Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

RAVERAN || Val´Reveran || Bazaar

Postby Meska369 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:12 am

Meska face palmed, as Ana didn't get what she had said before. She Bowed to Her Companion before Speaking in a much gentler voice to the confused woman who clung so desperately to he harp.

" No, no ,no. Ana, you do not understand. What I was angry about was your referring to yourself as a "White Worm". You are a Light Elf, not a worm, white or otherwise. I think the slur of that "white Worm" title they call you an insult to you and your race. Please do not think I am mad at you in any way. I'm really mad at those who told you that you were that despicable name. Ick, "white Worm" is horrible and obscene thing to call a person. ".

She then turns to Ana's companion and bows as well. " I must also beg your forgiveness as well, Lady Ysse. I am a touch sensitive to such slurs of any people. Even towards the demon folk, it is bad to hear. ", she shakes her head and then breaths before continuing, " It is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Ysse. A Spellsinger, former or not, is a wonderful person to meet. And please, both of you, Call me Meska and Pay’Lor simply Pay. Formal names are unnecessary. ".

"I would love to lay pipe... but I have no pipe to lay" - Meska369
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain
Clan: Tei'kaliath

Postby Madea » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:51 am

Ysse drummed her fingers against her thigh beneath the table at the outburst. She was just trying to have lunch and carry on a bloody conversation... was Raveran really so different from Chel? Regardless, her hands flowed into an encouraging string of 'You're doing fine' that she signed as her companion used her house name (she had no stance on the practice, but heartily approved in Ana's case). Ysse hoped Oriana understood.

'There are times and places, Lady Meska, for championing your causes and expressing your opinions - I do appreciate your sensitivity." Ysse scripted as neatly as possible, in response to Ana's look her direction, "I accept the apology, and greet you and your companion, but wish to remind you that you were the one who approached us and we should be mindful not to disrupt our host's business.' Ysse was not offended, not in the way perhaps most nobles would be, but she hoped to bring attention to the fact that the loss of temper had likely cost the vendor some revinue.

She passed the napkin to Oriana for reading, noting she only had a few left and would need to start utilizing the other sides of used ones soon. Taking a few moments to count the four napkins remained, she wrote an addendum.

'We will not stay for much longer, but you are welcome to sit with us while we remain here.' She invited, before adding a small note to her musician, '-Ana, do you know the tune 'To Call My Heart Home'?' It was a marginally popular instrumental tune in Chel around when she'd left, but she had no idea if Ana knew it.

Again, she slid the note to Ana, and set the pencil as she waited for the pale elf to read before softly whistling the dozen or so bars of the main melody as an example. Though lyricless, it was a very soothing song ideal as background music, and hopefully would bring a calmer air to the little bistro.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Location: In EVA above Green Ball, surrounded by Space Kitties!
Clan: Sharen

Postby Bamawing » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Ana was bewildered at Meska's reaction. She had never thought of the phrase "write worm" as an insult. In her mind, it was a simple, neutral statement of fact. She had only heard the phrase "light elf" a few times before, in very formal situations. But Ana was a true showwoman, and she was always willing to give the people what they want.

She noticed Ysse's hands forming cant. Oddly, it looked like she was signing "How are you? I'm fine." At least the "you" and the "fine" were in there. She decided that it must be encouragement and smiled.

Ana read the first note aloud, paling slightly at the end. What did the poor stand manager think of this? Before she could decide what to say as an apology, she read the second note, and smiled. Natually, this would do.

"My lady invites you both to stay with us for the small amount of time we plan to stay," she told Meska cheerfully. "One moment, please."

Ana stood and addressed the stand owner, who was watching them carefully while pretending not to be. "Good sir, please accept a song as apology for the recent... disruption." She bowed to the owner, who had stopped pretending not to notice them and was blinking at her in apparent confusion.

Ana then sat down and positioned her harp. "To Call my Heart Home was my first master's favorite song, when I was first purchased," she mused with a smile, and began to play.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Meska369 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:28 pm

Her one blue and one green eyes smiled as she did. She nodded to Ysse and spoke softly, "You are very correct, M'Lady. I will stay and hear, thank you for thinking I might enjoy such a thing. I must make retribution for my outburst.", She bowed to them both and Listened as the woman started to feel relaxed again.

Meska moved to the Booth owner and placed a small brown bag that jingled as it settled on the wooden table next to him. She returned to the table and sat down silently as the Owner opened the bag then looked up with surprise and Meska waved him off before he could say anything.

Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Location: When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained. - Mark Twain

Postby Madea » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:05 am

Ysse released a small sigh of relief, grateful that the silence which had been imposed by an angry drow slowly became quiet conversation supported by the calm melody played skillfully by Oriana. Her keen ear noted the excellent rendition of the song the white elf played, and she was more than happy to set down the pencil, fold her arms across her stomach, and lean back to listen.

Yes, this would be a good note to end everything on; after the song was finished, she thought it an excellent time to return to the fortress.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Postby Bamawing » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:33 pm

Yes, this was all perfectly appropriate, thought Ana. First the traveling to make a new life in Raveran song, and now Rio'laish's favorite song. It made her wonder if she should re-dye her hair. But Ysse was different than Rio'laish Vel'Sharen... she was far more willing to talk to her, and appreciated her music. She wondered if Rio'laish had ever done the same... he had certainly not given any indication of it. No matter. He was dead.

Meska, also, was interesting. What was wrong with calling herself the name of her legless ancestors? Maybe this lady had a bad expierence with worms. There were kiri'sus around...

Ana considered, while letting her fingers replay the chorus. Yes, that certainly made sense. Meska had been attacked by a kiri'su. That explained the scarred face, and the aversion to worms. So she insisted that Ana was different than they... which was true enough, really. She, Ana, had been blessed by Sharess to play music for the Drow, whereas worms were good only for the Drow to eat. What a nice lady! Ana gave her a happy smile as she finished up the song.
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Meska369 » Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:17 pm

Meska clapped softly in praise of the song and returned the smile with one of her own. She seemed slightly wistful and yet happy but there was a touch of sadness deep within her eyes.or was it the way her mouth smiled but not quite the way it might have. She sighed with pleasure regardless of her inner melancholy.

" Wonderful, M'Lady, truly wonderful. It reminds me of my childhood songs. I'm glad the Goddess has blessed you with a pure and clear voice. I hope that she continues to do so. ", comes her happy praise of Ana.

Remember when you used to sing that way? Such a long time ago... It was one of my happy, happy childhood activities. Mum and Da would bring Brother and Baby Sister and I would start singing as they joined in. I wish sometimes we still did that. But wishes are not always reality of the present. Songs I sing are no longer a joy... they may never be again.

Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Madea » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:07 pm

Ysse wrote as Oriana began to close out the ballad, filling the message and folding it in half before passing it across the table once the song had finished. Slender, dark-skinned fingers deftly cleaned up the napkins and what serviceware was on the table before Ana had a chance to protest. The conversation she kept, tucking them in various pockets - she would destroy them later - and with a slow nod to her white elf and guest, rose to take everything back to their host.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

Postby Bamawing » Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:50 pm

Ana was horrified at the thought of Ysse clearing the table herself, but it was too late, as Ysse handed her a paper with a smile. Apparently her new mistress wanted her to speak for them, and she was willing to do a slave's work in the meantime. She read the note quickly, and addressed Meska with a smile.

"My Lady thanks you for your pleasant company, and wishes you well, as do I," she said and bowed. "If you wish to contact us later, please inquire at the Ill'hardro compound. Perhaps you and my Lady coud spar, she says, and I am always interested in singing." She hesitated, then added quickly, "I will try to come up with some very happy songs, so that I do not streak your face with more tears."

Ana then rose, hefted her harp upon her shoulder, and bowed again. Then she fairly skipped over to Ysse and said, "My meagre possessions are at the Winged Spider Inn, mistress. They are few and light."
Bamawing
Vel'akar

Postby Meska369 » Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:41 pm

Meska rose when Ana did and nodded to what she was saying.

"You have brought me nothing but pleasure and good memories, I swear to you.", she spoke with something of reverence in her voice before bowing to both women individually with her hands pressed together in modesty. "The offer of a friendly sparing matches appealing to me as well. I enjoy experiencing the different styles. I wish you both well on your journeys may the Goddess guide your path.", and then she turns away and disappears into the crowd with a a few steps and is gone.
Meska369
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Madea » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:26 pm

Ysse returned Meska's parting bow with a cant of her head before smiling at Oriana's acknowledgement and obviously pleased mood. "Let's go." She wove her fingers into sign and swept a hand in the direction where she recalled seeing that very establishment.

And they were off to collect Ana's things.
Madea
Pineapple Warmaster

The Grand Entrance

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:01 am

Svelt carefully crawled through back alleys and over roofs in search of somewhere he might find work. Food would not be hard to find, the slums had plenty of food just lying around if he wasn't too particular about what he was eating. But he would need a weapon of some sort, a small knife and better clothes would be nice too. His cautious track over a rather large roof suddenly placed him above the market.

Peering into the steaming tumult he wrinkled his nose at the many bodies. The scent of their blood brought a rumble from his stomach but he crushed the feeling savagely. He would not fall into madness so easily.
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby kembaru » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:04 am

((Shows how much research you did in making -your- character...

Kembaru wrote:My Drider lives on blood! I am so badass!

I hope you like having a very sick drider then, because you still have and rely on all of your drowish digestive organs, as such you need a drow diet, they can live on blood if they really need to, but you can only drink about a pint of it before you get very very sick and throw up. Blood is iron rich, but you need a lot more than iron if you are to survive more than a few weeks.

It is also noted that not even real world spiders live on the blood of their prey, their venom liquifies the insides of another insect's exoskeleton allowing them to suck it out as a sort of soup.

Aaanyway, we support the newbies, adventure comes to you.))

A short flight and a dash later, the two were almost home. The problem with leaving your riding lizard behind was that quite simply you left your riding lizard behind, had to proceed on foot, and with the greyskin up in arms and the entire city on alert now, a notion Yi thought of with pride in her heart, you still had to walk.

She'd changed her clothes, shoving the armor from her upper body into her pack, Haalith wore her cloak to cover up the fact that he was what he was, and now she walked along wearing just her sleeveless tunic and leg armor, proudly displaying her tattoos marking her as having once been one of the 'maddened' Nidra'chaal.

She spoke of others, as if they were nothing but a pair of mercenaries looking for work in the upcoming war.

"So... First we check out the fortresses, Illhardro, Vloz'ress, see just what has been started. It's a shame the Kyorl'solenurn don't use tracking demons that can follow their mana trail, lizards and Xuile'solen can't track what's gone through mid-air... Personally I'm surprised. Suprised and disappointed that they didn't put up more of a fight... But all the same I think this marks a very good point in time in which the future is looking up for us."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Svelt Rho'Vannion » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:13 am

((You're making assumptions. I never said blood. I said food would be findable. Just because food is findable in a poor area doesn't mean it's blood.))
Svelt Rho'Vannion
Demon

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby kembaru » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:15 am

You wrote:The scent of their blood brought a rumble from his stomach
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive