Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth: Val' Beldrobbaen Fortress [Public]

Re: Chel'el'sussoloth: Val' Beldrobbaen Fortress [Public]

Postby Alric » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:51 pm

In the middle of a small, dark room decorated with scrolls and tapestries of ancient origin, Kadan'shi, dressed in plain black spider silk tunic and trousers, sat cross legged. His eyes were closed and his breathing deep and steady, almost as if he was asleep whilst sitting up. Yet his mind was far more alert than a casual observer might have noticed. The drowolath male thought of what his master at Orthorbbae had told him those decades long ago. Don't concentrate too hard...empty your mind, and let the element become you...then you shall have the power to control it.

With a slow, yet strong exhale, Kadan'shi relaxed his mind, letting all his worries fade away. He saw and heard nothing, and sensed only the smell of burning incense that permeated the chamber. A dark form appeared before him and began to take shape, becoming a near perfect simulacrum of Kadan'shi, now standing up facing the original. Kadan'shi sensed his success, and decided that he should try something more complex...

The image of Kadan'shi faded, and now a larger shape loomed over the sitting drowolath. The shape formed into a drider knight wielding a large mace. Soon, the drider began to look around and move its limbs about in a lifelike fashion. Kadan'shi's brows furrowed in thought, and the drider walked out of the chamber into Kadan'shi's bedroom. After a few minutes, fatigue began to tear at the drow's aura. Feeling his abilities suitably tested for the moment, Kadan'shi opened his eyes and witnessed the drider vanish.

Breathing heavily due to the strain, Kadan'shi stood up and stretched. That was enough for the moment...he thought as he walked out of the meditation chamber. I sure could go for some food right about now. Extended periods of mana usage always made him hungry. Another thought crossed Kadan'shi's mind. Perhaps he could go down to the dojo for some physical exercise as well? Regardless, he had matters to attend to. Kadan'shi pulled slippers on over his bare feet and left his room. As he walked the mostly empty halls, he came across another male, this one with teal dyed hair, carrying a book. Zephyr'arub. Most Aleiryn knew each other fairly well, given their family's small size. "How goes it, old friend?" Kadan'shi asked.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Sarghress

Postby blackshade10 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:00 pm

Zephyr glanced toward the drow who'd called his name, his hand tapping his cane-sword briefly. It was Kadan'shi, a fellow house members. He knew him, it was hard not too with how social the drow was, in contrast to Zephyr's quiet and reserved nature. He half-heartedily gave a small bow in greeting, holding the book to his chest.

"Greetings..."
Zephyr said quietly in his shy way. Zephyr was not a social butterfly, but knew his manners and didn't necessarily dislike Kadan... He just didn't really know how to talk to him.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Kalandrin » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:41 pm

Venting out your stress in the presence of nobles was not a wise thing. Or at least this was what Kalandrin would tell you, and it was probably applicable as far as free time was concerned. In the event she had a Val under her command she would not be any softer to her than she would be on her own troops, but this wasn't the case. Guy or not guy, a Val was a Val, and it would not be wise to start annihilating practice dummies in front of him for you never knew how would he react. She arched her eyebrows and took off her helm using her free left hand.

"It is no issue, Lord Val" Kalandrin spoke politely. She knew every Val's name and rank in the House, and many of these were here for less time than she had been, but no matter the flexibility some of her mid-echelon friends had often given her, she always remained proper, loyal and disciplined. Being in the Aleiryn was not a right or privilege for her, but a purpose; the House had rightfully earned her loyalty. "There is no need for you to be dislodged on my behalf. Please continue" she insisted.

She put down her enormous mace (which resembled a maul in size and application, though it still had those painful flanges) and hanged her helm from her waist belt. At that moment a pair of other males entered; these two she knew from the heavy infantry units. Someday they'd become drider knights, she figured, and she would probably have to train them and accustom them to their new bodies.

The drider knight turned respectfully towards the Vals of the lesser sex and greeted them. "Greetings, Lord Val Kadan'shi and Lord Val Zephyr'arub" Kalandrin greeted. "It is surprising to see so many Lord Vals in the training area at such a time" Kalandrin smiled at them. No matter her politeness she always had a soft air of confidence around her, perhaps stemming from the years she had serving this House.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby django » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:15 pm

"There is no need for you to be dislodged on my behalf. Please continue"

Bren nodded "As you wish but my offer still stands if you change your mind Sargent Kalandrin. And Please you may call me Val Bren." respecting her decision and not pressing the point further. Kalandrin seemed the proud and proper type and he liked that in a person, unless their pride got out of hand. So he went back to throwing knives and prying them out and throwing them again when the two more entered the room. " Lord Val Kadan'shi and Lord Val Zephyr'arub welcome." Bren turned and nodded to the new comers.

This was when Bren saw just how big Kalandrin mace was, Mother of goddess! he would hate to find himself on the wrong end of that but he would like to see that in action.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Alric » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:43 am

Kadan'shi remained poker faced as Kalandrin hefted her gigantic mace…he'd seen such weapons used by her and other Drider Knights before. That didn't mean the spectacle was any less impressive to Kadan'shi's eyes, however. "Greetings to you, Kalandrin, Bren, and Zephyr'arub." Zephyr'arub had never been the talkative sort, even towards Kadan'shi.

Kadan'shi perused the array of training arms placed in the racks along the dojo's walls. Like most heavy infantry, Kadan'shi was most proficient with polearms. The weight room was adjacent to the dojo, though Kadan'shi had visited this very morning. No need to over-work one's muscles now. "What brings you all to this room at this time?"
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby blackshade10 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:30 am

Zephyr just scratched his head, shrugging. "I was just passing by, really." He said, shifting the book in his arms. Zephyr had also spent many an hour in this room, training like all the members of the house, pressed to learn how to fight and wage war. Not that Zephyr had any problems with that... He was made for that sort of thing. His mind wandered to his rare sorcery, one that he'd been pressed to master and learn. He felt a bit like a rare commodity, stored away in the fortress, fearful for his safety lest they lose such a rare gift. It made sense... but it still irked him.

Shaking his head, Zehpyr just shifted from one foot to the next, not really having much to say. He was still a bit shy, even around his own clansmen.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Kalandrin » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:50 am

OOC: I know it took me a while to reply, I apologise. I had a writer's block. Still on the lookout for the notorious Female Val with no success ^^;

The drider knight nodded mechanically at Bran's direction. There was a sense of pride in her aura - on one hand she was probably the oldest one among all these present, on the other hand she was the lowest-ranked of them all, and with virtually no chances of promotion by comparison. She liked it here, however, and seeing two-legged Vals stare at her mace like Bran just had made her particularly satisfied.

"The day shall come, when you will wield similar weapons of your own" she mused off with a half-smirk. Every Beldrobbaen male became a drider someday, and with the conversion came a greater aura and greater physical strength. She was certainly biased, but Kalandrin considered her kind as the strongest and most versatile Underworld race, if the most unwanted one as well. The drow could tolerate anything, except driders. Even the sightless...

Kalandrin cleared her throat. "I thought I could charge and annihilate some dummies. Vent off some frustration - you know how these things go, Lord Val Kadan'shi" she replied seriously. She glared at a nearby dummy as though it were a Vloz'ress mercenary. "It does appear as though the bunch of us looked for some privacy and ended up in an unpleasantly... large group. Perhaps the Lord Vals would be interested in a break?" she subsequently offered.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby django » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:20 pm

Bren looked at Kadan'shi as he asked "What brings you all to this room at this time?"

"I've had some, mother problems earlier today and needed something constructive to ease the stress from 'that' encounter" he ended with a sigh. He cant say he was too fond of his mother as of late.

Bren hand as if on reflex touched his left arm, as Kalandrin said "The day shall come, when you will wield similar weapons of your own" He knew what she was talking about. It was always something he dreamed about but his arm made it hard for finding a mate, often they think its something that would be passed to the child or contagious. The arrogance of some people.

"I would call it far from unpleasant Sargent Kalandrin. I do not mind the company." he smiled turning to the drider but it did seem she wanted some privacy, so Bren started to clean up his mess and collect the knives.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Alric » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:45 am

Kadan'shi nodded at Kalandrin's statement. His pending transformation into a drider was as inevitable as the drow's next breath. Kadan'shi had witnessed his father's struggles to retain his sanity after conversion, and secretly feared that he would be less fortunate. For a time, Kadan'shi had tried to avoid females from his own clan, yet he relented under pressure from his mother, who somehow had come uncomfortably close to guessing Kadan'shi's reasons. It would be unseemly at this time to avoid trying to create more girls for the clan. The last thing he needed were nasty rumors that he was sterile or somehow unwilling to mate with females. Kadan'shi kept reminding himself that the strength and clan prestige would be worth it…after all, the other driders at the fortress were mentally lucid, what did he have to fear?

"Privacy?" repeated Kadan'shi with a slight smile. "I've had enough of that in my room. I came down here to get some fresh air…maybe see who else was out at this time. Practicing sorcery tires the mind as well as the body." Nodding towards the dummies, he continued speaking to Kalandrin. "Go ahead and train if you wish. But try to go gentle on the dummies; the maintenance staff would appreciate it," Kadan'shi said with a chuckle – a rarity these days.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby blackshade10 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:01 am

Zephyr just mildly watched the three chat, silently rattling his hidden cane-sword, and adjusting the book in his arm. He really didn't have much to say, though, and he wasn't entirely comfortable talking to people... not usually. Nonetheless, he tried at least.

"You all can practice. I'll just stay over here."
He said shyly, shifting his weight from leg to leg. Truth be told, he could probably have used the practice, but he really wasn't the type to practice with others. Just wasn't his.... "thing".
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Kalandrin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:27 am

OOC: Damn it, I am such an infrequent poster. You are free to PM me any time you feel I am taking too long with this! In the other news, I might have found someone for our female Val. More coming when the time is right.

The drider rolled her eyes at Bren's comment as politely as she could, though "sigh" might easily come into someone's mind upon seeing her. She was not here to get in philosophical or technical discussions anyhow. She rested the mace on the floor, staring at the dummies as Kadan'shi spoke, and just gave him a smirk and a somewhat bored look in response. "Now now, that's not accurate training, is it? I don't think the Vloz'ress will have maintenance staff to be bothered once I am done with them" she smirked maliciously, giving a rather bloodthirsty impression for a moment. "Alas. Some other time. Not the best conditions for the Charge of the Drider Brigade at the moment."

She looked around her. A reluctant bookworm, a clueless guy who liked throwing pointy... things, and Background Male #22. Kalandrin didn't feel like such company right now, to the level she was thinking disrespectfully enough as things were. Nevertheless, she was not quite in the mood to let her day be shadowed by the fact her company was male or as young as it was. "So, what about that break, perhaps for a drink? It will ease your minds and calm you down" she suggested. "Unless your Valnesses prefer to take off your sweaty armour and bathe first" she added with a hint of sarcasm. Okay, she was beginning to sound... hostile. Not a good thing. Better control that asap.
Kalandrin
Drider Knight

Postby django » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:27 am

Bren came back from the storage room and chuckled a little "I would hardly call knife throwing tiring. You make it sound like we just came back from a marathon." But he did sit down on a bench and decided to be social for a change. "I cant say for much for Kadan'shi and Zephyr but I haven't had one today." He turned to the males of the group "But I wouldn't mind taking a break and socialize for a bit, even if I sit here and watch."

"How have you gentlemen been keeping yourselves lately? Thing have been quite for a change." It was a nice start to get some conversations going, he usually was too busy or thought himself too busy at least. He hoped the other were up to conversation.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Alric » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:10 am

"Heh, I'm all for realistic battlefield training. And as for the clean up, well, that's what golems are for," Kadan'shi said with a wink.

Kadan'shi nodded his head, concurring with what Bren had said. "Sure, a drink sounds nice. Let me relax and clear my mind, if anything. Any specific place you have in mind?" he asked the drider. Something about the drider's tone annoyed the sullen-looking drow, however. Perhaps Kalandrin would be more open to conversation with her adopted clanmates in a more social environment.

And perhaps the same with Zephy'arub, he mentally added. That guy needed to learn to enjoy himself a little, thought Kadan'shi, catching the irony of him thinking that someone needed to take it easy for a while.
Alric
Dragon of the Nether

Postby blackshade10 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:23 am

Zephyr'arub had popped open his book, somewhat drowning out the voices around him as he began to flip through the old light elven text. It really was a rather interesting book. Zephyr's eyes peeked over the edge of the book for a brief moment to scan the conversing people, before dropping his eyes back to the book again. They were just gibbering on about something. Didn't really involve him.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Pariel » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:45 pm

Shamsha walked silently along one of the many Beldrobbaen corridors, her plate boots making metallic sounds at a very regular interval. She was neither fast nor slow, merely unceasing in her walk. The plate-clad giantess, fully equipped as if there was going to be battle tomorrow. She knew she was an unusual sight in a clan that had slowly sank in despair, remembering the days of glory, but herself, like a few of others did not want to give in without at least trying to improve it for the best. If only the males weren't such pathetical slimebags of hopelessness, she could make fine soldiers out of them. She thanked Sharess there were some exceptions, like her own son. But that wasn't nearly enough.

"Hmmm" She pondered, her mood that of boredom. She felt bold today, and there wasn't anyone to train, so she wanted to go shopping outside the fortress, confident that her prowess would be more than enough to fend those mongrels who wanted to despoil the blood she had been granted.

Why not? She said. Maybe she could buy some new plushies for her collection. Fluffy, cuddly plushies. And some gifts for the girls. She found herself smiling faintly, although she was relieved no one had noticed it. Goddess forbid those who expressed their emotions so openly for this was a cruel world.

Heading for her room, she decided to get some money for the shopping trip.

(OOC:Heading outside)
Pariel
Sharen Errand Boy

Clan: Sharen

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive