Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

THE RUMOUR MILL. News that changes your views!

Postby Maximillian Caine » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:46 pm

ISSUE THREE

Orc fails to match up in the arena

Another upset rocked the Black Dragon Tavern as "Lucky" Red Rover, orc and winner of three previous fights was hideously disembowelled by an unnamed first-time Feral to the arena.

"What the hell was that idiot doing? Why was he waiting for the Feral to strike?", one angry punter shouted, "This isn't some damn story where if one side does nothing but stand there they get to counter-attack!"

http://www.drowtales.com/drowforums/vie ... c&start=45

Players: Gelorn (as NPCs)

Now hiring!

With the utter failure of the various clans attempts provide even the impression of security for commoners, merchants are increasingly turning to mercenaries to protect their interests and stomp all over their rivals.

Watch out though. If you're looking for muscle, there's plenty of scamsters who'll take your ada and then hightail it when the going gets rough. Always test your prospect pre-hiring, preferably in a life-or-death situation (his).

Mercenaries. Now is the time more than ever to get a good set of references from your last employer and see that all your rivals are lying choking in the gutter. See your local alchemist for further details on how to get ahead of the pack.

http://www.drowtales.com/drowforums/vie ... c&start=30

Players: Shas-o, Ravinous, Hecate, Gelorn (as NPCs)

Fera ahead in the slave game

Heady days are head for Feral slave factors, as the Fera breed were revealed to be the most popular slave sold this week in the Raveran slave markets.

"It's because they've got a bit of spunk. No-one likes slaves with as much personality as a wet towel - that's just sooooo last season.", Kanal Ilhar'Dro, minor noble of the ruling Ilhar'Dro clan was noted as saying, "Also, they have good bodies that don't look as if they've been moulded from clay by an inexpert potter. I mean, have you seen the human slaves recently? Daaamn. That's all I can say."

http://www.drowtales.com/drowforums/vie ... 3&start=15

Players: Naur, Warwick
Maximillian Caine
Nether Spawn

Postby Ravinous » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:54 pm

((Heheh, I like this publication already. XD))
Ravinous
Demon

Location: In the wonderful state of Nirvana... quite literally. >.>
Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Onizuka » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:55 pm

((indeed, it is quite amusing.))
Onizuka
Great Teacher

Postby Hecate » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:59 am

(yay! shitaki! drows and mushrooms and psychos, oh my!)
Hecate
Summoner

Postby Maximillian Caine » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:50 pm

ISSUE 4

Experts reveal wilds travel is bad for your health

After an exhausting six-month study, Faern scholars from Orthobbarae revealed today that visiting the wilds was very bad for your health.

"The investigation of the incidence rate of murder, theft, kidnapping, demonic possession, enslavement, getting hopelessly lost and starving to death and being messily devoured alive showed that travellers would likely suffer at least two of these seven possibilities on any trip they made.", came the verdict of Kelel, a clanless Faern currently working at Orthobbrae,"Long-term exposure to the wilds commonly results in death or insanity. I recommend that everyone stays in the city and doesn't go out."

Kelel was asked about the need to gather resources to keep our great city running.

"Well, isn't that what slaves are for? Why they hell should we risk our lives when we can get slaves to do the scut work for us? Have you SEEN the creatures that wait in the wilds? Next time you order spicy spider legs, just think where that came from."

On being questioned about how the six great clans survive, while their fortresses are stationed outside of the city, Kelel had this to say.

"If you're crazy enough to go visit a Great Clan fortress without a troop of soliders backing you up, then you get everything you deserve. Me, I'm staying here in my office with the door locked and a loaded crossbow in my hands. THEY WON'T GET ME WITHOUT A FIGHT!"

Kelel broke off the interview at that point.

http://www.drowtales.com/drowforums/vie ... php?t=4379

Players: Shas-o, Ravinous (both gone to Black Dragon Inn after a trip to the mushroom forest)

And

http://www.drowtales.com/drowforums/vie ... php?t=4375

Players: Starlitdragon, Xian, Onizuka, Max Caine, Havochamster, Kite (currently being stalked in the wilds)

Vloz'Raveran still under threat?

Reliable sources tell us that a pack of demons are currently working hand-in-hand with a nest of dragons to bring the town of Vloz'Raveran to its knees. No word has come out of the local Vloz'Ress fortress since the attack which killed so many guardsmen occurred.

http://www.drowtales.com/drowforums/vie ... php?t=4341

Players: Context, Mat, Krystle_Dream
Maximillian Caine
Nether Spawn

Postby Maximillian Caine » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:00 am

ISSUE FIVE

Showing Respect.

Hygiene has never been higher at the Black Dragon Tavern which leads us to question what are they trying to hide? I mean, c'mon, this is a tavern. It's not supposed to be spotlessly clean (especially not when so many battles are hosted in it). Reliable sources revealed why:

A certain member from the lunatic fringe of the weak-ass Ilhar'Dro clan was seen meeting today with a Vloz'Ress. Everyone knows that if you cross a Vloz'Ress you're likely to end up face first in a scorpion pit, so it's clear the proprietor pulled out all the stops to avoid ending up in her own arena!

The only reason a swanky Ilhar'Dro wants to meet a Vloz'Ress in a dive like the Black Dragon is because there's a plan afoot! Keep an eye out on all Ilhar'Dro over the next few days. They're up to something!

http://www.drowtales.com/drowforums/vie ... c&start=75

Players: Gelorn (as Tavern NPCs), Rasen

New battles listed!

Ral'mous is slated to go up against a couple of wild Driders in an exhibition battle. While formal betting is frowned on, some informal bets on how long it will take Ral'mous to squash his opponents have already begun to circulate....

Players: Gelorn (as Tavern NPCs)

Fungi prices rise

Fungi is becoming more and more difficult to collect in the Mushroom Forest, and as a result, merchants are price gouging for all they're worth. Anyone coming back from the Mushroom Forest today is likely to make a real killing.

Players: Shas-o, Ravinous

What's up with the Beldrobbeans?

Recent reports indicate that the route out to the Beldrobbean fortress has become ever more dangerous as of late, with a number of travellers reporting attacks on their groups by huge, unknown beasts. So, why the hell aren't Beldrobbeans doing anything about it?

Reliable sources indicate that a secret Beldrobbean Drider breeding programme has gotten out of control, and crazed mutant Driders are tearing up the territory between Chel'el'ssussoloth and the Beldrobbean fortress. For your own safety, stay away from the Beldrobbean fortress!

http://www.drowtales.com/drowforums/vie ... 5&start=60

Players: Xian, Kite (as Meron), Starlitdragon, Onizuka, Max Caine, HavocHamster
Last edited by Maximillian Caine on Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maximillian Caine
Nether Spawn

Postby Krystle_dream » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:06 am

Hee hee...yeah, we have dragons and demons on our thread...
Where do you go when you're gone...
Krystle_dream
The Chibi Naga

Postby Fountain Dragon » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:35 am

Oooooh.... *Takes a seat, grabs the rumour mill and starts to read*
Fountain Dragon
Summoner

Postby Fountain Dragon » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:30 am

*Raises hand* The public wishes to know when the next rumour mill shall come out.

Any comments?
Fountain Dragon
Summoner

Postby Hecate » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:52 pm

*holds up wriggling imp-like thing* Maybe it hasn't been running cuz of gremlins in the works?
Hecate
Summoner

Postby Fountain Dragon » Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:00 pm

What gremlins?

Hmmmm, we will need 5000 typewriters and 10.000 kobolds to counteract those dang thing.

Bring in the yippers.
Fountain Dragon
Summoner

Postby Miburo » Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:03 pm

yeah we want an update !!
*teaches the gremlins to chant*
we want update !! we want update !! we want update !! we want update !! we want update !! we want update !! we want update !!
Miburo
Vel'akar

Postby Sarah » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:02 am

My god, I forgot about this thing.
Here's a rumor: Me thinks some people are going through hell on the Road to Raveran. :lol:
Sarah
Demon

Postby Val'eolus » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:11 am

By the way, even though my character hasn't been seen in a long time, he is still alive. He's just wandering the streets, trying to find a trinket that he feels is worthy to be worn by his lovely wife.
"You don't need a reason to help people" -Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy 9

"Problem? What problem?"
Val'eolus
Tainted

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Previous

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive