Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

The Crossroads - Outskirts of Chel'el'Sussoloth [PRIVATE]

Postby Xian » Fri Nov 26, 2004 5:29 pm

"No physical damage, huh?" Athidus says almost mournfully. He wasn't exactly a Sarghess torturer/interrogater, but he knew enough of the sensitive nerves in the body to make a tainted Sharen soldier beg for mercy. "Well, I think I'll let someone else take a shot at it, first. I'll try to think of a little something in the mean time." Athidus reclines and puts his hands behind his head, gazing up past the illuminated field of the fire, into the darkness.
Xian
Demon

Postby Maximillian Caine » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:12 am

It talked?

@_@

This was like Sharess coming down to have a quiet chat with Ma about how to attract girls. He had never heard a Drider talk before, and, quite frankly, was scared. Could the Drider that he ate in past have been able to talk as well? The thought made him sick to his stomach.

Ma approached the Wae'linder gingerly, like a WWII bomb disposal squaddie tasked with opening the casing. In his hand was a mushroom.

"So.. you have a name?"
Maximillian Caine
Nether Spawn

Postby Starlitdragon » Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:02 pm

The Waelinider eyes Ma, its 'nostrils' dialating. Obviously, it had more important things on its mind than these silly questions.

"Food..?" it whined. "Name..?"

A rustling sound was issued as it laughed. Of course it had a name. It was.. It was.. Well, nevermind. Memory wasn't nearly as worthwhile as those tasty.. Squishy things.. That the non-magic drow threw on to the ground. The sight of the small oblong foodstuffs evoked a feeling of familiarity. Perhaps he liked mushrooms yesterday? The amusing thought played around in its mind. Yesterday was a very, very long time ago. No affect on the future. So who would care? The strange magic-drow seemed to. Craziness must be a key factor. The Waelinider was wary of magic drow. They did bad stuff to you. Had a magic-drow done something bad to him? But the.. Squishy things.. They were so.. Good.
Starlitdragon
baneling

Clan: Illhar'dro

The Drider Whisperer

Postby Maximillian Caine » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:53 pm

The mushroom made a complicated orbit in the air as Ma passed it from hand to hand. These orbits grew teasingly close to the Wae'linder.

"Yes, name. You have something you call yourself? Something that says, I am Me? Something ohter people say, when they want You? You want this? Then, what do we call you?"
Maximillian Caine
Nether Spawn

Postby Onizuka » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:57 pm

Shiv'arl heard the proposal set forth by Ahtaeyen. After some short deliberation, he walked over to the drider so that he was behind the drider's left side. In a flash of movement Shiv had wrapped his right arm around the drider's shoulders and had put a dagger to its throat. Lowering his voice to a sinister whisper, Shiv tell the drider, "Listen, and listen good. I don't like you, but I can't harm you, yet. If you give me one good reason to not trust you, well, you can imagine the results. I don't give a damn about your past, but you are going to answer any question asked of you, understand? Good. Now, for your sake, let us hope that you don't screw up." And with that, Shiv'arl walked a few feet away and went back to standing with his back to the fire.
Onizuka
Great Teacher

Postby Starlitdragon » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:50 am

The abrupt violence towards the Waelinider terrified it. It’s simplistic mind skittered frantically as it attempted to understand the bad-tempered drow’s meaningless gibberish. The harsh tone made the intent only too clear. Food was pushed to the back of its mind as it stared at the empath with wobbly eyes.

“Scryiaaah! Know name, know name. Magic-drow call me ‘Yeek! Waelinider’. Good-drow..â€
Starlitdragon
baneling

Postby Maximillian Caine » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:06 am

"Ypresiika! Nice-name!"

The mushroom was speared out of the air by Ypresiika. A fresh mushroom filled the gap. The juggling mushrooms formed complicated shapes in front of Ypresiika.

"Now Ypresiika, I'm Ma. I'm nice. He's Shiv. He's impatient. Understand impatient? Hmm? Doesn't like to be kept waiting. So, I got another questions. Where you come from, Ypresiika? Where you been just now, before we met? Who this magic drow?"
Maximillian Caine
Nether Spawn

Postby Starlitdragon » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:12 am

"Before?"

The prospect of the past made Ypresiika hesitate. But only for a moment. He tore apart the delicious mushroom he had liberated, savouring the slightly nutty flavour.

"Before squishy foodstuffs? Ypresiika see dark. All alone, no other crazy-drow around. Then, BANG! Out of dark comes bad, bad red-eyed magic-drow. She not give Ypresiika good squishy things. No! Magic-drow does bad things to Ypresiika. Hurt alot. But bad-drow go 'way for a while. Ypresiika smart, so Ypresiika go away too. Dark again, for long-time. Then Ypresiika sees more magic-drow, and tasty squishy things. Squishy things good, so Ypresiika stays." The Waelinider longingly stared at the circling mushrooms. He momentarily glanced at the other magic-drow. So far, these magic-drow had done nothing painful to him. They couldn't be trusted. But for the squishy things, Ypresiika would trust the yellow-eyes itself. He voiced the last thought outloud as he made another hopeful swipe at the mushrooms.
Starlitdragon
baneling

Postby Xian » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:18 am

(By "He voiced this last thought," I'm going to assume it refers to the yellow-eyes bit.)

"The yellow-eyes?" Athidus inquires, taking a new interest in the conversation. Athidus concentrated for a few seconds, surpressing his aura, since Ypresiika seemed to inherently distrust the "magic drow." With a little luck, the effort would allow him to speak openly with the Waelinider. "Big thing, unfriendly type, hungry?" Athidus made grand gestures to accompany his questions, arching his brow quizzically. "Bright yellow eyes, growls like a big cat?"
Xian
Demon

Postby Onizuka » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:11 pm

((AAAh, its dead dead i say. What the hell happened to everyone? Bah, I will wait some more. No more OOC, I promise))
Onizuka
Great Teacher

Postby Starlitdragon » Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:46 am

((Alright, I'm sorry about the extended hiatus. I had an OS replacement that turned into a nightmare. I still need to install an anti-virus program, but I'm all good for now. Apologies for that! Also, Oni PMed me letting me know he is going to drop out in the near future. A bit inconvenient: we're running low on players. If we lose one more, I will discuss the possibility of bringing in new players (if they want to), in context of course.))

The Waelinider stirred. "Cat? Don't know cat. But yellow-eyes make bad sounds, yes. Scares Ypresiika lots, lots. But yellow-eyes leave Ypresiika alone, 'cos magic-drow kept yellow-eyes busy. Moving, moving, moving. Them two were busy, mmm, when not hurting Ypresiika." The drider seemed more at ease now. The magic-drow seemed to be slowly decreasin in number. Good! Perhaps they would be all gone by no-wake time. Then Ypresiika would be gone too. Along with those delightful squishy things.

"More questions? No? Ypresiika tired, so hurry, hurry. Good-drow and magic-drow tired yet? Yes?"

He stretched out, splaying his arachnid half comfortably on the ground. Still, Ypresiika kept an eye out for a welcome squishy. He was still quite close to the food-drow and the fire. The flickering light cast a splendid sheen upon his velvety legs. He was relaxed now, ready for anything.
Starlitdragon
baneling

Postby Xian » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:54 am

"I guess we did keep it fairly busy, at that. It shouldn't hurt Ypresiika anymore. Just one more, Ypresiika; where did you come from? How did you get here?"

Unfortunately, since Ma had taken his mushrooms, he had nothing much to offer the Waelinider. Feeling that a little bit of retaliation was in order, Athidus made a swipe for the mushroom Ma was tossing around, if only to later give it to Ypresiika for answering his questions anyways. He did need to motivate the drider somehow, after all.
Xian
Demon

Postby Starlitdragon » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:56 am

"From? Come? Ypresiika.. Ypresiika.." the idea seemed to disturb the Drider. "I not remember.. Much.. But.." Ypresiika shuddered. His left foreleg began to twitch involuntarily. His voice went on to a higher register. "Ypresiika.. I.. Was different before red-eyes. We.. I.. Became one. Ypresiika was no magic-drow, Ypresiika different. But I.. I not know.. How to explain.. Ypresiika and I became one. Ypresiika is.. Me.. I, Ypresiika, are one.."

The Drider continued to mutter its strange nonsense. Athaeyen furrowed her brow, as she shifted her position slightly. Sleep dragged heavily on her eyes, bidding her to take a rest after the day's strenuous activity. Ypresiika seemed in no mood to answer more questions.

"Thank you, Athidus, Shiv, Ma. You have been a help to me. It seems we must make a decision soon, whether to press on to the Hive, or turn back. From what I surmise from Ypresiika, it seems we have a Tainted One on our hands. I am assuming the 'Yellow-eyes' is some sort of demon. Also, it seems Ypresiika was a.. Mmm.. Nevermind. And Yul.."

Athaeyen nodded to the stationary alchemist. "Our alchemist has not answered to any of us since the incident with the cat. He seems to have descended into a state of catatonia.. And I don't know how to revive him. Think well about this, gentlemen. I'm going to sleep now. Meron, or anyone else, can take first watch."
Starlitdragon
baneling

Postby Maximillian Caine » Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:59 pm

Ma's teeth ground at the mention of a Tainted.

~Insufferable bound naga-sucking scumbags!~

He also didn't like what he heard Ypresiika say. Was Ypresiika Bound by the infernal magics of this... Tainted. And if that was true, how many others were also Bound?

Ma's blood ran hot at the prospect of "dealing" with a Tainted who forcibly Bound the unwilling into forms they could never free themselves from. He felt twitchy and active, unable to stay still.

"Mistress, I will take first watch"
Maximillian Caine
Nether Spawn

Postby Xian » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:52 am

"Suits me just fine," Athidus said wearily, stretching his arms over his head. He was glad that Ma's sharp ears would be his guard during the first watch. The Xuile'Solen's strong sense of duty was insurance enough that he wouldn't fall asleep on the job, so Athidus retrieved his backpack and rummaged around in it. That's strange, he thought, sifting its contents back and forth. I'm sure there were some... waiiit a second. Athidus looked up at Ma as the realization came over him, and he smirked. "Ah," he grunted aloud, lifting his shoulders slightly. No dessert after all.

Athidus lifted from the backpack the fairly bare, provisionary blanket that was thin enough to carry and fold rather snugly against the inside wall of the pack. Unfortunately, these provisions didn't allow for much in the way of warmth or comfort. He removed his belt, laden with daggers, vials and pouches as it was, and set it beside him, underneath the blanket, resting his left hand on one of the weapons as he settled his head back against the backpack. "I'll take whatever watch," he said with an uncaring gesture of his right hand. "Just wake me when it's my turn."
Xian
Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive