. Within moments he had learned how the order of this clan seemed to work.

Once Kalandrin began to leave he moved a hand to wave for a temperary good-bye.

"Silence is golden, while order is a must..." He muttered to himself.

Turning around he found the other slaves moving round their courtered area, cleaning and going on what seemed to be a normal routine.

"...Hello, My name is Gosser... as you already heard..." he spoke.
WIthin moments he had moved around the area for slaves speaking witha few, finding one or two other humans who had the same surface language as himself. A few old jokes where passed before he quickly got down to buisness and asked for a hair cut to start things off.

It had been a while since he had trimmed his hair up. So it'd take other's to do it for him. Sitting down cross legged a male light elf went about trimming. his hair now seemed by our standards of military issue. short and to the point, yet the top of his head still remained a bit covered with the hair.
After word a quick 'thank you' was given and he moved on to another area to 'wash-up'.

Within a few minutes he was dried off and finding his cloths had been thrown into the trash, all the while a newer set of far better clothing was sitting before him. The collar had been some what hard to was around, yet he had managed.

It felt so good to not have the chains weighing him down. Within that time alone he looked around, as he finsihed drying off before getting a few 'movements' in.

His clothing was simple yet better then the horribly sown rags he had on before. A sleeveless top, that was 'pull-tied' up his front, with a matchingly dark pair of pants.
The shirt hung jsuta little below the waist line, and that bothered him. Tucking it in he picked up the belt he almost over looked and strapped it on between the loops.
Noticing the other slaves had left him a black pair of boots to match his grey attire, he found a smile before putting on some socks before tighing up the boots.

The total time that had passed for him to get all 'fixed-up' was between a half an hour and fourt-five minutes. Once done he let the others know he had to go and check in with his master.

Turning and walking out the door, he bumpped face first into a golem. Gaging he stepped back feeling himself sickened and would have puked if he had food in his stomach.

Quickly checking himself over, he made sure there was nothing of decayed flesh on him... before moving around the golem and walking towards Kalandrin' quarters.

Feeling so much lighter then normal he felt as though he was simply walking, but instead he was going on a pace that seemed a little fast for the hallways, and corridors. He felt so happy to have a place that cared for him.

Coming to a halt he gavea light knock on her door wondering if she was in.
In my defense, he had it coming to him.
Gosser
Nether Spawn

Location: Remember that dark little corner of your mind which you tired to close off? I live next door...

Postby Najah » Thu May 12, 2005 10:32 pm

(( Yeo . . Zakkysha was talking to your guards -__- ))
Najah
Vel'akar

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive