Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- The Drowussu School

Chel'el'sussoloth- The Drowussu School

Postby Gelorn » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:57 am

-Description-
The Drowussu Monastery within the Orthobbae cavern is where the youngest nobles of this race's generation are trained. It is physically connected to the main school of the Orthorbbae, but in every other way it is independent, just like the Faern towers. At the arrival of the new headmistress at the Orthorbbae, a teacher has been unofficially granted the rank of headmistress in this part of the school.

Upon entrance you see a massive hall with stairs leading to several levels. There are also corridors that lead to different parts to the school.

-Atmosphere-
As soon as you enter the building you sense a tense enviroment. An enviroment that you shouldnt really be making a racket otherwise you may annoy the wrong people.

You can hear classes starting as teachers start briefing students. You see several teachers walking off to unknown places aswell as slaves and staff cleaning and the such. Maybe if you are new here you could ask one of the staff to help you?

-Note-
It is ok to control minor NPC's such as slaves or students that you with to ask questions but more major NPC's like the headmistress will more likely be controled by a GM. Please notify the respected GM if you with to have a conversation with one of these magor NPC's.
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Wraith » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:18 pm

Wrath burst through the door into the stillness of the school, his eyes bulging from the strain of running across the city. Panting heavily, he rounded the corner at full speed, but as the room he was aiming for came into view he felt himself lose control, and slid wildy down the corridor. Falling on his butt, he slid along at break neck pace. However, his helter-skelter ride was brought to an end when he crashed heavily into the doorframe of the classroom.

He sat there, sore faced and ashamed in front of his classmates, and all he could mutter was "Sorry I'm late ma'am..." before scooting up and taking his seat on the front row by the aisle.
Wraith
Tainted

Location: On the chat forum, engaged in vebal theological warfare...or just warfare...

Postby Gelorn » Thu May 05, 2005 3:11 am

"Late again Wrath? You really do need to keep up with things and not go running off who knows where all the time. I really dont see howy ou could become a proper templar if you cant even come in on time to learn the basics. Now if you dont mind I will continue with the lesson." The female lecturer said from the front of the classroom before continuing on with what she was taling about before. There was a couple of sniggers in the classroom when Wraith was being yelled at but they seemed to stop as the teacher started talking and teaching again.

((Hope thats good enough for you))
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Wraith » Thu May 05, 2005 8:29 am

((Thanks very much))

Wrath stared shamefaced at the front wall, trying to get his head in order. He had been running around in Chel'el'Sussoloth that night and had found nothing of any worth. Feeling slightly dejected, he had taken his time getting home and arrived very late back. Realizing how tired he was, he stumbled back to his home and collapsed asleep. With no-one to waken him he had slept his fill but unfortunately that had meant he was an hour late for school.

Leaning close to him, a young female whispered, "Why are you so late today Wrath?"

"I overslept" he admitted shamedly. Her response was a pretty yet sarcastic giggle. Wrath had now gone bright red, and wanted to forget the whole thing.

"Oh boy, you're out of here in two years and you're still a goofball! How is anyone going to take a templar seriously if he won't get up for duty?" She hadn't meant this to sting him but it did. Wrath belived he had a diligent attitude but she was right, how could the clan trust someone not mature enough to get themselves anywhere without being tardy. This further question troubled him, especially since he would have to go out that night into the city for an errand.
Wraith
Tainted

Location: On the chat forum, engaged in vebal theological warfare...or just warfare...

Postby Wraith » Thu May 26, 2005 10:15 pm

It was not for long, however, that the young drowussu was troubled by what the girl had said. He was reminded of his capabilities as a nervous looking servant shuffled into the hall.

"Pardon, ma'am, but I have a note here for young master Wrath and I have been told it is urgent"

Scowling, the teacher indicated Wrath's seat, and the servant wandered over, and as he passed the note whispered in hushed tones,

"I'd obey at once sir, if I was you. The mistress wasn't too pleased when she gave this to me, and I think you'll miss the boat otherwise, if you catch my drift"

The servant shuffled off leaving Wrath slightly bemused. What had he meant? To answer the questions he unfurled the paper, and almost gasped aloud when he read the message therein.

Templar, your previous service to us has proved very useful, but as you near manhood we suspect we must impress further upon you the neccesity of your enterprise. In the none too distant future you maybe forced to leave us, and in preparation for this, we require you to do some close observation. Leave immediately for the Black Dragon Inn, and investigate anyone you perceive to be unusual. Should your assesment be fruitful, we may have a somewhat more adventurous task in store. Until then, be vigilant in the name of the Sharess.

Wrath was sure this came from one of the nobles, and was desperate to prove himself before them. He was still young but while still immature in many ways, he had grown enough to crave the respect of maturity. He prayed that he would deal with no tainted, he was too ambivalent still to try to even approach them. Standing and shouldering his sword, he bowed his head respectfully.

"Ma'am, I have been ordered into the city. I apologise again for my absence, but I really must leave.."

He felt the white hot glare of his tutor, but he perceived he defeated gesture, and gathering his cloak and raising his hood, he sped out of school, into the compound. Hurrying to the gate, he motioned the guards to open it, and as they did so he shot through and disappeared into the crowd.
Wraith
Tainted

Postby Rusvanus » Fri May 27, 2005 12:34 am

Rusvanus walked the halls of the school listening to the drone of classes, the lectures of the teachers. He had been in school for close to 20 years and in spite of this he smiled. He had learned much in those halls and considered himself quite competent in his profession. he walked to an area of some isolation and sat down taking out a large leatherbound book and began to read. This book was with him always, his journal where he posted his theories on magic, mana, and anything of interest he felt he needed to write down. taking out a quill and a vial he started to write in the book.

He wrote:

The process of gathering mana to cast spell to this day still intrigues me. if we can gather mana from ourselves and our environment i wonder if we can combine the mana of two different beings. Drowalath and Demons for example. Zer'farafin and I were on a breakthrough i know it. If only he hadnt disapeared. Damn him, he had to have known something he didnt tell me.

No matter. Recently ive been trying my experiments on other subjects, the lesser races, unfortunatly no breakthroughs yet. There has to be a way to combine the mana of two seperate beings into one. I do not know what the outcome will be, but it would be a breakthrough indeed.

Rusvanus leaned back rubbing his eyes and contemplating.
Rusvanus
Nether Seed

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Fri May 27, 2005 12:38 am

(Sorry sir, still wrong forum. Your a Drowolath and this is a Drowussy school. Different clan too.)
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Rusvanus » Sat May 28, 2005 6:08 am

you know i will get this right eventually.... *sweatdrop* ))
Rusvanus
Nether Seed

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Sat May 28, 2005 12:05 pm

(Black Dragon Inn is a good place to start)
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive