Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Black Dragon Tavern

Re: Chel'el'sussoloth- Black Dragon Tavern

Postby django » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:11 pm

"Well suit yourself. As for joining this little feasco." She looked over to Di'onte with a frown and then turned back her drink. "I don't know, I guess it'll be up to the group when they get here if we take the job offer."

It was then she noticed Ash'vari's hand on her arm. Damn he has a really light touch, she barely noticed him with her armor on. "Just what exactly can you do Val Ash'vari? other then screwing well?" Mae wasn't challenging him to a fight but she wanted to know exactly what he was talking about in her usual gruff manner.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Zenzetra » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:47 pm

Uuera'unkara (You-eh-ra oon-ka-ra)) was not quite elated to be home. She had just finished one of the longest raids on the deep caverns she had ever taken part in; Six-and-one-half grueling weeks of mapping and searching the still often mysterious depths of the maze-like caves that extended far past any Drow civilizations.

Once her troupe returned to Chel'el'sussoloth, Uuera's captain told her to, "take some time off and get rested". Those words were like poisonous knives in her ears; her strong will to see as much of the outer world as she was able would be impossible to overcome. Uuera remembered asking the captain to be sent back out but she turned the Sarghress away with an unusually informal gesture.

"You'll overwork yourself if you keep at it. You never spend more than two days home at a time before you're asking for more, just take a few cycles off and if you enjoy it then take a few more." The remnant echo of 'A few cycles off' rang loudly in her head even now. Thankfully for Uuera's sanity this was overheard by Mae Sarghress, an ally and friend with which Uuera had shared a few good raids with.

Mae told Uuera if she wanted something to do with her time off there was a wonderful rumor floating around the Black Dragon Inn of freelance work...

~`~`~`~`~

Uuera'unkara Nori'fu Sarghress threw the front door of the tavern open with a half-hearted push from her gauntlet-clad hand. There stood Six-feet and three-inches of fully-armoured Sarghress raider; crescent axe strung to her back, complete with golden-hued wolf's-head helmet. She removed the helmet and scanned the room carefully and with a stern look. Her red hair was pulled back into a long braided pony-tail and blue armour caught the dim lights scattered across the tavern floor, as did her deep-purple eyes and a purple gem adorning her forehead.

Uuera's eyes finally fell upon Mae and her stern expression shifted into a hearty, familiar grin. "Mae," she called out to the bar where her friend sat with some company. She approached the three of them without hesitating, "Somehow it feels strange seeing you in Chel," Uuera's voice was soft and deep. She came to a stop right before Mae and offered her a second smile.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby blackshade10 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:27 pm

The Val appeared to be about to answer Mae's question just as the other Sarghress walked up, stopping him before he did. He turned to face the new arrival, appraising her with an eye. Ash'vari was a very obviously Val'Sullisin'rune, with his manner of dress and tattoo's, but his skin was incredibly jarring- a half-breed Val? How unusual.

The Val was a very well dressed gray-skinned drow. His hair was in a large braid, with a rich blue and shining gold roots. His eyes had the tattoo's of Ash'waren upon them, as well as a very interesting jagged tattoo upon his stomach- perfectly on display from his garb. He wore a pair of dark blue pants and strong silk shoes. A large silk belt wrapped around his waist, cerulean in color. His top was a good looking dark blue silk, with sleeves that ended in gloves, but cut off to leave his stomach exposed. A hooded dark blue cloak rested upon his shoulders.

((Description reposted for new arrival! =) ))
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Zenzetra » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:48 am

Uuera'unkara could feel Ash'vari's gaze upon her. She turned her attention to the Val and for a moment her pupils contracted until her eyes were merely pools of dark lavender. Focusing on the Val brought out his aura which was very bright and shimmering at times; once her pupils dilated again Uuera exchanged a friendly smile with the Val.

Uuera thought to herself, "Such a very rare sight.. I suppose anything can truly be found in Chel'el'sussoloth."
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby django » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:28 pm

"Well well well look what the Sharens dragged." Mae turned around in seat. "Uouie, pull up a seat."

It was nice to see a familiar face from her clan. "You make it sound like I've been in the raiders half my life." truth be told she only recently joined the highland raiders a few years. "I did spent most of my life severing the purple nurples. Is anyone else coming that your aware of."
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Zenzetra » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Uuera chuckled warmly at Mae's nickname for her. The azure-clad wolf grabbed the stool next to Di'onte and gave him a nod. She placed it at the apex of the other three so she could see them all clearly. Uuera loosened the joint-casings on her armour and took in a deep, relaxing breath of air.

"You make it sound like I've been in the raiders half my life," Mae went on, "I did spent most of my life severing the purple nurples. Is anyone else coming that your aware of."

"Perhaps you have not spent a great deal of time with us, but I have spent most of my life there. I guess it's just strange to see any raider outside of my duties. I'm not sure who will be arriving, I haven't even been back to Sarghress Fortress yet". Uuera paused and for a moment she wore a sombre expression, but she quickly snapped herself out of her thoughts, "My captain is making me take some time off.. A lot of the other Drow tell me I should try Having a child".

Then she laughed heartily and placed her helmet in her lap to lean on it and pull her braided hair around her shoulder. "So what is this freelance work you were talking about a few hours ago?"
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby Improbable odds » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:03 pm

Sometimes a mysterious force called 'fate'' intervened in some situations and affairs and served to bring people together to finish an important task. Sometimes fate also threw you the worst curve ball you never expected, often in the form of the one person who probably -shouldn't- be at any given situation. Today was a case of that very same fate in the form of what many might call "Right place, Right time, Wrong person"

The door to the Black Dragon swung open with no small amount of force as if someone had almost kicked it open in an attempt to make some sort of dynamic entry. Well she hadn't exactly kicked it open but she had given it quite a strong push to let everyone know just who had made an appearance. Veteran patrons and the bartender would know her right off the bat, she was one of the hardest drinking women that ever frequented the establishment and she had a tab that would make most wonder if she even had any plans to pay it off at all. The two highland raiders might not have recognized her after all the regular infantry didn't exactly mingle with them on a terrible many occasions; however perhaps they had heard word of the woman people both jokingly prodded at for always being asleep on the job. Taking a few unsteady steps forward Lei'lana Sarghress advanced out of the doorway and into the bar casually raising a hand to get the bartender's attention.

"H-hey! Get me my usual!" she called out as she stumbled a bit, clearly already a bit intoxicated as she caught herself from falling on the edge of a table.

"Like Hel I will! You come back with the cash to pay your tab off and then you can order all you want, until then though I ain't serving you SHIT!" he barked back before resuming his duties as man on duty behind the bar. She frowned as she pushed herself back upright, brushing a strand of hair out of her face. It was then though that she saw someone, no wait, two someones! Even she wasn't so out of the loop not to recognize her own kin! It was right about now that the gears in her mind got to turning, and a rather devilish smile crossed her lips for the briefest moment before she approached them.

"I though I recognized a couple of familiar faces!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms out as if in shock and surprise. Without even a moment to spare(or an invitation either) she pulled up a chair and took a seat with the group, not an arms reach away from Uuera. "And here I thought I wouldn't see anyone I knew! Welcome home!" she only hoped that she got that last little detail right, after all she still wasn't very certain if her intuition on whether or not Uuera and Mae were with the Highland raiders or not. It showed on just how little attention she payed to most subjects not directly involving herself.It probably didn't help that Lei'lana smelled heavily of booze and that her armor was very poorly fitted on her person, many straps were tied incorrectly and many weren't even fastened at all. She was the postergirl for sloppy solider-ship, but she hoped clan ties would overcome all of that!
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby Zenzetra » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:27 pm

The door was thrown open and a boisterous woman called out across the room, "H-hey! Get me my usual!" Uuera turned her head and closed one eye to see her better. The purple-hued gem on her head caught a bead of light as she was glancing and Lei'lana turned to meet her gaze.

"I though I recognized a couple of familiar faces!" The woman practically glided across the floor to sit down beside Uuera. "...And here I thought I wouldn't see anyone I knew! Welcome home!"

Uuera'unkara was a little confused but also felt as if Lei'lana's intentions were innocent enough. She spoke slowly, "Th-thanks. Have we... met?"
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby Kithrune » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:57 pm

((Di'onte's description can be found on page one))
"Bartender, I'll have a Blue Illo. Shaken, not stirred."

Di'onte Illhar'dro had only taken a few sips of his drinks when he noticed a drow pull up a chair next to him and start talking with Mae. Another highland raider, more than likely. Those eyes though...

"Heliotrope, my favorite color." Di'onte turned towards Uuera'unkara and smiled. "I haven't seen anything that matches your eye since i have been on the surface...sorry, I'm rambling. The name's Di'onte are you a ..."

His last sentence was interupted by a drunk in sloppy armor. He recognised the armor as shargress but there was no way she would get into the raiders. Turning to Lei'lana, Di'onte stopped to concentrate for a second before speaking in a tone slightly different from his normally speaking voice that seemed to make the drow in the area more alert and focused than normal (Mae, Uuera, and maybe Ash'vari would recognize this as subtle spellsong).

"Mabey you should have some spring water friend. On me.
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:36 am

Ash'vari's ears twitched a bit as he heard the spellsong. Not paying it too much mind, he turned to the little group that had develop at the bar.

"Perhaps we should get a table, if we are to converse. Talking down the bar might prove somewhat distracting."
He smiled politely at the Sarghress and Illhardro, the attractive half-breed, standing from his place at the bar and gesturing toward a free table not far from them.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Zenzetra » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:31 pm

Ash'vari suggested a change of location and Uuera obliged silently standing up and taking the closest seat, "Quite a good idea, let us not strain our backs". She then loosened the rest of the straps on her armour and removed her gauntlets setting them with her helmet at her feet. Finally she pulled the strap on her axe and set it, head-down against the edge of the table.

A passing bar-girl took Uuera'unkara's order while she waited for everyone to join her, "Stout, if you will. Thank you". The bar girl then rushed off, presumably to get the drink.
Last edited by Zenzetra on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby django » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:50 pm

Mae couldn't help but frown deeply at this boozed up raider. She could understand getting drunk and having a good time but if she was going to ware her armor she better ware it properly.

"I'll join you guys in a second." Mae said as she walked over to the new raider. "Whats wrong with you? Its one thing having a good time and get tanked. Its another to look like a slob."

Mae could help but looked up and down at everything wrong with this raiders armor. "You and me are going to get this all fixed up before an officer come in and gives you shit. The question is how do you want to do this?" she said as she clenched her hands.

(Anyone know if Alric is joining us?)
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby blackshade10 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:29 pm

Ash'vari moved to the table, taking a seat and getting comfortable as the rest of the group sorted out whatever affair that they needed to handle. Glancing at the first person who'd taken a seat, he gave her a friendly smile.

"Greetings young Sarghress. Might you do me the honor of your name?" He asked politely, smiling. He'd seated himself not far from her, the seat next to her, with some space between them.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Postby Zenzetra » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:49 am

"I am Uuera'unkara Nori'fu Sarghress. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," She answered as the bar girl set down a sizable mug of very dark stout. She lifted the mug and drained a little over a third of it in two gulps. Uuera Huffed a contented sigh and thought, "Life isn't so bad, at least I have some decent drink and company".
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby blackshade10 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:39 pm

"The pleasure is mine. I am Ash'vari Ist'aven Val'Sullisin'rune." Ash'vari said, giving a bow in his seat toward her, taking a sip from his wine once he'd straightened up. "So then, what brings you here? Just come to enjoy the drink, or perhaps enticed with the young Illhardro's job offer?"
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive