Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

Chel'el'sussoloth- Black Dragon Tavern

Re: Chel'el'sussoloth- Black Dragon Tavern

Postby Zenzetra » Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:50 pm

"I must admit, I am only here because of the job, mostly. I don't mind the drink, but I can't be content with settling in Chel... I am the type that has to keep moving forward or we turn to stone," Uuera laughed at this, "Can you imagine a stone wolf? It is not pleasant imagery in my mind".

The azure wolf then had a short flash of earlier with a thought; "Heliotrope...". She felt a little bad about being interrupted in conversing with her potential employer. She let that feeling go with a sigh and a sip from her drink resolving to attain this job, "... and keep from.. turning to stone".
Zenzetra
Tainted

Clan: Beldrobbaen

Postby Improbable odds » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:20 am

Lei'lana had almost managed to shoot off a response to Uuera when suddenly her head began to hurt, coinciding very suspiciously to that offer for water. Maybe it was just the drink working on her head but she could have sworn there was something fishy going on here.

"W-water? Yeah, I'll take you up on that. Hopefully it'll help with this headache." she rubbed the side of her head as her long strands of hair slid easily through her slender digits. Either she needed to quit drinking or someone was playing mind games with her, however it was more than likely true in both regards. Still she gave her head a vigorous shake and very nearly managed to go rejoin Uuera and her companion before once more being stopped. This time however it was a type of encounter she hated even more; an encounter with a rule following hard nose who was going to chew her out for some minor and otherwise frivolous details. She knew her attire probably wasn't very well straight and tidy, but she passed for being acceptable at a distance and it wasn't like she was on duty or anything! She turned her head so that her gaze fell on Mae, blinking several times before finally finding the words to speak.

"What's your problem then? I'm not even a raider! I'm just part of the regular infantry, and besides nobody ever cares if my armor is less than perfect. I'm no slob either, eh? I think you're just a little too uptight!" she stumbled forward and gave Mae a hard poke right in the center of her chest with one finger, giggling as she did so. "If anything you're the one who needs to lighten up!"
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby django » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Mae looked at this Sarghress finger as it poked her in the chest. "..."

She pulled out some copper pieces to rent a room for few minutes. "I need a room for a few moments." she said to the barkeep. Her glare then returned to the drunks face, "Do you think that it matters if you a raider or Heavy Infantry."

She ducked down and took the drunk by the legs, hauled her over her shoulder and started to move towards the no-tell-motel rooms. "If its one thing I cant stand is a poorly dressed Sarghress. So we are going to make a proper Sarghress out of YOU!"
django
Dragon of the Nether

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby blackshade10 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:29 am

"The restlessness of your young years is very common. I myself took to traveling around even today, though having some years to raise a child is not something that you should avoid for too long either. Nonetheless, this job that the Illhardro speaks of has interested me, and I might assist if so many of my clan allies are embarking on it, at least as a show of good faith." The Lord Val spoke with a very wise and sophisticated air, occasionally reaching and making light contact with her in a manner that was not uncomfortable, or invasive, which was an incredibly unusual skill to have.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Zenzetra » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:01 am

Out of the corner of her eye Uuera caught Mae carrying the drunken Sarghress off into the crowd. The pale Val went on, "The restlessness of your young years is very common. I myself took to traveling around even today, though having some years to raise a child is not something that you should avoid for too long either. Nonetheless, this job that the Illhardro speaks of has interested me, and I might assist if so many of my clan allies are embarking on it, at least as a show of good faith."

Ash'vari touched Uuera'unkara's arm as he spoke of his resolve toward their clan's alliance. She smiled reflexively not quite catching the notion behind his words, but she felt comfortable with his presence and paid his preference for contact no mind. "I have thought heavily on the matter of children. I know there will be a time and a place, for the moment I've still put the issue on hold. As for good faith," the girl lifted her mug of stout, "It's great luck that so many of our trusted allies are working with us."

Uuera drained the rest of the mug and called for an other from the same waitress she stopped before while adding, "If you please".
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby Improbable odds » Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:27 am

Faster than she could pull away and make a break for it Lei'lana found herself scooped up and swept off of her feet as if she was a very large metal coated sack of potatoes. Almost immediately she began hitting her captor on the back rather feebly on the back with her balled up fists, kicking her legs about as wildly as she could to try and slip away. It didn't really help her all that much, except perhaps to draw attention to the pair as they ambled out of sight.

"Help! Help!" she cried as her hair bounced out to cover her face. "I'm being oppressed!" those were the final intelligible words that managed to escape from her mouth before she was muffled by being carried out of earshot. Here she was thinking the first time someone picked her up off her feet would be romantic. Some dream that was.
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby django » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:16 pm

"Yah yah, write me up for it later." Mae said as she made her way over to the rooms. She didn't have too much trouble holding the spaz in place but damn shes heavy. The Bartender unsure what to do sent a waiter with them, so he can open the door.

Walking into the bare room. "Lock the door until my time is up or you hear me say open it." She said to the waiter before kicked the door closed. "Alright. I have had enough of this shit!" she hualed Lei'lana off her shoulder onto the bed. "If you can show me you can put your armor on properly, I'll buy you drink." She then unbuckled her belt with her mace and trench knife and placed it on a nearby table. "Or you can take the rough route." Mae said as she raised her fists.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Rayoson » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:54 am

Merrill walked in to the tavern, catching from the corner of her eyes the sight of a raider dragging another raider away. Ignoring it as nothing, she weaved her way over to the bar and quickly taking a seat. Sipping from her mug, she turned around and looked at the people in the tavern at the moment. A few seats down she saw just who she was looking for. Getting up and walking down the bar, she tapped who she hoped was this Di'Onte Illhar'dro on the shoulder. She had already gotten a description from another Illhar'dro she had worked with before.

Merrill's face was laced with scars, a few small wrinkles, and her right ear was torn ragged. Wearing her brown plate and leather cloak concealing her pack and axe-hammer at her side. Brushing away with her free hand the few strands of her black hair that had fallen over her brown eyes.
Rayoson
Nether Spawn

Postby Kithrune » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:32 pm

Di'onte turned to find a seemingly middle aged drow behind him.

She didn't look like much but something about her said 'my real business is done.'

"Hello, and who might you be Ms..."

---------------------------------------------------------------
Three drow and a dwarf in plan clothes walked towards the no-tell-motel rooms, stopping outside a door with a large commotion, the drow produced short swords and the dwarf drew a lump of odd, black putty from his shirt and and placed pieces of it on the door hinges and stepped back.

A few seconds later there was a loud pop and the door fell off it's hinges, as the dwarf and three drow walked into the room, weapons pointed at Mae and Lei'lana.

"we got that bastard's friend and her mate. Too bad we couldn't have waited, I like a little entertainment from my captives."
Kithrune
Tainted

Clan: Illhar'dro

Postby Zenzetra » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:46 pm

The waitress brought Uuera'unkara her next mug of dark stout. Uuera looked deep into it's nearly black, frothy emptiness and took a very gracious sip from it. Then a loud explosive sound shook the room and some of the stout did not reach it's intended destination, instead falling upon Uuera's grieves and boots.

"We got that bastard's friend and her mate," A voice rose over the commotion, "Too bad we couldn't have waited," The azure wolf stood up with her mug and inhaled deeply, "I like a little entertainment from my captives." Her pupils vanished once again into pools of deep lavender as she scanned in the direction of the pop. There she saw four unfamiliar figures and two others... "Oh.. Mae," She gave one last thought before pulling the straps on her armour to tighten the joint casings.

"My apologies my fair Val, I have to attend to this." Uuera took her Crescent Axe, strap in hand, and slung it across her back as she approached the intruders. The Jewel on her forehead seemed to grow dark as her intentions began to form on her way across the room.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby django » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:36 pm

"Hurry it up I ain't got all-" Mae stopped mid sentence as the door behind her fell off its hinges and fell to the floor. Three drows and a dwarf walked into the room brandishing swords.

Mae grabbed her mace and trench knife on the table beside her. "You've don fucked up now." She snarled like a cornered wolf and charged head long into the group. She swung with her mace, punched with her trench knife and stomped on feet.
django
Dragon of the Nether

Postby Zenzetra » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:52 pm

Uuera threw her mug full of stout into the doorway hoping to peg one of the offending Drow in the back of the head. there wasn't enough room to swing her axe so she kept it strung while she closed distance.

The azure wolf reached the door and blocked Mae and Lei'lana's attackers in the room with them. She threw a gauntlet-clad fist at the nearest enemy.
Zenzetra
Tainted

Postby Rayoson » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:32 am

Moments before the explosion, Merrill wrote out a message at head level towards Di'Onte.

"Pardon me, but are you Di'Onte Illhar'Dro? You match the description given to me by a member of the clan".

Merrill's face looked sincere and her expression was that of optimism. Then with the explosion, she turned toward the source. Quickly hefting her weapon in her right, and holding her left outstretched. "Who in the Hel would try to fight here?!" She thought. She moved towards the room, keeping safely behind the raider blocking the door.
Last edited by Rayoson on Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rayoson
Nether Spawn

Postby Improbable odds » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:16 am

Meanwhile, in the opposite corner of the room...

A half naked Lei'lana finally snapped out of the daze she had been sent into when the door very suddenly and very loudly blew right off the hinges. She hadn't even had time to put her breastplate back on, in fact she had just barely started to work on putting her chain-mail over her arms before everything had gone to hell and high water. She had a sort of half shocked half still drunk look on her face, but at least she had managed to properly fit her greaves on before everything had gone down. In her mind she was trying to remember what exactly had happened to wind her up here, but everything seemed so fuzzy.

"Ahhhhhhhhh! This is why I shouldn't drink so much!" she her held her head with one hand and looked down, only then realizing that her entire upper body was for the most part bare, and that it was only through sheer stupid luck that in the commotion caused when the trio entered the room that her hair had fallen in such a way as to block any showing of anything unmentionable. How oddly fortunate. Still she wasn't about to just stand there and let herself and the others be attacked, after all even a drunk would fight when the need arose. Stooping down quickly Lei'lana gripped her blade by the hilt and gave it a tug sending it free of its scabbard and up into her hand. It wasn't as impressive as an axe or a spear, in fact the blade looked like something more fit for ceremony than fighting, but it was a blade nonetheless and she was still at least somewhat capable of defending herself with it. Mustering her courage Lei'lana surged forth though this valiant charge was stopped short when she nearly tripped over her own belongings scattered about the floor. Still she regained her composure and with a sloppy lunge threw herself into the fray, aiming to at least occupy the third attacker.

This was of course, once again, all while half naked and drunk. At least she would have one great bar story when it was all over assuming she was still alive.
Improbable odds
Tainted

Postby blackshade10 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:47 am

Ash'vari was, for a moment, in his seat. Calmly observing the events unfold with that casual air, sipping from his wine. He placed the wine glass on the table.

Then he was gone. The wine glass rocked a bit on the table.

And Ash'vari soared past Uuera with an unnatural speed, a breeze of air going through the room as the half-breed was quite suddenly behind the attackers, leaning against a wall in that same casual stance.

"That's not very nice. Maybe you should all just go home?" He said in a rather taunting tone, before waving his hand casually and launching a torrent of wind at directly the center of the group of drow and dwarf, intent on scattering them and throwing them off their feet.
blackshade10
Dark Chibi Demon

Location: Ashie Cleavage, plotting war against those of the Zala cleavage.
Clan: Sullisin'rune

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive