Archive of the pre-timeskip roleplays. If you wish to continue a pre-timeskip roleplay, you'll have to do so in the DT Freestyle subforum! PM Thalar to have a thread moved from this subforum to the Freestyle subforum.

(Newbies testing ground) School

Postby Hecate » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:49 pm

The shrugs as she wipes the blood of the student next to her off her face and slouches back into her seat cleaning her knives. "What about eye colouring.' Making it sound more like a demand then a question.
Hecate
Summoner

Postby Kite » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:52 pm

This brings up an idea. :)

I am going to start a new thread for "New Thread registration", and prospective thread starters can refer their thread ideas to the respective city GMs (Gelorn/Kite of Chel'el'Sussoloth, HavocHamster of Drider city, Mat of Raveran).

I apologize if this sounds like another loop to jump. :?

After I make this thread, I'll start the Black Dragon Tavern-- This is a known place where slave characters can be bought.

And, ah... Are there any other requests before I leave for the evening? Please be gentle.
Kite
Mary Garren

Clan: Kyorl'solenurn

Postby Xian » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:52 pm

"Hey!" the crotchety old man shouts, spittle flying from his mouth as he yells. "Now you listen here, missy, there are a few things you'll need to remember about this world, and this classroom in particular!" The old man stops and puzzles over something for a moment. "How'd you get those knives in here, anyways? Ah, oh well. Anyways!"

"This particular FFRPG isn't about killing, and if you think it is, you'd best take your business elsewhere! Go play your 'Dee-and-dee,' if you want to cut things apart. If you're here at all, you're here to roleplay, and I don't mean roleplaying a psychotic killer, got it? R-P-G, you know, Role-Playing Game."
Xian
Demon

Postby Gelorn » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:22 pm

Gelorn can be seen standing in the corner of the classroom eyeing everyone that enters. He looks like an old teenager that has been weathered in both combat and the knowhow of the city he resides in.
Gelorn
Vel'akar

Postby Naur » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:33 am

Ok xian continuing from the registration thread.....

1.) you say that because it says those are the positions nobles can choose from it stands to reason a slave cannot be used for one. Erroneous to say the least. Sure a slave could not be a "recognized" assassin with standing, but an unrecognized killer sent to do his/her master's dirty work as a very disposable element. Think about it, a slave with physical abilities ideal to such tasks, a free source unlike a mercenary, and if caught someone you can severe ties with on the premise she was being insolant unlike a merc who may have a writ on them or a clan assassin who's loyalties are obvious. It is completely possible and sensible for a noble to use a slave of ampel strength and potential to pick off at least lesser targets.

2.) which thread are the cities listed again? And then after that, what do I do? Rewrite the character sheet with that city and a better bio and description on it and start a thread selling myself or post on an existing thread if there is one for that city to sell myself?

3.) things must have really changed on here then because my initial description last time was even less detailed.
Naur
cute 'lil chibi

Clan: Vloz'ress

Postby Ravinous » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:35 am

((Drat, Naur you beat me too it >.>))

"Excuse me, scholar Xian," Gion said. "Since I don't want to flood the registration area, I would like to point out an error in your content. This does deal with Naur, and please don't come down on me on this."

"'There are various other proffessions a drow of noble drow can choose.' is the complete context. This does not mean all Sorceresses are drow (light elves for instance) and Assasins are not all noble drow either. This is merely showing things Noble Drow can be. Some are unique, Templars for instance, but many races can be worriers (not offically a Sarghtlin, but worrier none the less).

"Now that I point that out, I'm sorry if I question a scholar, but seeing Naur is both a long time member, and mod, I would think he would know the world base equal or much better than you."

Bows politely. "I'm sorry for being abrupt, but I'm just pointing out a point Naur is may be trying to make."
Ravinous
Demon

Location: In the wonderful state of Nirvana... quite literally. >.>

Postby Xian » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:40 am

At this, the old man seems about to say something when the door bursts open and a young human, approximately 6'1 and 172 pounds, wearing fairly modern clothing including a t-shirt and khaki pants, enters. "Yes, right, he's just some crazy old man. I'm Xian, and I'll field this question."

"See, what that quote actually means is that noble drow can be anything they want. It doesn't mean that anything can be those professions. Now, sorcery is fairly generic; some commoners are born with sorcery, and that's fine. Unfortunately, that's also a bad example. Let's take a Yathrine for example. Commoners can't do that, one has to be noble to take up that mantle. It's the same way with assassins."

"If the quote had said 'These professions are also open to drow of a non-noble status,' then you would be absolutely correct. This quote is just emphasizing the fact that noble drow can do pretty much whatever they feel like, because they're nobles. Commoners are more restricted, and a slave would certainly never be permitted to learn the professions unique to the upper classes."
Xian
Demon

Postby Naur » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:41 am

please don't say I may know equal or more about world settings rav I don't want to be viewed at a higher lvl then I really am. Basically I only ever view kern as the inerrant source on world settings, all the rest of us can easily be very wrong about many things.
Naur
cute 'lil chibi

Postby Xian » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:49 am

"Okay, okay," Xian says, shaking his head and waving his hands for a temporary cease-fire. "Naur asked first, and I completely missed that, so let me address that. Maybe a slave can be trained as an assassin, but the point is that the position simply isn't trusted to them. Slaves are treated as manual labourers, cooks, or, in your case, a pleasure-slave. It's rare indeed that masters give their slaves weapons, because they're considered to be simply inferior and useless. Such is the life of a slave. Limited freedom to do and be what you want."

"Second, the cities are listed in separate threads, you can check out Kite's Chel'el'sussoloth thread, Mat's Val'Raveran thread, and HavocHamster's Drider city thread."

"Finally, yes, things changed rather dramatically, most of it within the last couple of days. Poet deleted all the old threads and made a whole new set of rules, most of which we're still following. You should check up on those." Xian takes a breath after the rapid flood of talking and shakes his head. "Right, anything else? Oh, Kern has veto powers. If he says you can be a Feral slave assassin at the age of sixteen, then go right ahead."
Xian
Demon

Postby Naur » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:53 am

Xian wrote:
"If the quote had said 'These professions are also open to drow of a non-noble status,' then you would be absolutely correct. This quote is just emphasizing the fact that noble drow can do pretty much whatever they feel like, because they're nobles. Commoners are more restricted, and a slave would certainly never be permitted to learn the professions unique to the upper classes."

Combat is NOT a skill unique to upper classes. If one can move their arms and legs they can fight. I'm not saying she's all super ninja-ish. I'm just saying she is given a weapon, taught some basics, then sent to kill people. A noble would have recognized status, the best equipment and training, and all that jazz. We're talking a slave given an old pair of metal claws, taught a few things, then sent to kill someone in return for favors from her master. It would make very much sense ESPECIALLY for a clan of outcasts with a very weak source of income and manpower like the vloz'ress.
Naur
cute 'lil chibi

Postby Xian » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:59 am

"Okay, you see, this is why a detailed background is important. It's important for me, as the character approval guy, to know exactly how plausible your character is. I was under the impression that you were after a sixteen year old Feral slave who also happened to be a full-fledged assassin."

"Now, I still disagree that nobles would impart even that kind of training on a sixteen year old Feral, because that's ridiculously young, epecially to a drow. Keep in mind that age is reflective experience. Re-submit your character with a more detailed background outlining the kind of training you received. If your character is believable and adheres to the world setting, then it will be approved."

Edit: Xian wipes his brow and whistles, "Yikes, look, I'm going to go out for a bit. I was expected at a friend's place about an hour ago. I'll field questions later, if there are any more." Xian and the old man stare at one another for a few seconds, and Xian tentatively points his thumb at the door. "I'll, uh, I'll let myself out." With that, he backs out of the room, and rapid footsteps can be heard echoing from the hallway.
Xian
Demon

Postby Naur » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:01 am

Xian wrote:"Okay, okay," Xian says, shaking his head and waving his hands for a temporary cease-fire. "Naur asked first, and I completely missed that, so let me address that. Maybe a slave can be trained as an assassin, but the point is that the position simply isn't trusted to them. Slaves are treated as manual labourers, cooks, or, in your case, a pleasure-slave. It's rare indeed that masters give their slaves weapons, because they're considered to be simply inferior and useless. Such is the life of a slave. Limited freedom to do and be what you want."

In any society with slavery, there were always particular slaves that would give in to their masters on certain things to get special favors and treatment. Often it was informants about other slaves, a stool pidgeon if you will. Killing people in a society as violent as the drow could be such a task, especially if they're efficient at it.

Although come to think of it, killing can be as simple as slipping poison in a guests food, something a slave can easily do so assassination isn't limited to combat and stealth.
Naur
cute 'lil chibi

Postby Xian » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:03 am

"Put it in your background!" echoes from down the hall.
Xian
Demon

Postby Naur » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:04 am

Xian wrote:
Edit: Xian wipes his brow and whistles, "Yikes, look, I'm going to go out for a bit. I was expected at a friend's place about an hour ago. I'll field questions later, if there are any more." Xian and the old man stare at one another for a few seconds, and Xian tentatively points his thumb at the door. "I'll, uh, I'll let myself out." With that, he backs out of the room, and rapid footsteps can be heard echoing from the hallway.

Ok I'll work at changing my character bio, although I still am at a loss as to what I'm going to do for selling myself.
Naur
cute 'lil chibi

Postby Naur » Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:05 am

Xian wrote:"Put it in your background!" echoes from down the hall.

*yells after him* SORRY! I POSTED AFTER YOUR LAST ONE SO I DIDN'T SEE IT!
Naur
cute 'lil chibi

PreviousNext

Return to Drowtales Roleplay Archive