Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

(Newbies testing ground) School

Postby Izz'la'mar » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:33 pm

"I'd ask someone to join you if you want to create a pairing, it works out well and joint writing can be fun" Says the templar remembering his own experience of this. "I think multiple templars to wardens is more the case of templars being assigned or volunteering to join a warden rather than a permanent thing. Its like Tir'ade with Chiri when they went out to thwart Vy's open gate, Tir'ade was an attachment like in troop units."
Izz'la'mar
Vel'akar

Location: Prolly off being amused at some suffering my rp character is undergoing... >.> what?

Postby Navvy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:15 pm

A shy drow who had not said anything for a quite a while suddenly voiced a new question. "Um...I was reading in the world setting pages about Vloz'ress troops and it mentions adepts in the Scourge and Nether Summoner pages, but, well, it never really gives a full description of adepts." She paused a moment to collect her thoughts and continued. "So, would adepts just be something, umm, like low-level or low-ranking magic users? Or users in training?"

A little sheepish she added, "Just for future reference," while reminding herself not to create a new character before finishing the profile for her first one.
Navvy
Tainted

Postby Crazy_Alchemist » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:22 pm

Scourge are the adepts the page is refering to I think.
Crazy_Alchemist
Summoner

Clan: Nal'sarkoth

Postby Izz'la'mar » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:25 pm

"Those scum..." Sneered a templar "I think its a case of that yes, the adepts are probably the Scrouge with more magical knowledge."
Izz'la'mar
Vel'akar

Location: Prolly off being amused at some suffering my rp character is undergoing... >.> what?

Postby Navvy » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:30 pm

The shy drow nodded to the two who replied. "Okay then...that makes sense. It would probably make an interesting character too...though I really should finish my Vel'Sharen character before doing anything else."

Then, showing a new emotion for a change, she turned to the sneering templar and proclaimed, "Oh, don't be so quick to judge them! They must have had horrible torturous lives, and have no choice but to cause chaos, death, and destruction!" She sighed sadly and dreamed of characters, having already been much more dramatic than was necessary.
Navvy
Tainted

Postby Izz'la'mar » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:31 pm

"Finally!" The templar's sneered seemed to turn to a more exhaltant expression. "Someone who can understand why those poor souls need freeing! Not many seem to get it oddly enough."
Izz'la'mar
Vel'akar

Postby Si'athothi » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:26 am

Damnit... just as I finished my char, someone else posts a character almost just like him... I hate it when that happens.... :evil:

Anyhoo, I'm posting him here to see what you guys think first. I don't want to drive Xain mad again... ^-^

Name: Seth'iur Oth'onemi Val'Kyorl'Solenurn

Race: Drowussu

Equipment: full plate silver armor with black trim, an obsidian gem set into the chest with the symbol of the holy eye engraved in it; black cloak with silver trim and a silver holy eye symbol in the back, includes a hood; great sword "Kat'yl", black 6' blade with silver edges and etchings that say 'Death to the Heretic', silver hilt formed as dragon wings, black leather wrapped 1.5' handle and silver pommel with an obsidian gem with the holy eye engraved in it; Silver helmet with full face visor with the holy eye engraved into it (no vision slits); The amulet of warden Kial’nisse, a silver arrow with the holy eye inlaid with small gems in its center; 2 supply belts containing:
A first aid kit, 3 day's trail rations, 10 sealing gems, water skin, and a small armor/weapon repair kit

Magic: Sealing magic

Beginning city: Chel’el’sussoloth

Background: Seth’iur was the son of the templar Ben’non and a warden Riss’leneth, so it was inevitable that he be sent at a young age to study to be a templar. He has very few memories of his mother and father, only that they were an inseparable team known for the deaths of many demons and heretics. Unfortunately they were not undefeatable, and were slain in the line of duty, having fallen into a Vloz’ress trap. All that was left behind was his father’s sword, “Kat’ylâ€
Si'athothi
Cookie Bishi

Clan: Sullisin'rune

Postby Ssin'urn » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:44 am

I like it. Do you realize you have zero Ada, though?

Aside from that, it is good in my opinion. I am no expert in earning giant stamps, but my quess would be the only thing keeping you from getting one is the same as with that recently submitted Warden. You detail the beginning, and then jump to almost the end. At least, that is what it seems, as you lack the Age field :wink:
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Location: In my bombshelter, playing cards with the ghosts of diseased madmen.

Postby kembaru » Fri Mar 17, 2006 1:49 am

"It does look like the Drowussu are having a sudden burst of populatirty, doesn't it, though I do think that the templar/warden thing is starting to get a little overdone, still it's your choice."

"The actual submission is fine, I can't see any glaring mistakes, apart from what Ssin'urn has mentioned, fix those and I rank it passable, take it up to Xian and you can try and hunt down my summoner in Chel'el'sussoloth."

The red haired student points the chibi to the door, and tapes up the frayed power cable to the coffee machine.
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Navvy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:41 am

The shy drow again nodded to the templar. "Oh yes, I completely understand. They're so misunderstood," she cooed, becoming much more animated. "I would love to make an adept character...oh, but I have to finish this one first."

She looked a little embarrassed now and explained, "it's so long...the background is almost four pages and I'm not even halfway through her life yet. I don't suppose there's such a thing as too much detail in the FFRPG?"
Navvy
Tainted

Postby Ssin'urn » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:53 am

The featureless shadow snickered in a girlish manner.

"Well, I suppose as long as the detail is not about something completely pointless or how you have been the favourite of Quain'tana or a close companion of Waes or stuff, Xian will love you more, the more detail you get him over. Except he has a bad day. Then he will love you if you deliver him something really bad, so he can rant on about how stupid it is. Anyway, my background is 8 pages and I did not get refused because of to much detail, so I quess it is hard to get something done that Xian will refuse because of to much detail. Actually, as long as there's no mistake in it, I doubt it's even possible."

"On another note...I agree. Tainted ones are sometimes misunderstood. But not every one. Nether Summoners simply ARE evil and bad and stuff. For example. Whatever. Geez, damn chibis!"

The shadow cocks it's head to one side, and hits the side facing towards the ceiling a few times, which results in some chibis falling out of a spot where the ear should be. The shadow mumbles something as the chibis scamper off.

"What was it that I wanted to say? Ah, yes...beware, there are quite a lot of Kyorl's on their way lately. They would probably take great pleasure in hunting your character, should you really decide to create one."

Turning it's attention back to a stack of papers again, the shadow continues scratching things out and adding new ones.
Ssin'urn
Kilt-wearing Catboy

Location: In my bombshelter, playing cards with the ghosts of diseased madmen.

Postby Si'athothi » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:03 am

"Gee, now... who woul ever think of hunting down such a cute... *ahem* nethersummoner *ahem*."

"SMIIIITE!!!!"

Edit: (because I don't do double posts) ^-^

Where can I find info on the Greenies, Jaal'Darya? I'm thinking that might be a fun clan to try...

Or maby I'll go for a Illhar'Dro spellsinger. Or try out Mirax in the RPG. Or a more different Beldrobbaen. Or a Valley'gurl sorceress... ok, I was joking on that last one. ^-^
Last edited by Si'athothi on Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Si'athothi
Cookie Bishi

Postby kembaru » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:06 am

The red haired student stands up and cleanly smashes Si'athothi over the head with a nearby chair, then hands him a detention slip.

"Please keep the spam in this thread down to a minimum of nothing, if you have a question or statement relevant to debate, post it, if not, be quiet, detention starts after school."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

Postby Si'athothi » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:12 am

The Blonde chibi rubbs his head as he reaches out and takes the detention slip.

"Crap. I was editing it when you typed that. Sorry Kem. I also wanted to know, if the only time the Kyrol Holy Lances are seen outside the fortresses during a time of war, then do we need to start a war to play one? It'd suck making a character that can only play within the home fortress."
Si'athothi
Cookie Bishi

Postby kembaru » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:18 am

"hmm... good point... you can find information on the green clan in one of the threads in the world settings forum, I think, other than that try doing a forum search on the Nal'sar'koth, and the holy lances aren't restricted to the fortress, I'm assuming that they would only be seen in full battle armor mounted and on patrol during war time, you could still be one and go around, but it may be a good idea to be whatever else you're thinking of being..."
kembaru
Walking Contradiction

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive